he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:27 am

Post by gob »

In post 770, Firebringer wrote:
In post 763, gob wrote:
In post 762, May wrote: Are you left handed?
no im a right handed dude but i really have a thing for left handed women (and men honedtly)
well i can write with both hands.....
lead the way, you have the strongest power level
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:28 am

Post by gob »

In post 773, June wrote: i have paws
crazy
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:28 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 726, davesaz wrote:
In post 724, Oblivion wrote: It had a very hard day yesterday, and it has now fallen ill. It is reading along as the game goes to ensure it remains caught up, so it will not fall behind. To assist it, can players provide it things that they want its take on or ask it questions by quoting this post so it can receive notifications to respond to when it has energy again?

It would be very grateful, friends.
Any thoughts on the very spread out vote count, with many people voting players who are virtually certain to have a PR?
In post 178, davesaz wrote:
In post 164, Oblivion wrote:
In post 158, davesaz wrote:
In post 144, Dunnstral wrote: Can you show an example of two mafia picking the same draft number in a previous version of this setup?
The point is that they could, not that they will. Whether they have or not is immaterial, gambler's fallacy.
This is a game of "could"s, though. Determining what is more likely and staking your moves on that, then adapting with new information is the entire methodology of the game.

Simply stating that because somehting "could" happen that we shouldn't act upon the idea that it is unlikely and attempt to solve with a mentality in mind feels reductive and dismissive, to it.

It thinks there is a good line of reasoning and ability to choose where to look first in the logic it has presented. It even stated that it wasn't willing to say it was a certainty, and yet here we are discussing in a circle about "if something IS possible then we should consider both worlds" instead of hedging and using logic to try and eliminate worlds until proven otherwise.
Eliminating people from consideration as possible scum without evidence from their posting and votes (and before mechanical results but that comes later) is one of the worst things town can do.
Not sure why it's focusing on when it didn't even say anything until , care to explain that aspect of the points it's making?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:30 am

Post by davesaz »

Big difference between day 1 and later days.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:38 am

Post by gob »

fucking hungry dude
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:39 am

Post by gob »

posts made whilr texting a dxriving are mote accurate
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:39 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm right-handed.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:45 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 778, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 724, Oblivion wrote: It had a very hard day yesterday, and it has now fallen ill. It is reading along as the game goes to ensure it remains caught up, so it will not fall behind. To assist it, can players provide it things that they want its take on or ask it questions by quoting this post so it can receive notifications to respond to when it has energy again?

Any thoughts on the very spread out vote count, with many people voting players who are virtually certain to have a PR?
In post 144, Dunnstral wrote: Can you show an example of two mafia picking the same draft number in a previous version of this setup?
The point is that they could, not that they will. Whether they have or not is immaterial, gambler's fallacy.
This is a game of "could"s, though. Determining what is more likely and staking your moves on that, then adapting with new information is the entire methodology of the game.

Simply stating that because somehting "could" happen that we shouldn't act upon the idea that it is unlikely and attempt to solve with a mentality in mind feels reductive and dismissive, to it.

It thinks there is a good line of reasoning and ability to choose where to look first in the logic it has presented. It even stated that it wasn't willing to say it was a certainty, and yet here we are discussing in a circle about "if something IS possible then we should consider both worlds" instead of hedging and using logic to try and eliminate worlds until proven otherwise.
Eliminating people from consideration as possible scum without evidence from their posting and votes (and before mechanical results but that comes later) is one of the worst things town can do.
Not sure why it's focusing on when it didn't even say anything until , care to explain that aspect of the points it's making?
What I believe Dave (or David / other ancient characters if he prefers) means in these two posts is that we should be consolidating votes onto the same person today to build pressure onto them and see how they react. In this day, we aren't eliminating possibilities, but searching them.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 779, davesaz wrote: Big difference between day 1 and later days.
Eliminating scum is eliminating scum. If people have reason to suspect someone of being scum, what's it matter where they are in the power role hierarchy?
June
June
Any
Townie
June
Any
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:51 am

Post by June »

I'm not gonna talk about how many paws i have that's rude to ask
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:53 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 783, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 778, Brian Skies wrote:

What I believe Dave (or David / other ancient characters if he prefers) means in these two posts is that we should be consolidating votes onto the same person today to build pressure onto them and see how they react. In this day, we aren't eliminating possibilities, but searching them.
Wrong.

He's saying we shouldn't be removing people from elimination consideration without sufficient evidence to back it up. In the second post, he is basically refuting the idea of deciding who to or not to vote based on draft information alone.

In the first vote, he almost flips this stance by stating that likelihood of PR matters.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:57 am

Post by May »

In post 785, June wrote: I'm not gonna talk about how many paws i have that's rude to ask
You said you had between 2 and positive infinity paws though! in front of polite company!
June
June
Any
Townie
June
Any
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:58 am

Post by June »

No!!!!!!!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:13 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 786, Brian Skies wrote: Wrong.

He's saying we shouldn't be removing people from elimination consideration without sufficient evidence to back it up. In the second post, he is basically refuting the idea of deciding who to or not to vote based on draft information alone.

In the first vote, he almost flips this stance by stating that likelihood of PR matters.
The PR or not PR always matters. In this game we have extra information that allows us to not run up a bunch of people and get their claims prematurely, thus depriving scum of the best way of deciding which of the expected PRs is the highest priority to kill.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:16 am

Post by davesaz »

I always make the exact same arguments every game of this setup or its ilk, regardless of my position in the draft. I even argued against taking me out of the scum pool when I was town and happened to double (or maybe it was triple).
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:16 am

Post by May »

How many paws do you think I have
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:35 am

Post by the worst »

In post 742, Dannflor wrote: i'll be around in a couple hours
omg hi big fan
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:36 am

Post by the worst »

In post 756, gob wrote: forebringer seems to be mafia to me
I actually don't super hate this take but I'm not sure if it's trendy enough to go for rn
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:39 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 785, June wrote: I'm not gonna talk about how many paws i have that's rude to ask
clearly the answer is half of one
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:22 pm

Post by the worst »

Halfpaw sounds like one of those early season warrior names where it makes sense but then you try to guess why they were called Halfkit and dissociate thru the floor
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:29 pm

Post by gob »

yea
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:43 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Duckland, what are your thoughts on gob? Would you agree that their posting is lacking?
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:50 pm

Post by May »

Duck have I played with town you
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:57 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Is anybody solving yet or are we still twiddling our bits?

I just wanna plan my weekend
(I may or may not have been high when I typed this.)

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”