Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:29 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 673, Gypyx wrote: yeah but like, in a sense getting that lim is allowing the gamestate to process as is, and it's always gonna be easier proving she's scum with her partner alive and speaking

like, i've also got the ability to plan for future events, i can tell that going with a Nora lim right now probably means me tommorow, i'm trying to let myself talk to townspew and stuff but you don't seem convinced

do you understeand where i'm getting at ?
All I see is someone who doesn't want to lim someone they consider a scum read.

Do you understand what I am getting at?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:29 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Top text lol
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:37 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 675, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 673, Gypyx wrote: yeah but like, in a sense getting that lim is allowing the gamestate to process as is, and it's always gonna be easier proving she's scum with her partner alive and speaking

like, i've also got the ability to plan for future events, i can tell that going with a Nora lim right now probably means me tommorow, i'm trying to let myself talk to townspew and stuff but you don't seem convinced

do you understeand where i'm getting at ?
All I see is someone who doesn't want to lim someone they consider a scum read.

Do you understand what I am getting at?
Just tell me if you've made up your mind already pls
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:39 pm

Post by Gypyx »

like, this the most uncurious "Well you think she's scum and yet you're not dropping all logic in order to kill her lol"
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:40 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Fight the tunnel > get exed

Don't fight the tunnel > get exed

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:40 pm

Post by Gypyx »

what the fuck am i even supposed to do

bottom text
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:51 pm

Post by gob »

In post 680, Gypyx wrote: what the fuck am i even supposed to do
idk
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:53 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 678, Gypyx wrote: like, this the most uncurious "Well you think she's scum and yet you're not dropping all logic in order to kill her lol"
I just don't get that if you scum read someone in lylo, why you refuse to vote them?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:23 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Cause i don't wanna win in 5p ELo just to lock in a loss in 3p?

bottom text
Nora.
Nora.
she/her
Townie
Nora.
she/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:15 pm

Post by Nora. »

well im not mafia. x_x We lose the moment a townie votes me

Gypyx, please think your vote through. Why do you townread drew? Help me understand that read because I’m certainly not there yet. From where I’m standing it’s kind of blatant that he’s trying to coerce a townie into voting another townie
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:36 am

Post by gob »

im back
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:37 am

Post by TemporalLich »

VC 3.2 (Unchanged)Not voting: Gypyx,
gob [IC]
, Doctor Drew, Nora., Aureal

With 5 alive it takes 3 to exile.

Day 3 will end in (expired on 2024-02-29 19:00:00) or when an exile is reached.
time will end
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:52 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 684, Nora. wrote: well im not mafia. x_x We lose the moment a townie votes me

Gypyx, please think your vote through. Why do you townread drew? Help me understand that read because I’m certainly not there yet. From where I’m standing it’s kind of blatant that he’s trying to coerce a townie into voting another townie
How is it coercion if I am trying to get someone to vote their scum read?

But we are going a bit in circles here now, so this is how I see Nora's, Gyps, and my reads for the scum team.

Nora: Aureal and Drew
Gyp: Aureal and Nora
Drew: Gyp and Nora

Would like for Aureal to clarify her scum team read, same for Gob
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:23 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 655, Gypyx wrote: so once again, i didn't wanna answer these questions cause they just look like they're made in bad faith, but like, sure ok
Why do they look like they're in bad faith?
1) ummm, like, yeah NAS? who else? and like what, if they flipped scum you would've said "you defended an awful lot of players who flipped scum" this litterally means NOTHING. I also pretty much turned around on NAS at the end of day and was planning to hammer him, weird that you're leaving this out of your line of argument
NAS and me clearly, Bingle somewhat, and I think Wisp? (I'm not actually clear what 'based' means but I think it's positive). That said, my read on that wasn't as strong when I reviewed your ISO again just now to clarify, so eh. You did spend a lot of time tussling with Leek, who was also my primary scumread for much of the game.
2) this wasn't about my words? like, idk, that's where the starting points of stuff was sure, but i didn't feel like there really was anything to clarify since it was more Bingle using it as a starting point to propel his own arguments, also you're really audacious to accuse me of sitting back when you're the slot that's more guilty of that, once again, scum players scumreading based on their own way of playing as scum
These are unrelated arguments. You sitting back and not saying anything about Bingle's interpretation of your words implies that you didn't have a problem with the interpretation; and since I clearly thought his interpretation was insulting, you not saying anything looks like trying to avoid also getting that negative attention from me. Referring to my overall detachment from this game as a comparison to a specific situation that you were involved in but chose to stay as far away from as possible is just totally wrongheaded. And why would you even think I would play that way as scum?
3) or like, you could ask your scumbuddy Nora to hammer the day now and kill me tommorow before i realize how cooked I am, i too can create theories about what happened that's crazy
Huh? I don't even know what the latter half of that means; and for the first part if I was scum why would I start eyeing you yesterday but get Nora to end the day without any discussion of it?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:30 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 656, Gypyx wrote:
In post 654, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 653, Aureal wrote: No, I'm saying you seem to be making intentionally bad attacks because
1) you don't have much in the way of a good response to give because you didn't actually have a thought process there to explain; and
2) if you were still able to come up with good-looking responses it would make us both look townier to interact with each other discussing them, but you're probably going down anyway and don't want me to look townier because I'm not your partner

If you were town here I'd think you'd want to try to explain things if I've misunderstood them and try to find me. You're just shutting me out without any explanation.
I think you just perfectly described the main issue I have had with Gyp since I repped in
yeah idk, i'm trying to be more direct with things

but like, interacting with a slot i think is scum is also very different from interacting with a slot i think is town? like, i feel like we're not playing the same game here
Why exactly do you suddenly think I'm scum? All I've seen is that now you know I'm not the mason, and... you apparently think I'm not feeling distressed enough about it being ELO? Why do you feel I should be taking this game very seriously here- you've clearly seen that I've not been very invested for most of it.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:35 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 658, Nora. wrote: uhm wait so were you simply not getting scummy pings from bingle or were you explicitly townreading them? your first post said the former and now it's the latter. because...there's a difference. the absence of scummy pings does not make someone townie enough that you ignore a wagonomics read on them while agreeing with the other two on the same principle. like, it should make then hover around null, leaving the read susceptible to change through other tells such as what gob brought up.

and fwiw im harping on this particular point because there's a chance scum already knew bingle was unpushable at that point be it because they either had a strong pr read there or had used a role cop on them, and so i went back to look for potential tmi d2
Oh right, there's a rolecop in this setup

Hmmm
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:42 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 685, gob wrote: im back
OMG WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?! WE WERE SO LOST WITHOUT YOU!!!!! :o
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:43 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 687, Doctor Drew wrote: Would like for Aureal to clarify her scum team read, same for Gob
Obviously it's gob and gob, duh. :igmeou:
-furtiveglance
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:11 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 690, Aureal wrote:
In post 658, Nora. wrote: uhm wait so were you simply not getting scummy pings from bingle or were you explicitly townreading them? your first post said the former and now it's the latter. because...there's a difference. the absence of scummy pings does not make someone townie enough that you ignore a wagonomics read on them while agreeing with the other two on the same principle. like, it should make then hover around null, leaving the read susceptible to change through other tells such as what gob brought up.

and fwiw im harping on this particular point because there's a chance scum already knew bingle was unpushable at that point be it because they either had a strong pr read there or had used a role cop on them, and so i went back to look for potential tmi d2
Oh right, there's a rolecop in this setup

Hmmm
dumbtell harder pls

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:18 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 688, Aureal wrote:
In post 655, Gypyx wrote: so once again, i didn't wanna answer these questions cause they just look like they're made in bad faith, but like, sure ok
Why do they look like they're in bad faith?
1) ummm, like, yeah NAS? who else? and like what, if they flipped scum you would've said "you defended an awful lot of players who flipped scum" this litterally means NOTHING. I also pretty much turned around on NAS at the end of day and was planning to hammer him, weird that you're leaving this out of your line of argument
NAS and me clearly, Bingle somewhat, and I think Wisp? (I'm not actually clear what 'based' means but I think it's positive). That said, my read on that wasn't as strong when I reviewed your ISO again just now to clarify, so eh. You did spend a lot of time tussling with Leek, who was also my primary scumread for much of the game.
2) this wasn't about my words? like, idk, that's where the starting points of stuff was sure, but i didn't feel like there really was anything to clarify since it was more Bingle using it as a starting point to propel his own arguments, also you're really audacious to accuse me of sitting back when you're the slot that's more guilty of that, once again, scum players scumreading based on their own way of playing as scum
These are unrelated arguments. You sitting back and not saying anything about Bingle's interpretation of your words implies that you didn't have a problem with the interpretation; and since I clearly thought his interpretation was insulting, you not saying anything looks like trying to avoid also getting that negative attention from me. Referring to my overall detachment from this game as a comparison to a specific situation that you were involved in but chose to stay as far away from as possible is just totally wrongheaded. And why would you even think I would play that way as scum?
3) or like, you could ask your scumbuddy Nora to hammer the day now and kill me tommorow before i realize how cooked I am, i too can create theories about what happened that's crazy
Huh? I don't even know what the latter half of that means; and for the first part if I was scum why would I start eyeing you yesterday but get Nora to end the day without any discussion of it?
1) Yeah so that's cool i was townreading some townies, like, wowzies, shocker ! (also even if i didn't really get in depth on that i absolutely was wary of Bingle) once again you can't just apply scumreading concepts in a vaccum and claim you've caught me, it's also once again very misrepresentative to claim i was on the side of the NAS defenders when i absolutely would've hammered him without wisp beating me to it

2) well now it's me who's not understeanding what you're saying to me right now, that's like, great lol

3) because that allows you to push me on that basis? like obviously scum!you doesn't want me to be able to answer too much, who knows, i might end up *gasp* clearing myself !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:23 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 684, Nora. wrote: well im not mafia. x_x We lose the moment a townie votes me

i think i'm the person who's thinking the most about this game rn in all honesty

as for drew, like, i think his play overall is questionable but the way he's interacting with me just screams T/T and in ELo i think i trust more those immediate reads based on who is doing what

and like, yeah this could be coercion, or he could just let things be and probably have the day ends with an exe on me? You're reaching lol

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:28 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 689, Aureal wrote:
In post 656, Gypyx wrote:
In post 654, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 653, Aureal wrote: No, I'm saying you seem to be making intentionally bad attacks because
1) you don't have much in the way of a good response to give because you didn't actually have a thought process there to explain; and
2) if you were still able to come up with good-looking responses it would make us both look townier to interact with each other discussing them, but you're probably going down anyway and don't want me to look townier because I'm not your partner

If you were town here I'd think you'd want to try to explain things if I've misunderstood them and try to find me. You're just shutting me out without any explanation.
I think you just perfectly described the main issue I have had with Gyp since I repped in
yeah idk, i'm trying to be more direct with things

but like, interacting with a slot i think is scum is also very different from interacting with a slot i think is town? like, i feel like we're not playing the same game here
Why exactly do you suddenly think I'm scum? All I've seen is that now you know I'm not the mason, and... you apparently think I'm not feeling distressed enough about it being ELO? Why do you feel I should be taking this game very seriously here- you've clearly seen that I've not been very invested for most of it.
not to case you but basically

- interactions with Nora
- Your behaviour this ELo (hard pushing me)
- I'm not asking you to run around in circles screaming, but you just don't look very uninformed
- i guess i let earlier things slide which are grounds for reevaluation now

bottom text
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:49 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 694, Gypyx wrote:
1) Yeah so that's cool i was townreading some townies, like, wowzies, shocker ! (also even if i didn't really get in depth on that i absolutely was wary of Bingle) once again you can't just apply scumreading concepts in a vaccum and claim you've caught me, it's also once again very misrepresentative to claim i was on the side of the NAS defenders when i absolutely would've hammered him without wisp beating me to it
IDK what you mean by the first bit, and I don't think the fact that you turned around and were suspicious of NAS towards the end of the day negates that you were defending him early. My trajectory was the opposite, where I was suspicious of him early and that diminished as I saw the cringey behavior continue unabated and realized it was probably just how he is and maybe not alignment indicative. So of course I'm going to find it weird that you had him pegged as town based on relatively little and then went back on it, I think that's clearly more suspicious. Though I guess you probably didn't have too much need to walk back the read, with gob pushing a wagon on him.
2) well now it's me who's not understeanding what you're saying to me right now, that's like, great lol
What about it?
3) because that allows you to push me on that basis? like obviously scum!you doesn't want me to be able to answer too much, who knows, i might end up *gasp* clearing myself !
Well, I'm not, I'm trying to figure you out.
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:51 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 692, Aureal wrote:
In post 687, Doctor Drew wrote: Would like for Aureal to clarify her scum team read, same for Gob
Ah the ol double gob, as fun as that would be......who ya thinking?
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:52 pm

Post by gob »

In post 698, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 692, Aureal wrote:
Ah the ol double gob, as fun as that would be......who ya thinking?
its her + gypyx

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”