Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:41 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 816, Political Clout wrote: don't mind them guys they drank some hatorade this morning. I was thinking it might be aristea way back when I made my dumb prediction post at work because I had nothing better to do then someone quoted wait dr. drew I think that would scum make that post and quoted aristea lke idk third post or something I'm hard guessing. but klick also quoted it way back. anyways I was thinking nah scum don't make that post. then I was thinking I haven't seen them then I started reading back and saw that they were going after gera now. It felt WEIRD. that's where I'm at with aristea.
my pronouns are she/her

if you have questions for me you can just ask me
You are always gonna be my love
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:12 pm

Post by Political Clout »

In post 825, Aristeia wrote:
In post 816, Political Clout wrote: don't mind them guys they drank some hatorade this morning. I was thinking it might be she way back when I made my dumb prediction post at work because I had nothing better to do then someone quoted wait dr. drew I think that would scum make that post and quoted she like idk third post or something I'm hard guessing. but klick also quoted it way back. anyways I was thinking nah scum don't make that post. then I was thinking I haven't seen she then I started reading back and saw that she were going after gera now. It felt WEIRD. that's where I'm at with she.
my pronouns are she/her

if you have questions for me you can just ask me
My bad apologies. Fixed now I think.
Ya basic!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:46 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 824, davesaz wrote:
In post 818, Psyche wrote: why does he want his single articulable scumread to be ignored
I'm having trouble figuring out who he is in this case.
it’s cloutttttt
You can't step in the same river twice.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:38 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 808, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 804, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 799, Wake1 wrote: Although my gut does suspect there's at least one among Klick, Hu Tao, and Psyche. Anyone have first-hand experience with Klick's Scum meta?

Also, hi Titus.

I've been asked to quote this for... *reasons.*
Pretty sure you're

0 out of 3

Strikeout

Well of course you would say this if you're Scum.
NotAScum
NotAScum
He/Him
Goon
NotAScum
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:26 pm

Post by NotAScum »

In post 792, davesaz wrote: Someone may have mentioned this already, but why did NAS not approach Naerys' self vote the same as Hu Tao's?
I haven't seen their self-voting. Haven't been able to read much since the few days.
In post 797, Random Nurse wrote: Personally I am taking extreme embrace against both of them because both of them are actively refusing to engage me.
I'll be more active today and answer your queries.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:24 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 811, Klick wrote: It's not a Hard Town read but I think NAS is more likely town due to it
Naur
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:25 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 828, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 808, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 804, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 799, Wake1 wrote: Although my gut does suspect there's at least one among Klick, Hu Tao, and Psyche. Anyone have first-hand experience with Klick's Scum meta?

Also, hi Titus.

I've been asked to quote this for... *reasons.*
Pretty sure you're

0 out of 3

Strikeout

Well of course you would say this if you're Scum.
Or town
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:15 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 829, NotAScum wrote:
In post 792, davesaz wrote: Someone may have mentioned this already, but why did NAS not approach Naerys' self vote the same as Hu Tao's?
I haven't seen their self-voting. Haven't been able to read much since the few days.
In post 797, Random Nurse wrote: Personally I am taking extreme embrace against both of them because both of them are actively refusing to engage me.
I'll be more active today and answer your queries.

Uh, no, I think I'm done giving you chances on this.

If you don't respond to my questions SOON you're gonna see a WHOLE new side of me.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:05 pm

Post by Dannflor »

he’s gonna super duper activate his innocent child
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:14 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 833, Dannflor wrote: he’s gonna super duper activate his innocent child

You haven't seen my final form yet.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:23 pm

Post by Dannflor »

rereading naerys vs hu tao and it just feels like two townies who desperately believe they are Correct
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

aristeia goes from pushing one (hu tao) to the other (naerys) without much fanfare, which i think is indicative of genuinely just trying to figure them both out and isn’t exactly great optics for scum

If I’m right about hu tao and naerys being TvT i would expect scum to be either not engaging much with the conflict at all, or taking a much more static and/or one-sided approach to the 1v1
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:37 pm

Post by Dannflor »

the thing about gera is he can put out substantially more content than this D1 as both alignments

however, i do think he’s more prone to leaning on his “d1 sux” schtick and talking about that schtick to subsidize his content as scum. i think he’s been a little over explainy about his actions instead of just owning them
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:38 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I think I’m seeing the KJQ town reads now

Still not quite as confident as some of you seem to be though
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:41 pm

Post by Dannflor »

It’s kinda whack psyche doesn’t like interact with the hu tao v naerys debacle like one bit

i mean besides being vaguely annoyed by melodrama
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:53 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 512, Psyche wrote: the page provides an entire system for classifying self-votes and explains in detail how each type of self vote could come from scum
or
from town.

then the only sentence from which it can be gleaned that anyone thinks self-voting is a scumtell is:
"While this practice is commonly seen as scum-indicative, no data has been compiled on the actual effectiveness of self-voting as a towntell or a scumtell."
this is arguably the most disapproving way that a writer could conceivably share that information without openly abandoning wikipedia's editorial guidelines

but someone clinging to the mafia wiki for dear life took the exact opposite message home?
it does not pass the smell test
i dont know this feels like a genre of case i would make as scum

like it’s so logical that it misses the illogical ideas that

1) the wiki link being posted was clearly just a cute rhetorical point

2) people dont actually read
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:56 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 835, Dannflor wrote: rereading naerys vs hu tao and it just feels like two townies who desperately believe they are Correct
If this becomes the majority consensus, I better start rereading this thread because I focused way too much of my energy on figuring out who I believed on the Hu vs Naerys drama just to realize I should’ve been paying more attention to psyche’s read on NAS or the 3 votes on gera that happened in quick succession.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 558, KayJayQueue wrote: I worry that the minute I give my opinion on my gut feeling on a few I am strongly feeling are town, I’m going to get responses that say “oh I’ve played with them before, they do this as scum” “don’t pay attention to that” etc etc. I feel like I’m the only one that can’t offer any meta and therefore I’ll never have the full picture that others seem to have. It’s slightly alienating but I’m trying to keep up.
1. No one has the full picture
2. Posts like these are half the reason i can’t seem to comfortably town read KJQ. I feel like she keeps reiterating that she is alienated and confused and struggling to make reads, but i also dont actually feel that anxiety in her posting. I don’t really know how else to explain it
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:02 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

I would love to have Titus’ opinion on things once they’re caught up. I feel l can’t factor Titus in anywhere until they post something with game substance.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:05 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 841, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 835, Dannflor wrote: rereading naerys vs hu tao and it just feels like two townies who desperately believe they are Correct
If this becomes the majority consensus, I better start rereading this thread because I focused way too much of my energy on figuring out who I believed on the Hu vs Naerys drama just to realize I should’ve been paying more attention to psyche’s read on NAS or the 3 votes on gera that happened in quick succession.
Oh and like idk

What is stopping you just clicking psyche’s ISO or the post i just quoted and seeing what you think about it right now?

it feels performative to talk about all the work you gotta do or that you might have to do or that you should’ve done before because if you’re town and genuinely interested in solving, i don’t get why your energies aren’t just focused on doing the solving now

pedit: drew (titus’ predecessor) made posts! What do you think of those??
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:08 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 837, Dannflor wrote: the thing about gera is he can put out substantially more content than this D1 as both alignments

however, i do think he’s more prone to leaning on his “d1 sux” schtick and talking about that schtick to subsidize his content as scum. i think he’s been a little over explainy about his actions instead of just owning them
I've felt the need to be more forthcoming this game because there hasn't really been anyone who has done it for me this time. I can normally rely on someone like Enchant to do it for me, but no one has and there feels more players in this game I don't recognise (notascum, Aristeia, Political Clout and KayJayQueue) so had to fill the void.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

eh i guess i believe psyche believes in their case on NAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:09 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 842, Dannflor wrote:
In post 558, KayJayQueue wrote: I worry that the minute I give my opinion on my gut feeling on a few I am strongly feeling are town, I’m going to get responses that say “oh I’ve played with them before, they do this as scum” “don’t pay attention to that” etc etc. I feel like I’m the only one that can’t offer any meta and therefore I’ll never have the full picture that others seem to have. It’s slightly alienating but I’m trying to keep up.
1. No one has the full picture
2. Posts like these are half the reason i can’t seem to comfortably town read KJQ. I feel like she keeps reiterating that she is alienated and confused and struggling to make reads, but i also dont actually feel that anxiety in her posting. I don’t really know how else to explain it
I’m a very anxious person but also a very thorough writer and I express myself best when writing. I only feel alienated when people start referencing other games and meta reads on people’s behavior because it means nothing at all to me unless I just take everyone’s word for it. I suppose I also feel a bit out of the loop when I don’t understand the game terms being used but I feel too embarrassed to continually ask for clarification because I feel like I’m just annoying people at that point.

I won’t deny that I’m struggling to make reads on the people that are either: not engaging with me, or: not engaging at all. I’m probably playing overly-cautious (in my own way, some overly cautious people might just shut up, obviously that’s not me) but I’m just trying to be thorough.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:14 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Doctor Drew felt very one dimensional
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:17 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I understand being anxious. Also, please feel free to ask questions and ask about game terms and also to change your mind and be uncertain. No one is going to get annoyed.

to be frank, my issue right now is that I can’t distinguish whether you are town too anxious about being wrong, or mafia using that as a front to look good

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”