Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:02 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1801, SuperfluousNinja wrote: NGL, Vivax's sudden vote on Dunnstral feels like a panic move in response to a sudden plethora of convincing evidence of Hu Tao's guilt.
Why are we suddenly shifting to Dunnstral? How convenient that it's a fairly inactive person. How odd that Vivax says so little to justify the vote.

I don't really like how little engagement Vivax made with my request for info on Hu Tao, either.
He seemed unaware that I even suspected him, and frankly I haven't a clue what to make of that, but it's either neutral or willful scum obstinance.
How does this not align with what I just said. He has NO reason for town reading me. His read is FALSE. That's why it's suspicious
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:02 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'll try to stop disagreeing with every bit of logic you put forth that I don't agree with, DP

I feel like it's getting to the point where it's probably not actually alignment indicative and I'm just getting in the way of your process without anything productive happening
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:02 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1898, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1884, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1879, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1876, DarthPunk wrote: why does she agree with that as town when it relies on an assumption of her being mafia for the post to make sense.
again, take this one step further, it also relies on the assumption of Vivax being mafia as well. so like, are you saying Vivax must also be mafia based on that?

why isn't it reasonable to assume that Hu Tao agreed that Vivax's behavior was suspicious for other reasons? Like Hu Tao JUST explained in ?
But she should KNOW that she is TOWN

She doesn't KNOW anything more than that, so why does she agree with something with the premise that she is NOT TOWN.

FFS.
I'll break this down again since you maybe just don't understand.

I'm currently thinking ninja is town, and is wrong about her scumread on me but she wants people to listen to her about her scumread on me.

Now I see others trying to at least see a world where I might be scum. Which is fair, even though they are wrong. I understand I'm not going to be town read every town game.

Context of this is earlier vivax stated that I was town because of a very sus reason which I called him out pages ago on. Because it wasn't a strong enough reason to safely put me as town.

So in my mind, he's trying to set up for when I flip town, he benefits from this as he will say that he had no part of it.

Now he steers the conversation in a way where people could be distracted from me, but eventually will go back to looking at me as scum. He will be off wagon because he voted Dunn. Which will make him look better tomorrow.

Is this a better explanation?
But that is not what the post you agreed with said.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:02 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

If he really thought I was town, he would give reasons. And hard defend those reasons. He wants me to be voted out without contributing
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:03 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1902, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1898, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1884, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1879, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1876, DarthPunk wrote: why does she agree with that as town when it relies on an assumption of her being mafia for the post to make sense.
again, take this one step further, it also relies on the assumption of Vivax being mafia as well. so like, are you saying Vivax must also be mafia based on that?

why isn't it reasonable to assume that Hu Tao agreed that Vivax's behavior was suspicious for other reasons? Like Hu Tao JUST explained in ?
But she should KNOW that she is TOWN

She doesn't KNOW anything more than that, so why does she agree with something with the premise that she is NOT TOWN.

FFS.
I'll break this down again since you maybe just don't understand.

I'm currently thinking ninja is town, and is wrong about her scumread on me but she wants people to listen to her about her scumread on me.

Now I see others trying to at least see a world where I might be scum. Which is fair, even though they are wrong. I understand I'm not going to be town read every town game.

Context of this is earlier vivax stated that I was town because of a very sus reason which I called him out pages ago on. Because it wasn't a strong enough reason to safely put me as town.

So in my mind, he's trying to set up for when I flip town, he benefits from this as he will say that he had no part of it.

Now he steers the conversation in a way where people could be distracted from me, but eventually will go back to looking at me as scum. He will be off wagon because he voted Dunn. Which will make him look better tomorrow.

Is this a better explanation?
But that is not what the post you agreed with said.
PART OF THE POST SAID THIS.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:04 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1900, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1801, SuperfluousNinja wrote: NGL, Vivax's sudden vote on Dunnstral feels like a panic move in response to a sudden plethora of convincing evidence of Hu Tao's guilt.
Why are we suddenly shifting to Dunnstral? How convenient that it's a fairly inactive person. How odd that Vivax says so little to justify the vote.

I don't really like how little engagement Vivax made with my request for info on Hu Tao, either.
He seemed unaware that I even suspected him, and frankly I haven't a clue what to make of that, but it's either neutral or willful scum obstinance.
How does this not align with what I just said. He has NO reason for town reading me. His read is FALSE. That's why it's suspicious
The first part of that post sets the context for the rest right, and that context is you as mafia. So I really struggle to see how you can agree with that as town.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:05 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1894, DarthPunk wrote: I can't even deal with this site tbh. it's like we are playing a game with two different sets of rules at the same time.
Have you noticed that the house players interact less with each other compared to with us outsiders ?

I don‘t see them cooperating, forming blocs etc.

As soon as I did that with OoO it was seen as something suspicious.
It‘s like entering a village full of odd people who guard terrible secrets… And maybe just play to withhold vital information.

Anyway, Hu‘s argument is based on a flip association that she could influence. One: She could flip Dunn if she wanted. Two: It would be more convenient for me as mafia to just stay parked on Roden and not evaluate her at all.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:05 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Can I get a reads list please HT.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:06 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Sorry caps was on accident. But I guess you can nitpick and say I should clarify exactly what I agreed with but I thought it was clear on the post what I was agreeing with.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:06 pm

Post by Vivax »

We are going to uncover the secret cannibal tribe of mafiascum
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:07 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1906, Vivax wrote:
In post 1894, DarthPunk wrote: I can't even deal with this site tbh. it's like we are playing a game with two different sets of rules at the same time.
Have you noticed that the house players interact less with each other compared to with us outsiders ?

I don‘t see them cooperating, forming blocs etc.

As soon as I did that with OoO it was seen as something suspicious.
It‘s like entering a village full of odd people who guard terrible secrets… And maybe just play to withhold vital information.

Anyway, Hu‘s argument is based on a flip association that she could influence. One: She could flip Dunn if she wanted. Two: It would be more convenient for me as mafia to just stay parked on Roden and not evaluate her at all.
This isn't what I'm saying at all. It feels like I'm speaking a different language right now. It's frustrating
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:10 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I only understand about half of vivax's posts
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:11 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I am less confident in hu tao being scum now that they've revealed that they have been specifically trying to play around seeing who would town read them / defend them suspiciously
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:11 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

If OOO was here he would be all over that slip from HT
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:12 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1912, Dannflor wrote: I am less confident in hu tao being scum now that they've revealed that they have been specifically trying to play around seeing who would town read them / defend them suspiciously
Does it count if they only say it after they are in hot water? Seems like a convenient way to deflect suspicion to me
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:13 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1911, Dannflor wrote: I only understand about half of vivax's posts
You need the mafia gene mutation to do that.
Had to break into Jurassic park to procure it.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:14 pm

Post by Dannflor »

It lines up enough with how they were playing in terms of hyperfocusing on why people were town reading them that I believe it has a good chance of being genuine
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:16 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Vivax - scum
DarthPunk - thinking he may be town who just doesn't understand me
Grackaroni - who? Null. I don't remember much posts from them
Luca Blight - leaning scummy
Dunnstral - I've seen Dunn as town and he can be very good. I'm not seeing that here though. Could be nai though. I scumread him during commercials game too when he was town, and I guess he's kinda similar to that too. I'm unsure.
Oatsmaster - town, had the same thoughts as me earlier when I was catching up
Naerys - scummy, not explaining reads. As town when she explains reads they makes sense. Could be holding back on purpose
outoforder - I think he's town. Cards on the table I thought he was softing he was masons with Dunn earlier but I was wrong on that one, that's why I said I tr Dunn. But I think I was wrong on that.
SuperfluousNinja - town unfortunately
gob - gob is really obvious as scum but usually it takes a bit. I've called him correctly I think each time we've played. Not sure yet
Roden - I think he's probably town. He is similar to the town game I just played with him.
Dannflor - town. But last game when his slot was scum and he replaced in, I started to think he was town. I could be wrong on this one but I wanna say town for now.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:17 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1913, DarthPunk wrote: If OOO was here he would be all over that slip from HT
You're scum or you don't understand. I don't know what else to say. Never writing a long post again to explain if you're just going to say that
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:17 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1841, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1801, SuperfluousNinja wrote: NGL, Vivax's sudden vote on Dunnstral feels like a panic move in response to a sudden plethora of convincing evidence of Hu Tao's guilt. Why are we suddenly shifting to Dunnstral? How convenient that it's a fairly inactive person. How odd that Vivax says so little to justify the vote.

I don't really like how little engagement Vivax made with my request for info on Hu Tao, either. He seemed unaware that I even suspected him, and frankly I haven't a clue what to make of that, but it's either neutral or willful scum obstinance.
We actually agree for once :lol:
You agreed with…

*drumming*

*ba-dumm-tss*

A post calling you mafia.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:19 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 544, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 538, Dannflor wrote: for transparency, im somewhere around here right now:

TOWN: Luca Blight, outoforder, Oatsmaster
LEAN TOWN: gob, Hu Tao, SuperfluousNinja
MIXED/NULL: Dunnstral, Naerys, MalcolmTucker, Roden
LEAN SCUM: Vivax
SCUM: DarthPunk
Why do you town read me?
In post 576, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 547, Dannflor wrote:
In post 544, Hu Tao wrote: Why do you town read me?
idk vibes

i liked your initial interaction with a thread because it looked like town kinda skimming along trying to find something to sink their teeth into. i think scum worries more about looking like they are engaging on a deeper level

uh i liked that you just sheeped my case and didn't worry about how that might look

it's not the strongest town read ever but you haven't given me any reason not to believe in it
Kinda sus reasons tbh. But I guess you could make up better ones if you were lying
In post 868, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 737, outoforder wrote: I don't believe Hu Tao is mafia either.
Why?
In post 1253, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1235, Naerys wrote:
In post 1232, Hu Tao wrote: I'm okay with voting Luca or maybe naerys.
kk Hu is probably town here
Why
In post 1847, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1815, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 309, Vivax wrote: I found Roden very townie so far.
Laid back much even.

Out of the trio, OutofOrder has the highest odds of just being a scummy townie in my opinion. Mafia playing openly like mafia is good play though so I don't want to freepass that.

Dunnstral and Naerys are those I can't get a read on. They have their pokerface on, Naerys has opinions at least. Just not very verbose about them, so it's hard to tell if there's genuine thought behind them.

Gob is just chaos but he doesn't seem like he has an agenda. Can't tell if he's even serious about what he writes.

I'm currently ISOing Vivax and gauging whether I've got the right read on him as scum.

This one really sticks out to me. Of course we don't know Roden's alignment yet, but look at how careful the language on Roden is here, compared to the rest. It suggests a reluctance to say much, whereas he's comfortable talking about everyone else here (none of whom I think are on his potential scum team).
I'd actually be pretty down to vote vivax. Just based on the vibes I had earlier and what he just did.

If I'm being honest, I was purposely playing like this to see if someone would try to soft defend me when it wasn't warranted since scum usually does things like that to someone they think will eventually be voted out. And scum usually they to soft push a vote someone's way. I originally thought you were doing this, but based on the last couple pages it looks like actually scumread me and have been actively trying to get people to vote me. I don't think scum would do it to an extent you have.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:21 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1919, Vivax wrote:
In post 1841, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1801, SuperfluousNinja wrote: NGL, Vivax's sudden vote on Dunnstral feels like a panic move in response to a sudden plethora of convincing evidence of Hu Tao's guilt. Why are we suddenly shifting to Dunnstral? How convenient that it's a fairly inactive person. How odd that Vivax says so little to justify the vote.

I don't really like how little engagement Vivax made with my request for info on Hu Tao, either. He seemed unaware that I even suspected him, and frankly I haven't a clue what to make of that, but it's either neutral or willful scum obstinance.
We actually agree for once :lol:
You agreed with…

*drumming*

*ba-dumm-tss*

A post calling you mafia.
On TL this ^^ is a death sentence.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:23 pm

Post by Dannflor »

It seems like things are more black and white over there than they are over here

Have you ever killed someone who posted like that and they flipped town?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:24 pm

Post by Gypyx »

-
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:24 pm

Post by Gypyx »

bottom text
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”