Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:46 am

Post by Gypyx »

Roden (3) :
Luca Blight / SuperflousNinja / oatsmaster

Luca Blight (3) :
outoforder / Hu Tao / DarthPunk

DarthPunk (3) :
Dannflor / gob / Roden

gob (1) :
Grackaroni

oatsmaster (1) :
Naerys

Not Voting (2):
Dunnstral / Vivax

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to secure an execution.

Day One ends in (expired on 2024-02-12 04:48:03)

Mod Notesdidn't count oatsmaster's at it appears to be accidental, if you accidentally make a vote / unvote you didn't want to please correct it manually for clarity purposes

Flavor
Spoiler:
I mean i'm not being very fair here, we *do* see a zombie drone but like, only for litterally 10 seconds at the start of episode 5, like

*We're in a scrapyard, with plenty of deactivated drones in a pile*

*zoom into the pile*

*we see a drone getting back to life, who looks understeandably a bit frightened by everything*

and that's it, not like really that's IT, this place / drone / THIS WHOLE IDEA never comes up again
Last edited by Gypyx on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:53 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1667, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Also, just because this was on my mind, IS anyone concerned that suddenly OOO and Vivax teamed up like that, like OOO didn't even try to hide the fact that he showed up and wanted to go all True Detective, all Woody Harrelson / Matthew McConaughey with another player and try to solve the game together? With Vivax as one of my scum reads, of course that's going to bother me, but really it just bothers me that anyone, on day one, would do a thing like "okay fellow townie who I have declared town, let us solve the game together!" Like how has anyone built that level of trust with anyone in this game at this point?

It worries me even more that OOO admitted that he once fake-claimed mason just to save Oats once. That tells me that OOO is willing to pull some crazy fucking gambits in this game. So I wonder if the gambit right there was for him to team up with his scum buddy Vivax and make themselves look super townie by going all True Detective mode on everyone together. In that world it's then likely a scum team of Roden / OOO / Vivax and I'm totally wrong about Hu Tao.

That is a more outlandish theory though and I need to see if I can see an angle of OOO as scum to take this seriously. But if I really am wrong about Hu Tao then obviously I'm gonna need to figure something else out.

As for Dann, I really don't know what to think at the moment and I need to dive into him some more also.
Please do have reads and post them.

No lim today thanks: Hu Tao, Grack Fields, Oats, OoO, DP, SuperfluousNinja
Maybe lim: Luca, Dunnstral, Gob (too cocky right there but he gives off jester vibes), Roden, Dannflor

Ahh I don't know about Naerys any more but I guess I want to fry other fish.

Sometimes you just have to narrow the scope down like that and accept to treat uncertainty with certainty for the sake of progress.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:59 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1675, Gypyx wrote:
Roden (3) :
Luca Blight / SuperflousNinja / oatsmaster

Luca Blight (3) :
outoforder / Hu Tao / DarthPunk

DarthPunk (3) :
Dannflor / gob / Roden

gob (1) :
Grackaroni

oatsmaster (1) :
Naerys

Not Voting (2):
Dunnstral / Vivax

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to secure an execution.

Day One ends in (expired on 2024-02-12 04:48:03)

Mod Notesdidn't count oatsmaster's at it appears to be accidental, if you accidentally make a vote / unvote you didn't want to please correct it manually for clarity purposes

Flavor
Spoiler:
sorry I SWEAR that flavor is coming
Decisions decisions. I like the DP wagon the least, no matter Dann's alignment, so I'm going to

VOTE: Roden

I'll have to review the Luca/DP battle later. What bothers me the most about that VC is that Roden doesn't vote Luca who's the first on his wagon. Why does he never assume that he's mafia that wants to kill him and even declines the opportunity to join the wagon on him to save himself which would be pro-town?

I'm assuming he's trying to reverse psychology town to trick it into believing he isn't playing for survival.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:01 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 1672, Vivax wrote: A bit more activity and this game could almost become like Imperial mafia when it built up 100 pages within two days.

This is how you catch the mafia. You give them lots of things they don‘t need or want to read until they commit sudoku

Funny you should bring this up, as there's one more thing I wanted to mind-dump about, and that's that I actually think this chatter about how Day 1 is so great for finding scum because of how long it is and such... I actually kinda disagree with the sentiment and I think it might actually be scummy from a certain angle.

Because, sure, having plenty of time to solve things is good, being rushed is bad. But there IS a limit to that. There is for sure a point where you reach "analysis paralysis" and it would probably be better to get some solid info before you do more. (FWIW, Oats realized this yesterday and I find that quite townie of him) whereas I feel like OOO is more arguing that ultra long days are just great full stop. I don't think I agree.

I mean at this stage of today, yes, I am genuinely starting to worry that we're going way too far down rabbit holes. Is that not a circumstance that's favorable to scum? To put down so many theories and work so many angles that now ANYTHING is possible? I'd feel better if it actually seemed like we were CONVERGING on things, but frankly, I am not seeing it. Darth casting a vote for Gob now? Vivax giving up on scum OOO and actually working with him? A continuous will they / won't they with Dann? Is anyone else feeling like, you know what, we all have some pretty good theories at this point, let's get some concrete evidence before we drive ourselves crazy with the analysis?

OOO also said (correct me if I'm wrong, I'll dog up the quote later) that it is, like, either really hard or nearly impossible to mislynch on day one because of how long it is. And like... No? I don't think that's true at all! If it were, I would have thought that the people putting together these games would have said, you know what, the way we've set this game up is just way too favorable towards town and so we need to change the rules in some way. If it were actually true that town disproportionately wins day one, the rules would have changed by now. That statement just otherwise seems like it's trying to bolster our Descent into our rabbit holes and the need to go even further with them.

Vivax, the fact that you are piggybacking off of OOO's angle that a long day 1 is so great just makes me think harder that I'm on to something thinking you two are scummates. If that bothers you, then that should actually convince you that maybe I'm right about this, because clearly I'm losing analytical efficiency and going down rabbit holes if I'm wrong about this.

Maybe I'm just not looking forward to getting flamed by Roden for another five fucking days but I really am leaning towards "let's get some solid info before we analyze ourselves to death". Knowing Roden's alignment helps quite a lot AND helps to redirect our energies. I don't expect we'll be yeeting anyone else today and I don't think we should either, so I'm probably not changing my vote. But I'd like to start using it again AFTER we've seen this one through.

Sorry for the long post, Gob. But also, no I'm not. :)
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:04 am

See? Now one of my scumspects casts a fresh vote on another of my scumspects. I'd love to know what that's about.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:07 am

Post by Vivax »

Okay you can think me and OoO are teamed. I think it‘s an absurd belief but alright.

The wagon structure right now is smexy for later info. Pitting Roden against Luca was unsuccessful but would have been a townie reaction for him to act upon. That ship has sailed.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:14 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1665, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I will read this whole thing between the two of them at some point, but you know what would really help me at the very least with Luca? Knowing how you all feel about Hu Tao.

I talked a bit about Hu Tao in my catch-up. She is one of the slots I would ok with voting, although right now I prefer either Darth Punk or Roden still.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:15 am

Actually I think the scumspicion of Darth by anyone is probably the clearest evidence of analysis paralysis. It's just a bad angle, full stop.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:19 am

In post 1681, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1665, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I will read this whole thing between the two of them at some point, but you know what would really help me at the very least with Luca? Knowing how you all feel about Hu Tao.

I talked a bit about Hu Tao in my catch-up. She is one of the slots I would ok with voting, although right now I prefer either Darth Punk or Roden still.

Darth has posted more than anyone in this thread. While activity level isn't a great indicator, I feel like the #1 poster (by a pretty hefty margin) being scum has got to be one of the most unlikely outcomes in this game.

I don't think you're scum for this angle on Darth, FWIW; I think it's probably a consequence of analysis paralysis at this point. I still feel like the best way I can sort things out in regards to you is to see what the town barometer on Hu Tao is, as that is the best gauge I have in knowing how crazy of a theory it is.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:19 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1664, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1662, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1659, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1653, Luca Blight wrote: I could just as easily say that Darth's case literally amounts to "Dann changed his read on me and is hard-pushing me as scum instead of asking me questions".
Not really sure whats wrong with a case like that. Does it not make sense to you?

Changing your read on a player and pushing your scumread does =/= scum.
so how is darth punk scum then?

You keep asking me things that I've already answered. Are you doing this on purpose?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:25 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1683, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1681, Luca Blight wrote:

Darth has posted more than anyone in this thread. While activity level isn't a great indicator, I feel like the #1 poster (by a pretty hefty margin) being scum has got to be one of the most unlikely outcomes in this game.

I don't think you're scum for this angle on Darth, FWIW; I think it's probably a consequence of analysis paralysis at this point. I still feel like the best way I can sort things out in regards to you is to see what the town barometer on Hu Tao is, as that is the best gauge I have in knowing how crazy of a theory it is.

I thought Darth was more likely town too, but his reaction to my defence of Dann comes across as very scummy to me. I have a hard time believing he is being genuine when he can only see me as being Mafia based on that. If he's just a limited player who gets tunnelled at the drop of the hat then maybe, but he is supposed to be an excellent town player. It also just doesn't feel as though he is being sincere with his reaction at all.

I wouldn't put too much stock into activity this game - the players from the other site are naturally interacting a lot between each other which drives their post counts up massively. I'm actually surprised that Oats isn't top poster as he seems to be constantly in this thread.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:26 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1684, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1664, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1662, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1659, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1653, Luca Blight wrote: I could just as easily say that Darth's case literally amounts to "Dann changed his read on me and is hard-pushing me as scum instead of asking me questions".
Not really sure whats wrong with a case like that. Does it not make sense to you?

Changing your read on a player and pushing your scumread does =/= scum.
so how is darth punk scum then?

You keep asking me things that I've already answered. Are you doing this on purpose?
Oats is the angry chihuahua that hungrily clutches your scummy buttcheek and doesn't let go while you keep screaming for help.
Probably, yes.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:29 am

In post 1680, Vivax wrote: Okay you can think me and OoO are teamed. I think it‘s an absurd belief but alright.

Okay, so am I right, then? Have I gone too far down the rabbit hole?

Has anyone else? (Gonna be kinda hard to answer this one with a "no" if the previous one is a "yes")
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:30 am

Post by gob »

i wont fall apart
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:34 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

I give up, it is what it is.

Luca wants to waste his vote on dp that’s fine.

Vivax and ooo aren’t teamed
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:37 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I think it's possible that two of the players from the other site could be partnered, which would explain the game state that most active players seem town. If there is a real chemistry and motivation between two players, like if Oats and outoforder were scum together, which is the example I floated out earlier, then i could well imagine them being fully motivated to be active and catch on to any little detail possible, filling the thread with interaction that most would assume is town. The same could apply for outoforder and Vivax i guess, but I'm not going to go too far into that consideration on D1.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:38 am

Post by gob »

its Luca Blight everyone
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:41 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1689, Oatsmaster wrote: I give up, it is what it is.

What do you think to Darth's reaction?

Do you think I'm definitely scum for defending Dann as I did, or is this a reasonable conclusion to come to? Is this the kind of reaction you'd expect from Town!Darth?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:42 am

In post 238, Luca Blight wrote: VOTE: Roden

Okay people, explain this one to me. We are all pretty much in agreement that Roden is scum, seems like. We don't have his flip yet, but it certainly seems like we unofficially agree that we should be operating off the assumption that Roden is guilty, with any theory we come up with. Right?

Okay, so then if Luca is guilty:

1) Why is his VERY FIRST VOTE for his teammate?
2) Why would he do it this early in the game (he cast it on Friday)?

Like I'm sorry but "he's bussing" is a bad argument in this context. It's more believable and likely if it comes later and in reaction to points that other people have made. But he might actually have been the one to START this wagon (I need to verify that). Like just, right from the get-go, "fuck you teammate, you goin' DAYOWN, biotch!!" Like I'm sorry but I just really don't buy that. It's too proactive, too early, too completely unnecessary to make any sense to me.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:43 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1687, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1680, Vivax wrote: Okay you can think me and OoO are teamed. I think it‘s an absurd belief but alright.

Has anyone else? (Gonna be kinda hard to answer this one with a "no" if the previous one is a "yes")
I think so, throw your trust at someone and try to work with them, it‘s what I did. One can always reevaluate but reevaluation as a permanent state leads to nowhere.

VOTE: Luca Blight

Now I‘m curious about gob saying that about Luca, and this makes Oats happy too.

I‘m fine with this vote for reasons already stated earlier.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:45 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1692, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1689, Oatsmaster wrote: I give up, it is what it is.

What do you think to Darth's reaction?

Do you think I'm definitely scum for defending Dann as I did, or is this a reasonable conclusion to come to? Is this the kind of reaction you'd expect from Town!Darth?
Imma need to see some flips for my personal view but I absolutely can see his pov and this is normal from town!darth
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:51 am

Like, whoever genuinely thinks Luca is guilty, do you really not have a better angle to work here, one that makes more sense and seems more likely, than one in which a guy IMMEDIATELY throws his teammate under the bus?

Like at the very least, independently of game stuff, it's clearly just a shitty thing to do to a person. Like you really do need to be an asshole to do this. You're kicking someone out of the game for your own benefit. Because you know the chips are gonna fall in your favor, right? I mean in this scenario, the person really is guilty, so you're probably going to get what you want here.

I don't know Luca on a personal level but he seems like a perfectly nice guy to me. This game can so, so easily bring out the worst in people so it's actually not that hard to get the measure of a person's character in this game, and Luca does not at all seem like an asshole, not even a little bit.

Last minute add: Vivax voted Luca in the time I was writing this. My read on Vivax stands.

I need to get to work. I want to focus on catching up on reading during what time I have so I'll talk to you all this evening.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:52 am

In post 1694, Vivax wrote:
In post 1687, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

Answer my second question, Vivax.

It's awfully, awfully scummy that you ignored it.

I think so, throw your trust at someone and try to work with them, it‘s what I did. One can always reevaluate but reevaluation as a permanent state leads to nowhere.

VOTE: Luca Blight

Now I‘m curious about gob saying that about Luca, and this makes Oats happy too.

I‘m fine with this vote for reasons already stated earlier.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:53 am

FUCK, put it in the wrong place again.

Answer my second question, Vivax.

It's awfully, awfully scummy that you ignored it.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:57 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

He did answer it though?