Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:29 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 2813, Naerys wrote:
In post 2733, Hu Tao wrote: Dann, gob, Naerys, roden, dunn
have you played with scum Dann?
Yes
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:29 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 2814, Naerys wrote: Hmm i am kinda thinking about the nightkills. Either scum got really lucky or there is person with good analytical mind
makes me kinda sus Dann tbh

Uh. You know roden claimed jk right
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:30 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2812, Naerys wrote:
In post 2811, SuperfluousNinja wrote: What are your reasons for voting Luca?
Bad reaction to Hu Tao´s experiment. Got overly defensive imo

Yeah, this makes no sense.

I was being voted by multiple people while we were seemingly waiting for a guilty result, so i questioned the sudden votes on me.

How can that in any way be interpreted as being overly defensive to the '
experiment
'?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:31 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 2818, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 2795, DarthPunk wrote: Can anyone explain to me why ht trying to out a counterclaim is something a townie would do?

That’s the second super scummy thing she has done this game , it’s crazy to me how she is just written off as town.

Another thought I had was that this second gambit was made because Hu Tao thought "I have to pull another gambit to make it seem like I am the kind of player who pulls gambits in this game, which will lend credibility to my first gambit and make it seem less weird".

But I might be getting into deep WIFOM territory on that one.
You're overthinking it
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:35 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 2822, SuperfluousNinja wrote: My sus list is otherwise:

Naerys
, for extremely underwhelming contributions and what I feel are illogical arguments. This angle on Luca's reaction to Hu Tao's gambit makes 0 sense.
Vivax
, for the opportunistic voting yesterday, and the tremendous difficulty I've had really all game long in grokking anything he has said.
OutOfOrder
, for using what I think are very clear oppression tactics that only scum would be interested in.

I also lean a little scum on Hu Tao at the moment, but right now my scum reads are strongest on Oats and the 3 I mentioned above.

My town pool at the moment is
Luca / Darth / Dannflor / Grack / Gob
I've noticed that as soon as Darth spouted suspicion on me, you vivax and ooo also did the same. You just had me as town and you're now overthinking to find a way I could be scum here.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:40 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 2829, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 2822, SuperfluousNinja wrote: My sus list is otherwise:

Naerys
, for extremely underwhelming contributions and what I feel are illogical arguments. This angle on Luca's reaction to Hu Tao's gambit makes 0 sense.
Vivax
, for the opportunistic voting yesterday, and the tremendous difficulty I've had really all game long in grokking anything he has said.
OutOfOrder
, for using what I think are very clear oppression tactics that only scum would be interested in.

I also lean a little scum on Hu Tao at the moment, but right now my scum reads are strongest on Oats and the 3 I mentioned above.

My town pool at the moment is
Luca / Darth / Dannflor / Grack / Gob
I've noticed that as soon as Darth spouted suspicion on me, you vivax and ooo also did the same. You just had me as town and you're now overthinking to find a way I could be scum here.

That's not entirely accurate. I did say this right after you revealed your actual intentions, which I asked well before Darth spouted that recent suspicion:
In post 2651, SuperfluousNinja wrote: ....

So I guess that's actually why I'm a bit confused why you think both OOO and myself reacted "well" or whatever word you choose here. Why do you say that, Hu Tao?
And I'm definitely not trying to "find a way you could be scum"; I would actually love to move you out of null territory which is effectively where I have you right now.

Also, think about what you're saying there about me teaming up with either Vivax or OOO. I just put them down as scum in my most recent post and gave my reasons for it.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:43 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I don't think you're teaming with them, I still have you as town. It's just my observation from whenever Darth says a reason to scumread me
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:44 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 2808, Naerys wrote: my scumTaometer tells me this Hu is likely town
I forgot to reply to this one but I am indeed Hu Taown
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:46 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 2814, Naerys wrote: Hmm i am kinda thinking about the nightkills. Either scum got really lucky or there is person with good analytical mind
makes me kinda sus Dann tbh
Roden claimed JK.
In post 2824, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 2795, DarthPunk wrote: Can anyone explain to me why ht trying to out a counterclaim is something a townie would do?

That’s the second super scummy thing she has done this game , it’s crazy to me how she is just written off as town.
In what world was I trying to out a counterclaim. Why do you always try to twist whatever I'm doing?
He has a point. A real investigative would be suspicious of you and could be outed.

I think that‘s something he would say about you as both alignments. It is simply very safe to push you for it and I don‘t think he‘s town so.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:48 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Okay I guess since you all are not familiar with the site, it's understandable. But there are many games where there can be 2 investigation roles. Maybe like a tracker and a watcher. Or vanilla cop and neap cop. Etc.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:51 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 2834, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I guess since you all are not familiar with the site, it's understandable. But there are many games where there can be 2 investigation roles. Maybe like a tracker and a watcher. Or vanilla cop and neap cop. Etc.
You asked why he kept twisting your words and ignoring that factoid, maybe his alignment is the reason ?

I don‘t quite get the townreads he keeps getting handed out.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:52 am

Post by Hu Tao »

viewtopic.php?t=92020

Since we had a jk. This one is a good one to show. There was 2 investigation roles too
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:53 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 2835, Vivax wrote:
In post 2834, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I guess since you all are not familiar with the site, it's understandable. But there are many games where there can be 2 investigation roles. Maybe like a tracker and a watcher. Or vanilla cop and neap cop. Etc.
You asked why he kept twisting your words and ignoring that factoid, maybe his alignment is the reason ?

I don‘t quite get the townreads he keeps getting handed out.
Very possible. Is he the type of person that people are scared to eliminate in fear of being wrong?
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:11 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 2826, Hu Tao wrote: ....

no, i must have missed that
i dont keep up with that mass of posts you people are producing
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:24 am

In post 2838, Naerys wrote:

This information is in the very first post.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:43 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 2839, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

what?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:56 am

In post 2840, Naerys wrote:
In post 2839, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

what?

The very first post tells you the alignment of everyone who is dead. You'll see Roden there, marked as Jailkeeper.

You say you're thinking about the night kills, yes? So you're thinking about this after we would have gotten our chance to see Roden's alignment, not to mention that Roden had claimed being jailkeeper during day 1 also. But if you were really interested in putting some thought into the nightkills and wondering how and why they happened like they did, why wouldn't one of the very first things you do, if not THE first thing, be to check the role of the person who died?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:22 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 2805, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 2796, Luca Blight wrote: Here is an example of Oats' pedantry, since he asked for it:

In post 1643, Oatsmaster wrote:
think you might be scum based on your recent posting, which doesn't seem genuine and feels very much like you're just lashing out at me because I foiled your case.
Like this is not real, how is the dann case/push foiled when the only other person here is hard pushing dann mafia?
Like I completely don’t understand how you can say this with a straight face being 100% serious

He snips a piece of my post and overly-focuses on the word 'foiled' to entirely dismiss my point out of hand. Even if oats was the only other one there at that moment, and he sides with Darth (which he always does regardless), it does not invalidate the point I was making.

If you have more examples, I would love to see them.

I do feel like something is off about Oats and I'm now leaning scum on Oats I think. It's also jarring to me that he started the game showing himself as a very blunt and aggressive player, but then he has so many other posts where he has thoroughly sterilized his wording, and it seems like the sarcastic jerk persona he had before is totally gone. I haven't made sense of it.
It’s illegal to try to be nicer now?
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:27 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 2841, SuperfluousNinja wrote: You say you're thinking about the night kills, yes? So you're thinking about this after we would have gotten our chance to see Roden's alignment, not to mention that Roden had claimed being jailkeeper during day 1 also. But if you were really interested in putting some thought into the nightkills and wondering how and why they happened like they did, why wouldn't one of the very first things you do, if not THE first thing, be to check the role of the person who died?
You are confusing me. I knew that Roden flipped jk i just didnt know he claimed it.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:29 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 2820, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler: A typical frustration interaction with Oats
In post 1605, Oatsmaster wrote:
purpose of the post is to show everyone else why he scumreads Darth Punk.

What are you talking about, he literally gives no reasons why he scumreads darth punk?
In post 1607, Luca Blight wrote:

What are you talking about, he literally gives no reasons why he scumreads darth punk?

Read it again. Dann is using the quoted post as an example of why he thinks Darth Punk is scum.

Dann gives plenty of reasoning before and after that post as to why he scumreads Darth.
In post 1614, Oatsmaster wrote:

Read it again. Dann is using the quoted post as an example of why he thinks Darth Punk is scum.

Dann gives plenty of reasoning before and after that post as to why he scumreads Darth.
There’s nothing scummy about accusing someone who literally 180ed with no new content of having made up reads
In post 1624, Luca Blight wrote:

In post 1614, Oatsmaster wrote:

There’s nothing scummy about accusing someone who literally 180ed with no new content of having made up reads
I didn't say Darth Punk was scummy in that post? My point was that Dann isn't scummy.
In post 1626, Oatsmaster wrote:
I didn't say Darth Punk was scummy in that post? My point was that Dann isn't scummy.
So dann said dp is scummy for doing something that you don’t think makes darth punk scummy but that makes dann town.

Explain how that makes sense.

1:
Oats snips 1 sentence out of my long post defending Dann. This is cherry-picking of the highest order. He also doesn't even bother to read the post I referenced correctly, because Dann was giving an example of why he thought Darth was scum, as I explain in my next post.

2:
Having completely missed the mark in his previous post, Oats then changes direction to why Darth Punk isn't scummy for scumreading Dann, which is irrelevant to the point I was making - I was defending Dann, not casing Punk at this point, and I'd explained everything already in my long defence post. This is an example of Oats moving the goalposts in a repeated attempt to win the argument, while not acknowledging any points that I've made.

3:
Oats asks for an explanation as to why I townread Dann even though I didn't at the time fully agree with his reasons for scumreading Darth, even though I had already explained it at length.

This is a strategy of circular arguing that achieves absolutely nothing, apart from making me lose the will to play the game. The main point to consider here is how Oats isn't arguing in good faith - he's doing anything possible to disparage my points - even when he's clearly wrong, like in point 2, he moves the goalposts to another point that wasn't even relevant to what I was talking about, and then brings it back around to a circle by asking me to explain it again. Also, not once does he ever consider the matter from my point of view, or question anything that Darth has said, despite the obvious flaws in his case again Dann which I pointed out.

If I had continued repeating my explanations, do you think we would have got anywhere? No, other than confusing the thread and causing frustration, which is what scum want to achieve. The same with his argument against me supposedly bussing Roden - it went in circles, and nothing I say makes any difference to him. It smacks of having an agenda, because he asks plenty of questions but then never actually takes the answers into consideration.
I do actually respond to your dann defense point by point so I’m not really sure what you are talking about.
For point 2 you literally vote darth punk a little bit later
For point 3, there’s obviously a difference between thinking that dann isn’t scum and that dann is town.

Guess it’s easier to twist my obvious frustration in trying to understand what you are saying into “circular arguing and continually getting you to repeat yourself”

Again, I will repeat what I said about the roden bus is that AFTER roden said that he was going to be inactive then why not continue to be on him? This makes even more sense after roden flipped town so I’m really not sure why roden not being scum somehow makes my logic worse
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:31 am

In post 2842, Oatsmaster wrote: It’s illegal to try to be nicer now?

Oats, I would really think hard about these kinds of responses you are giving me (and Luca).

If you're town, what is this accomplishing? Why wouldn't you have just said "I am indeed trying to be nicer; I realized I was being too confrontational before and that wasn't helping, so I am making more of an active effort to be nice now."

I obviously didn't say it was "illegal". I'm just saying it struck me as odd. You are strawmanning what I am saying and discussing in bad faith when you do stuff like this.

Like, for real, what are you hoping I get out of reading these words you wrote? Do you not think I'd get the least bit frustrated by you strawmanning my point? Do you think that using a tone of antagonism is helpful? Because I personally feel like it should be incredibly obvious that it isn't.

If you think I'm town, you shouldn't be wanting to antagonize me. And if you think I'm scum, you have to be able to make better arguments than strawmen like these. The angle of "Ninja is scum because she is arguing that a law was passed that makes it a crime to be nice, and I know that no such law was passed, so she's clearly lying." Once you really drill down into what you are saying, that is the argument you are making. Do you see now how incredibly absurd it is?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:33 am

In post 2843, Naerys wrote:
In post 2841, SuperfluousNinja wrote: You say you're thinking about the night kills, yes? So you're thinking about this after we would have gotten our chance to see Roden's alignment, not to mention that Roden had claimed being jailkeeper during day 1 also. But if you were really interested in putting some thought into the nightkills and wondering how and why they happened like they did, why wouldn't one of the very first things you do, if not THE first thing, be to check the role of the person who died?
You are confusing me. I knew that Roden flipped jk i just didnt know he claimed it.

I see, I was maybe misunderstanding things. So when you're looking into how scum "got lucky", you're wondering how they got lucky killing the JAILKEEPER specifically. I thought you might have meant that they got lucky getting a kill, period.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:40 am

In post 2827, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 2812, Naerys wrote:
In post 2811, SuperfluousNinja wrote: What are your reasons for voting Luca?
Bad reaction to Hu Tao´s experiment. Got overly defensive imo

Yeah, this makes no sense.

I was being voted by multiple people while we were seemingly waiting for a guilty result, so i questioned the sudden votes on me.

How can that in any way be interpreted as being overly defensive to the '
experiment
'?

This, btw, is a great point that needs to be addressed. What does it have to do with the gambit / experiment itself?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:41 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 2845, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 2842, Oatsmaster wrote: It’s illegal to try to be nicer now?

Oats, I would really think hard about these kinds of responses you are giving me (and Luca).

If you're town, what is this accomplishing? Why wouldn't you have just said "I am indeed trying to be nicer; I realized I was being too confrontational before and that wasn't helping, so I am making more of an active effort to be nice now."

I obviously didn't say it was "illegal". I'm just saying it struck me as odd. You are strawmanning what I am saying and discussing in bad faith when you do stuff like this.

Like, for real, what are you hoping I get out of reading these words you wrote? Do you not think I'd get the least bit frustrated by you strawmanning my point? Do you think that using a tone of antagonism is helpful? Because I personally feel like it should be incredibly obvious that it isn't.

If you think I'm town, you shouldn't be wanting to antagonize me. And if you think I'm scum, you have to be able to make better arguments than strawmen like these. The angle of "Ninja is scum because she is arguing that a law was passed that makes it a crime to be nice, and I know that no such law was passed, so she's clearly lying." Once you really drill down into what you are saying, that is the argument you are making. Do you see now how incredibly absurd it is?
Not sure where you are getting that I’m calling you mafia?
Also not sure why I cannot be annoyed with what you write but you are allowed to be annoyed with what other people write
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:57 am

Post by gob »

did i get red checked?