Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:05 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1450, gob wrote:
In post 1449, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1205, Vivax wrote: Fwiw I forgot that I‘d accept gob in the bloc.
I‘m just kinda treating him as non-entity so I almost forgot. Cute posting but can‘t take it seriously.
His posts just come across as so innocent. It's like he puts no thought at all into how they will be perceived.
Thanks, i have confidence in myself. Sort of. It's not really real, and I think everyone knows that. But it's a workable facade everyone can play around.
Give me two sentences for why I am mafia.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:06 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1467, Vivax wrote:
In post 1466, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1107, Vivax wrote: I'll have to hedge on DP being town because he is usually very good at wrestling thread control and being the dominant voice, and I couldn't see him doing that yet.

There could be a bunch of town reasons for that like his dates, Bday etc. but I hope that it will eventually show. I'm not used to him looking so comfortable with not having a large degree of control. In my last few games where he was town he was far from having a laissez-faire attitude.
I don't agree that I don't have control when I am in the thread. Maybe I don't now, since I was afk for like a huge period but I def was leading when I was active.
Dunno, when I asked JacobStrangelove about that thread back on TL I saw a side of you that I didn‘t even know existed.

You are still just moderately invested, but I‘m taking note of your intent when it comes
to Dannflor.

Why prioritize him over Luca though? Makes me think it‘s personal, and I don‘t sympathize with personal right now.
Can you explain this please.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:07 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1475, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1450, gob wrote:
In post 1449, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1205, Vivax wrote: Fwiw I forgot that I‘d accept gob in the bloc.
I‘m just kinda treating him as non-entity so I almost forgot. Cute posting but can‘t take it seriously.
His posts just come across as so innocent. It's like he puts no thought at all into how they will be perceived.
Thanks, i have confidence in myself. Sort of. It's not really real, and I think everyone knows that. But it's a workable facade everyone can play around.
Give me two sentences for why I am mafia.
And another two for why you thought dann was mafia and now are voting with his reads.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:11 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 1114, Vivax wrote:
In post 795, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 562, Roden wrote: My case on Order is void at atp, I didn't like their early interactions with Luca and Vivax but turned my opinion around. I vibe with the mentality "I only post what I feel I need to" and tonally I feel that their posting has gotten a lot better.

UNVOTE:

I also had some reservations about Dann, at one point it looked like he may have been trying to pocket me with posts like and when he was hard defending me while writing his case against Ninja. I think he ultimately is town though for later backing up a bit and concluding that he might've been too hasty, I think if he were scum he would just stick to town reading me and leaving it at that.

Luca I think is spewed town for being unable to discern that I was mimicking Oats' play and behavior when interacting with him and then not knowing that me calling them scum was a joke. They've overall been fairly townie and strike me as someone who's got a decent grasp on the game.

Ninja at first seemed similar to Luca, but the more I interacted with her and then saw some of her later posts, the more I think she's just playing with an agenda to elim people rather than scum hunt. Her insistence on arguing that I'm wrong about my own thoughts and intentions reads more as gaslighting rather than someone who's actually try to solve my alignment. doubles down on this and is very tonally manipulative.

VOTE: Ninja

I really don't get this vote, when Ninja put forth a lot of insightful analysis in that has gone unrecognised by Roden, who is zoning in primarily on things that directly involve him. I also don't see the gaslighting/manipulation, so perhaps you can point that out for me (unless you already have, as I'm still slowly catching-up).

I also am a little confused as to why not realising you were mimicking oats/not being serious when calling me scum spews me as town?
When going through his ISO I'm mostly looking for his reasons for being so sure Roden is scum and while backreading this shows up.
Yet he prefers to talk about me or other controversial matters or what makes people town instead of corroborating why exactly he is so sure Roden is mafia.

So why does Luca think Roden is mafia?
Not going to lie the spew as town part is really odd.

I'm really having a hard time actually understanding the points you're making.

I've never been 'so sure' that Roden is scum, and at this point in time I was still waiting to hear his more general take on the game.

Your second sentence just makes little sense to me. Why should I not talk about controversial events going on in the game? I commented on Roden's limited catch-up, and I can't just keep on posting about Roden until they've actually caught up and presented their view on the game, can I? And if I did that, you would probably be questioning why I'm not commenting on other things going on in the game. It's like you're creating a situation where you can present me as being scummy either way.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:12 pm

Post by Vivax »

First of all, nice post by Dp. Probably correct on most accounts.
In post 1473, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1471, Vivax wrote:
In post 1468, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1089, Vivax wrote: I am more amicable and diplomatic as mafia. I rarely take risks. I think if I had to pick my mafia version for this game it would be much more similar to how Luca Blight plays.
Maybe I should scumread him after all.

I'm a little suspicious of this, because I don't see why it would take until this point in time for Vivax to have this consideration. For me, this is the first thing I think about, which is why i was suspicious of outoforder and Roden early doors for their sudden burst of energy, as it's reminiscent of my past scum games.
Noted that you are interceding in Roden vs me, against me, which makes sense on one side because Roden refuses to vote for you, doesn‘t on the other because he used to be your only scumread.

But why not intercede in the Dann vs DP dichotomy?

I haven't even caught-up to Roden's catch-up yet.

Why should I intercede on Dann vs Darth Punk? I don't get your point.
The point is that it‘s likely going to be Dann vs DP/Roden vs me

Surely you can take a stance on the second option as well vs just taking a stance on me when I am vying for your elimination.

If not, Roden would be you next best shot.
Sudden burst of energy involves OoO in your opinion, not me ?
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:13 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

Why is Oats lock town?
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:14 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

- Meant For DP
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:18 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1479, Vivax wrote: First of all, nice post by Dp. Probably correct on most accounts.
In post 1473, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1471, Vivax wrote:
In post 1468, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1089, Vivax wrote: I am more amicable and diplomatic as mafia. I rarely take risks. I think if I had to pick my mafia version for this game it would be much more similar to how Luca Blight plays.

I'm a little suspicious of this, because I don't see why it would take until this point in time for Vivax to have this consideration. For me, this is the first thing I think about, which is why i was suspicious of outoforder and Roden early doors for their sudden burst of energy, as it's reminiscent of my past scum games.
Noted that you are interceding in Roden vs me, against me, which makes sense on one side because Roden refuses to vote for you, doesn‘t on the other because he used to be your only scumread.

But why not intercede in the Dann vs DP dichotomy?

I haven't even caught-up to Roden's catch-up yet.

Why should I intercede on Dann vs Darth Punk? I don't get your point.
The point is that it‘s likely going to be Dann vs DP/Roden vs me

Surely you can take a stance on the second option as well vs just taking a stance on me when I am vying for your elimination.

If not, Roden would be you next best shot.
Sudden burst of energy involves OoO in your opinion, not me ?

My stance is that I don't want either Dann or Darth Punk to be eliminated today. If I'm wrong about one of them then it's Darth Punk, but I would rather (as it stands, I'm still catching up) eliminate either Roden, yourself, or one of the quieter slots like Hu Tao or Naerys, before even considering an elimination on someone I have reason to townread.

Regarding the last question, yes, I meant outoforder. I think your energy level has been quite consistent, although your reads and thoughts have been all over the place.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:18 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1478, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
In post 562, Roden wrote: My case on Order is void at atp, I didn't like their early interactions with Luca and Vivax but turned my opinion around. I vibe with the mentality "I only post what I feel I need to" and tonally I feel that their posting has gotten a lot better.

UNVOTE:

I also had some reservations about Dann, at one point it looked like he may have been trying to pocket me with posts like and when he was hard defending me while writing his case against Ninja. I think he ultimately is town though for later backing up a bit and concluding that he might've been too hasty, I think if he were scum he would just stick to town reading me and leaving it at that.

Luca I think is spewed town for being unable to discern that I was mimicking Oats' play and behavior when interacting with him and then not knowing that me calling them scum was a joke. They've overall been fairly townie and strike me as someone who's got a decent grasp on the game.

Ninja at first seemed similar to Luca, but the more I interacted with her and then saw some of her later posts, the more I think she's just playing with an agenda to elim people rather than scum hunt. Her insistence on arguing that I'm wrong about my own thoughts and intentions reads more as gaslighting rather than someone who's actually try to solve my alignment. doubles down on this and is very tonally manipulative.

I really don't get this vote, when Ninja put forth a lot of insightful analysis in that has gone unrecognised by Roden, who is zoning in primarily on things that directly involve him. I also don't see the gaslighting/manipulation, so perhaps you can point that out for me (unless you already have, as I'm still slowly catching-up).

I also am a little confused as to why not realising you were mimicking oats/not being serious when calling me scum spews me as town?
When going through his ISO I'm mostly looking for his reasons for being so sure Roden is scum and while backreading this shows up.
Yet he prefers to talk about me or other controversial matters or what makes people town instead of corroborating why exactly he is so sure Roden is mafia.

I've never been 'so sure' that Roden is scum, and at this point in time I was still waiting to hear his more general take on the game.

Your second sentence just makes little sense to me. Why should I not talk about controversial events going on in the game? I commented on Roden's limited catch-up, and I can't just keep on posting about Roden until they've actually caught up and presented their view on the game, can I? And if I did that, you would probably be questioning why I'm not commenting on other things going on in the game. It's like you're creating a situation where you can present me as being scummy either way.
You had one scumread so far, Roden. I would vote Dannflor if the opportunity presented itself.
Hence I have no need to put you into a damned if I do damned if I don‘t position.

What prevents you from acknowledging that my suspicion on you comes from a townie point of view ?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:21 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 1483, Vivax wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

UNVOTE:

You had one scumread so far, Roden. I would vote Dannflor if the opportunity presented itself.
Hence I have no need to put you into a damned if I do damned if I don‘t position.

What prevents you from acknowledging that my suspicion on you comes from a townie point of view ?

I have already acknowledged that your style of play could make sense as coming from Town.

I just feel like the timing is strange - if I am playing just like you play when you're mafia, then why didn't this occur to you before? It seems unnatural and potentially a calculated move to suddenly introduce this view now.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:21 pm

Post by Naerys »

In post 1253, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1235, Naerys wrote:
In post 1232, Hu Tao wrote: I'm okay with voting Luca or maybe naerys.
kk Hu is probably town here
Cuz u are SR me
Why
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:27 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1484, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

UNVOTE:

I have already acknowledged that your style of play could make sense as coming from Town.

I just feel like the timing is strange - if I am playing just like you play when you're mafia, then why didn't this occur to you before? It seems unnatural and potentially a calculated move to suddenly introduce this view now.
I would fall for how I played as mafia, initially, not in the long term.

Now, what I‘m trying to do is direct your attention to Dann vs DP because omgusing me is just a bit too convenient from where you‘re standing .

If you are town it shouldn‘t be an issue to‘ acknowledge that they can‘t be scum together.
All I want to know is what they are to you.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:30 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 1124, Grackaroni wrote:
I can get behind this read.

Luca's posts are all very logical but there's something that feels off about it to me. He posts a light suspicion of Dann and then says that Dann is clear town after seeing his first case. Similarly he posts some things concerning him about DP/OoO, but then comes around pretty quickly to both of them being townie. He's not at all worried that a stronger player could have rolled mafia and his posts just feel rather safe.

I just don't see Dann's play as coming from scum at all, no matter how good he might be at playing scum. Just about every move he has made since his case on ninja has reflected my own reactions upon reading through. If he actually is scum then fair play, it's a masterful performance and he deserves it.

Outoforder seemed very town in his sorting of me earlier and in his general play. There has been the slightly underhanded shading that has given me pause for thought, but I am still pretty confident on him being town.

Regarding 'safe' posts, I actually feel a lot of your posts (including the one I'm quoting) are very much in the 'safe' category. I would much prefer to play in a more dynamic way, which I feel I'm normally capable of, but as I've said I'm finding it difficult in this current game state.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:36 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 1486, Vivax wrote:
In post 1484, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

UNVOTE:

I would fall for how I played as mafia, initially, not in the long term.

Now, what I‘m trying to do is direct your attention to Dann vs DP because omgusing me is just a bit too convenient from where you‘re standing .

If you are town it shouldn‘t be an issue to‘ acknowledge that they can‘t be scum together.
All I want to know is what they are to you.

Omgusing? that isn't what's happening here. If anything it's the other way around, as I suspected you before you raised even the slightest hint of suspicion against me.

You want to know where I am on DP vs Dann, but if you've been reading my posts you should already know that Dann is my strongest townread, and I have Darth Punk as more likely Town.

I will probably review Darth Punk again at some point as I instinctively feel that, out of my stronger town reads, he is the one I could be wrong on.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:38 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1487, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:

Luca's posts are all very logical but there's something that feels off about it to me. He posts a light suspicion of Dann and then says that Dann is clear town after seeing his first case. Similarly he posts some things concerning him about DP/OoO, but then comes around pretty quickly to both of them being townie. He's not at all worried that a stronger player could have rolled mafia and his posts just feel rather safe.

I just don't see Dann's play as coming from scum at all, no matter how good he might be at playing scum. Just about every move he has made since his case on ninja has reflected my own reactions upon reading through. If he actually is scum then fair play, it's a masterful performance and he deserves it.

Outoforder seemed very town in his sorting of me earlier and in his general play. There has been the slightly underhanded shading that has given me pause for thought, but I am still pretty confident on him being town.

Regarding 'safe' posts, I actually feel a lot of your posts (including the one I'm quoting) are very much in the 'safe' category. I would much prefer to play in a more dynamic way, which I feel I'm normally capable of, but as I've said I'm finding it difficult in this current game state.
So you set up a rationale for a strong Dancefloor townread.

What‘s missing here is your rationale for your DP-at-all read.

What do you think about their exchanges ? Surely they can‘t be partnered ?

If so, what are we looking at: TvT or SvT?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:40 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 1489, Vivax wrote:
Spoiler:

It should be obvious from what I've said that I don't think they're partnered.

Right now I would say TvT. I'm still catching-up, and will review this again once I'm finished.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:42 pm

Post by Vivax »

If one were truly town irl, he‘d be mafia aligned knowing the town can‘t do shit.

Not that it matters for the game. But it matters for the homeless. Mafia is first of all: Friendship and support
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:43 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1490, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Right now I would say TvT. I'm still catching-up, and will review this again once I'm finished.
Fair enough, but a Roden scumread won‘t be enough.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:44 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

Spoiler:

I don't disagree. I'm also not a flashy player.

The main thing that bothers me is how comfortable you are with your town reads. Neither DP/Dann did anything that I read as super scummy, but I can't help but feel that there may be some fire there between them. My reads will definitely end up swinging a lot further before the day ends.

With you it feels to me like you're just sold on people being town fairly easily and not at all uneasy with your reads after they're made.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:46 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 1492, Vivax wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Enough for what, exactly?

This kind of post is like you're trying to make me look bad without actually attempting to discern my alignment. If you actually were trying to discern my alignment you'd want my catch-up to be organic, and then parse it based on what I've said, rather than trying to influence what I might say with such comments.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:51 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1494, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1492, Vivax wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Enough for what, exactly?

This kind of post is like you're trying to make me look bad without actually attempting to discern my alignment. If you actually were trying to discern my alignment you'd want my catch-up to be organic, and then parse it based on what I've said, rather than trying to influence what I might say with such comments.
I‘m trying to obtain information about you.
I can‘t do that if you just rest on me or Roden being mafia.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:54 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 1493, Grackaroni wrote:
Spoiler:

I don't disagree. I'm also not a flashy player.

The main thing that bothers me is how comfortable you are with your town reads. Neither DP/Dann did anything that I read as super scummy, but I can't help but feel that there may be some fire there between them. My reads will definitely end up swinging a lot further before the day ends.

With you it feels to me like you're just sold on people being town fairly easily and not at all uneasy with your reads after they're made.

I understand your point of view.

I'm not normally so confident on town reads, but I genuinely feel as though I've seen enough from Dann and probably Ninja to townbin them already. I think as scum I probably would hesitate to do this in fear of TMI (if they weren't my partners) and because both of them have come under some heavy suspicion. I would probably try to buddy the stronger players in some way while keeping my options open a bit.

I got a strong sense of outoforder being town after my earlier exchange with them, and in general his play has been good and proactive, and he's made some good observations, even if he is a bit nitpicky at times. This is a read I'm not 100% on, but it's certainly good enough for now. Usually when I play Mafia, I tend to disregard certain players who seem town until later in the game, as there is usually enough scummy-looking players who need to be sorted first. It seems as though this playstyle isn't particularly compatible with other players in this game, and to be fair maybe I should be a little more proactive myself.

I'll see what my catch-up brings, and then try to reassess accordingly.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:56 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Spoiler:

Can you explain how this parses with your town reads on me and ninja and that danns two largest contributions were cases on me and ninja?

Also he just pushed me your town read, and then backflipped how do those moves align with
In post 1487, Luca Blight wrote: Just about every move he has made since his case on ninja has reflected my own reactions upon reading through.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:58 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

I'm slowly narrowing down my list.

I think Vivax is 0% mafia. I think he has some awareness of how to play to people's expectations, but after watching him in mafia chat several times as a host he's often just posting random things and giggling that he's still getting away with it. I've never seen him genuinely invested in the game as mafia in the way that he has been in this game. I'd be really shocked if he was mafia.

OutofOrder - I didn't think the way he was pushing me was likely as a scumy push since if he wanted to portray me as scummy/yeet me I'm sure he knows that there's much more effective ways of going about it than focusing on me not commenting on one of his posts. It doesn't seem like something he would manufacture as scum. If DP is convinced that OoO would not engage with Vivax like this as town then I am fine with town reading him.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:59 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1480, Grackaroni wrote: Why is Oats lock town?
He is posting freely, he is analysing, he is pressuring, his views align with mine, and he is clearly getting bored at the lack of action and wants to see a flip lol which strikes me as very genuine and very townie/hard to fake as maf.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”