Townie
Nora.
she/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:57 am

Post by Nora. »

Realistically I think I'll just sheep Gob at the end of the day but it's nice to keep prodding in different directions in the meantime I think ^^
Little Will o' Wisp
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:59 am

Post by Little Will o' Wisp »

In post 174, Nora. wrote: Though I'd appreciate thoughts on NAS because I think they might have scumslipped earlier unless I'm crazy
You mean how he is new to the site, but had an idea of how games here usually go?

I was under the impression he just read some games before creating his account, but it bothers me he never defended himself by saying that.
You can call me "Willow".
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:00 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 164, SzmarzLeek wrote:
In post 90, Bellaphant wrote: Ok, talk to me about leek and Nora? I have one tr and it isn't either of them.
who's your non-gob tr?
obvious question is obvious
In post 162, SzmarzLeek wrote:
In post 61, gob wrote:
In post 59, NotAScum wrote: 7 days per in-game day? 48 hours per in-game day is the norm where I use to play but even then it feels too slow. I hope you guys don't plan to wait till the end of the day to vote out.

Also what is the L-word? Is it a 5 letter word that ends with 'h'?
why wouldnt we use all the time provided to us?

Bit of a sussy post here
I actually wanted to pressure you for this post but I realized you're a confirmed townie :D
scum would be more enclined to scumread an IC post imo since everyone is an IC in their eyes

it's also just very a very blank post

plus the ":D" also sound tryhardish as i don't recall who put it, like he really wants to make sure this is light hearted
In post 166, SzmarzLeek wrote: I consider Wisp and Gypyx unlimmable today, very proactive gamestyle, not saying they're townlock ofc, but a good start, if I would only consider them a bit later in the game
*takes the top 2 posters*

we're not killing here but also maybe we'll be killing here
In post 161, SzmarzLeek wrote: actually Nora tries to not say much overall

VOTE: Nora
Accusing her of something he's doing himself, which is generally something that's very natural to do for scum (at least when i play it that's how i think, since people generally like to base the way they're hunting for scumplay around how they play scum)
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:01 am

Post by Gypyx »

honestly it's so funny to me that NAS is bottom posting when complaining that the game is gonna be too quiet
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:08 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 171, Nora. wrote:
In post 149, Bingle wrote: @Nora:

What do you think of literally no one following up on your scumread of me and gypyx specifically ignoring it?
Do you think ‘creative’ reads/lines of thought are inherently scummy, towny, NAI, or need to be judged on a case by case? If the last, what do you think about this one and why?
Usually when my scumreads get ignored they are correct lol, and when my pushes gain traction it ends up flipping town >.> In a new environment where I know no one my pushes being ignored is probably NAI.

gypyx themself have seemed very townie to me though. They are being aggressive and to-the-point with their posts and there's this investigative tone to them, in a way that I find hard for wolves to replicate for fear of standing out too much. I don't think a wolf would want to invite others to sus them by being rude and forthright with everyone (
uhm not rude in a bad sense but like...how do I put it lol, their posts all sound slightly angry
).
In post 160, SzmarzLeek wrote:
In post 104, Nora. wrote: I'm convincing myself that Bingle and Leek could be partners based off Bingle's defence of them. What do you think?
that's a very naive thought to make

I don't like that you had this thought

scumreading me is fine, but pointing at partnership so early seems sus to me, especially based on such situation
I think you rather stay quiet/slight sus about your partner in a 2-scum game
well this might be my inexperience with long form forum mafia showing.
I usually start looking for connections early.
this made me laugh but also i gotta admit i'm not doing very good mentally so that probably explains the mildly angry at everything vibes you've picked up

Why are you folding to leeks's affirmation on how you should be playing the game?

please avoid using neutral pronous when referring to me also, thanks

bottom text
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:12 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

it happens when you tunnel tbh Gypyx :D

let's look at some other perspective
In post 178, Gypyx wrote: obvious question is obvious
coming from scum: question faking activity
coming from town: trying to move the game forward, try to make someone less active participate more
In post 178, Gypyx wrote: scum would be more enclined to scumread an IC post imo since everyone is an IC in their eyes
or it might come from a town, who doesn't recognize all the names yet (as this is a start of the game), and just drew his attention, because town has no idea who's scum and instinctively notices a post he doesn't like
In post 178, Gypyx wrote: plus the ":D" also sound tryhardish as i don't recall who put it, like he really wants to make sure this is light hearted
or it was truly a light hearted post, coming from a town as a joke, since it gob is confirmed towny indeed
In post 178, Gypyx wrote: Accusing her of something he's doing himself, which is generally something that's very natural to do for scum (at least when i play it that's how i think, since people generally like to base the way they're hunting for scumplay around how they play scum)
I don't agree I'm doing it myself, and also even if I did I don't agree it's scummy :D
such "hypocrisy" is often towny: if you have 2 people playing in a "scummy" way, its easier for the towny inside this pair to notice stuff, because the pool is smaller (1 player) instead of two players to consider
Feel free to call me "Leek".
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:15 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

and also, regarding this:
In post 178, Gypyx wrote: *takes the top 2 posters*

I don't know who has the most posts tbh, it's just something I thought when catching up with the thread!
and it's more precise: we're not killing there today but we shouldn't stop considering these slots in later days ;) confbias is a thing, sometime a scum who slips through d1 with a very good entrance is being put down in mind as "eh, it's town there, I'm not looking there"
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:16 am

Post by Gypyx »

ugh, leek just looks too perfect, like, it really feels like he knows i'm town and is trying to defuse me

will reevaluate later

bottom text
Little Will o' Wisp
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:18 am

Post by Little Will o' Wisp »

In post 178, Gypyx wrote:
In post 90, Bellaphant wrote: Ok, talk to me about leek and Nora? I have one tr and it isn't either of them.
who's your non-gob tr?
He's not the first to demand an answer from Bella. Bella still hasn't responded.
In post 61, gob wrote:
In post 59, NotAScum wrote: 7 days per in-game day? 48 hours per in-game day is the norm where I use to play but even then it feels too slow. I hope you guys don't plan to wait till the end of the day to vote out.

Bit of a sussy post here
I actually wanted to pressure you for this post but I realized you're a confirmed townie :D
scum would be more enclined to scumread an IC post imo since everyone is an IC in their eyes

plus the ":D" also sound tryhardish as i don't recall who put it, like he really wants to make sure this is light hearted
I'd think scum would be a bit more cautious of making a post sussing the IC, no?
In post 166, SzmarzLeek wrote: I consider Wisp and Gypyx unlimmable today, very proactive gamestyle, not saying they're townlock ofc, but a good start, if I would only consider them a bit later in the game

... I'll give you this. This could be Scum!Leek not wanting to deal with us now, but leaving the door open to lim us in the future.

Accusing her of something he's doing himself, which is generally something that's very natural to do for scum (at least when i play it that's how i think, since people generally like to base the way they're hunting for scumplay around how they play scum)
I'd think scum would try to avoid doing the behavior they're scum reading people for. Is this wrong?
You can call me "Willow".
Nora.
Nora.
she/her
Townie
Nora.
she/her
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:19 am

Post by Nora. »

In post 177, Little Will o' Wisp wrote:
In post 174, Nora. wrote: Though I'd appreciate thoughts on NAS because I think they might have scumslipped earlier unless I'm crazy
You mean how he is new to the site, but had an idea of how games here usually go?

I was under the impression he just read some games before creating his account, but it bothers me he never defended himself by saying that.
Yeah an explanation like that would've made a fair amount of sense IMO but they just ignored it entirely lol
Nora.
Nora.
she/her
Townie
Nora.
she/her
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:23 am

Post by Nora. »

In post 180, Gypyx wrote:
In post 171, Nora. wrote:
In post 149, Bingle wrote: @Nora:

What do you think of literally no one following up on your scumread of me and gypyx specifically ignoring it?
Do you think ‘creative’ reads/lines of thought are inherently scummy, towny, NAI, or need to be judged on a case by case? If the last, what do you think about this one and why?
Usually when my scumreads get ignored they are correct lol, and when my pushes gain traction it ends up flipping town >.> In a new environment where I know no one my pushes being ignored is probably NAI.

gypyx themself have seemed very townie to me though. They are being aggressive and to-the-point with their posts and there's this investigative tone to them, in a way that I find hard for wolves to replicate for fear of standing out too much. I don't think a wolf would want to invite others to sus them by being rude and forthright with everyone (
uhm not rude in a bad sense but like...how do I put it lol, their posts all sound slightly angry
).
In post 160, SzmarzLeek wrote:
In post 104, Nora. wrote: I'm convincing myself that Bingle and Leek could be partners based off Bingle's defence of them. What do you think?
that's a very naive thought to make

I don't like that you had this thought

scumreading me is fine, but pointing at partnership so early seems sus to me, especially based on such situation
I think you rather stay quiet/slight sus about your partner in a 2-scum game
well this might be my inexperience with long form forum mafia showing.
I usually start looking for connections early.
this made me laugh but also i gotta admit i'm not doing very good mentally so that probably explains the mildly angry at everything vibes you've picked up

Why are you folding to leeks's affirmation on how you should be playing the game?

please avoid using neutral pronous when referring to me also, thanks
whoops sorry about that re:pronouns, ill be more careful!!

I mean idk, I'm taking this as a learning experience for me so I don't mind a couple of pointers here and there, regardless of Leek's own alignment. Besides, them getting all defensive about me pairing Bingle/them in an outwardly manner makes me now think they are most definitely NOT w/w lol
Nora.
Nora.
she/her
Townie
Nora.
she/her
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:27 am

Post by Nora. »

In post 184, Little Will o' Wisp wrote: I'd think scum would try to avoid doing the behavior they're scum reading people for. Is this wrong?
This is circular reasoning lol
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:31 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 184, Little Will o' Wisp wrote:
In post 178, Gypyx wrote:
who's your non-gob tr?
He's not the first to demand an answer from Bella. Bella still hasn't responded.
In post 61, gob wrote:

Bit of a sussy post here

I'd think scum would be a bit more cautious of making a post sussing the IC, no?

... I'll give you this. This could be Scum!Leek not wanting to deal with us now, but leaving the door open to lim us in the future.

I'd think scum would try to avoid doing the behavior they're scum reading people for. Is this wrong?
numbering those since it's gonna be a mess otherwise

1. It's already been asked, town would know better and just wait and see no? Scum meanwhile is in an eternal search for content as they have to manually generate it

2. Same point as 1 about content, "oh well i've noticed this so now i'm gonna post about it" besides is it *really* aggravating the IC if you immediatly walk it back in the same post

3. If scum were just able to not act scummy at the snap of a finger the game would kinda miss it's point now would it?

But as i've said i'll try to sleep on that reads and come back to it later

bottom text
NotAScum
NotAScum
He/Him
Goon
NotAScum
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:40 am

Post by NotAScum »

I'm still convinced leek is scum, other than that I'll have to wait till D2 to get a good read on everyone.
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:57 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

In post 189, NotAScum wrote: I'm still convinced leek is scum, other than that I'll have to wait till D2 to get a good read on everyone.
can you elaborate on this scumread? provide some arguments?

don't you think such "leek scum, skip other reads" approach is a bit suboptimal?
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:59 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

Gypyx, fix your confbias!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:59 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 189, NotAScum wrote: I'm still convinced leek is scum, other than that I'll have to wait till D2 to get a good read on everyone.
i think odds are you're not living to D2 if you continue like that

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:00 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 191, SzmarzLeek wrote: Gypyx, fix your confbias!
i'm trying

let's just not interact for now ok?

bottom text
NotAScum
NotAScum
He/Him
Goon
NotAScum
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:03 am

Post by NotAScum »

I think mafia will be too active to appear as town. People mistakenly think townies are on average more active than scums. So, at the end of the day, I'll change my vote to the player with the most number of posts.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:13 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 194, NotAScum wrote: I think mafia will be too active to appear as town. People mistakenly think townies are on average more active than scums. So, at the end of the day, I'll change my vote to the player with the most number of posts.
ok cool, what's the point of announcing it ?

i'm gonna want to see how you're playing usually cause right now you're just being wrong

bottom text
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:44 am

Post by TemporalLich »

VC 1.4SzmarzLeek (2) - Gypyx, NotAScum
Aureal (2) -
gob [IC]
, Little Will o' Wisp
NotAScum (2) - Aureal, Nora.
Nora. (1) - SzmarzLeek

Not voting: Bellaphant, Bingle

With 9 alive it takes 5 to exile.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2024-02-15 17:00:00) or when an exile is reached.
time will end
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:29 am

Post by gob »

I think we can vote between Bella and Bingle today.

I am still fine with an Aureal lim too.

Seems this game isnt as active as i want it to be, so its my time 2 carry as an IC i guess. My main SRs so far are those three.
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:30 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

kinda quiet here

I guess I didn't interact with Bingle yet so I read them

Bingle, you kinda defended my entrance into the thread, but do you have any scumread at this point? what are you thoughts on NotAScum and Nora?
I think we might be having twtbaw case here with NAS
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:48 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 198, SzmarzLeek wrote: Bingle, you kinda defended my entrance into the thread, but do you have any scumread at this point? what are you thoughts on NotAScum and Nora?
I think we might be having twtbaw case here with NAS
It would be a mistake to assume I was townreading you based on my defense, as it was more about figuring out the push on you than you yourself. I do in fact have reads, I'll share them in a bit.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”