Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:38 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 2247, DarthPunk wrote: I always wish OOO was around when he is not around.
He gets legitimately busy though. If he had the time he'd be here.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:40 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Have fun catching up with 40 pages
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:43 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 2250, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 2247, DarthPunk wrote: I always wish OOO was around when he is not around.
He gets legitimately busy though. If he had the time he'd be here.
Yeah I know, I believe him when he says he is busy IRL.

I just like having him around. I was stoked when I realized he was in this game.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:46 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 2251, Hu Tao wrote: Have fun catching up with 40 pages
This is normal for us, this game: was 10.2k posts lol
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:46 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Ooo will catchup fine.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:53 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 2253, DarthPunk wrote:
I was a replacement in that game after about 6000 posts.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:58 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I just Iso'd Naerys and got absolutely nothing from it.

I'm looking through Dunn's posts now (I'm not finished yet), and I really don't feel great about how he began the game, talking mainly about theory and hardly engaging with anything else. I also didn't like this:
In post 798, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 793, outoforder wrote: In a similar sense, in case Ninja is actually town, Luca's "100% agree to that post" doesn't look good to me, because there is DEFINITELY stuff you should not agree with. It's just very easy thing to say as mafia in case you know it's actually a townie who wrote that post.
This is a good point.

Because it wasn't a good point, in fact outoforder misread my post as I explicitly said that i disagreed with ninja on things such as the reasoning behind her oats read, and I would expect Dunn, as careful as he has been in this game, to pick up on that if he was genuinely trying to read me in this situation. Especially when Dunn mentioned/implied he only comments on posts he finds worthy. He also does nothing with this - it leads nowhere, and is never mentioned or referenced again, so he couldn't have believed it was that good a point.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:05 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 2256, Luca Blight wrote: I just Iso'd Naerys and got absolutely nothing from it.

I'm looking through Dunn's posts now (I'm not finished yet), and I really don't feel great about how he began the game, talking mainly about theory and hardly engaging with anything else. I also didn't like this:
In post 793, outoforder wrote: In a similar sense, in case Ninja is actually town, Luca's "100% agree to that post" doesn't look good to me, because there is DEFINITELY stuff you should not agree with. It's just very easy thing to say as mafia in case you know it's actually a townie who wrote that post.
This is a good point.

Because it wasn't a good point, in fact outoforder misread my post as I explicitly said that i disagreed with ninja on things such as the reasoning behind her oats read, and I would expect Dunn, as careful as he has been in this game, to pick up on that if he was genuinely trying to read me in this situation. Especially when Dunn mentioned/implied he only comments on posts he finds worthy. He also does nothing with this - it leads nowhere, and is never mentioned or referenced again, so he couldn't have believed it was that good a point.
It was a good point though.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:05 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 915, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 890, Oatsmaster wrote: UNVOTE:
VOTE: dunnstral
In post 891, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: dunnstral
This almost quick hammer was really random

There is a real lack of curiosity here from someone whose wagon built up suddenly and was almost hammered out of nowhere. Not just here but in general this game.

In post 916, Dunnstral wrote: Hu Tao's vote feels survivalistic. I think they are voting me because I said I suspect them and are the largest wagon.
This seems overly simplistic from someone who seems to consider the game carefully. But what really pings me here is that again there is no follow up on this. It just feels like a token comment to seem as though he is analysing the wagon, while playing it pretty safe by not taking a hard stance on anything.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:06 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 2253, DarthPunk wrote:
Things make so much more sense now :lol:
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:06 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2257, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 2256, Luca Blight wrote: I just Iso'd Naerys and got absolutely nothing from it.

This is a good point.

It can't be a good point when it's provably wrong.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:07 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

I forgot about that survivalistic post from Dunn, yeah that was bad
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:11 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1019, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 981, Oatsmaster wrote: Okay so Roden came back vomited up some stuff and left, what are y’all thoughts about it?
I was expecting some pushback from my read on them but they either didn't get there yet or didn't find it memorable.

Because it really wasn't memorable. Even reading through your Iso now I had forgotten about your early Roden suspicion, as it was phrased in such a non-committal manner.

Again, Dunn just enters the thread every now and then to seem like he is active, but it doesn't feel like he's actually playing the game in a genuine, inquisitive way.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:20 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1073, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1018, outoforder wrote:
In post 1012, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 865, Dannflor wrote: I guess if I’m wrong on a town read in these three I think OoO is the most likely to be wrong?
he does say this right before but otherwise you are in his firmly town section in the reads list that he posted a while before this whole thing happened.
idk just that masons wouldnt be the first place my brain goes to if someone yells dont yeet that dude
It's actually a bit weird he says this:
In post 865, Dannflor wrote:
In post 859, Vivax wrote: To be clear, my current pool would be Oats/Ninja/OoO but Ninja is more on a whim right now.
That said I appreciate that Naerys thinks similarly.

I guess if I’m wrong on a town read in these three I think OoO is the most likely to be wrong?

I feel increasingly solid about Ninja as town
I mean, he has just expressed suspicion towards Vivax.
Why does he care about who Vivax scumreads? Or like "if one of these three NEEDS to be mafia THEN it's this guy". Seems a bit out of place how to talk to your scumread.
To expand on my post, Dannflor would not be 100% sure that Vivax is mafia so is still capable of looking at things from a perspective where Vivax is town. That is why they are asking questions like that - because they are considering things from multiple angles. (Or if mafia, that's what they'd like us to believe. I do think they are quite good at mafia which makes it hard to townread them, which I believe is something they get irritated at.)

This is very reasonable, but it does feel as though Dunn is using Dann's reputation as a good scum player to regard him in a fair yet non-committal way here. It basically means that we're never going to get a real opinion on Dann from Dunn this game, and that is just too convenient on a player who has been very much at the centre of things.

This comment isn't necessarily scummy in of itself, but for someone who has had so few reads and insights this game, it's like scraping the barrel.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:23 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Ugh, its impossible to engage with you when you literally twist and lie about everything.

Here is the progression and I know you are going to have some lies about why this is not really the truth, but for everyone else THIS IS REALLY THE TRUTH.

1.) you hard agree with ninja's post. and say 'reflects my thoughts on the game almost entirely' with the exception implied being the oats read

In post 773, Luca Blight wrote: is brilliant - it reflects my thoughts on the game almost entirely, and offers many insights that I had not yet considered. I've seen scum act far worse than oats this game (perhaps I'm desensitised to rudeness at this point) so I don't necessarily agree that he's town just for being rude, but I generally feel as though his play has been proactive and his pushes haven't lacked conviction. I need to catch up more but will review this slot again.

The read progression on Darth Punk is very natural. I really like the analysis of Dunn and the bit about trying to trap scum into being more active - that puts to rest one of the slight doubts I had after Dann's case highlighted such posts, and I read the passion behind these comments as being sincere. The analysis of Gob and Roden is spot on as well. I was pretty null on Gob before reading this post, but I'm definitely leaning scum on him now following some of the observations made here. I also resonate with the mixed reaction to Vivax - so far I have disagreed or seen flaws in much of what he has said, and yet something about his style of play makes me naturally want to townread him. I will be sure to review Vivax later as well.

Both Dann and Ninja are clear town reads at this point.

2.)Outoforder and I Discuss concerns with the basic failures of logically consistency in that exact post and raise the issue that it 'reflects your thoughts on the game almost entirely' because you have failed to identify and consider the issues in Ninja's post

In post 793, outoforder wrote:
In post 792, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 786, outoforder wrote: - I can understand your take on Ninja / Roden, however do you think just making a big post makes her town? I mean like... it shouldnt, and i don't see any more reasoning there other than she made a big post.
Well I liked that ninja said she was trying to do something with the activity stuff in that post. I do have a soft spot for big effort posts though.
In post 788, outoforder wrote: Also do you have any read on Luca Blight and/or Vivax?
As Ninja is your town read, do you think she can have that kind of confidence in her read on Luca, if you can't have a read on Luca? Why?
I liked the last post Luca made about ninja's post, other than that I don't have much thought. Vivax has been making posts that seem weird to me but I wrote it off as playstyle differences.

And sure I don't have to agree with everything someone says to think they are town. I often don't.
Of course you dont, i wouldnt hold that against you.

But like, we've expressed some concerns in Ninja's post (with DP). Like... if Ninja posts like that (makes big posts with a lot of effort) as town, i wouldnt think she would act differently as mafia. For the posters who make wall of texts, it's often small nuances that give them out -- as you can look reasonable by posting 90% truth about other players as long as your vote ends up on someone who isnt mafia.

What we were discussing was:
- Ninja placed Dann on town pile for reasons she probably shouldnt (the real reasons came after she did that)
- Ninja placed Luca in "conf town" position but the reasoning in her post didn't include what she actually said makes Luca "conf town"
- Ninja called me out for conf bias, when that "conf bias" actually meant that i shouldnt know i am town

I find these to be those kind of small nuances that
could make her mafia
. I am not sure of it, but it's definitely something to look into imo.

In a similar sense, in case Ninja is actually town, Luca's "100% agree to that post" doesn't look good to me, because there is DEFINITELY stuff you should not agree with. It's just very easy thing to say as mafia in case you know it's actually a townie who wrote that post.
3.) Dunn agrees with the good point because it was.

In post 793, outoforder wrote: What we were discussing was:
- Ninja placed Dann on town pile for reasons she probably shouldnt (the real reasons came after she did that)
- Ninja placed Luca in "conf town" position but the reasoning in her post didn't include what she actually said makes Luca "conf town"
- Ninja called me out for conf bias, when that "conf bias" actually meant that i shouldnt know i am town
I didn't have a problem with Ninja's read on Dann. They talk about how they missed the post and then talked about their reads after.
Looking back at they do seem to point to a Luca post they liked and explain their read.
And I don't see where they talk about confirmation bias regarding you.
This is a good point.
4.) Much later Luca uses out of context snips of quotes and completely fabricates the historical narrative when ostensibly he is supposed to be 'sorting' implying an open mind.

In post 2260, Luca Blight wrote:

This is a good point.

5. Luca is mafia
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:24 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1329, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1145, Roden wrote:
In post 954, Dunnstral wrote: Roden she said you used language that makes it seem like you have a rock-solid opinion.
Right. Why does town think scum has a "rock-solid opinion"? Scum just lies.
You are not really getting this. She is saying that you are indicating you have a strong opinion with your language, and that is part of her argument. She is not reading into your state of mind.

There's a lot of this from Dunn - playing mediator, clarifying misinterpretations, keeping up appearances while not actually adding anything new to the game or drawing attention to himself. I generally find this kind of behaviour scummy.

Again, if he was actually doing other things, then I have no problem with the above, but at this point in the game it's the only sort of content he is offering.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:38 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 2264, DarthPunk wrote: Ugh, its impossible to engage with you when you literally twist and lie about everything.

Here is the progression and I know you are going to have some lies about why this is not really the truth, but for everyone else THIS IS REALLY THE TRUTH.

1.) you hard agree with ninja's post. and say 'reflects my thoughts on the game almost entirely' with the exception implied being the oats read

In post 773, Luca Blight wrote: is brilliant - it reflects my thoughts on the game almost entirely, and offers many insights that I had not yet considered. I've seen scum act far worse than oats this game (perhaps I'm desensitised to rudeness at this point) so I don't necessarily agree that he's town just for being rude, but I generally feel as though his play has been proactive and his pushes haven't lacked conviction. I need to catch up more but will review this slot again.

The read progression on Darth Punk is very natural. I really like the analysis of Dunn and the bit about trying to trap scum into being more active - that puts to rest one of the slight doubts I had after Dann's case highlighted such posts, and I read the passion behind these comments as being sincere. The analysis of Gob and Roden is spot on as well. I was pretty null on Gob before reading this post, but I'm definitely leaning scum on him now following some of the observations made here. I also resonate with the mixed reaction to Vivax - so far I have disagreed or seen flaws in much of what he has said, and yet something about his style of play makes me naturally want to townread him. I will be sure to review Vivax later as well.

2.)Outoforder and I Discuss concerns with the basic failures of logically consistency in that exact post and raise the issue that it 'reflects your thoughts on the game almost entirely' because you have failed to identify and consider the issues in Ninja's post

In post 786, outoforder wrote: - I can understand your take on Ninja / Roden, however do you think just making a big post makes her town? I mean like... it shouldnt, and i don't see any more reasoning there other than she made a big post.
Well I liked that ninja said she was trying to do something with the activity stuff in that post. I do have a soft spot for big effort posts though.
In post 788, outoforder wrote: Also do you have any read on Luca Blight and/or Vivax?
As Ninja is your town read, do you think she can have that kind of confidence in her read on Luca, if you can't have a read on Luca? Why?
I liked the last post Luca made about ninja's post, other than that I don't have much thought. Vivax has been making posts that seem weird to me but I wrote it off as playstyle differences.

And sure I don't have to agree with everything someone says to think they are town. I often don't.

But like, we've expressed some concerns in Ninja's post (with DP). Like... if Ninja posts like that (makes big posts with a lot of effort) as town, i wouldnt think she would act differently as mafia. For the posters who make wall of texts, it's often small nuances that give them out -- as you can look reasonable by posting 90% truth about other players as long as your vote ends up on someone who isnt mafia.

could make her mafia

In a similar sense, in case Ninja is actually town, Luca's "100% agree to that post" doesn't look good to me, because there is DEFINITELY stuff you should not agree with. It's just very easy thing to say as mafia in case you know it's actually a townie who wrote that post.

I didn't have a problem with Ninja's read on Dann. They talk about how they missed the post and then talked about their reads after.
Looking back at they do seem to point to a Luca post they liked and explain their read.
This is a good point.
4.) Much later Luca uses out of context snips of quotes and completely fabricates the historical narrative when ostensibly he is supposed to be 'sorting' implying an open mind.

This is a good point.

5. Luca is mafia

'Reflecting my thoughts and opinions on the game almost entirely
' is not the same as '
i 100% agree with the post
'. I can completely disagree with someone about their reasoning for a read, while still sharing that read. I also didn't 'fail to consider' some of the points about Ninja's post - I answered your points as to why I thought Ninja's progression was justifiable in posts such as .

I'm not using out of context snippets of posts, I was quoting Dunn exactly for what he commented on. It's ironic that you're accusing me of twisting things, when that is exactly what you're doing yourself.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:41 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

As we can see in this post:
In post 773, Luca Blight wrote: is brilliant - it reflects my thoughts on the game almost entirely, and offers many insights that I had not yet considered.
I've seen scum act far worse than oats this game (perhaps I'm desensitised to rudeness at this point) so I don't necessarily agree that he's town just for being rude,
but I generally feel as though his play has been proactive and his pushes haven't lacked conviction. I need to catch up more but will review this slot again.

I explain quite clearly what I agree with and what I disagree with, and the reasons for both.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:43 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Luca Blight (3) :
outoforder / Grackaroni / DarthPunk

Narys (2) :
Vivax / Dannflor

Vivax (2) :
Naerys / Roden

Hu Tao (2) :
oatsmaster / SuperfluousNinja

Dunnstral (1) :
gob

Not Voting (3):
Dunnstral / Luca Blight / Hu Tao

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to secure an execution.

Day One ends in (expired on 2024-02-12 04:48:03)

Mod NotesAm back from sleeping

here is a combined mod iso

Flavor
Spoiler:
Stupid backup mod and their stupid "desire to be paid"

next this guy is gonna create a union i swear, with who? Like, idk, you guys maybe? Anyways no i'm not gonna pay him

anyways here basically the character of Uzi (left) and N (right)

yeah if that made you curious and wanna watch it, you probably should be aware that Uzi is made like, purposefully "edgy" in a bit of a ridiculous way as she's supposed to be a teenager, this is by no means something bad just a pretty special way to do a main character imo
Last edited by Gypyx on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:44 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

So to say that I'm scummy for
'100% agreeing with a post'
, which is easy to do as scum, it a complete mischaracterisation, when I didn't agree with 'everything', and I explained my own thought process and reasoning for agreeing with the other points, while also explaining later why I disagreed about outoforder/Darth's points against Ninja's post.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:47 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

gl dp I did this yesterday maybe you will do better
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:48 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 2266, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2264, DarthPunk wrote: Ugh, its impossible to engage with you when you literally twist and lie about everything.

could make her mafia

This is a good point.

This is a good point.

5. Luca is mafia

' is not the same as '
'.
I can completely disagree with someone about their reasoning for a read, while still sharing that read. I also didn't 'fail to consider' some of the points about Ninja's post - I answered your points as to why I thought Ninja's progression was justifiable in posts such as .

I'm not using out of context snippets of posts, I was quoting Dunn exactly for what he commented on. It's ironic that you're accusing me of twisting things, when that is exactly what you're doing yourself.
You said
' is not the same as '
'.
Thoughts = process Opinions = outcomes, Thoughts = Reasoning

You are flat out Retconning the truth here.
In post 811, Luca Blight wrote:

Well, I didn't agree to 'everything', such as the reasoning for the oats read which I explained, but the general outlook of the game very much reflected my own.
This is the specific part you mentioned you disagreed with, which is not the part that OOO, myself or dunnstral were referring to as the problems with ninja's post.

as for this:
In post 2266, Luca Blight wrote: I'm not using out of context snippets of posts, I was quoting Dunn exactly for what he commented on. It's ironic that you're accusing me of twisting things, when that is exactly what you're doing yourself.
You
are
using exactly dunn's post, but you are not, using all the context, you are not going and reading the full posts like I have, you are missing context and presenting alternative realities of the truth, when you are supposed to be sorting, reading and finding the mafia through objective analysis of the eviidence.

then you have the absolute gall to say this:

This is a good point.

When I just proved to you, by going back and quoting all the relevant posts that it was a good point, when you however say things that are patently untrue with zero evidence.

I am not interested in engaging with you on this further, as you are absolutely just mafia.

@ the town, can you please open your eyes and see the mafia in front of you ffs.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:49 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 2270, Oatsmaster wrote: gl dp I did this yesterday maybe you will do better
Its fucking unreal tbh.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:54 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

I would like to institute a ban on using the words "mischaracterization", "twisting the truth", "putting words in my mouth" or anything that implies that the reader has intentionally misrepresented your words because yall dont fucking know what those words mean
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:54 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

@ town

when luca is caught in lies:

• he tries to act reasonable
  • He continues to lie
  • He throws shade at the party holding him to account.
this is not town play,

• reasonable does not equal town
  • Calm does not equal town.
  • Being unaccountable for what you have said = mafia
  • Lying = Mafia

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”