Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:58 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 3597, Vivax wrote: See, this is intending to make Darth doubt his read without presenting an alternative.

Have I not been clear about my current scum pool of you / Oats / Gob?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:00 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 3599, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3598, Vivax wrote:
In post 3594, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3576, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3570, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3555, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Oh I am interested in the alignment; I'm just not interested in analysis of Naerys herself, because there's just not enough to chew on. Whatever tools I want to use to sort someone out, I can't really use those at all on Naerys. You realize it takes like 5 minutes to read through her ISO?

My real life job is biostatistician, and in my profession, we often caution against even conducting a statistical test on anything with too little data. A conclusion based on small sample size is quite dangerous.
Thats a cool job. have you written any papers?

Mafia is not that though, we need to be able to infer probable truths from small pieces of information.

I do know her iso is really small, that is why it bothers me that you didn't

1.) read it when she was in your POE
and
2.) Notice what I did and rule her out from being mafia at least from the time being, or at least consider and dismiss it as being non-indicative of alignment.

Well, you're just going to have to be bothered, then. You don't think small sample size conclusions apply to games like these. I do.

And arguing that there isn't enough data in this game? Please! There's TOO MUCH data in this game, ESPECIALLY on this site when we can talk for days and days and days. The challenge in this game is to make sense of the excess of data, for heaven's sake.
How long are days usually on your home site?
Odd question. What do you hope to achieve with it?
How is it an odd question? I'm just curious :lol:
Every mafia site aside from this one I know of has two day - dayphases followed by a one day - nightphase.
Found it odd cause it looked a bit like you were trying to be superficially helpful.
Why was approximately the entire game even townreading Ninja? I forgot.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:00 pm

At any rate, this is fascinating to watch. Darth puts some heat on a townie, and immediately you see a ramp up of pressure from Vivax and Oats. Really makes you think.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:01 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Oooh okay. I come from chat mafia so I was curious. Everything is fast pace. This is my first forum mafia site so I wasn't sure if all forum sites were like this
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:02 pm

In post 3597, Vivax wrote: She's busy invalidating reads...
In post 3601, Vivax wrote: Why was approximately the entire game even townreading Ninja? I forgot.

Pot, meet kettle.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:03 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 3585, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3581, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3555, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
Oh I am interested in the alignment; I'm just not interested in analysis of Naerys herself
, because there's just not enough to chew on. Whatever tools I want to use to sort someone out, I can't really use those at all on Naerys. You realize it takes like 5 minutes to read through her ISO?

My real life job is biostatistician, and in my profession, we often caution against even conducting a statistical test on anything with too little data. A conclusion based on small sample size is quite dangerous.
Can you explain this a bit more please?

I want to know what Naerys is, whether she's scum or town. I just don't think a read of her iso is going to help me figure that out, because she just hasn't said or done enough for me to ascertain that. I need to do it by process of elimination with the others.
Did you find the fancy me/Oats/gob combination by the process of elimination that you said you intended to use for naerys without being able to eliminate Naerys?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:03 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Also I'm townreading ninja on tone and I don't think that's changing. Unless she's known for being this natural as scum or something
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:04 pm

Post by gob »

yo i am like……………….. focused
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:05 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 3604, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3597, Vivax wrote: She's busy invalidating reads...
In post 3601, Vivax wrote: Why was approximately the entire game even townreading Ninja? I forgot.

Pot, meet kettle.
Not quite, you were busy invalidating DPs read without wanting to push Naerys. I am busy invalidating the reads on you because I want to push you.

Statistics you
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:05 pm

Post by Vivax »

say?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:05 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3607, gob wrote: yo i am like……………….. focused
Gobster do you have like 1 or 2 reads you're actually confident in?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:10 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3591, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3565, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3563, Hu Tao wrote: I think the better question is what are your thoughts on me? Without the snark for once please
Scummy. Not sure what you are referring to re snark
Okay why am I scummy?
I don’t think that you are being very clear with where your reads are at and I think that’s very intentional to avoid getting pressure when you go to vote/push someone.

I also don’t see the follow up I would expect from someone trying to figure out the game, instead it just seems like pop in, scatter some posts that are relevant and then move on.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:11 pm

I'm very sorry but I have a strict "do not engage with my scumreads" policy, effective immediately.

You want to push for a misyeet on me, you go right ahead and try lol. I trust I can talk sense into the people who actually are trying to engage in good faith in this town, not to mention my towniness is actually pretty easy to see when you approach this game from the clueless town perspective. That's maybe why you think you could actually make this work on me, because you aren't seeing that from your informed perspective.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:11 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3592, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3586, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3585, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3581, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3555, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
Oh I am interested in the alignment; I'm just not interested in analysis of Naerys herself
, because there's just not enough to chew on. Whatever tools I want to use to sort someone out, I can't really use those at all on Naerys. You realize it takes like 5 minutes to read through her ISO?

Can you explain this a bit more please?

I want to know what Naerys is, whether she's scum or town. I just don't think a read of her iso is going to help me figure that out, because she just hasn't said or done enough for me to ascertain that. I need to do it by process of elimination with the others.
But she literally -did- do something that will help you ascertain her alignment, that you could find if you read her ISO.

Some
thing
. Not some
things
. Right? That's the problem, Darth. I assume you're referring to the slip-up with not knowing about Roden, and I don't see that as an alignment-indicative thing, to be honest. It could just as easily be scum playing dumb.

When drug A beats drug B once, you don't know if that was just a coincidence. When drug A beats drug B 99 times out of 100, then you're a lot more certain.
1.) Didn't you agree it was less likely to come from mafia before?

2.) we don't get to wait for those kind of sample sizes, otherwise you can never read low post count players.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:11 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3602, SuperfluousNinja wrote: At any rate, this is fascinating to watch. Darth puts some heat on a townie, and immediately you see a ramp up of pressure from Vivax and Oats. Really makes you think.
Slip?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:13 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3588, gob wrote:
In post 3587, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3582, gob wrote: I havent read and do not plan on reading anything recent. Vote me if you must.
Gob how do you find mafia as town?
vca usually
So what are your thoughts on the game based on the wagons between you and I both at e-2 and then you and oats at e-2
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:13 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Or were you referring to yourself in 3rd person.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:14 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 3614, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3602, SuperfluousNinja wrote: At any rate, this is fascinating to watch. Darth puts some heat on a townie, and immediately you see a ramp up of pressure from Vivax and Oats. Really makes you think.
Slip?
I think it could be a covert cheating accusation. I didn't see an intention from Darth to push her at all though, so maybe she's projecting.

I think I might need to revisit Hu Tao as well. Way too comfortable in this environment.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:15 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

I've been pretty clear where my reads are. I think I've been giving reads pretty consistently when asked and when not asked. I literally just gave a few reads the last few pages. That's why I think you're lying about that.

2nd I guess I understand where you can see that. But that's just how I play I catch up and sometimes I'm not around. But I don't think it's as bad as you're painting it.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:16 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3617, Vivax wrote:
In post 3614, Oatsmaster wrote:
Slip?
I think it could be a covert cheating accusation. I didn't see an intention from Darth to push her at all though, so maybe she's projecting.

I think I might need to revisit Hu Tao as well. Way too comfortable in this environment.
Feel free, considering you didn't reply to my question to you earlier
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:16 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3505, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3464, Vivax wrote: I see you writing a lot but not much substance behind it when you could just look at the wagons and draw conclusions in a more rational way.

Instead you're back to claims like Oats pocketing TL buddies and all that jazz which is a cheap way of sowing distrust. Most of your arguments are based on something not making sense to you and there's massive amounts of purely aesthetic floof.

VOTE: Luca Blight
Okay so I'm confused by this vote. Weren't you the one saying that pressure on gob was important? But you unvote because you want the people that are asleep to chime in on him when I put gob at e-1? And then you vote Luca once he starts going for oats? Not this seems like you're soft defending oats for a second time when at first I thought it was just because of Dann laying off the gob pressure
This
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:17 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

If you did reply and I missed it sorry
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:18 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

I am not even putting heat or calling you mafia or whatever Ninja, i'm just trying to figure out your thought processes and test to see if they make sense under some scrutiny.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:20 pm

Post by gob »

In post 3615, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3588, gob wrote:
In post 3587, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3582, gob wrote: I havent read and do not plan on reading anything recent. Vote me if you must.
Gob how do you find mafia as town?
vca usually
So what are your thoughts on the game based on the wagons between you and I both at e-2 and then you and oats at e-2
Im moreso into solving like day 1. Bia pools.

Anyway right now to be frank; i think we need to lim some of these TL players. No offense tk you guys, but all i see is anti-town play and honestly unfun ways of communicating.
Oatsmaster i think is town, pretty strongly too. The way things have went and how against everyone he has been, at every corner, doesnt seem like mafia to me. The TL players can correct me if that is his meta. But i feel like his tone throughout the entire game has been inconsistent.

But im okay with voting him because he has been a nusanxe alongside Luca, Ninja, and some other people im forgetting.

Again no offense to any of ya’ll. We cant all get along.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:20 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

:(
In post 3618, Hu Tao wrote: I've been pretty clear where my reads are. I think I've been giving reads pretty consistently when asked and when not asked. I literally just gave a few reads the last few pages. That's why I think you're lying about that.

2nd I guess I understand where you can see that. But that's just how I play I catch up and sometimes I'm not around. But I don't think it's as bad as you're painting it.
By very clear I mean reasons. You don’t elaborate on why you think someone is xyz, you just say it.

I’m 90% sure that I asked you specifically about the Luca -> dp transition and what made you make that change and you never responded

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”