Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:04 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

If you somehow had a reliable method to appear town in even over 50% of your games, you would probably have some mastery over some part of human psychology and should probably be doing better things besides / in addition to playing Mafia.

This really boils down to "Mafia would be fundamentally flawed if there were a general method to fool people into believing that you are town."
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:06 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 300, Jake The Wolfie wrote: If you somehow had a reliable method to appear town in even over 50% of your games, you would probably have some mastery over some part of human psychology and should probably be doing better things besides / in addition to playing Mafia.

This really boils down to "Mafia would be fundamentally flawed if there were a general method to fool people into believing that you are town."
And what if Mafia is what it... normally, finds relaxing? What if Mafia is a place where it can be somewhat unethical and experiment with the human condition and just have fun?

It feels like there are people who are good enough to do this... and who do this for fun, it doesn't know if it is among them, it aspires to be? But it believes it to be possible.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:06 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 300, Jake The Wolfie wrote: you would probably have some mastery over some part of human psychology and should probably be doing better things besides / in addition to playing Mafia.
i have plenty of other things i should be doing instead, this is accurate
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:08 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 302, Firebringer wrote:
In post 300, Jake The Wolfie wrote: you would probably have some mastery over some part of human psychology and should probably be doing better things besides / in addition to playing Mafia.
Such items include: Barking at Cats, Setting precious treasures on fire, working closely with law enforcement?
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

june lets pretend we are sorting each other for a minute.
whats my alignment?

ill give u a free will not vote u for a day just for answering this question
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 303, Oblivion wrote:
Such items include: Barking at Cats, Setting precious treasures on fire, working closely with law enforcement?
i only do two of these things
Show

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:10 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 305, Firebringer wrote:
You and Officer Jenny no longer have a working relationship? What happened?
But not older.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:10 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 306, Oblivion wrote:
she got a meowth. Unacceptable
Show

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:13 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 307, Firebringer wrote:
In post 306, Oblivion wrote:
she got a meowth. Unacceptable
A travesty, to be certain.

While it has your ear, is there legitimately any way it is going to be able to get straight answers out of you if it tries to pick your brain and get a Mental Model of you or will you just make jokes at its expense and then do a kickflip into a nose grind away? (Its current model of you indicates you will do the later, but it's hoping it is wrong).
But not older.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:15 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i like to think of myself as unpredictable, but i may answer ur questions pretty forthcoming, really will depend on my mood and how willing i am to unravel the mysteries of my mind. I like many people work better with pointed questions, so if u really want to get insight into what i am thinking u will probably ask decent enough questions from what ive seen u ask so far.

But I will give very lazy answers to lazy questions most of the time. So if u ask me general question. What is ur read of X. I will give u a very brief answer if one at all.
Show

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:17 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 301, Oblivion wrote:
In post 300, Jake The Wolfie wrote: If you somehow had a reliable method to appear town in even over 50% of your games, you would probably have some mastery over some part of human psychology and should probably be doing better things besides / in addition to playing Mafia.

And what if Mafia is what it... normally, finds relaxing? What if Mafia is a place where it can be somewhat unethical and experiment with the human condition and just have fun?

It feels like there are people who are good enough to do this... and who do this for fun, it doesn't know if it is among them, it aspires to be? But it believes it to be possible.
I think there's also the note that if someone had demonstrated mastery over trickery, that person would recieve special scrutiny by anyone not wishing to be made a fool of again.

In any case, this is all mafia theory and would be better suited for a mafia discussion thread. As for the original point, people don't get indoctrinated into the townbloc because, like, they flashed The Doctor's psychic paper to unsuspecting victims. They get into the townbloc because they've both been generally townread by enough people and because they are actively helping the town win the game.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:18 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 309, Firebringer wrote: i like to think of myself as unpredictable, but i may answer ur questions pretty forthcoming, really will depend on my mood and how willing i am to unravel the mysteries of my mind. I like many people work better with pointed questions, so if u really want to get insight into what i am thinking u will probably ask decent enough questions from what ive seen u ask so far.

But I will give very lazy answers to lazy questions most of the time. So if u ask me general question. What is ur read of X. I will give u a very brief answer if one at all.
Okay, that's sufficient. Let it see if it can examine back through the game and decide what questions would inform it best about you? Give it.... 5 minutes, tops. It won't barrage you with questions either, it's thinking 2 or 3? To start, at least. Not "for the whole game". You get it, it thinks.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:24 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 80, Firebringer wrote: if i was pretending to solve the game, I would go with June as one scum.
But I am not pretending to solve right now.

I am too busy chilling in the PT with penguinpower, talking about anime
It takes you as a player who at least considers the impact of statements you make while you make them, and this statement still rings as the most engagable from you for me, so let me start here.

Rather than asking you "why do you think June is scum here?" I want to know the following two things

1) What from June's reactions to this post and posting after the fact when you supposedly discovered their alt made you flip your read on this player?
2) Given that you now do think June is town (is its understanding, correct it if not), what do you think of other players reactions to this post and interactions with June in hindsight? Is there any player in particular you think looks worse in a world where June is town?
But not older.

June
June
Any
Townie
June
Any
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:26 pm

Post by June »

In post 304, Firebringer wrote: june lets pretend we are sorting each other for a minute.
whats my alignment?

ill give u a free will not vote u for a day just for answering this question
eugh

town i guess
you feel different than anuket topaz but it's hard to verbalize
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:27 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 310, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 301, Oblivion wrote:

I think there's also the note that if someone had demonstrated mastery over trickery, that person would recieve special scrutiny by anyone not wishing to be made a fool of again.

In any case, this is all mafia theory and would be better suited for a mafia discussion thread. As for the original point, people don't get indoctrinated into the townbloc because, like, they flashed The Doctor's psychic paper to unsuspecting victims. They get into the townbloc because they've both been generally townread by enough people and because they are actively helping the town win the game.
Sure, let's depart from theory and into the game.

You've done more relevant words to help it understand your Mental Model here regarding something that can't even begin to be considered alignment indicative than you have about the entire actual game so far. It gets from you that you have, in yourself, at least some confidence in your ability to read and play this game, and so my question is this: Where are your reads, why aren't you engaging with players to generate content, and why are you so comfortable sitting back and letting things play out without your thumb on the scale, so to speak?
But not older.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:29 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 312, Oblivion wrote: Rather than asking you "why do you think June is scum here?" I want to know the following two things

1) What from June's reactions to this post and posting after the fact when you supposedly discovered their alt made you flip your read on this player?
2) Given that you now do think June is town (is its understanding, correct it if not), what do you think of other players reactions to this post and interactions with June in hindsight? Is there any player in particular you think looks worse in a world where June is town?
1) I wouldn't say my read flipped on June. I would say I am more cautious. I think June main is one i am more likely to feel those posts made by June are less alignment indicative so I am waiting for her to do something I consider scummy. I do think her comment about being a powerful role is a lie though.
2) Well I don't think June is town. Are u talking about all the posts in which people swept in immediately and called June town? Wasn't that Dunnyboi and Gob?

Gob is like a contrarian to me.
Dunnyboi usually disagrees with me.

So I didn't take too much stock in it. If June is in fact town I would say gob overreaction could be white knighting if i really decided to squint harder, but I could see the reverse being just as true that June talk with cats and such was just subtle buddying of Gob or something.
Show

June
June
Any
Townie
June
Any
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:30 pm

Post by June »

i just like talking about warrior cats
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:30 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 316, June wrote: i just like talking about warrior cats
this is why i say its not alignment indicative
Show

June
June
Any
Townie
June
Any
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:31 pm

Post by June »

I would not use the sanctity of my warrior cats to do something so heinous like buddying
June
June
Any
Townie
June
Any
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:32 pm

Post by June »

i actually dont think in general 'this' is how i would play as a wolf anymore it's not really fun to do nothing and then die for it
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:32 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 315, Firebringer wrote:
In post 312, Oblivion wrote: Rather than asking you "why do you think June is scum here?" I want to know the following two things

1) I wouldn't say my read flipped on June. I would say I am more cautious. I think June main is one i am more likely to feel those posts made by June are less alignment indicative so I am waiting for her to do something I consider scummy. I do think her comment about being a powerful role is a lie though.
2) Well I don't think June is town.
Are u talking about all the posts in which people swept in immediately and called June town?
Wasn't that Dunnyboi and Gob?

Gob is like a contrarian to me.
Dunnyboi usually disagrees with me.

So I didn't take too much stock in it. If June is in fact town I would say gob overreaction could be white knighting if i really decided to squint harder, but I could see the reverse being just as true that June talk with cats and such was just subtle buddying of Gob or something.
It was, yes. Sorry if it was being vague, it didn't want to exactly spoonfeed you what it was thinking of, but make enough reference so that you would understand?

Then, between Gob and Dunn and June right now, if you were forced to shoot one of them, who would you kill? Follow up question, if that player flipped town, who among the whole playerbase would you shoot with that information? Actually, if they flip scum, who would you shoot too?
But not older.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:32 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i think u shouldn't talk about warrior cats at all
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:33 pm

Post by Firebringer »

@oblivion out of those three i would kill Gob right now
Show

June
June
Any
Townie
June
Any
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:34 pm

Post by June »

In post 321, Firebringer wrote: i think u shouldn't talk about warrior cats at all
I think you should feel the firey shot of my vigilante gun at night for saying this
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

idk who i would kill regardless of what Gob flipped. I haven't really been thinking about any associations if gob was scum. I don't even really think gob is scum right now, we are assuming a lot of things at this point and bound to be wrong on a few assumptions.

If gob is town then idk what that means for June or Dunnyboi
If gob is scum it probably means at least June is town
Show

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”