JOAT uPick | FIN!

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4200 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:59 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 4199, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 4195, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 4187, Laplacian wrote: Actually, Pooky's activated BP + reflexive loverizer also has big 3p energy
I disagree with that. What 3p wants to become a lover with someone else and die?
Again though, roles were chosen before alignment
Scratch that, I get what you are saying here
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4199, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 4195, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 4187, Laplacian wrote: Actually, Pooky's activated BP + reflexive loverizer also has big 3p energy
I disagree with that. What 3p wants to become a lover with someone else and die?
Again though, roles were chosen before alignment
But the mod is still trying to keep things fair and balanced, and a 3p having that ability which is out of their control doesn't really seem fair to me.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:59 pm

Post by MariaR »

I mean I know for a fact roles were changed for the sake of "fairness" because I didn't ask to be a strongman maker.

Drew keep sweet talking me and I'll vote Lap first out of pure selfish motives.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Are you sure Beeboy didn't submit that?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:44 am

Post by MariaR »

No, I know what Beeboy did.

Also isn't the optimal play for like, us to vote out Lap Drew checks Fire or Joy (prob Fire given how popular Joy was)

Vote out lovers carry on?
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
lemon.tangerine
lemon.tangerine
he/him
Goon
lemon.tangerine
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:51 am

Post by lemon.tangerine »

In post 4140, Ircher wrote:
In post 4136, lemon.tangerine wrote:
In post 4134, Doctor Drew wrote: Going through Lemons iso of D1 and into D2, they were pretty much town locking RH, and would put pressure on Hu, only to call her town later down the road.

Kinda had a vibe that they were always angling for someone else to lim, kinda pushed Joyboy hard and Dunn to an extent, went after Titus for not having a solid read on me or Hu as well.

Seems a bit off to me

Pre Edit: Not saying I knew it was you Cabd, but knew something was off about LTO and that you were hiding something
k thanks for hardclaiming scum

You mention that i go from scum hu tao to town hu tao (which i regret)

But you don't mention how i go from scumming joyboy to towning him, nor anyone else

Its very clear you simply just want to paint me in a bad light now

VOTE: Doctor drew
Please unvote for now.
UNVOTE:
What you doing? Who do you scum? Is it me?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:54 am

Post by MariaR »

It probably is just Drew though and idk if that's my ego talking zz
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
lemon.tangerine
lemon.tangerine
he/him
Goon
lemon.tangerine
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:55 am

oh tbh i should explain my unprompted claim d1
lemon.tangerine
lemon.tangerine
he/him
Goon
lemon.tangerine
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:57 am

Basically as we already know, I have a bombvest and my victim can defuse it by guessing who gave the bombvest

Well i didn't read that part of the role pm and softed having a bomb (aka the nuke discussion d1)

Then i realised i fucked up so i made a risky play claiming a ability that i can predict deaths to kill others as a way to survive after claiming
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:04 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 4206, MariaR wrote: It probably is just Drew though and idk if that's my ego talking zz
I will be honest, part of me being ok with being the lim is so I can prove once and for all that you are wrong

I am petty like that lol
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:57 am

Post by Cabd »

Okay, further sins have been committed/discovered and I want Laplacian today.

Let me detail...
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:52 am

Post by Cabd »

Day one ends on post 2353. All of Laplacian's ISO before this post should show a clear TRAJECTORY towards the reads he has, and his eventual targets, yes?

Let's look!

Lap's parity cop targets as claimed were:

Hu Tao, Lemon, and Dr. Drew

Day One Posts Mentioning Hu Tao
In post 820, Laplacian wrote:
In post 757, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 642, Laplacian wrote: VOTE: Joyboy
Comrades, upon rereading I find Joyboy's roster of pirates and foes in revolutionary pamphlet # alarming. As has been called out by the ever-vigilant Doctor Drew and Lady Terminally Online, it included the absent light_ganski as an ally of Joyboy's under flimsy pretenses. Furthermore, the only two foes on the roster were Bell, a safe accusation at the time, and LTO, who is new to this union and its unique quirks. Joyboy then even says that LTO and Bell, his only two suspects are
not
aligned, meaning their read list only truly has one suspect in the end. I fear this incoherent list represents not Joyboy's true feelings, but was hastily built with ulterior motives. Joyboy is trying to deflect suspicion from away from his capitalistic lust for treasure.
Comrade, can I direct you to look at lemon?
Comrade Tao, I have already looked at lemon extensively, as per my grandiose speech in ! I concluded that they where subtly undermining our union with their rhetoric. My post included both a vote for him and a delightful pun! I would be happy to vote him again should we convince more of our fellow workers of the world to unite in this cause. But first, I must investigate LTO's argument and Bell's rebuttal. This may take a while, as the combined length of both rivals the seminal work
Das Kapital
In post 1213, Laplacian wrote:
In post 1193, Titus wrote:
In post 1189, Laplacian wrote:
In post 1144, Titus wrote:
In post 1140, Laplacian wrote:
In post 1100, Firebringer wrote: VOTE: Dunnstral
Comrade Firebringer, while our interactions in the past have sadly been few, I now feel compelled to ask why have you aimed your lens of suspicion at Comrade Dunnstral? Perusing the minutes of our past union meetings, the only time I can find you mentioning them was in missive . I had assumed this was in jest rather than a serious accusation of Dunn being a perfidious capitalist. Is there any further evidence for these aspersions so I may draw my own conclusions from your logic?
What do you think?
I think
I townread Firebringer and was confused by their vote, since I also townread Dunnstral. And it was right of me to ask since it was a meta argument and this is my 6th game on this site. I also think this is a bullshit post that exists solely because you've scumread me; I don't see anyone else asking other people questions getting
bold accusatory statements
. Likely case, you're tunneled. Worst case, scum trying to set me up as a future wagon.

And to get back in character. Something something unions good
If asking for an actual opinion is accusatory, then...I guess everything is accusatory. I have accused you of being scum, but directly giving you the opportunity to address my concerns is the opposite.

What are your HST and Lemon reads?
Comrade Titus, it was the bolding that I found offensive. As to your clarification and further questions, I have stated my opinions on many of our fellow workers throughout the game. My thoughts on Lemon.tangerine I have made abundantly clear; I find them suspicious across the board, from wording in early discussions, to an unprompted claim. I have happily voted them once, and would do so again without remorse or hesitation.

HolySpiritTurtle I find less clear due to their relative dearth of posts. I tentatively lean town, but this judgement may change after I see their case on Comrade Hu Tao.
In post 2029, Laplacian wrote: I like HT & L_G's interactions around 1330ish.

Can we just put Pooky & Bell on opposite sides of the room? Bell's been the main character for like 90% of the game. Someone just cop/gunsmith him tonight so we can resolve it.

I'm also not reading any ISOs, used up all my tryhard energy thinking of synonyms for union and trying to remember how to spell bourgeoise

That's it. That's the entirety of direct mentions of their thoughts on Hu Tao one way or another before Day One ends. I'm supposed to believe this was his parity cop choice after leaving off on that positive note? (Oh, also, for the record, Hu Tao is NOT in his hero solve)

Let's do Drew next?

Day One Posts Mentioning Doctor Drew
Comrades, upon rereading I find Joyboy's roster of pirates and foes in revolutionary pamphlet # alarming. As has been called out by the ever-vigilant Doctor Drew and Lady Terminally Online, it included the absent light_ganski as an ally of Joyboy's under flimsy pretenses. Furthermore, the only two foes on the roster were Bell, a safe accusation at the time, and LTO, who is new to this union and its unique quirks. Joyboy then even says that LTO and Bell, his only two suspects are
not
aligned, meaning their read list only truly has one suspect in the end. I fear this incoherent list represents not Joyboy's true feelings, but was hastily built with ulterior motives. Joyboy is trying to deflect suspicion from away from his capitalistic lust for treasure.
In post 1170, Laplacian wrote: As page 47 heralds a friendly wager, I feel it unsporting to not enter

Spoiler: guess
Lemon, RH, Joyboy, Dr Drew

Wow. He literally only mentioned drew ONCE in passing as "Ever-vigilant" and then he's randomly in the hero solve?

Now Lemon gets plenty of mention, so let's go through Lemon.

Day One Posts Mentioning Lemon
In post 318, Laplacian wrote:
In post 310, lemon.tangerine wrote: Anyway inregards to our setup (i read someone posted it about being alot of 1-shot abilities which ofc it is lol) Id say that alot of ppl probably have much more creative abilities than on other forums.

Just a rumour i heard that setups are often more creative on mafiascum, sooo im expecting ppl to be doing more than complain abt union leaders lol

Aka throw nukes everywhere ty <3

Also n1 actions are gonna be p chaotic i assume bc 14 ppl all using joat actions lol (yes 15-1 is 14 after wagon)

So like what happens if everyone just kills another player?

Our noble group is 17 players, not 15. Likewise, we are blessed with a suite of one shots, made abundantly clear in the pre-game literature. Yet, this post is casual, nay, skeptical, about the existence of our one shots. Observe the hedging: "I read someone posted it", "a rumor", "probably have much more creative abilities". Our JOAT abilities were clear from the moment we signed up for the union!

COMRADES! I ask of you, why would a hard-working member of the proletariat ignore their unique skills and abilities? They would not. JOAT abilities are our way of interacting with the world, our way of finding information, our way of aiding and protecting allies, our way of furthering the perpetual march of progress! To ignore our skills is anathema to everything we stand for!

Therefore, there can be only one conclusion. Lemon.tangerine is a perfidious union-buster, as sour as his name. He has ignored his innate skills to focus on another ability, one shared with all scum. Murder.

VOTE: lemon.tangerine
In post 441, Laplacian wrote:
In post 423, HolySpiritTurtle wrote:
In post 318, Laplacian wrote:
In post 310, lemon.tangerine wrote: Anyway inregards to our setup (i read someone posted it about being alot of 1-shot abilities which ofc it is lol) Id say that alot of ppl probably have much more creative abilities than on other forums.

Just a rumour i heard that setups are often more creative on mafiascum, sooo im expecting ppl to be doing more than complain abt union leaders lol

Aka throw nukes everywhere ty <3

Also n1 actions are gonna be p chaotic i assume bc 14 ppl all using joat actions lol (yes 15-1 is 14 after wagon)

So like what happens if everyone just kills another player?

Our noble group is 17 players, not 15. Likewise, we are blessed with a suite of one shots, made abundantly clear in the pre-game literature. Yet, this post is casual, nay, skeptical, about the existence of our one shots. Observe the hedging: "I read someone posted it", "a rumor", "probably have much more creative abilities". Our JOAT abilities were clear from the moment we signed up for the union!

COMRADES! I ask of you, why would a hard-working member of the proletariat ignore their unique skills and abilities? They would not. JOAT abilities are our way of interacting with the world, our way of finding information, our way of aiding and protecting allies, our way of furthering the perpetual march of progress! To ignore our skills is anathema to everything we stand for!

Therefore, there can be only one conclusion. Lemon.tangerine is a perfidious union-buster, as sour as his name. He has ignored his innate skills to focus on another ability, one shared with all scum. Murder.

VOTE: lemon.tangerine
Actually doesn’t this suggest otherwise? Omitting 2 players assumes 3-men team and if my brain still works correctly 17p usually has 4-men team, no?
I would indeed expect a 13-4 split; the foul bourgeoise would have sent no less than that to try, futile though it may be, to shatter our noble spirits. No, Lemon's omission of two comrades is a minor error that I would expect from distraction; instead the smoking gun of their perfidy comes from the skepticism of abilities. Reread their first sentence and tell me that it is not hedging, that is not feigned nonchalance. While the braying of Bell's possible slip still rings in our ears, lemon's words offer a far more damning perspective.
In post 622, Laplacian wrote:
In post 617, lemon.tangerine wrote: Omgus is nai
I concur. It is a natural reaction when one doubts your revolutionary spirit to lash back with harsh words and accusations. But while nai, it should be still noted in the annals of history in case a pattern of desperate flailing occurs.
In post 646, Laplacian wrote: Having revisited the minutes of our last union organizing meeting, I have identified several comrades who I believe are wholly devoted to our grand cause.

LTO: Has made herself a valuable member of this union with quick and intelligent reads
Pooky: A friendly comrade. Pocketed me early, so I must reevaluate in days to come
Dunnstral: While quiet, his words and votes are powerful and strategic
Titus: We may disagree, but she has a strong and confident spirit
Firebringer and Maid Cafe: Veteran union workers alike, whose casual play helps put all our hearts at ease.

I also fervently want to believe that Comrades Ircher and Relativistic Harmony can be trusted, but they have not yet demonstrated enough praxis to enmesh themselves within in my good graces.

Upon Joyboy and lemon.tangerine I have already expressed my doubts. Comrade Bell has also been troublesome to interpret, with actions both noble and base. However, suspicion is edging out. Any of these uncouth hobgoblins I would be happy to drag before a council of peers, as well as those suspiciously absent in discussions or in content.
In post 820, Laplacian wrote:
In post 757, Hu Tao wrote:
not
Comrade, can I direct you to look at lemon?
Comrade Tao, I have already looked at lemon extensively, as per my grandiose speech in ! I concluded that they where subtly undermining our union with their rhetoric. My post included both a vote for him and a delightful pun! I would be happy to vote him again should we convince more of our fellow workers of the world to unite in this cause. But first, I must investigate LTO's argument and Bell's rebuttal. This may take a while, as the combined length of both rivals the seminal work
Das Kapital
In post 1063, Laplacian wrote: Good day comrades! I have begun to catch up with the discussions I missed. Oh, that I could forsake sleep to forever revel in the spirit of the proletariat!

Comrade Bell continues to confound. I am no longer unsure if he is a noble revolutionary or a foul capitalist. While I will vote if necessary, I instead urge one of our union's cunning investigators to observe hia actiona closely during the night, as to truly divine his motives. Indeed, perhaps the second night, as his alleged isolation would render our investigator's hard work moot.

I have had little change of heart towards lemon.tangerine this past day. I see no reaaon to claim abilities in the manner they did unprompted, except to gain credibility with an alleged investigative role. Comrades, I remind all of you that fake claiming is easier than normal due to our suites of abilities.

In the past, I expressed my fervent wish to be able to trust Relativitic Harmony's revolutionary spirit. While my opinion has congealed, my wish did not come true. I am beginnimg to suspect RH to be a blaggart and infiltrator of our great union! I ask of you, noble workers, reread their words with a keen eye, see if you can see what I see
In post 1170, Laplacian wrote: As page 47 heralds a friendly wager, I feel it unsporting to not enter

Spoiler: guess
Lemon, RH, Joyboy, Dr Drew

I'm calling the first post a clear RVS vote. The second post turns it into a serious scum read.

Here at least we have a clear trajectory to the read. But with that said... Here's why these targets fucking suck:

A parity cop's optimal town usage is to use a fairly well known target whose alignment you are nearly positive on, alongside two others. This gives you the most bang for your buck. None of the three names he chose as initial targets are in his "townpool".

What is the optimal MAFIA usage of a parity cop? Hint: Pick two murky towns and one scum and then when that scum flips you have a guaranteed mislim, OR when one of those towns dies anyways, well, now you have your murk-scum "cleared as town".

Here's his town pool. Why did none of these serve as the calibration choice?
In post 646, Laplacian wrote: LTO: Has made herself a valuable member of this union with quick and intelligent reads
Pooky: A friendly comrade. Pocketed me early, so I must reevaluate in days to come
Dunnstral: While quiet, his words and votes are powerful and strategic
Titus: We may disagree, but she has a strong and confident spirit
Firebringer and Maid Cafe: Veteran union workers alike, whose casual play helps put all our hearts at ease.
Why are the results "surprising" here?
In post 2403, Laplacian wrote: Good morning comrades! I hope that we are all well rested and ready to resume our glorious revolution! Through a combination of meditation, interrogation, and rooting through garbage for suspicious evidence, I believe I have identified several comrades who are, surprisingly, trustworthy
From Laplacian's POV, he has a parity result on three people, none of which he was town reading, but one was NOT in his scum pool, and was in his "nulls" as of this point? Why should it be "surprising" to get a result of Hu Tao town? Hint: Because this is informed guilt and he knows Hu Tao is indeed his partner who he spent day one avoiding talking to or about much.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:53 am

Post by Cabd »

The drew stuff is damning on its own to me.

The rest is just cherries on top.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:54 am

Post by Cabd »

VOTE: Laplacian
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4214 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:08 am

Post by MariaR »

Aaaaa

Cabd you're so cool~

I wish I could write a case like that.

Congrats Drew you get spared, isn't that great!
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4215 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:11 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 4214, MariaR wrote: Aaaaa

Cabd you're so cool~

I wish I could write a case like that.

Congrats Drew you get spared, isn't that great!
Lol, yay?

But ya, Cabd definitely put the case together in a much more succinct way than what was floating around in my head heh
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4216 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:12 am

Post by MariaR »

Well then, I'm ready to end today unless you people have role things you want to talk about.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4217 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:15 am

Post by Cabd »

I am by no means infallible, I just think this is a more pressing matter than my concerns of any other slot.

I likely won't be around past today if I am wrong so this was my big spurt of effort AND a way of finishing up my buzzword bingo card with ffery's signature tell.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4218 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:16 am

Post by MariaR »

That means we can STILL send Drew over?

Don't tempt me like that

VOTE: Lap
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4219 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:18 am

Post by Cabd »

Just make sure you're self-resolved before final 5 mmkay? Or otherwise people can quote this post while they put YOU into the woodchipper, lady the 2nd.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4220 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:18 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 4218, MariaR wrote: That means we can STILL send Drew over?

Don't tempt me like that

Ha, if this flips town maria will be insufferable tomorrow
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4221 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:21 am

Post by Cabd »

Since you two are around though, please play devil's advocate and tell me areas where I am wrong, best cases stand up to scrutiny.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4222 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:22 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 4219, Cabd wrote: Just make sure you're self-resolved before final 5 mmkay? Or otherwise people can quote this post while they put YOU into the woodchipper, lady the 2nd.
Hey now, why do you think Lemon is clearing me so hard?

Trust me when I say it'll be lots of fun~
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4223 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:22 am

Post by Cabd »

I know but I'm bitter because if it ends up needing to matter I won't be around to enjoy it ITT.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4224 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:22 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 4220, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 4218, MariaR wrote: That means we can STILL send Drew over?

Don't tempt me like that

Ha, if this flips town maria will be insufferable tomorrow
Be honest you adore my company.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”