Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:02 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

What a killer rebuttal!
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:04 am

Hu Tao, if you feel like taking a break from tunneling Luca, can you tell me how you feel about Vivax?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:05 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1700, Vivax wrote: Don't frame this lim as if it's personal. I don't think anyone wants to lim Luca because they dislike him, but because they think he's mafia.

He can be a great guy and all but I am just not convinced that he prefers to solve over positioning himself favourably according to thread sentiment.

He could be pushing Roden or DP right now but he is visibly more bothered by having his alignment questioned and that's where his attention prefers to be.

I don't know what it is with you and rabbit holes. Let the poor animals sleep.
What do you want me to tell you?
Yeah like this is obviously not personal we are all just playing a game. Is she known for this kinda thing? Like make outlandish logic statements?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:07 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1744, Vivax wrote: I don‘t mind voting Roden over Luca.

And I‘m not going to continue going down that line of discussion, ninja. You somehow brought up Luca being nice or something which lowkey is supposed to guilt trip and mafia can be nice too anyways.

I don‘t know why you are trying to be so confrontational. Looks a bit like you‘re doing it for its own sake.

Roden is the most likely outcome at the end of the day.
I'm still not sure why roden is the most likely
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:09 am

In post 1746, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1744, Vivax wrote: I don‘t mind voting Roden over Luca.

And I‘m not going to continue going down that line of discussion, ninja. You somehow brought up Luca being nice or something which lowkey is supposed to guilt trip and mafia can be nice too anyways.

I don‘t know why you are trying to be so confrontational. Looks a bit like you‘re doing it for its own sake.

Roden is the most likely outcome at the end of the day.

My angle on Luca is that I don't think nice people do such shitty things. If people suspect him, it's not because they think he's a shitty person, it's because I don't think they considered that angle. I brought it up because I don't think it occurred to people. It wasn't to guilt-trip anyone.

Hu Tao please refer to this to clarify what I said on Luca rather than doing this offhanded shaming of me thing.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:09 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1771, Dannflor wrote: I kinda want to just say that Ninja's frustration about no one listening to her about Hu Tao is towny
I would actually agree with this sadly.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:10 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1815, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 309, Vivax wrote: I found Roden very townie so far.
Laid back much even.

Out of the trio, OutofOrder has the highest odds of just being a scummy townie in my opinion. Mafia playing openly like mafia is good play though so I don't want to freepass that.

If you think there is an association flip the slot who you Think is most likely mafia first.

Dunnstral and Naerys are those I can't get a read on. They have their pokerface on, Naerys has opinions at least. Just not very verbose about them, so it's hard to tell if there's genuine thought behind them.

Gob is just chaos but he doesn't seem like he has an agenda. Can't tell if he's even serious about what he writes.

I'm currently ISOing Vivax and gauging whether I've got the right read on him as scum.

This one really sticks out to me. Of course we don't know Roden's alignment yet, but look at how careful the language on Roden is here, compared to the rest. It suggests a reluctance to say much, whereas he's comfortable talking about everyone else here (none of whom I think are on his potential scum team).
You need to stop with preflip associative reads. I know they are tempting and delicious becausee I am also tempted.

But I have never been more wrong in a game than when I go down this pathway.

It’s just a bad habit honestly.

flip the slot that is most likely mafia and make associations once you are sure.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:10 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I think their outlandish stuff is more likely to come from town instead of scum
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:10 am

Post by DarthPunk »

Hu Tao reads list on the whole game please. 1-2 sentences.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:10 am

Post by DarthPunk »

Each
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:11 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1772, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1668, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Oh God I just SiGnPoStEd again, didn't I?!
kinda want to town lean posts like this too

I feel like scum might be more self conscious about complaining about the reasons people have scum read them

this feels more like a townie who is frustrated about being scum read for their posting/writing style
I think we are on the same page here. I actually have felt like that before now that you mention it
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:12 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1785, Dannflor wrote: I'm rereading Hu Tao's ISO and I think I'd be okay with voting Hu Tao today. (or tomorrow or whatever)

I don't really vibe with Hu Tao's continued scum read of Ninja. I feel like most people have reevaluated on that slot by now but Hu Tao has basically stuck with the same read and it's largely based on Ninja going after inactive slots as they explain in .

I don't know, I'm struggling to buy this making Ninja "the scummiest out of everyone" because I think lots of slot are generally just pushing more inactive slots - like Roden has been the consensus biggest scum read for a lot of the day. And like, while I can see having doubts about Ninja, I don't really get having her as a top scum read right now. So I'm worried this is a case of Hu Tao not being able to naturally evolve a read as scum that she would normally rethink as town.

I also kinda side-eye Hu Tao's fixation on people town reading them? First in and then and then . I have used this tactic as mafia before where I question everyone's town reads of me in order to kinda reverse psychology people into conf biasing harder into their town read on me. While I think town can be suspicious of people town reading them too easily, I feel like it's unusual for Hu Tao to be picking at almost every single one. I think at a certain point, town players assume they've been naturally towny enough that they don't question every single town read on them.

Also also I don't really like their soft defense of me during DP's push on me. I'm going to contrast this with Luca's defense of me which was definitely a *hard defense*. First Hu Tao talks up my scum game in , then they say I'm probably town in , then she says she "kinda thinks im town" in , but less strongly than before. Idk, I kinda think if Hu Tao was town who did genuinely town read me she would step in to defend me harder at some point, instead the soft defense of me feels like she wants to look good in case my wagon gets pushed through. The only intervention she really does in that whole spat is to tell me that she doesn't think my case on DP is good, which is a very safe post to make during the current thread climate
Yikes
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:13 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1796, Dannflor wrote: if scum is just naerys/hu tao/roden I'm gonna cry
I thought you'd have more respect for my scum game, but I actually don't think you've played with me when I was scum now that I think about it.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:14 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1823, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1819, Vivax wrote: It‘s just so far off from the truth, it might as well have been the same stuff I wrote about who rayn is.

But you can believe what you want ig

But why would that make you laugh? Like where's the humor here?
It‘s funny to me because it‘s so far fetched and wrong.
I just said I could see Hu as mafia, why am I supposed to panic about her, just because I prefer to push Dunnstral instead ?

I think he has done far less than her that is useful for town.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:16 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1797, Vivax wrote: Dunnstral

Very defensive and lacking ISO overall.
In post 1798, Vivax wrote: VOTE: Dunnstral
In post 1799, Vivax wrote: It‘s also like nobody ever wants to bring him up.
Could Ninja + Dunn ve a thing ? The way she picked out Hu Tap felt so random..
Okay so objectively, forgetting about the fact that I know that I'm town.

Why would you steer the direction of the conversation away from me to dunnstral here? Seems like more people were open to thinking me as scum and it was more of a deflection to someone else. I'm getting the feeling I was earlier about you that you could be trying to set me up as being voted and you looking towny for being right about me
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:16 am

In post 1832, Hu Tao wrote: I think their outlandish stuff is more likely to come from town instead of scum

Nothing I've said has been "outlandish". I guaran-fucking-tee that you are misunderstanding my arguments or misinterpreting them. Yes we are all speculating and theorizing but I don't think it is the least bit fair to characterize what I am saying as OUTLANDISH.

I'm going out of my way to get people to pay attention to your scummy ways, and you are making these blanket statements about how my "logic is outlandish" without doing jack shit to actually cite evidence and make the case. Since you seem to hate it when I tell you what two plus two equals, I'll just have to leave it to everyone else to do the math on what all of that means.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:16 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1801, SuperfluousNinja wrote: NGL, Vivax's sudden vote on Dunnstral feels like a panic move in response to a sudden plethora of convincing evidence of Hu Tao's guilt. Why are we suddenly shifting to Dunnstral? How convenient that it's a fairly inactive person. How odd that Vivax says so little to justify the vote.

I don't really like how little engagement Vivax made with my request for info on Hu Tao, either. He seemed unaware that I even suspected him, and frankly I haven't a clue what to make of that, but it's either neutral or willful scum obstinance.
We actually agree for once :lol:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:17 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1802, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

This reads like a grab bag of poorly thought out suspicion that adds to the chaos rather than being useful.

Can you explain why or how Dunn's picking out of Hu Tao was "so random.."?
I agree!!! And I'm not sure if you saw it earlier but I had the same weary feeling about vivax defending me when it wasn't really warranted
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1837, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1796, Dannflor wrote: if scum is just naerys/hu tao/roden I'm gonna cry
I thought you'd have more respect for my scum game, but I actually don't think you've played with me when I was scum now that I think about it.
I mean I don't think you've been playing badly this game. I'll be honest I don't really know what I should be looking for in your scum game so I'm taking a pretty wild guess
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:19 am

In post 1838, Vivax wrote:
In post 1823, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1819, Vivax wrote: It‘s just so far off from the truth, it might as well have been the same stuff I wrote about who rayn is.

But you can believe what you want ig

But why would that make you laugh? Like where's the humor here?
It‘s funny to me because it‘s so far fetched and wrong.
I just said I could see Hu as mafia, why am I supposed to panic about her, just because I prefer to push Dunnstral instead ?

I think he has done far less than her that is useful for town.

Why is it so far-fetched that you are LAUGHING OUT LOUD at it?

I've read plenty of things here that I don't agree with, but I've never felt like LAUGHING because of it.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

hu tao can you talk about why you're not feeling roden when you get the chance
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:21 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1839, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1797, Vivax wrote: Dunnstral

Very defensive and lacking ISO overall.
In post 1798, Vivax wrote: VOTE: Dunnstral
Okay so objectively, forgetting about the fact that I know that I'm town.

Why would you steer the direction of the conversation away from me to dunnstral here? Seems like more people were open to thinking me as scum and it was more of a deflection to someone else. I'm getting the feeling I was earlier about you that you could be trying to set me up as being voted and you looking towny for being right about me
I reconsidered your alignment because ninja pressed me into it.
I‘m sure I‘d still not lim you on this day.

See my earlier post where I listed who I consider yeetable. I think I prefer staying true to that.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:21 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1815, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 309, Vivax wrote: I found Roden very townie so far.
Laid back much even.

Out of the trio, OutofOrder has the highest odds of just being a scummy townie in my opinion. Mafia playing openly like mafia is good play though so I don't want to freepass that.

Dunnstral and Naerys are those I can't get a read on. They have their pokerface on, Naerys has opinions at least. Just not very verbose about them, so it's hard to tell if there's genuine thought behind them.

Gob is just chaos but he doesn't seem like he has an agenda. Can't tell if he's even serious about what he writes.

I'm currently ISOing Vivax and gauging whether I've got the right read on him as scum.

This one really sticks out to me. Of course we don't know Roden's alignment yet, but look at how careful the language on Roden is here, compared to the rest. It suggests a reluctance to say much, whereas he's comfortable talking about everyone else here (none of whom I think are on his potential scum team).
I'd actually be pretty down to vote vivax. Just based on the vibes I had earlier and what he just did.

If I'm being honest, I was purposely playing like this to see if someone would try to soft defend me when it wasn't warranted since scum usually does things like that to someone they think will eventually be voted out. And scum usually they to soft push a vote someone's way. I originally thought you were doing this, but based on the last couple pages it looks like actually scumread me and have been actively trying to get people to vote me. I don't think scum would do it to an extent you have.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:22 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1821, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Before you do that, Hu Tao, do you mind giving me your read on Vivax? Along with any rationale for why you feel this way?
Oh. I just did this. Luckily :lol:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:23 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1826, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Hu Tao, if you feel like taking a break from tunneling Luca, can you tell me how you feel about Vivax?
My Luca vote wasn't really a tunnel BTW. I just think he could be scum. He hasn't done anything I think is towny

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”