Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:34 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1533, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 168, Dannflor wrote: Dunn is definitely mafia
In post 376, Dannflor wrote: dunnstral why is superfluous' assertion about lurkers like the most interesting thing to you about this game so far

i don't think you're scum for lurking
but i don't understand why you are picking at the things you are picking at
I just don't understand this progression at all.

Dunn had literally only lurked and then talked about Mafia Meta with Ninja.
oh my god the first post was a JOKE
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:35 am

Post by Dannflor »

that post, as well as were made immediately after where gob says I have a tell where if I say "x is town" or "x is scum" it means I'm scum

I thought it was funny
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:36 am

Post by Dannflor »

And I thought it was obvious I did not have enough data yet to say someone was definitely scum at that point in the game

especially because I wasn't voting for him?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:39 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 1578, Roden wrote:
In post 1576, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1574, Roden wrote: VOTE: Punk

I'll buy into Dann's case.
Summarize danns case
Summarize deez nuts

He's given up. lol
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:40 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1600, DarthPunk wrote: Dann do you usually post the most in your games?
not always the most of everyone but I'm usually in the top half of posters

I'm pretty equally active as both alignments as far as i know
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:40 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm gonna try to detach myself from the current DP/me/Luca stuff because I don't think I can get an earnest read on Luca when he's hard defending me lol
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:57 am

Hu Tao

Hu Tao

Hu Tao

I implore you all, please, let's discuss Hu Tao.

The beauty of it is you can absolutely believe Dann or Luca are guilty AND Hu Tao is too! It's just that you all seem to think Luca AND Dann are guilty. And I think that needs to be viewed as a more improbable theory, but that's just me.

But like, please, open your minds a little bit, consider that maybe Luca / Dann are just 1 scum, maybe even zero, and tell me whether you think Hu Tao is a viable scum candidate in that scenario.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:58 am

Post by gob »

In post 1756, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Hu Tao

Hu Tao

Hu Tao

I implore you all, please, let's discuss Hu Tao.

The beauty of it is you can absolutely believe Dann or Luca are guilty AND Hu Tao is too! It's just that you all seem to think Luca AND Dann are guilty. And I think that needs to be viewed as a more improbable theory, but that's just me.

But like, please, open your minds a little bit, consider that maybe Luca / Dann are just 1 scum, maybe even zero, and tell me whether you think Hu Tao is a viable scum candidate in that scenario.
Sounds good to me. Lets get em
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:00 am

Post by Dannflor »

Can you summarize your read/case on Hu Tao, Ninja? Or point me to the posts where you state it?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:26 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1753, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1578, Roden wrote:
In post 1576, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1574, Roden wrote: VOTE: Punk

I'll buy into Dann's case.
Summarize danns case
Summarize deez nuts

He's given up. lol
Maybe he should renane himself to hoden
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:10 am

In post 1758, Dannflor wrote: Can you summarize your read/case on Hu Tao, Ninja? Or point me to the posts where you state it?

I'm on my phone; I'll make a more comprehensive case with quotes and such this evening when I can be on my PC.

The chief rationale they used when I pushed them most recently was "well people seem to think I'm town, so there!" Like not actually explaining their actions or explaining why they said various things, just straight to peer pressuring me to give it up. That strikes me as highly suspicious.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:19 am

My soy sauce spilled all over my bag, FML
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:39 am

Post by Vivax »

It‘s like we‘re firing Roden for being on sick leave. Capitalists reading this game must be salivating or worse.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:57 am

In post 1762, Vivax wrote: It‘s like we‘re firing Roden for being on sick leave. Capitalists reading this game must be salivating or worse.

Yeah okay cool that's really great NOW HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT HU TAO
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:01 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 440, Gypyx wrote: SuperFluousNinja (4) : Dannflor / gob / oatsmaster / Hu Tao [Exe-3]
I guess in a town!Ninja world I should probably be considering Hu Tao as scum more seriously.

I think in a world where Ninja is scum, this wagon followed by my case on her is more likely to be all town. I don't think scum would necessarily expect that case to gain traction and the votes following my case didn't really seem like attempts to get credit for bussing.

However, if Ninja is town, I'd find it significantly more likely that a scum joined this wagon to piggy back off a TvT and at a glance the most likely candidate for that is probably Hu Tao? I don't really think gob or oatsmaster are scum for reasons I'll elaborate on.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:02 am

In post 1525, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1232, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1171, Vivax wrote: I‘ve been devil‘s advocate for you, don‘t you think ?

That earned me a lot of criticism, but in the long run it also told me that nobody would have done the same for you. Just cost me the extra effort, but I wasn‘t pretending, I actually believed it. To find the devil means to play his game first.

Except maybe Naerys, she might have done something for you, who resorted to calling Oats mafia without having a firm stance on you. A chainsaw vote.

Let‘s try Luca/Naerys/Roden ? See if anything changes ?
I'm okay with voting Luca or maybe naerys.
I think I'm leaning no on roden right now

Was this ever explained?

Because Hu Tao seems like the sort of player, in this game, to just go along with anything, so it surprises me that she would say 'no' to voting Roden here in particular.

Nope, it was not explained, and I for one would really like to see an explanation. I agree with Luca's logic here. Why is anyone leaning no on Roden at the moment?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:05 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1763, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1762, Vivax wrote: It‘s like we‘re firing Roden for being on sick leave. Capitalists reading this game must be salivating or worse.

ISO suggests possible scum. Very safe posting and little changes in opinion overall but I‘m assuming it could be a personality thing.

I am aware I had her as town but I might change my mind.
What‘s your impression ?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:07 am

In post 1764, Dannflor wrote:
In post 440, Gypyx wrote: SuperFluousNinja (4) : Dannflor / gob / oatsmaster / Hu Tao [Exe-3]
I think in a world where Ninja is scum, this wagon followed by my case on her is more likely to be all town.
I don't think scum would necessarily expect that case to gain traction
and the votes following my case didn't really seem like attempts to get credit for bussing.

Emphasis mine. I don't quite follow that part... Why wouldn't scum expect that wagon to gain traction?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:09 am

Post by Dannflor »

gob, I think tends to have more of a transparent agenda as scum. Even if you don't know him personally, reading through his ISO, I have to ask what he's actually trying to accomplish if he's scum here?

This isn't just a "too scummy to be scum" read, but more of a, how is he furthering his win condition by doing what he's doing?

Like he starts the game by pushing me, then reverses the read. Pushes Ninja with me, then goes back to pushing me. Can't remember why I'm scum, goes to push Darth Punk.

For one, I don't think this does gob any favors optically. Pushing DP is obviously a fool's errand and not likely to get you town read. Hedging so much on me I think comes from gob playing several games with me recently and wanting to be right on me, I don't really see why his mafia game-plan wouldn't be more straight forward in either tunneling me or trying to pocket me. Hedging on me just seems like he risks pissing me off. It's just like... If he's not trying to pocket anyone or look towny, but he's also not trying to get anyone specific killed, what exactly is his plan? It seems like he doesn't have one and I think scum!gob has a plan

There's also just the tone behind a lot of his posts, I think he wants to solve the game. I think he's hard on himself as town (see ) and I think he tends to bluster with overconfidence as scum. idk, i just get the vibe that the dude genuinely wants to solve the game and is trying his best damned what anyone else in the thread thinks and I think that's towny
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:09 am

In post 1766, Vivax wrote:
In post 1763, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

ISO suggests possible scum. Very safe posting and little changes in opinion overall but I‘m assuming it could be a personality thing.

I am aware I had her as town but I might change my mind.
What‘s your impression ?

Like I said, I will post a more thorough case later.

But do you actually not know how I lean on Hu Tao?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:13 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1767, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I don't quite follow that part... Why wouldn't scum expect that wagon to gain traction?
I think if scum see a townie come out of nowhere with a case on widely town read slot they won't necessarily assume people are going to listen to the case. And there's no reason to hop on early and help build momentum. I think it's more likely if a buddy gets pushed out of the blue like that that scum will wait and see how the thread generally reacts to the case first.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:13 am

Post by Dannflor »

I kinda want to just say that Ninja's frustration about no one listening to her about Hu Tao is towny
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:14 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1668, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Oh God I just SiGnPoStEd again, didn't I?!
kinda want to town lean posts like this too

I feel like scum might be more self conscious about complaining about the reasons people have scum read them

this feels more like a townie who is frustrated about being scum read for their posting/writing style
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

I also don't really think Ninja needs to defend Luca if she's scum - I guess unless they are exactly partnered? but if that were the case I don't think Luca would call me clearly town for making a case on Ninja in the first place
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:16 am

In post 1768, Dannflor wrote: gob, I think tends to have more of a transparent agenda as scum. Even if you don't know him personally, reading through his ISO, I have to ask what he's actually trying to accomplish if he's scum here?

This isn't just a "too scummy to be scum" read, but more of a, how is he furthering his win condition by doing what he's doing?

Like he starts the game by pushing me, then reverses the read. Pushes Ninja with me, then goes back to pushing me. Can't remember why I'm scum, goes to push Darth Punk.

For one, I don't think this does gob any favors optically. Pushing DP is obviously a fool's errand and not likely to get you town read. Hedging so much on me I think comes from gob playing several games with me recently and wanting to be right on me, I don't really see why his mafia game-plan wouldn't be more straight forward in either tunneling me or trying to pocket me. Hedging on me just seems like he risks pissing me off. It's just like... If he's not trying to pocket anyone or look towny, but he's also not trying to get anyone specific killed, what exactly is his plan? It seems like he doesn't have one and I think scum!gob has a plan

There's also just the tone behind a lot of his posts, I think he wants to solve the game. I think he's hard on himself as town (see ) and I think he tends to bluster with overconfidence as scum. idk, i just get the vibe that the dude genuinely wants to solve the game and is trying his best damned what anyone else in the thread thinks and I think that's towny

To piggyback off of this, when he asked me to give BRIEF summaries of my cases on people, that struck me as an "I do actually want to figure things out and want your thoughts but can you please give those to me in a manner that doesn't drive me fucking crazy" sort of thing, which is a townie thing to do. It does seem more like he cares than the alternative.

If he were scum I feel like he'd just hang his hat on bitching about long content and just leave it at that. (which is exactly what both Roden and Hu Tao did and is part of why I find them suspicious).

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”