Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:18 am

Post by Gypyx »

Luca Blight (4) :
outoforder / Hu Tao / DarthPunk / Vivax
[Exe-3]

Roden (3) :
Luca Blight / SuperflousNinja / oatsmaster

DarthPunk (3) :
Dannflor / gob / Roden

gob (1) :
Grackaroni

oatsmaster (1) :
Naerys

Not Voting (1):
Dunnstral

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to secure an execution.

Day One ends in (expired on 2024-02-12 04:48:03)

Mod NotesFlavor filled out from VC 10 to the current one !

Flavor
Spoiler:
Ok so i'm gonna be real i didn't plan for this day to go up to page 13 so things are gonna get mostly improvised here, like, i swear i have a lot to talk about still, but i wouldn't wanna get
too
far on scheduele, so instead let's talk get more lighthearted !

the soundtrack is *really* good, like, extremely, the only thing that is sad about it is that a lot of them actually work around the dialogue and get more calm when it happens, so it's a bit tough to listen to it individually

the style is a mix of rock / dark electro and it works really well, here would be my 2 personal favorites !

Last edited by Gypyx on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:19 am

Post by gob »

you guys got wolfed
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1774, SuperfluousNinja wrote: If he were scum I feel like he'd just hang his hat on bitching about long content and just leave it at that. (which is exactly what both Roden and Hu Tao did and is part of why I find them suspicious)
i think that's a pretty good point
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1776, gob wrote: you guys got wolfed
solve the game
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:21 am

Post by gob »

In post 1778, Dannflor wrote:
solve the game
alright alright.

i have been meaning too i just havent had much motivation for mafia as a whole since like saturday
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:22 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 1770, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1767, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I don't quite follow that part... Why wouldn't scum expect that wagon to gain traction?
I think if scum see a townie come out of nowhere with a case on widely town read slot they won't necessarily assume people are going to listen to the case. And there's no reason to hop on early and help build momentum. I think it's more likely if a buddy gets pushed out of the blue like that that scum will wait and see how the thread generally reacts to the case first.

Gotcha. Yeah that's a sensible way of looking at it.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:23 am

Yeah but wolves aren't dangerous, they just lost to the fucking CHICAGO BULLS

I hate Minnesota sports.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:33 am

Post by Vivax »

Assert dominance, disagree withe everyone
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:34 am

In post 1779, gob wrote:
In post 1778, Dannflor wrote:
solve the game
alright alright.

i have been meaning too i just havent had much motivation for mafia as a whole since like saturday

Just yeet Roden, then Hu Tao, then uhhh I haven't figured out who the third is but maybe they just give up when they're the last one left. Straight cash homie
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:35 am

Post by Vivax »

I fully intend to just sheep DP later.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:38 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm rereading Hu Tao's ISO and I think I'd be okay with voting Hu Tao today. (or tomorrow or whatever)

I don't really vibe with Hu Tao's continued scum read of Ninja. I feel like most people have reevaluated on that slot by now but Hu Tao has basically stuck with the same read and it's largely based on Ninja going after inactive slots as they explain in .

I don't know, I'm struggling to buy this making Ninja "the scummiest out of everyone" because I think lots of slot are generally just pushing more inactive slots - like Roden has been the consensus biggest scum read for a lot of the day. And like, while I can see having doubts about Ninja, I don't really get having her as a top scum read right now. So I'm worried this is a case of Hu Tao not being able to naturally evolve a read as scum that she would normally rethink as town.

I also kinda side-eye Hu Tao's fixation on people town reading them? First in and then and then . I have used this tactic as mafia before where I question everyone's town reads of me in order to kinda reverse psychology people into conf biasing harder into their town read on me. While I think town can be suspicious of people town reading them too easily, I feel like it's unusual for Hu Tao to be picking at almost every single one. I think at a certain point, town players assume they've been naturally towny enough that they don't question every single town read on them.

Also also I don't really like their soft defense of me during DP's push on me. I'm going to contrast this with Luca's defense of me which was definitely a *hard defense*. First Hu Tao talks up my scum game in , then they say I'm probably town in , then she says she "kinda thinks im town" in , but less strongly than before. Idk, I kinda think if Hu Tao was town who did genuinely town read me she would step in to defend me harder at some point, instead the soft defense of me feels like she wants to look good in case my wagon gets pushed through. The only intervention she really does in that whole spat is to tell me that she doesn't think my case on DP is good, which is a very safe post to make during the current thread climate
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:39 am

Post by gob »

we’re like a dynamic duo
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:40 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1232, Hu Tao wrote: I'm okay with voting Luca or maybe naerys. I think I'm leaning no on roden right now
it's kind of weird that this is the only mention of roden in hu tao's entire ISO
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:42 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think I'm just gonna slot DP as town since everyone is telling me he's town
and I'll just be smug postgame if that's wrong

I guess if I really look over the last several pages I feel more like it's a TvT than anything else just based on the way the rest of the game is playing around the dynamic

DP has enough moments of step-back reflection on the possibility that I might be town that I buy that it's a genuine read from him
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:44 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1787, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1232, Hu Tao wrote: I'm okay with voting Luca or maybe naerys. I think I'm leaning no on roden right now
it's kind of weird that this is the only mention of roden in hu tao's entire ISO
Good observation.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:45 am

Post by Dannflor »

Vivax I also want to say is town because he comes up with theories like the idea that I'm pushing DP because I'm threatened by him being a better player than me and... idk i just don't see these types of conjectures coming from scum

I also liked Vivax's reconsideration of Roden in . it felt very natural and I think it's much easier if he's scum to just keep soft-whiteknighting Roden instead of reconsidering when he did
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:51 am

Very good case there by Dann. I'm not sure what else I'll be able to add to it.

There is one thing I was going to highlight later but I'll just bring it up now:
In post 958, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 916, Dunnstral wrote: Hu Tao's vote feels survivalistic. I think they are voting me because I said I suspect them and are the largest wagon.
How does this make any sense. No one is scumreading me, how am I being survivalistic? Especially when I was the 2nd vote on you I think. If you're town can you stop with these bad takes please. I'm only unvoting you cause of OoO

This is a pretty strong reaction, isn't it? It doesn't make much sense to me, especially since Hu Tao said just a few posts later how it seems like most people are townreading them. If you're town, and most of the players townread you, what reason would you have to overreact to someone saying "your vote is survivalistic"? That's not even that dramatic of a point, it's just a gut feeling.

It makes a lot more sense if they're scum and thus a lot more likely to be sensitive to suspicion.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:51 am

Post by Dannflor »

I am less certain overall how to read players like oats and OOO. There's clearly a lot of emotion and passion in their posting so I'm pretty sure I can't town read them for activity or enthusiasm.

I like Out of Order's case on Luca, not because I really think it's correct, but because it's a read that goes against the grain of the thread and then OOO get's really bent out of shape about people not paying attention to it. It's a similar townie type of indignation that I think is evident in Ninja's posting. Like, "hey everyone i made a case please engage me with it" whereas I think scum would just be happy to make the case and leave it be

Oatsmaster I don't really have anything specific I can find to point to that I think is really hard to fake or that I think oats wouldn't post as scum. I have more of a general vibey town read here based on where he's pushing on how. I think his hyper focus between me/roden is probably towny. I think his trajectory from town reading me to scum reading me is natural and I think his defense of DP is a little too strong to be scum white knighting a townie. I can try to dig into this read more if people want me too but I don't think many people scum read Oats
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

so, I'm slowly winding up back in a place where I'm town reading all the most active thread voices, which I'm not super happy about? But like that might just mean that is correct and scum are playing to the sidelines this game.

[Vivax, gob, SuperfluousNinja, outoforder, oatsmaster, DarthPunk, Luca Blight]

I want to bin all those players as town right now.

Leaving:

[Hu Tao, Grackaroni, Dunnstral, Naerys, Roden]

Of that group, I probably have the best feelings about Grackaroni and Dunnstral, and worst feelings about Hu Tao and Roden. But I wouldn't really be surprised if anyone in this group was scum.

not the most satisfying again to me to be scum reading this group of people, but I've been known to make games harder than they need to be by trying to find the deepwolf first

anyway in conclusion I think I'm good with either a roden or hu tao wagon today
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

also I've tried to reconsider Luca Blight from the standpoint that he might be pocketing me

I just really don't think he goes *so hard* to bat for me as scum, I don't think he suddenly starts hard town reading me after one post I make as scum, because I think he'd be worried about it looking unnatural. Yes, I think he's been reasonable and "relaxed" this game, but I think that's a characteristic of Luca Blight, not scum indicative
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: roden
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:57 am

Post by Dannflor »

if scum is just naerys/hu tao/roden I'm gonna cry
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:58 am

Post by Vivax »

Dunnstral

Very defensive and lacking ISO overall.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:59 am

Post by Vivax »

VOTE: Dunnstral
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:02 am

Post by Vivax »

It‘s also like nobody ever wants to bring him up.
Could Ninja + Dunn ve a thing ? The way she picked out Hu Tap felt so random..

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”