iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:11 am

Post by iLord »

Eldarad wrote:I'm here.

Huntress' attitude towards Electra's claim is consistent with her role claim. There's so much I don't like about Huntress' play but...gah.

unvote
vote Jahudo
That's a good point - I'm going to go look to see if it's consistent with Crazy's reaction.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Patrick »

Final Votecount

Huntress (3) <- sthar8, Green Crayons, Jahudo
Jahudo (7) <- Incognito, iLord, Guardian, TDC, Raging Rabbit, icemanE, eldarad
eldarad <- Huntress

Not voting: Electra
-----------------------------

And so you've all finally made your decisions. First up are Electra and sthar, people who you guys consider worthy of trust. How does this ritual work? Ehhh, that would be telling. Suffice it to say that Electra and sthar have been boosted, and both feel extremely good right now.

Then we come to the slightly less fortunate Jahudo, who's been selected for a very special prize; he gets to wear the first rope necklace! Seven of you overpower him in the fading light of dusk, and march him to the gallows which you've erected in the middle of the town square, and which sorely need testing. He dies agonisingly slowly, and you hope against hope that he wasn't an innocent man of the town - how would you sleep tonight? You needn't have worried, as even a brief search of Jahudo's possessions reveals that he was a very nasty piece of work.

Jahudo - Mafia Godfather - lynched day 1

It is now night 1. You have 72 hours to send in nightchoices, and remember to send them all to me, not Elmo.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Patrick »

It's past midnight. An absolutely absurd hour to be outside in the woods, but iLord always did like his night walks, and isn't about to break the habit of a lifetime just because a few unsavoury characters have taken up residence here. Besides, it helps him think. Helped him, anyway. iLord took his usual meandering path around the lake, pondering the events of earlier today. Why did Jahudo come here, and does he have allies? What's happening tonight? That last question is the only one iLord got an answer too, as he took his last ever walk. Someone knew his usual habit and his usual route, which made it easy to follow him here. A quick and lethal knife to the throat, and iLord sank to the floor gurgling, unable to even cry out, unable to even see who'd killed him.

On the other side of town, Guardian was also preparing to take a wonder. He checked his backpack one more time; a hot flask of coffee, a flashlight, a few medicinal herbs and even a pair of binoculars. He moved towards his front door and had that strange feeling, like when your sixth sense tingles, but dismissed it as the usual paranoia that's really quite understable in these troubled times. Guardian undid the latch and opened the door - and was surprised to see someone he recognised directly in front of him - at least in the split second it took for that person to put a bullet through his forehead.

The nine of you who survived find your two dead friends the following morning, unfortunately neither particularly easy to recognise. iLord was searched and found to have nothing particularly interesting; on the other hand that sprig of herb in Guardian's backpack suggests he was a medical practitioner of sorts.

iLord - Villager - killed night 1
Guardian - Doctor - killed night 1

It is now day 2. With 9 alive, you lynch at 5.
Last edited by Patrick on Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Jahudo »

bah. go scum.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Hmm. I wonder if the two kills mean we boosted scum. I think both electra and sthar should claim the benefits the boost had on them, especially electra who claimed to get some form of extra knowledge.

Also, with Jahudo turning scum I suspect Incog a whole lot less, Jahudo's attack on him seems like working towards the lynch of a townie rather than bussing. I'll try to read Jahudo again and rethink this, among other things.

Boost TDC
, which is the only one I'm really comfortable with at the moment.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Incognito »

eldarad, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1404906#1404906]in his 699[/url], wrote:Huntress' attitude towards Electra's claim is consistent with her role claim. There's so much I don't like about Huntress' play but...gah.
I wanted to ask this yesterday but unfortunately, Elmo-mod locked the thread too quickly. How so?
Why did you switch your vote over so quickly after only hearing Huntress's claim? I'd also like for you to provide some sort of game summary and player by player.

Outside of that, if Electra was telling the truth about her role, I don't think she should immediately reveal the
actual
information she received. If Electra received the type of information I think she did, I'm kinda, sorta wondering if mass claiming might be a good strategy at this point. I think revealing the
type
of information she received might be a good start.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Why shouldn't she? She could be dead tommorow, and we need this info to gauge whether we want to boost her again or not. It's not like the scum don't already know she has extra knowledge, if she's telling the truth.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Incognito »

Yes, I think she should definitely reveal the information at some point today, but I don't think she should do it immediately upon entering the thread. I think she should first say what kind of info it is and then we can proceed from there.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by TDC »

Raging Rabbit wrote:Hmm. I wonder if the two kills mean we boosted scum. I think both electra and sthar should claim the benefits the boost had on them, especially electra who claimed to get some form of extra knowledge.
The two kills had different kill flavour, though. iLord was stabbed and Guardian was shot.

Just like yesterday, I'll
boost eldarad

I would think that players that are boosted at night (as per Huntress' claim) would be notified of this. If that's the case (
mod: Can you tell us?
), I think it would make sense if she claims who she boosted, so that we at least know that her claim is either true or that both she and the claimed boostee are lying.
Though I could see "booster" as a scum role, too, in which case finding out who she boosted will be of help, as well.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Guardian »

yay! go town.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by Patrick »

If boosting at night can happen, a boosted player would find out about it at daybreak.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Huntress »

I boosted iLord last night.

And now I'm thinking I may have made a mistake by replying to Eldarad's question earlier:
In post 640, I wrote:
eldarad wrote:So if you had a second boost vote (you don't because you replaced in late, and then avoided expressing any positive opinions on other players for a while) who would you boost?
Probably iLord at the moment.
Although it was before I claimed, so it was probably a quite innocent question, but I think I'll be keeping quiet about whom I'm intending to boost in the future.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:44 am

Post by eldarad »

Incog wrote:I wanted to ask this yesterday but unfortunately, Elmo-mod locked the thread too quickly. How so?
Huntress had a problem with Electra's claim in that Electra referred to herself as a vanilla townie even though she was 'boostable'.
I thought Huntress' line of reasoning ("you either have a power or you don't") was consistent with her role claim, ie a power role.
Raging Rabbit wrote:Hmm. I wonder if the two kills mean we boosted scum.
Electra thought that that was a possibility too as I recall.
Huntress wrote:Although it was before I claimed, so it was probably a quite innocent question, but I think I'll be keeping quiet about whom I'm intending to boost in the future.
Probably
a
quite
innocent question?
What's with all the qualifiers here? Do you think it
wasn't
an innocent question? That I was somehow trying to find out who you planned to boost at Night
before I even knew you had the ability to boost
? Is that what you're suggesting?
Did you kill Guardian last Night?

~~~
Also, LA up until Christmas and a few days after.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:29 am

Post by Huntress »

eldarad wrote:
Huntress wrote:Although it was before I claimed, so it was probably a quite innocent question, but I think I'll be keeping quiet about whom I'm intending to boost in the future.
Probably
a
quite
innocent question?
What's with all the qualifiers here? Do you think it
wasn't
an innocent question? That I was somehow trying to find out who you planned to boost at Night
before I even knew you had the ability to boost
? Is that what you're suggesting?
TDC wrote:Though I could see "booster" as a scum role, too,
If the scum had a booster it would be a reasonable assumption for them to make that the town had one too, so the more info they could get about who people were willing to boost, the better. You asked me that question because I hadn't said who else I was willing to boost. In hindsight I can see a possible motive for it. Even if the scum don't have a booster of their own they might have guessed at the existence of one.

eldarad wrote:Did you kill Guardian last Night?
No.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

I believe the best move is to stay quiet for a bit until electra comes back with her info, which I think she should claim asap. Sthar should claim the effects the boost had on him, as well.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Electra »

Okay, I don't get a cop investigation, sad. I found out things related to game mechanics, but I want to see what sthar says he got, because there are some things I found that might make life easier for him if he's scum and has to fake what boost he got.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Incog wrote:I think she should first say what kind of info it is and then we can proceed from there.
I'm pretty sure she already reveled what kind of information she acquires.
Rabbit wrote:I believe the best move is to stay quiet for a bit until electra comes back with her info
I agree that Electra should divulge. This information is pretty useless for everyone until mid/end game so it doesn't hurt to have it out now.
Rabbit wrote:Sthar should claim the effects the boost had on him, as well.
I disagree. I think Sthar should claim only if explaining the effects of the boost would be beneficial for the town as of right now.
Huntress wrote:If the scum had a booster it would be a reasonable assumption for them to make that the town had one too, so the more info they could get about who people were willing to boost, the better. You asked me that question because I hadn't said who else I was willing to boost. In hindsight I can see a possible motive for it. Even if the scum don't have a booster of their own they might have guessed at the existence of one.
I don't really understand how this follows. If the scum were assuming that the town had a booster because they had one, why would they boost a player based off of your non-existent second boost before they knew you had a boosting ability? And I'm not entirely sure what assumptions you're making re: your boosting ability affecting their decision to boost someone.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

That's reasonable, I guess.
*waits for sthar*
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

I disagree. I think Sthar should claim only if explaining the effects of the boost would be beneficial for the town as of right now.
I'd still like to force a claim, in order for us to be able to better reeavaluate sthar. The extra nightkill gives me shivers.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Electra posted while I was doing mine. Reading her post threw me off so I went ahead and reread Electra's claim post. I thought she claimed she received information about how many people of the town performed night actions, but apparently it wasn't in that original post of hers. Did my memory just elaborate her initial claim or did this specificity ever occur?
Rabbit wrote:I'd still like to force a claim, in order for us to be able to better reeavaluate sthar. The extra nightkill gives me shivers.
If we're afraid he might be a scumbag with an extra kill, we don't have to reboost him. That said, I don't know if outing potential valuable information that he might not want to divulge yet just because there was a second kill (of which there are more than a single explanation, of course) is necessarily the most prudent of steps to take.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

GC wrote:Electra posted while I was doing mine. Reading her post threw me off so I went ahead and reread Electra's claim post. I thought she claimed she received information about how many people of the town performed night actions, but apparently it wasn't in that original post of hers. Did my memory just elaborate her initial claim or did this specificity ever occur?
If she did, I certainly don't recall it.
GC wrote:If we're afraid he might be a scumbag with an extra kill, we don't have to reboost him. That said, I don't know if outing potential valuable information that he might not want to divulge yet just because there was a second kill (of which there are more than a single explanation, of course) is necessarily the most prudent of steps to take.
This may be just speculation, but I've a strong feeling that this setup is town vs. scum with no extra killing roles. Makes more sense this way, considering the boost mechanic. Vig and SK are both possibilities, but my gut says double scumkill.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:53 am

Post by Huntress »

Green Crayons wrote:I don't really understand how this follows. If the scum were assuming that the town had a booster because they had one, why would they boost a player based off of your non-existent second boost before they knew you had a boosting ability? And I'm not entirely sure what assumptions you're making re: your boosting ability affecting their decision to boost someone.
I was implying that they might want the information to help decide on a night kill, not a boost.

Raging Rabbit wrote:I'd still like to force a claim, in order for us to be able to better reeavaluate sthar. The extra nightkill gives me shivers.
Even if a claim doesn't benefit town? Or do you have reason to distrust him?
Green Crayons wrote:Electra posted while I was doing mine. Reading her post threw me off so I went ahead and reread Electra's claim post. I thought she claimed she received information about how many people of the town performed night actions, but apparently it wasn't in that original post of hers. Did my memory just elaborate her initial claim or did this specificity ever occur?
You may have been thinking of TDC's speculation in post 46.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:32 am

Post by sthar8 »

I think that the best use of my role is to claim now and alleviate any suspicions that my new power might be a kill.

If you recall, yesterday I noted that I did not believe I was the best boost for the day. This was because I had narrowed my potential powers down to two options, and I didn't think either of them is particularly helpful to us in the early game, except as a way to potentially confirm me.

I'm a double voter. I have a second, secret vote that I PM to elmo in order to use. From the wording of my boost PM, I believe that once I use this vote, I will not retain the power into the following days. If there are no objections, I'd like to use this today in order to confirm myself. I'd also like to get it out of the way, because it could potentially be devastatingly swingy in a LYLO situation, and I don't want the pressure should it come to that.

Electra, do you have a question that you'd like to ask?

Huntress is still far and away the scummiest, even after her claim. What is the general consensus on her claim? Do we give her another chance to confirm it?

Number two and number three spots are open, I'm looking into Jahudo interactions now.

I'm still fine with
boost: TDC
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Incognito »

I'll have some more stuff to say after Electra reveals her information.

GreenCrayons, I thought similarly to what you did about Electra's boost ability and it seems like TDC did also. He said the following, which is probably what you read and have attributed to being something that Electra mentioned when it was TDC who said it instead:
TDC, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1319935#1319935]in his 46[/url], wrote:I'm not sure why ILord and RR are talking about guilties and innocents, when Electra's claim clearly said she'll get "information about the town", which I'd guess would be things like "There's X scum in the town" or "there are Y vanillas". Nothing she said suggested it's a cop investigation.
I was hoping it was this kind of information because I think a mass-claim might have been a strong strategy at this point if the above was the case.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Incognito »

sthar8 wrote:Huntress is still far and away the scummiest, even after her claim. What is the general consensus on her claim? Do we give her another chance to confirm it?
I need to reread obviously, but I think icemanE is scummier.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”