Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:55 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 171, Nora. wrote:
gypyx themself have seemed very townie to me though. They are being aggressive and to-the-point with their posts and there's this investigative tone to them, in a way that I find hard for wolves to replicate for fear of standing out too much. I don't think a wolf would want to invite others to sus them by being rude and forthright with everyone (uhm not rude in a bad sense but like...how do I put it lol, their posts all sound slightly angry).

LMAO if you think Gypyx is aggressive or angry. She's being proactive and setting herself up as a leader, but nothing there is angry. I'm not townreading her, but her goal here is definitely to be town leader.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:57 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 180, Gypyx wrote: this made me laugh but also i gotta admit i'm not doing very good mentally so that probably explains the mildly angry at everything vibes you've picked up
Not game relevant, but <3 Gypyx. You know you got people who care and while we don't interact very often I have enjoyed just about every time we have. Take care of yourself and remember that you're awesome.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:59 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 187, Nora. wrote:
In post 184, Little Will o' Wisp wrote: I'd think scum would try to avoid doing the behavior they're scum reading people for. Is this wrong?
This is circular reasoning lol
Agreed. I've actually always thought the opposite was the case. If someone is doing something and yet saying someone else doing the same thing is sus, it's frequently an indication of a guilty conscience projecting their scumminess.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:00 am

Post by gob »

This guys wolfin
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:01 am

Post by Bingle »

Shush you. Once I shoot you tonight you can go play in the sandbox with the other Jigglypuffs.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:04 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Bellaphant has been prodded.
time will end
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:11 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 201, Bingle wrote:
In post 180, Gypyx wrote: this made me laugh but also i gotta admit i'm not doing very good mentally so that probably explains the mildly angry at everything vibes you've picked up
Not game relevant, but <3 Gypyx. You know you got people who care and while we don't interact very often I have enjoyed just about every time we have. Take care of yourself and remember that you're awesome.
not really seeing myself as handsome right now but thanks for the kind words
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:12 am

Post by gob »

In post 205, TemporalLich wrote:
This is Bella's biggest scumtell. According to my records.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:16 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 198, SzmarzLeek wrote: I think we might be having twtbaw case here with NAS
Hmmm. I am scumreading NAS's play and gamestate reading NAS as likely town, so loosely I agree with you.
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:17 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

In post 207, gob wrote:
you mean, you have a metaread? Bella is more inclined to not care about game if they don't roll a scum?

because in my experience, not knowing the meta, it's townies that are doing that in more cases 😅
Feel free to call me "Leek".
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:18 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

In post 208, Bingle wrote:
In post 198, SzmarzLeek wrote: I think we might be having twtbaw case here with NAS
Hmmm. I am scumreading NAS's play and gamestate reading NAS as likely town, so loosely I agree with you.
yeah, this guy's posts seem to be exactly the opposite of what would you expect from a towny, it's a position ruining game xD
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:22 am

Post by gob »

In post 209, SzmarzLeek wrote:
In post 207, gob wrote:
you mean, you have a metaread? Bella is more inclined to not care about game if they don't roll a scum?

because in my experience, not knowing the meta, it's townies that are doing that in more cases 😅
yea
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:33 am

Post by Bingle »

Nora. - Playing genuinely. There's a certain sense of openness when she engages that makes me think she's actively trying to be clear with what she's saying, as opposed to trying to look good saying things. Particularly, 171 is a good example. I don't think her responses are what she thinks I want to hear, nor do they seem particularly pointed to fit an agenda. They seem to be a very good faith engagement all around.
SzmarzLeek - Original entrance was a bit awkward, but he drops into a comfortable place pretty quick. I got some LAMIST vibes early, but by 43 they'd settled down and I think he's been pretty chill since then. I quite like the analysis present (53, for example). I do get some bad vibes off of 181, it feels like he's a little IIoA there, and the lack of conclusions is worrying. I can also grok the Gypyx TMI accusation, but I think given the context of 166 it's not really scum indicative. If Leek is just assuming that Wisp/Gypyx are town for now and reevaluating later, that definitely explains Leek acting like Gypyx is town.
Little Will o' Wisp - Very surface level analysis, not very town. There's nothing really questionable about what he's been doing, but I definitely want to see him make more waves.
Aureal - Aureal's entrance is pretty par for the course, but she hasn't really done anything yet.
Bellaphant - Who?
Gypyx - Definitely the most active, most powerful voice in the thread. Seems investigative, but in a way that could easily be scum powerwolfing. If she's town she probably gets herself shot, so I don't really care about reading her as much at this point.
NotAScum - I'm scumreading him because of the "caught for the wrong reasons" vibe I got from 72, but he's also already got significant antipartner equity with Aureal and Leek, which is odd if he's scum.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:35 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 209, SzmarzLeek wrote: because in my experience, not knowing the meta, it's townies that are doing that in more cases
Law of Large Numbers: there are more townies, so there will always be more town examples than scum examples. MS, however, tends to skew towards people who prefer townplay and I think I remember bella being one of them.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:37 am

Post by gob »

Bingle giving a reads list after being called scum is a panic move if ive ever seen 1
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:38 am

Post by Bingle »

To clarify, gob, that's not an ordered list, that's individual impressions I gave up on ordering it halfway through making it. :)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:40 am

Post by Bingle »

Bella hasn't posted on site since her last post in this thread and was similarly absent in the endgame of the last game we played, so might be a genuine IRL flake.

Bella, is there anything killing your motivation here?
NotAScum
NotAScum
He/Him
Goon
NotAScum
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:45 am

Post by NotAScum »

Bella's inactivity is suspicious. I'm always alerted on hyper-inactive players who tend to be scum more often than not.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:48 am

Post by Gypyx »

ok like i really should stop myself from posting on mafiascum.net but like which one is it
In post 194, NotAScum wrote: I think mafia will be too active to appear as town. People mistakenly think townies are on average more active than scums. So, at the end of the day, I'll change my vote to the player with the most number of posts.
In post 217, NotAScum wrote: Bella's inactivity is suspicious. I'm always alerted on hyper-inactive players who tend to be scum more often than not.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:49 am

Post by Gypyx »

can't wait for NAS's third post when he says scum always wants to be in the middle of the postcounts so as not to stand out

bottom text
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:49 am

Post by SzmarzLeek »

In post 217, NotAScum wrote: Bella's inactivity is suspicious. I'm always alerted on hyper-inactive players who tend to be scum more often than not.
can you rephrase that? because I don't really get it

what's suspicious about inactivity?
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:49 am

Post by gob »

We can lim Gypyx too
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:04 pm

Post by Bingle »

Eh. Gypyx is gonna get shot if she's town, we can wait til that doesn't happen if she's scum. She's a bad lim for today for the same reason I'm a bad lim for today. Cause we scary.
NotAScum
NotAScum
He/Him
Goon
NotAScum
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:07 pm

Post by NotAScum »

In post 219, Gypyx wrote: can't wait for NAS's third post when he says scum always wants to be in the middle of the postcounts so as not to stand out
That is also a possibility. Though I still think scums are more likely to be more inactive in general than town.
In post 220, SzmarzLeek wrote: what's suspicious about inactivity?
Hiding in the shadow to not draw any attention and then jumping on a bandwagon to blend in. Bella is inactive now but I predict they'll miraculously appear when a train has formed.
SzmarzLeek
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
SzmarzLeek
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:39 pm

Post by SzmarzLeek »

In post 104, Nora. wrote: I'm convincing myself that Bingle and Leek could be partners based off Bingle's defence of them. What do you think?
I still think this is the scummiest post of the game so far

like, some of you called some of my thoughts shallow, but they're deep like the ocean compared to that Nora's post

it really feels like a forced way to contribute

I also feel a bit opposition in the thread on Nora's push, higher than expected

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”