Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:14 pm

Post by Vivax »

Gob and Ninja I think like to look scummy while Naerys plays wirhout trying to give clues

Dann also seems like he‘s holding back. Should be a first when it comes to pushing DP.

Oats engages a lot with ninja while he should know that it‘s going to be a perpetual confrontation.

I‘d say ooo, me and Hu Tao are trying properly by our standards.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:16 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 2924, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 2922, Oatsmaster wrote: I don’t really see why scum darth punk has to go on Dunn there tbh. Like we are assuming Luca and hu Tao are both town in this situation right? He can just chill on Luca and let Dunn happen

You always seem to miss the point, and I'm more and more believing this is deliberate on your part.

The point is that Darth supposedly scumread me to the point that my Iso'ing and subsequent vote on Dunn spewed him as town, yet then he easily allows himself to be talked into voting Dunn shortly thereafter.

It's just one example of many showing that Darth does not actually mean or believe what he says. If he did, then he wouldn't have switched to Dunn so easily - it makes no sense if he truly believed I was scum and that my previous posts strongly implied that Dunn was therefore town.

It's also potentially scum-motivated as scum never ideally want their main push to be voted out D1 - if I was eliminated, my town flip instantly makes Darth look a little more suspect, and he is forced to reevaluate the game, which is difficult to do as scum when you have to fake your reads. Dunn being eliminated, and then continuing his push on me today, was always optimal for scum!Darth.
You just hard pushed Oats for almost the entirety of D2, how can you sound like you‘re backing off right at the beginning of the post just to initiate a suspicion arc on DP?

Sorry, but that doesn‘t look very believable.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:20 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2926, Vivax wrote:
In post 2922, Oatsmaster wrote: I don’t really see why scum darth punk has to go on Dunn there tbh. Like we are assuming Luca and hu Tao are both town in this situation right? He can just chill on Luca and let Dunn happen

You always seem to miss the point, and I'm more and more believing this is deliberate on your part.

The point is that Darth supposedly scumread me to the point that my Iso'ing and subsequent vote on Dunn spewed him as town, yet then he easily allows himself to be talked into voting Dunn shortly thereafter.

It's just one example of many showing that Darth does not actually mean or believe what he says. If he did, then he wouldn't have switched to Dunn so easily - it makes no sense if he truly believed I was scum and that my previous posts strongly implied that Dunn was therefore town.

It's also potentially scum-motivated as scum never ideally want their main push to be voted out D1 - if I was eliminated, my town flip instantly makes Darth look a little more suspect, and he is forced to reevaluate the game, which is difficult to do as scum when you have to fake your reads. Dunn being eliminated, and then continuing his push on me today, was always optimal for scum!Darth.
You just hard pushed Oats for almost the entirety of D2, how can you sound like you‘re backing off right at the beginning of the post just to initiate a suspicion arc on DP?

Sorry, but that doesn‘t look very believable.

I don't know what you're talking about. I suspect both Darth and Oats, and believe they could even be partnered.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:38 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

I don’t know why anyone thinks I am more likely to sheep oats and ooo as mafia than as town.

I am far less likely to do that as mafia.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Vivax did you read my case on Luca. Can you talk to me about it assuming we aren’t partnered?

What are your thoughts?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:52 pm

Post by gob »

In post 2920, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 2884, gob wrote: DarthPunk / oatsmaster / Vivax / Dannflor

This is who we should lim today. I am leaning Dannfloor right now. Vivax I have liked some of their posts today. Oatsmasters has been consistent with his tone the entire game. He seems like a towny who has an off-putting tone, and when confronted with SRs, they double down instead of changing their tone.
DarthPunk I haven't like their posts as I explained before. I do like their Hu Tao vote today though.
Wait why do you say we should lim Oats and then write that he seems like a towny?
Thats my pool for the lim today. The people who jumped on Dunn’s wagon last. It likely has a wolf.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:09 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Guess in all your reading you missed “let Dunn happen”
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:10 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Luca just says a whole bunch of nothing with many words tbh.
In this last post he literally reiterates what grack just said and then added some waffle about darth being suspected if he flipped town without anyone mentioning that
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:11 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

I do find it quite funny that a lot of the posters here main scumreading method is “you do not mean/believe what you say”
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:12 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Ignoring the fact that scum are much more careful to be consistent in presenting a coordinated/planned front without any such inconsistencies
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:26 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2931, Oatsmaster wrote:

Guess in all your reading you missed “let Dunn happen”

yet again, you miss the point, only choosing the focus on the part that suits you.

Let me highlight the relevant part again, as to why Darth's vote is stil scummy even when Dunn might have gone through anway:

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:29 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2932, Oatsmaster wrote: Luca just says a whole bunch of nothing with many words tbh.
In this last post he literally reiterates what grack just said and then added some waffle about darth being suspected if he flipped town without anyone mentioning that

This is hilarious.

You miss the point, so I repeat the point, and then you accuse me of repeating a point that has already been made.

Don't miss the fucking point then and read properly.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:33 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2933, Oatsmaster wrote: I do find it quite funny that a lot of the posters here main scumreading method is “you do not mean/believe what you say”
In post 2934, Oatsmaster wrote: Ignoring the fact that scum are much more careful to be consistent in presenting a coordinated/planned front without any such inconsistencies

Just admit it. Nothing that is said is ever going to change your stance on Darth, is it?

You could use reasoning that 'x and y isn't scummy because'...to literally dismiss anything. It's known as wifom.

Context is key, and it has been explained thoroughly why Darth's actions are scummy based on the context of this game - because it literally doesn't make sense if he's town playing this game in a sincere way.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:47 pm

Post by gob »

In post 2933, Oatsmaster wrote: I do find it quite funny that a lot of the posters here main scumreading method is “you do not mean/believe what you say”
Seems fine to me
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:54 pm

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In the game Werewolf (also known as Mafia), there isn't a single "best" way to detect a werewolf because the game heavily relies on deduction, psychology, and social dynamics. However, there are some strategies that players commonly use to identify werewolves:

Observation: Pay close attention to players' behavior during discussions and voting phases. Look for inconsistencies, nervousness, or overly defensive reactions, which might indicate that a player is a werewolf.

Questioning: Ask players targeted questions to gauge their reactions and responses. For example, you might ask them to explain their actions during previous rounds or to clarify their voting decisions.

Voting Patterns: Analyze voting patterns to identify suspicious players. If someone consistently votes against innocent villagers or seems to be influencing others to vote a certain way, they may be a werewolf.

Role Interaction: Consider how different roles interact with each other. For example, the Seer might have valuable information about certain players' roles, while the werewolves might try to eliminate the Seer early in the game to protect their identity.

Process of Elimination: Narrow down the list of potential werewolves by systematically eliminating innocent players. Focus on players who are contributing less to discussions or seem to be avoiding scrutiny.

Psychological Tactics: Use psychological tactics such as bluffing, misdirection, or provocation to elicit revealing reactions from other players. However, be mindful that these tactics can backfire if used excessively or without subtlety.

Team Dynamics: Pay attention to how players interact with each other and form alliances. Werewolves may subtly signal to each other or protect their teammates during discussions and voting.

Information Gathering: Gather as much information as possible throughout the game, including players' claims, voting records, and any special abilities or events that occur. This information can help you make informed decisions about who might be a werewolf.

Ultimately, there is no foolproof method for detecting werewolves in the game, as it heavily relies on deception and manipulation. Success often depends on your ability to read other players, analyze information, and adapt your strategy as the game progresses.

This post has been mainly made using AI
Last edited by Gypyx on Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:01 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 2936, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 2932, Oatsmaster wrote: Luca just says a whole bunch of nothing with many words tbh.

This is hilarious.

You miss the point, so I repeat the point, and then you accuse me of repeating a point that has already been made.

Don't miss the fucking point then and read properly.
I don’t miss the point, it’s just not relevant
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:02 pm

In post 2914, Vivax wrote: I don‘t see how gob is mafia trying to win the game over being fuck all not trying to solve it at all.

You haven't considered the possibility that gob can sit back and see how wrong the reads are and decide he doesn't need to.

I think it is entirely plausible that Darth, Luca, maybe even Oats and Vivax all get yeeted. I think it's totally possible that I do too. And I think it's not unreasonable to think that Darth, Luca, Oats, and Vivax are indeed all town. Add me to the mix and that's 5 misyeets that could happen.

Look at how little interest there is in going after Gob, or Naerys, or Grack. If I'm right and that really is the scum team, then why would they need to do anything? Let these big minds who are eager to find the deepwolves and who want to feel like bona fide Inspector Gadgets / Poirots / Sherlock Holmeses dig deep and play hero ball in the fourth quarter while the actual scum team just sits back with their cocktails and watches town destroy each other. I think it's become pretty obvious that this is exactly what is happening, since we have a near-record length of discussion on day 1, we have 120 pages of stuff so far, and after nearly 3000 posts, I personally feel like we aren't even close to solving this at all.

The only thing I can think of that makes sense of all that is to conclude that the scum team is lurking and is more than happy to do so.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:02 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 2937, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 2934, Oatsmaster wrote: Ignoring the fact that scum are much more careful to be consistent in presenting a coordinated/planned front without any such inconsistencies

Just admit it. Nothing that is said is ever going to change your stance on Darth, is it?

You could use reasoning that 'x and y isn't scummy because'...to literally dismiss anything. It's known as wifom.

Context is key, and it has been explained thoroughly why Darth's actions are scummy based on the context of this game - because it literally doesn't make sense if he's town playing this game in a sincere way.
Saying the same thing over and over isn’t going to convince me, if that’s what you are trying to do
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:03 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 2938, gob wrote:
Seems fine to me
Shit, you got the mind reading chip upgrade?
I’m still waiting on mine
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:04 pm

VOTE: Gob

Really interesting how you suddenly ate your Wheaties after I redirected some attention your way. Time to eat your Yeeties instead, brotato chip.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:04 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Okay so if Luca’s frustration is real, then he really thinks I’m town, therefore he’s mafia.
If Luca‘s frustration is fake, he’s “not saying what he means/believes”, therefore he’s mafia.
So in all cases, Luca is mafia
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:06 pm

In post 2945, Oatsmaster wrote: Okay so if Luca’s frustration is real, then he really thinks I’m town, therefore he’s mafia.

This one doesn't add up. Why couldn't Luca be town and be frustrated with you for suspecting him, with the source of his frustration being that he is being incorrectly classified as scum?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:12 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2946, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 2945, Oatsmaster wrote: Okay so if Luca’s frustration is real, then he really thinks I’m town, therefore he’s mafia.

This one doesn't add up. Why couldn't Luca be town and be frustrated with you for suspecting him, with the source of his frustration being that he is being incorrectly classified as scum?

I'm not frustrated with oats for suspecting me, I'm frustrated because he blatantly cherry-picks parts of posts, ignores what doesn't suit his argument, repeatedly misses the point, picks one part of a post to dismiss a whole argument.

I'm just going to stop interacting with him from now on as it's pointless. I have seen enough to have him as a strong scum-lean, alongside Darth. I'm happy to vote either one of them out at this point.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:15 pm

Well anyway, I'm going to bed, here's my reads list:

TOWN
Luca
Darth
Dannflor
Hu Tao
Oatsmaster
Vivax
Outoforder

SCUM
Grackaroni
Gob
Naerys

I'm just going to stop pretending like I'm so smart and that there's some deepwolf amongst Luca / Darth / Dann / Hu Tao / Oats / Vivax / OOO, thinking that any one of them has pulled off this amazing feat of tons of participation and analysis. I decided it really is not a coincidence that there is actually this really, REALLY wide gap between the level of effort of a pool of 3 people and the rest of the players in this game. Seriously, Luca / Darth / Dann / Hu Tao / Oats / Vivax / OOO have each done a LOT in this game, said a lot, put a lot of effort into this. If you scored participation / effort on a scale of 0 to 100, with 0 being zero effort and 100 being the absolute most effort, realize that these scores look like 0 (Gob), 1 (Naerys), 20 (Grack), 80+ for everyone else. What a freakin' COINCIDENCE that there happen to be three people on one side of this massive gap! Like wow, just, what an incredible coincidence.

Or that's the scum team and this is gg. I'd like to think it's the latter.

Good night.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:20 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Town:
Dann, outoforder, Grack, Ninja

Town lean: