Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:13 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1295, Psyche wrote: why does naerys even choose to stick around as town for so long after her self vote? at best it stretches credibility. rather than giving up on the game, i think she's been invested this whole time and believing that lurking provides a low effort way to sidestep suspicion
I guess I assumed if someone really felt done with the game and wanted out, they’d ask to be replaced? Staying around has to mean she actually does care about playing. I just don’t understand the way she’s been going about it. I’m extremely confused and all the theories are making my head spin because even these theories don’t explain everything she’s done.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:15 pm

Post by Psyche »

think klick is leaning way too hard on meta here. if there really are such night and day differences between naeyrs's town and scum play then taking advantage of that meta to justify lurking is child's play. if naerys had let the thread "get to her" then her performance of disengagement and disillusionment here would be more total
You can't step in the same river twice.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:15 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1298, Psyche wrote: naeyrs's activity patterns suggest that she's at least skimmed all 52 pages of this game
I've stuck around and read games that I also felt like I wanted no part in before
I've also sat around in threads just to have arguments with people I was annoyed with to no real positive end
It gives off the same vibes
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:15 pm

Post by Political Clout »

In post 1300, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1295, Psyche wrote: why does naerys even choose to stick around as town for so long after her self vote? at best it stretches credibility. rather than giving up on the game, i think she's been invested this whole time and believing that lurking provides a low effort way to sidestep suspicion
I guess I assumed if someone really felt done with the game and wanted out, they’d ask to be replaced? Staying around has to mean she actually does care about playing. I just don’t understand the way she’s been going about it. I’m extremely confused and all the theories are making my head spin because even these theories don’t explain everything she’s done.
be careful close to breaking the rules.
Ya basic!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:16 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1253, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1244, Naerys wrote: I know i am town and from my point of view it kinda feels like trying to topple a struggling wagon
um my theory is about your motivation to save hu tao who is on your team

so if people think its a good theory, the lim today would be hu tao not you

so its literally the opposite of what you're accusing me of doing.
This is 0 sense. You are back on the list of 6
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:16 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1301, Psyche wrote: think klick is leaning way too hard on meta here. if there really are such night and day differences between naeyrs's town and scum play then taking advantage of that meta to justify lurking is child's play. if naerys had let the thread "get to her" then her performance of disengagement and disillusionment here would be more total
I flatly and strongly disagree with this take
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:17 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1258, Klick wrote: Frankly I think the narrative of 'this is all a very intentional scum ploy from Naerys' is ridiculous and she's obviously not enjoying this or having much intentionality in how she feels about this and I have no clue why Hu Tao thinks that's at all plausible
She can be scum and not enjoying
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:17 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1290, Political Clout wrote:
In post 1289, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1283, Political Clout wrote:
it's not like it was a secret.
Well, I guess it just didn’t register to me then. Because last I remember you were pretty adamant on Aristeia and then the next big thing was the NAS joke issue so I guess I didn’t realize klick was a problem for you. Speaking of, why is Ari suddenly town for you? Just her interaction with Titus earlier?
that's all it takes. like a bolt from the heavens really.
So with that, now that you feel Ari is leaning town, what do you think about her SvS theory about naerys and hu? I’d like to hear your opinion.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:18 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1306, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1258, Klick wrote: Frankly I think the narrative of 'this is all a very intentional scum ploy from Naerys' is ridiculous and she's obviously not enjoying this or having much intentionality in how she feels about this and I have no clue why Hu Tao thinks that's at all plausible
She can be scum and not enjoying
I think the reason she's not enjoying is linked to her being town
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:18 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1259, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1246, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1242, Aristeia wrote: the last mini normal he modded had a town IC/Ninja enabler that killing it would make the mafia not ninjas.

the mini normal before that had an alien enabler mafia which if limmed disabled a town tpr.
the point I'm making here is that because of the complex rating and the mod meta there can be distinction between the scum roles such that one scum role would be much better for the town to yeet than another.

and if naerys is the weaker scum role and she distanced off Hu tao (the stronger scum role) and then hu tao got mad at her because the direction of the bussing is wrong that would explain the tilt that went on in the thread.

Funny you mention that.

If I’m killed it harms Scum’s power. That’s all I’m willing to say right now.
We all know you wouldn't say that if that was the case. Doctor or bodyguard be on Nurse. I don't want a fake claim later and they weren't on you
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:19 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1303, Political Clout wrote:
In post 1300, KayJayQueue wrote:
be careful close to breaking the rules.
Wait, please tell me, I didn’t realize anything I said was close to rule breaking and I feel like I’ve reread them many times. Which part is against the rules?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:19 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1305, Klick wrote:
In post 1301, Psyche wrote: think klick is leaning way too hard on meta here. if there really are such night and day differences between naeyrs's town and scum play then taking advantage of that meta to justify lurking is child's play. if naerys had let the thread "get to her" then her performance of disengagement and disillusionment here would be more total
I flatly and strongly disagree with this take
then i guess one of us gets bragging rights once the slot flips
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:20 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1270, Klick wrote:
In post 1269, Random Nurse wrote: ITT Klick predictably continues to run cover for Naerys.
I know it's uncomfortable territory for you not being paranoid of everyone in the game
:lol:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:21 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1278, Political Clout wrote: town is
Me
Rn
not a scum
titus
hu tao
naerys
dann - leaning town
aristea - leaning town

Im unsure of Dave

i'm leaning scum on
kjq
klick
gera
psyche
If you're scum gera is probably scum
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:22 pm

Post by Psyche »

i completely agree naerys is sincerely not enjoying the game; this could explain why her play doesn't currently fit w her supposed scum meta. but when i'm not enjoying a game as scum, withdrawing while maintaining the bare minimum of activity is usually the least i can do for my teammates
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:23 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

Well after rereading the rules again, I want to be perfectly clear that I am not telling anyone that they should ask to be replaced. I was just stating an assumption I had about how people were playing and what it meant. I hope no one actually took it that way, as that was not my intention in the slightest.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:23 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1299, Klick wrote:
She's butthurt that Hu Tao isn't dying and she's getting suspected. It's explained more by her feeling ignored and like she's right and everyone else is wrong, as opposed to people leaning more towards accurately finding her as scum.
Naerys doesn't dislike me or anything. She's just scum this game. Trust
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:23 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

This is her way to survive
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:24 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1314, Psyche wrote: i completely agree naerys is sincerely not enjoying the game; this could explain why her play doesn't currently fit w her supposed scum meta. but when i'm not enjoying a game as scum, withdrawing while maintaining the bare minimum of activity is usually the least i can do for my teammates
I don't think Naerys' lack of enjoyment is explainable from a scum perspective

She's salty because she thinks Hu is getting away with murder and she's spiting the town for it by trying to implode

If she's scum she was responding to a standard amount of pressure that she would be prepared to face as scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:26 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1318, Klick wrote: If she's scum she was responding to a standard amount of pressure that she would be prepared to face as scum

consider posts like and

i think there could be an element of "caught for the wrong reasons" frustration if scum
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:26 pm

Post by Psyche »

klick how do you generally distinguish between town lurking and scum lurking?

i'll give that it's not my strong suit; this naeyrs scumread is my best effort at it. is your approach to examine meta?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:26 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 1309, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1259, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1246, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1242, Aristeia wrote: the last mini normal he modded had a town IC/Ninja enabler that killing it would make the mafia not ninjas.

the mini normal before that had an alien enabler mafia which if limmed disabled a town tpr.
the point I'm making here is that because of the complex rating and the mod meta there can be distinction between the scum roles such that one scum role would be much better for the town to yeet than another.

and if naerys is the weaker scum role and she distanced off Hu tao (the stronger scum role) and then hu tao got mad at her because the direction of the bussing is wrong that would explain the tilt that went on in the thread.

Funny you mention that.

If I’m killed it harms Scum’s power. That’s all I’m willing to say right now.
We all know you wouldn't say that if that was the case. Doctor or bodyguard be on Nurse. I don't want a fake claim later and they weren't on you

I’m also Macho so Scum needs to target me ASAP.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:27 pm

Post by Klick »

It doesn't feel like caught for the wrong reasons at all
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:28 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 1312, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1270, Klick wrote:
In post 1269, Random Nurse wrote: ITT Klick predictably continues to run cover for Naerys.
I know it's uncomfortable territory for you not being paranoid of everyone in the game
:lol:

As Town it’s both normal and expected for me to be paranoid of everyone in the game.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:28 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

UNVOTE: Psyche