Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:54 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Pagetop perchance?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 492, Gimli wrote:
In post 456, Aureal wrote:
In post 445, Gimli wrote: HPE could easily be kira with aureal and maybe will o'wisp as followers

all aureal did this game wrt HPE was soft defend it
I what now? I think I was the first one giving HPE a funny look for the way it voted! The rest of y'all are just following me! :P
if you mean #82 that wasn't a push, it was inconsequential commentary.
was what I was talking about, yeah, where you voted HPE. Although looking back at that now the sequence actually doesn't seem quite as bad, I was recalling the vote and commentary about it being nervous being more in sync with it saluting you. I guess it was basically more of an RVS vote, looking at that now, and the salute came right after. Your next post, hours later, was when you said it seemed nervous, which still sounds like a poorly justified push on it to me since I feel like that response to your vote should've been giving you the impression that HPE was likely the one who gave you the incognito. I don't know where nervousness comes into it.
more important than that is, for instance, the way you soft defend HPE in #194, #198, #201, #228, then a pivot to voting actiondan with klick after suspecting his train of thought (!)

then #280, then #383, etc etc

you never come here and say 'I think HPE is towny for this and that reasoning', but you defend it from the many posters scumreading it throughout the entirety of this d1.
oh crap he's onto my strategy to look like a follower instead of Kira
I mean...

I don't even remember what I could've said that gives you the impression of so much HPE defense, but I don't even really care. I'll defend against whatever bad arguments I feel like; I can hold multiple thoughts in my head at once. Probably too many, really; it tends to lead me to indecisiveness a lot because I see too many possibilities. I'm pretty sure you're right when you say I never said HPE was towny, because I've never thought that so I wouldn't have said it. It's been one of my bigger scumreads most of this time- it wasn't until just now when it started acting offended over being scumread for what it feels would be bad scum-play that I started having doubts about whether I'd be fine flipping it today. The AtE is hitting a little close to home for me and I'm still trying to sort that out.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:09 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 494, Gimli wrote:
In post 483, Aureal wrote:
In post 463, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 458, Aureal wrote:
In post 455, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I read it. Why announce that? Scum would likely have tried to find out his name but now won't caus they know it reveals day 2
Are we really just all playing clueless about incognito? First Gimli pushing HPE for giving him incognito and now... whatever this is? If you literally just read up on what it is you should know it's obvious that Gimli had incognito since game start and therefore his name will be revealed day 2. What other way of obscuring his name would exist?
Wouldn't say Gimli pushed me for giving him Incog, he had no way of knowing it was me, but frfrfrfrfr
Well I feel like he, knowing he had been given incognito by someone else rather than it being his own randomly assigned skill, would naturally take your greeting him the way you did as a sign that you likely were the one who gave it to him. Instead he called you nervous.
you're reaching so hard with the HPE defence that you have to argue with HPE about it. I don't know where you got that I'd have to assume I was given incognito. I mean, maybe, if I was really good at picking up signs and if had read the setup with attention. maybe you'd pick it up if you were in my shoes? but also why would I think someone would post pockety to me just because they've given me incognito?
Did you... not even read the list at the start of the thread to realize that your name was just question marks? I feel like that's the sort of thing one would definitely wonder about, yeah.

...I'm not
that
much of a domineering mech-head, am I? Heck, I forgot/didn't notice a few setup details that've been brought up by people. I didn't do a deep dive trying to piece together how useful lots of things that might not even exist or be confirmable would be, but not thinking about something going on with your own person is hard for me to wrap my head around.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:11 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 499, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 495, Gimli wrote: in other news I also dislike how RR is pushing HPE because revealing incognito isn't a scummy thing
I didn't say it was scummy. It (the action) doesn't seem to make sense as any alignment here. I was just trying to understand its (the High Princess) thought process.
Really? That's not the impression I've been getting- I don't understand why this was such a big issue to you, and I understand even less if you don't even think it's alignment indicative. :?
-furtiveglance
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:13 pm

Post by Gimli »

@aureal I don't wanna go over how much of the setup I knew before posting in game thread

did I think 'someone gave me incognito' at any point before HPE announced that? no I didn't. I saw my name hidden and didn't give it a second thought as to why. *shrug*
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:37 pm

Post by Klick »

Can we vote ActionDan today
Or like maybe Drew but I feel like the appetite for that is lower but that's also kind of why I want it
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:03 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 503, Aureal wrote:
In post 499, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 495, Gimli wrote: in other news I also dislike how RR is pushing HPE because revealing incognito isn't a scummy thing
I didn't say it was scummy. It (the action) doesn't seem to make sense as any alignment here. I was just trying to understand its (the High Princess) thought process.
Really? That's not the impression I've been getting- I don't understand why this was such a big issue to you, and I understand even less if you don't even think it's alignment indicative. :?
I mean I was trying to figure out whether it was alignment indicative, rather than outright accusing it of being scummy.

I WAS pushing over it, but it was more interrogative than accusatory. It was a big issue to me because it was a strange play that didn't seem to make sense in the current gamestate.

Unfortunately, the conclusion I've come to is that I don't know. I am not able to understand why HPE thought it relevant to claim, in spite of its attempt to explain, and arguing in circles about it is unlikely to be productive, so I stopped. I may revisit it later if my resolve in my solve wavers, or if HPE does something I'm able to more confidently classify as scummy, but for now my conclusion is that it is simply a weird play that doesn't make sense to advance any agenda.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:26 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 497, Gimli wrote: who do you think is kira, HPE?
ffffff this one really wishes it actually had a solid answer to this question especially when its trying to atleast die being a pain in the ass for scum. this one would probably be fine voting AD but it needs to look at klick too. hu tao also on my list as always
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:14 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 505, Klick wrote: Can we vote ActionDan today
Or like maybe Drew but I feel like the appetite for that is lower but that's also kind of why I want it
okay I sheep

VOTE: actiondan
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:17 am

Post by Gimli »

I'm also fine with HPE now after re-reading it

me/klick/hpe/aureal/cuddle time townbloc

both followers and kira in rr/hu tao/drew/AD/will

@klick what do you think
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:19 am

Post by Gimli »

HPE was just being cute with the power it gave me and I mistook that for scummyness, I think

on re-read it seems fine, it reacted well to pressure and the emotions seem sincere

I might change my mind tomorrow but
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:23 am

Post by Gimli »

I'll try before EOD to work out interactions between the other 5 and see what fits better

I think we can just try to towncore it and flip kira today, which means getting to a agreement on a player that stayed throughout this under the radar and not getting talked to much or entertained as a potential d1 flip

last game STD was kira and had an almost flawless d1 getting very little pushes against him by just coasting and being agreeable

that's the profile we're hitting d1 with the most likelihood of flipping kira
I'll tie your legs
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:31 am

Post by Klick »

In post 509, Gimli wrote: I'm also fine with HPE now after re-reading it

me/klick/hpe/aureal/cuddle time townbloc

both followers and kira in rr/hu tao/drew/AD/will

@klick what do you think
I think the odds of 5 town in that set are pretty high yeah
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:34 am

Post by Klick »

I think Kira being in {ActionDan, Drew} and then there being some random Follower with them is a workable solve atm
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:51 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 511, Gimli wrote: I'll try before EOD to work out interactions between the other 5 and see what fits better

I think we can just try to towncore it and flip kira today, which means getting to a agreement on a player that stayed throughout this under the radar and not getting talked to much or entertained as a potential d1 flip

last game STD was kira and had an almost flawless d1 getting very little pushes against him by just coasting and being agreeable

that's the profile we're hitting d1 with the most likelihood of flipping kira
Using STD's general play style to find Kira seems like a fools game

Wouldn't Kira want to be out there?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:56 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

I don't have any town reads in this game. I'm looking for posts that look like scum won't be able to fake and I haven't seen any here so far.

- A
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:58 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 515, CUDDLE TIME wrote: I don't have any town reads in this game. I'm looking for posts that look like scum won't be able to fake and I haven't seen any here so far.

- A
:roll:

Gun to your head, who would be the least scummy?
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:00 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 417, Little Will o' Wisp wrote: From town to scum: Cuddle, Klick, Erinys, Gimli, Aureal, Tao, Dan, Rat, Drew.
Elaborate your reads on Erinys, Drew?

- Dragon

P.S. I'm back, more or less, to being available but also it's midnight so I will post tomorrow morning instead of right now.
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:16 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

The Kira role reminds me of a mafia traitor role who doesn't know their mafia buddies. From my experience playing with a mafia traitor in completed games, I've seen a mafia traitor being town leaned and null read and usually it's the informed scum with tmi who look scummy. Whoever is Kira looks like it could be anyone and it's the Kira Followers with tmi are the ones who will look scummy.

- A
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:23 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 516, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 515, CUDDLE TIME wrote: I don't have any town reads in this game. I'm looking for posts that look like scum won't be able to fake and I haven't seen any here so far.

- A
:roll:

Gun to your head, who would be the least scummy?
Least scummy means a scummy player who is not the first pick on being voted out. If I had to pick a player who I can guess can be town it would be Klick.

- A
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:41 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 508, Gimli wrote:
In post 505, Klick wrote: Can we vote ActionDan today
okay I sheep

VOTE: actiondan

VOTE: ActionDan
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:10 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I don't think I can vote with Klick
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:33 pm

Post by Klick »

lol
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:36 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 408, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 403, Klick wrote:
In post 400, Doctor Drew wrote:It was Rat's confidence when going back and forth with you that makes me think they are town.

And it is the way you wilted, like you knew you wouldn't be able to make them look bad since they were looking so town, so you had to do a hard left turn and somehow decide they are town.
Like I don't get how you post the first sentence and think 'yeah that's reasonable' and then post the second sentence and think 'yeah Klick had to SOMEHOW decide Rat was town' instead of me using, you know, the same evidence as you
That is possible, I did look back and saw some progression
This was the last thing you said to me

Your scumread on me and refusal to 'vote with me' is political
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:45 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 523, Klick wrote:
In post 408, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 403, Klick wrote:
In post 400, Doctor Drew wrote:It was Rat's confidence when going back and forth with you that makes me think they are town.

And it is the way you wilted, like you knew you wouldn't be able to make them look bad since they were looking so town, so you had to do a hard left turn and somehow decide they are town.
Like I don't get how you post the first sentence and think 'yeah that's reasonable' and then post the second sentence and think 'yeah Klick had to SOMEHOW decide Rat was town' instead of me using, you know, the same evidence as you
That is possible, I did look back and saw some progression
This was the last thing you said to me

Your scumread on me and refusal to 'vote with me' is political
Well I don't really see Dan as scum, I don't like your interactions with Kay, and yes.....I saw the progression you made with Rat(which makes my scum read on you a little less strong)......but I still don't like the interaction you had with them......as I described earlier.

So you can call it whatever you want, but I just can't see myself voting with you here.

Also, as I said a few posts ago, I don't like Gimli's take on how we should find Kira, I didn't elaborate since I was hoping to here from him sooner......but seems so, contrived(I think that is the word I am looking for lol). Like he is purposely leaving out certain people on purpose.

Also is a variant of Lim all lurkers, which I always hate on D1.

So with you too kinda working in lockstep, no sir I am staying far away from that wagon

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”