Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4800 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:35 am

Post by Gypyx »

Vivax (2) :
SuperfluousNinja / Naerys
Luca Blight (1) :
Grackaroni
Grackaroni (1) :
Luca Blight

Not Voting (3):
Vivax / DarthPunk / Hu Tao

With 7 Alive, it takes 4 to secure an execution.

Day Four ends in (expired on 2024-02-27 16:38:49)

Mod Notes.
Last edited by Gypyx on Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4801 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:36 am

Post by DarthPunk »

I think HT is mafia with grack that would be my best guess at a team right now.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4802 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:39 am

Post by Hu Tao »

VOTE: grack

Fine ill go grack. Like I said it doesn't matter. Grack/luca/vivax solves the game imo
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4803 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:40 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 4801, DarthPunk wrote: I think HT is mafia with grack that would be my best guess at a team right now.
Do you seriously still scumread me based off that thing day 1 and me trying to bait scum day 2?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4804 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:45 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4803, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 4801, DarthPunk wrote: I think HT is mafia with grack that would be my best guess at a team right now.
Do you seriously still scumread me based off that thing day 1 and me trying to bait scum day 2?
It's mostly POE, I think Nearys is town, Ninja is town, I think Luca/grack can't be scum together, Vivax /grack doesn't really make sense either.

And the stuff that vivax pointed out with you seemingly calling grack and vivax both scum but not really being that keen to yeet grack is true.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4805 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:46 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4802, Hu Tao wrote: VOTE: grack

Fine ill go grack. Like I said it doesn't matter. Grack/luca/vivax solves the game imo
This looks like a bus to me.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4806 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:48 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4787, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 4688, Grackaroni wrote: I realized DP was town and Ninja has been checked.
When and how did you realize this? Especially after you voted for DP? I don't see an explanation for this.
He explained this earlier.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4807 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:51 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 4806, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 4787, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 4688, Grackaroni wrote: I realized DP was town and Ninja has been checked.
When and how did you realize this? Especially after you voted for DP? I don't see an explanation for this.
He explained this earlier.
He can answer the question himself.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4808 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:01 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4797, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 4784, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 4782, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 4278, DarthPunk wrote: Do you think Nearys could fake not knowing who the NK was when if she was scum she would 100 percent know?

That is really hard for me to get past.

If this is all it is, I don't think that's a convincing case. Do any of us think she could fake not knowing about the night kill? Well how should any of us know? I don't know Naerys, I don't know her capabilities. It doesn't seem particularly difficult to me to type some keystrokes that give an impression of cluelessness.

If you want me to continue townreading you, I'd advise you to stop with the intimidation tactics.
You are literally trying to intimidate me now with this statement. :roll:

Honestly your approach to basically everything since you were cleared has been overly aggressive, off-putting and generally wrong. Right now I am pretty sure you are hard defending scum grack and trying to misyeet vivax.

So I don't really care if you town read me or not, I think you are cleared as town but wholly on the wrong track and so I would appreciate it if you just let me solve the game, because that is all I care about right now.

What you are doing is far shittier, though. Your version of this is to get me to shut up. My version is to get you to talk. I'm telling you I think what you're doing is scummy behavior, and I don't tell you that to get you to stop talking, I tell you that to gauge your response. And I fully expect a response too.

But if you portray me as someone with "strong opinions" and shame me for "not reading the thread properly", I don't see how that does anything other than trying to make me feel small, insignificant, worthless.

It's just a shitty thing to say to someone. We all have lives and responsibilities, there's a lot of stuff in this thread, and I'm working on something right now where an answer to that question helps me along. I don't have time to comb through everything here when I could get what I need just by asking. You should want me involved and engaged. Hell, maybe your thoughts have changed, seeing as how you said it a while ago, and I wanted your current thoughts. It's really not so outrageous to ask.
I was not trying to be shitty or get you to shut up, I am just sick of having to answer the same things over and over, which are clearly and readily available in my ISO.

If you didn't like my reason's for town reading Naery's perhaps instead of using quotation marks about my reads you could have asked a probing question that also offers something of substance like: 'DP do you still think naerys is town because of the JK slip? because I am not so sure that this is a good enough reason to town read her, based on XYZ'

I find it off-putting that you infer slights in many posts from others, but at the same time engage in the very behaviour that you accuse those same people of doing.

Like the example above, where i -literally- am not trying to intimidate you, I am just asking you to read the thread before asking questions.

And then you accuse me of intimidating you, by -literally- trying to threaten me with in game consequences for it.

I am just sick of it, I only want to talk about the game. I care about you being respected as a Human, but I am not interested in projections of slight's, insults or behaviour standards that you perceive are not being met, when literally no-one has crossed the line.

Just FYI - you are saying what I am doing is shitty because I asked you to read the thread, while you have literally: sworn about my posting, laughed about me being toxic and threatened me with a scum read while saying I was trying to intimidate you.

Don't thrown stones in glass houses.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4809 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:54 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Basically I think grack is mafia because of his really odd read progression on gob from the start of the game.

He puts gob as top town, when there is no reason to do so, instead of trying to determine gobs alignment he is just written off as town.
In post 689, Grackaroni wrote: Finished reading through the thread.

My top town are Dannfloor/gob/Hu Tao.

Dannfloor for leading the pushes in thread. I don't feel either of them have been scum-motivated.

The way Gob posts I just don't see coming from scum.

Hu-Tao - I liked post #576 the most, but he just seems very care free while still contributing.

I don't like the way OutofOrder has been posting so far. I think as town he is able to consistently assist the town by narrowing and eliminating people from the lynch pool, while as scum he is able to build up a large post count by getting into arguments that lead nowhere.

I'd probably favor lynching a lurker at this point since there are some people that are giving absolutely nothing, but if not a lurker then I would lynch Ninja/Roden.
In post 1522, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1520, DarthPunk wrote: Grack now that I explained my Oates read can you please explain your inexplicable gob read.
There's not much behind it beyond what I've said. He seems to just throw out scum reads on people without any concern at all for how his posts may look in the thread.

He may be just giggling in the scum chat like Vivax for all I know.
I've just never seen anyone play scum like this before.
Doubles down on town! Gob, while kind of spewing gob as mafia here.

In post 1541, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1539, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1534, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1526, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1520, DarthPunk wrote: Grack now that I explained my Oates read can you please explain your inexplicable gob read.
There's not much behind it beyond what I've said. He seems to just throw out scum reads on people without any concern at all for how his posts may look in the thread.

He may be just giggling in the scum chat like Vivax for all I know. I've just never seen anyone play scum like this before.
So how do we test his thinking at all? Can he just do whatever and face no consequences for it?
Eh actually you're probably right. He should be pressured a lot more. These posts read like one of my attempts at bussing a teammate from 12 years ago. The trust me guys, I know dann just reads so heavily as "I'm on a team with dann and I will be vindicated."
In post 1435, gob wrote: Dannfloor is the mafia btw. I'm pretty sure. I'm not really feeling up to casing him rn.... because idk, i started doordashing to make extra money tbh. Taking up my time and enrgy.

I'm going to go over everything one more time before EoD though.
In post 1436, gob wrote: VOTE: Dannfloor

Ninja, Oatmasters. Hop on this to pressure Dann. Trust me on this one, i know dann.
In post 1454, gob wrote: I legit cannot remember why I thought dannfloor was scummy... I had a good reason why he was the right vote at work but i forgot it.

VOTE: DarthPunk

so im switching gears.
So why did I have to push you into that position grack? cause it has been clear to me that I have been right this whole time.
One of my first posts was that he wouldn't be mafia from his thread entrance. I haven't been paying close attention to him and you directed my attention towards him.
Once I apply pressure on him for his gob town!read (at the time made no sense) he says he wasn;t paying much attention to gob, and that he only paid attention to him after I (correctly) started pressuring gob.

But if that was the case his putting gob as TOP THREE TOWN does not make sense, that is not what you do to someone you are not paying attention too.

If you are not paying attention you don't then double down on the read.
In post 1545, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1543, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1541, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1539, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1534, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1526, DarthPunk wrote:

He may be just giggling in the scum chat like Vivax for all I know. I've just never seen anyone play scum like this before.
So how do we test his thinking at all? Can he just do whatever and face no consequences for it?
Eh actually you're probably right. He should be pressured a lot more. These posts read like one of my attempts at bussing a teammate from 12 years ago. The trust me guys, I know dann just reads so heavily as "I'm on a team with dann and I will be vindicated."
In post 1435, gob wrote: Dannfloor is the mafia btw. I'm pretty sure. I'm not really feeling up to casing him rn.... because idk, i started doordashing to make extra money tbh. Taking up my time and enrgy.

I'm going to go over everything one more time before EoD though.
In post 1436, gob wrote: VOTE: Dannfloor

Ninja, Oatmasters. Hop on this to pressure Dann. Trust me on this one, i know dann.
In post 1454, gob wrote: I legit cannot remember why I thought dannfloor was scummy... I had a good reason why he was the right vote at work but i forgot it.

VOTE: DarthPunk

so im switching gears.
So why did I have to push you into that position grack? cause it has been clear to me that I have been right this whole time.
One of my first posts was that he wouldn't be mafia from his thread entrance. I haven't been paying close attention to him and you directed my attention towards him.
I know you said that, but honestly almost every post he makes is jarring in how ??? it is.
I wrote him off too quickly because his style is so different.

I'm on board with VOTE: gob.
If he knows Dann as well as he says he does then he should be able to remember why he was scum reading him.
Grack then posts this vote on gob after saying he should be pressured a lot more, but then ceases to pressure gob or even mention gob at all until
In post 2103, Grackaroni wrote: VOTE: Hu Tao
In post 2108, Grackaroni wrote: Does Gob explain the reasoning behind his posts in other games?

I saw people saying that he's obvious when he plays scum. I was hoping to at least get some response from him but he just posted 'Im mafia with x, y, and z instead!
He votes HT, and kind of explains away the gob pressure again, except if he was hoping for a response, he basically did nothing after dropping his gob vote, no pressure , no interaction, no follow up.

All of this is disingenuous to me.

I also think calling vivax scum is suspect as anything because this:
In post 1498, Grackaroni wrote: I think Vivax is 0% mafia. I think he has some awareness of how to play to people's expectations, but after watching him in mafia chat several times as a host he's often just posting random things and giggling that he's still getting away with it. I've never seen him genuinely invested in the game as mafia in the way that he has been in this game. I'd be really shocked if he was mafia.
Is a 100% correct reason to town read vivax this game. That's why I wanted to know how he could scum read vivax all of a sudden this phase.
In post 4699, Grackaroni wrote: It's not well considered. The main reason was from my interaction with him yesterday and seeing a lot of his name in Gob and now also Luca's ISO. (And I really wouldn't discount the possibility that Gob posted his real scum team.)
Is so much worse of a reason to scum read vivax when grack had already given the correct reasons to town read vivax.

I don't believe grack actually thought vivax was mafia, I think Grack was trying to deflect from his own yeet by being audacious and engaging in WIFOM.

There is also this post from OOO
In post 1138, outoforder wrote: I will start then.
Grack.

There are things that bother me a lot in his game. First of all it's quite hard to do catch up like that with keeping your story straight. Especially as mafia.
There is the post where Luca claims he thinks the interaction with Oats and Roden is S/S. Grack agrees with that, because it looks bizarre.
But after all the opinion actually is that Oats is town and Roden is not.
Then he suspects me and you (Vivax).

Then there is like sudden change in everything. Suddenly Roden doesn't look like mafia anymore. Suddenly Vivax doesn't look like mafia anymore. Suddenly Luca looks like mafia.
Notice that I am the only person ever in this game before Vivax just while ago to suspect Luca at any level. He doesn't have anything to say about his read on me.

Also he doesn't have anything to say about my post here:
Spoiler:
In post 769, outoforder wrote:
In post 46, Vivax wrote: This is IML. As soon as a majority is reached, the lunch is served. Drumming for quick votes is more mafia indicative than town indicative. We don‘t have enough information.

Consider this a FoS on Dannflor.
I'm actually thinking now, contrary to before, that this might be a mafia post. I mean the theory behind this is legit, but we are playing on a site where RVS is pretty common and Vivax knows it for sure. There is simply no reason to say this, especially FoS anyone for a RV.
In post 314, Vivax wrote: [...]
In this instance
I can see Outoforder having that certain abrasiveness and pushing notions I mostly can't find myself agreeing with
so he's the person who takes the heat while his team tries to appear reasonable. Main point that makes me vote him is how he approached gob which wasn't even a real read, he just said mafia wouldn't use such terrible reasoning.
[...]
This is simply what happens in every single game when i am town. Yet Vivax somehow deduces this as a scum tell for me. Note that he doesn't even think gob is mafia.
In post 430, Vivax wrote: [...]
We differ a lot in how we approach gob. You tend to just take people playing in a scummy manner at face value while to me he looks just like a player who has fun being contrarian and has zero fear of dying
while annoying the hell out of people who take the game extremely seriously. In that way, I prefer to just treat him as a little thorn in the side who draws too much attention for the game's good (no offense though, I find it amusing).
[...]
I specifically find it suspicious from Oats though that he treated gob in that exceedingly serious manner while I did in a different one as described above
. I mean sure, he doesn't make sense but if he's town that's a main priority for scum to push. I don't know his alignment but I could see him being town shark bait. He's not even triyng to be scummy on purpose, he's just... Derp?

Made the post a clickable spoiler since i assume that was the intent
First underline, that's
exactly how i did and have treated gob
, i am scummy.
Second underline, Oats did the opposite, he is scummy.
What is scummy? Is every singe way you treat gob scummy or what?
There is simply no reason to assume Oats has done anything out of his town range anyways. Vivax should also know that.
In post 622, Vivax wrote: Oats mostly from his abrasiveness and the whole stuff I already explained surrounding the way he handled gob who I saw as lunch bait at the time.
You because of the interaction with Ninja that I explained. Would have expected more pushback from you or let's call it OMGUS if you will.
OOO similarly to Oats because of his initial bad vibe I got.
Vivax just described how DP would act as mafia and turned the whole thing around so that
that
would look town and
this doesn't
Similarly Vivax just described exactly how me and Oats appear as town, rather than as mafia. Sure,
both of us could probably act like that as mafia
but there is simply no reaso nto believe either of us is mafia
because
of that.

As knowing me, Vivax, Oats and DP, regardless of if Grack thinks i am correct, incorrect or whatever here, this should be imo the most interesting post in the game to him, especially since he apparently suspects me. Alarm bells are ringing as he just comments absolutely nothing about it.
I think OOO caught some early red flags on grack's approach to the game, and OOO has by far played the most games with grack out of the TL players here.

Grack has spent most of this game pushing townies and not pusing mafia.

Grack is mafia.

VOTE: Grackaroni
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4810 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:55 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

This is EXE- 1 btw.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4811 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:55 pm

You're right that I've been unfair to people and I apologize. It won't happen again.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4812 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:57 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4811, SuperfluousNinja wrote: You're right that I've been unfair to people and I apologize. It won't happen again.
No need to apologise. I don't want you to feel bad about it or anything, I just want to focus on and play the game.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4813 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:45 pm

VOTE: Grackaroni
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4814 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 pm

SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4815 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:09 pm

Actually I meant

DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4816 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:25 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

is that the hammer?

I agree that this game needs more gifs Ninja.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4817 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:27 pm

Post by Vivax »

Kinda depressed.
I didn‘t change socks for five days just to vote Grackaroni.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4818 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:30 pm

Post by Vivax »

Thank you ninja
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4819 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:32 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

are we allowed to post after the hammer or not?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4820 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:41 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Grackaroni (4) :
Luca Blight / Hu Tao / DarthPunk / SuperfluousNinja
[Execution !]

Vivax (1) :
Naerys
Luca Blight (1) :
Grackaroni

Not Voting (1):
Vivax

Mod Notes.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4821 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:46 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Grackaroni has been Executed ! He was...

Spoiler:
Vanilla Townie

Night 4 begins and ends in (expired on 2024-02-23 23:46:02)

As an additional note : yes you are allowed to speak after a hammer for as long as the thread is not locked

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4822 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:23 pm

Post by Gypyx »

as a heads up, Daystart will be delayed by a few hours due to me having resolved the hammer during the middle of the night last time

sorry for the inconvinience

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4823 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:19 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Every Day 4 votecount

Spoiler: 1-7
Grackaroni (1) :
Naerys

Not Voting (6):
Hu Tao / Vivax / DarthPunk /
Grackaroni
/ Luca Blight /
SuperfluousNinja

Grackaroni (3) :
Naerys / DarthPunk / Vivax
Vivax (1) :
SuperfluousNinja

DarthPunk (1) :
Grackaroni

Not Voting (2):
Hu Tao / Luca Blight

Grackaroni (1) :
Naerys
Vivax (1) :
SuperfluousNinja

DarthPunk (1) :
Grackaroni

Not Voting (4):
Hu Tao / Luca Blight / DarthPunk / Vivax

Vivax (2) :
SuperfluousNinja
/ Naerys
DarthPunk (1) :
Grackaroni

Naerys (1) :
Vivax

Not Voting (3):
Hu Tao / Luca Blight / DarthPunk

Vivax (2) :
SuperfluousNinja
/ Naerys
DarthPunk (1) :
Grackaroni

Grackaroni (1) :
Vivax

Not Voting (3):
Luca Blight / DarthPunk / Hu Tao

Vivax (2) :
SuperfluousNinja
/ Naerys
Luca Blight (1) :
Grackaroni

Grackaroni (1) :
Luca Blight

Not Voting (3):
Vivax / DarthPunk / Hu Tao

Grackaroni (4) :
Luca Blight / Hu Tao / DarthPunk /
SuperfluousNinja
[Execution !]

Vivax (1) :
Naerys
Luca Blight (1) :
Grackaroni

Not Voting (1):
Vivax

Last edited by Gypyx on Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4824 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:19 pm

Post by Gypyx »

-

bottom text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”