Mini Theme 2330 - A Questionable Almost-Normal Game - Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:17 pm

Post by Alianna »

Votecount 1.19

Laplacian (4): Hu Tao, light_ganski, Black, Ranger
light_ganski (3): Doctor Drew, Titus, Laplacian
Ranger (1): DkKoba
DkKoba (1): usesPython
Doctor Drew (1): JacksonVirgo
ketchup777 (1): ketchup777

Not Voting (2): Arko, Political Clout

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to secure an execution.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-03-09 00:53:57).

Mod Notes: The combined mod ISO is here.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 24
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:19 pm

Post by Titus »

I agree with Hu Tao that the VCs will be important but I disagree with Hu Tao's reads. For now, I am content with one of us being the village idiot.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:31 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

VOTE: Ganski
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:36 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 945, Ranger wrote: {JacksonVirgo, usesPython}
{Hu Tao}
{ketchup777}
{Black}
{Political Clout, Doctor Drew}
{Laplacian}
{Titus}
{light_ganski}
{DKKoba}

P37
you'd think someone who has misread me embarassingly twice in the past as town would have more care about me being at the bottom again, but then again i think ranger is just scum by POE anyways, and theyre just trying to ignore my towny points intentionally to paint me as a possible scumread. somehow going from top early on to bottom do be wild
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:39 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 949, Political Clout wrote:
In post 838, Laplacian wrote: reads list time

towny:

usesPython: great catch in . I can't see scum cross-referencing lists & pages like that.
ketchup: while I don't agree with their reads, they're actively trying to scumhunt and think
drew: good logic, I like how he argued with both usesPython and JV

neutral:

HT: i said they were towny earlier, but that dropped back to neutral after mischaracterizng me in JOAT.
JacksonVirgo: frustation over tunneling chat seems genuine. But I can't tell is frustration is from not wanting to admit tunnel or scum mad that their pushed collapsed. good taste in gifs tho
DkKoba: miller claim, ignore until d3 unless something super scummy happens

scummy:

Ranger: still dont like dem magic lists. Super easy to fake the progression to just coast along with prevailing opinions while looking like you're scumhunting
light_ganski: see

Everyone else either has low posts or I'm having trouble reading still.
I for the life of me can't see how any of this is alignment indicative.

UNVOTE:
i hadnt had time to read anything but my own section at which i was ??? that makes no sense to have me bottom 3 and somehow say "yeah this has to be waited to resolve"
jackson being a secondary scumread then is like ?/?

im also pretty sure light ganski is like a scum wanted miskill because yeah i know i personally was hard on light early on but after looking deeper i was able to figure out this was just them as town too?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:44 pm

Post by DkKoba »

can someone talk to me about ketchup btw

i still like. wanna bin them as town but in the case of the bottom 3 i have is wrong somehow - i have had some weird feelings from some ketchup posts like . not that its bad just that it feels like "scum posting well" if u know what i mean. still dont think theyre the play d1 (im very obstinate about order, i dont like to hero eliminate or what have u, im very midgroundy xD)

but yea.

i kinda feel weird bc i know i dont feel like that motivation to really go hard on anyone esp since i dont wanna like clash with ranger/JV/drew really in a way that makes the game toxic (even tho 2/3 i have held suspicion on I've tried to push it in a more passive way ig)

i also just get this really weird vibe that scum are waiting for there to be a push on me and thats why ive gotten such a cold shoulder overall??? like my brain is having trouble comprehend whats going on here lol

i need someone to help me get into the game better i guess and i hate to admit it but yeah.

i can at least promise that as long as we dont potato and kill a slot like python i can do much better on day 2 if anything lol
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i dont have good vocal reasoning for a lot of myreads which kinda makes me feel self conscious but i feel like i have a decent grasp on what im seeing if that makes sense lol
retired
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:47 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 953, DkKoba wrote:you'd think someone who has misread me embarassingly twice in the past as town would have more care about me being at the bottom again, but then again i think ranger is just scum by POE anyways, and theyre just trying to ignore my towny points intentionally to paint me as a possible scumread. somehow going from top early on to bottom do be wild
This feels highly disingenuous.

I didn’t vibe with some of your recent postings. I’m not even voting you. I don’t truly scumread you. In that snapshot, I have everyone as more town, yet by razor thin margins.

You seem oddly defensive, especially for someone who literally asked why you weren’t being scumread.

Perhaps you’d like to explain the discrepancy in attitudes?
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:47 pm

Post by DkKoba »

doing a readslist now i realized that arko hasnt posted for quite a while lmao but i remember them being fairly towny in posting
retired
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:48 pm

Post by Political Clout »

arko has never posted
Ya basic!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:48 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 957, Ranger wrote:
In post 953, DkKoba wrote:you'd think someone who has misread me embarassingly twice in the past as town would have more care about me being at the bottom again, but then again i think ranger is just scum by POE anyways, and theyre just trying to ignore my towny points intentionally to paint me as a possible scumread. somehow going from top early on to bottom do be wild

I didn’t vibe with some of your recent postings. I’m not even voting you. I don’t truly scumread you. In that snapshot, I have everyone as more town, yet by razor thin margins.

You seem oddly defensive, especially for someone who literally asked why you weren’t being scumread.

"oddly defensive" - how so?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:49 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 959, Political Clout wrote: arko has never posted
i had a mafia dream the other night and that must have been where i seen it because my brain really felt convinced he posted
retired
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:51 pm

In post 955, DkKoba wrote: can someone talk to me about ketchup btw
we can talk about ketchup but I don't know. I feel like it might be a bit unproductive.
Ya basic!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ketchup777
usesPython
Doctor Drew
JacksonVirgo
Political Clout
Hu Tao
light_ganski
Black
Titus
Laplacian
Ranger
Arko*

this is generally where I'm at right now
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 962, Political Clout wrote:
we can talk about ketchup but I don't know. I feel like it might be a bit unproductive.
im ngl i reread their ISO and i immediately was like "nah this is not scum lol" lmao

ketchup has basically been all over this game and in a way that suggests independence and uninformedness. like if theyre scum who is it with? i guess one could make the argument with me but obviously I personally otherwise would be unable to see that argument xd

although my uneasy feeling could very well be from the fact there might be a traitor/traitors and thus we are among somewhat uninformed scum. idk.
retired
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:54 pm

Post by Ranger »

For example, I certainly haven’t Downplayed anything about Koba being town. I have made no efforts to push Koba. I’ve even engaged Koba. I specified I wasn’t happy with the bottom reads (including Koba), and never said I had become happy; that Koba is at the bottom is something which is explicitly dissatisfactory.

Yet the moment Koba drops to the bottom, once, they instantly react aggressively to it, despite the highly fluid nature of my reads and all prior reasons. It’s odd.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:55 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok
retired
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:56 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 960, DkKoba wrote:

For a slot who literally asked why you weren’t being scumread, you seem to have an overreaction to even the potential I
could
scumread you, despite you literally asking what made you town and believing there wasn’t anything.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:56 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i said my piece, i wont make myself a backboard for you to make easy content, cheers.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:56 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 967, Ranger wrote:
In post 960, DkKoba wrote:

For a slot who literally asked why you weren’t being scumread, you seem to have an overreaction to even the potential I
could
scumread you, despite you literally asking what made you town and believing there wasn’t anything.
yeah is that weird for me? :)
retired
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:09 pm

In post 952, JacksonVirgo wrote: VOTE: Ganski
what convinced you to vote ganski?
Ya basic!
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:10 pm

In post 964, DkKoba wrote:
In post 962, Political Clout wrote:
im ngl i reread their ISO and i immediately was like "nah this is not scum lol" lmao

ketchup has basically been all over this game and in a way that suggests independence and uninformedness
. like if theyre scum who is it with? i guess one could make the argument with me but obviously I personally otherwise would be unable to see that argument xd

although my uneasy feeling could very well be from the fact there might be a traitor/traitors and thus we are among somewhat uninformed scum. idk.
can you expand on this. I guess I do wanna talk about ketchup.
Ya basic!
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:17 pm

Post by light_ganski »

In post 706, usesPython wrote:
In post 438, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 21, usesPython wrote:
In post 12, DkKoba wrote:
In post 7, Doctor Drew wrote: VOTE: Koba

Just to get it out of my system lol
nice try but i claim uncc miller VOTE: usespython
koba making this joke in a way that lets people laugh it off as a joke but would get a miller to say something feels kinda bad
why would mafia benefit from knowing who's a miller? if i understand correctly, something like 'miller gunsmith' is possible? or is miller a role not a modifier
This is a setup where
Setup
  1. Mafia Goon

2. Mafia Goon

3. Mafia Goon

4. Town Cop

5. Town Miller

6. Town Miller

7. Town Miller

8. Town Miller

9. Town Miller

10. Town Miller

11. Town Miller

12. Town Miller

13. Vanilla Townie

is a realistic possibility that scum have to play around. In that example not claiming miller would be a pretty big scumclaim that scum could easily walk into
why are we doing day one setup speculation on the basis of one miller claim

like if theres something I'm missing here pls do tell
A work in progress
my GTKAS // get to know a ganski

"The philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it".
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:25 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 154, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 147, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 106, Black wrote: VOTE: LG

I think the mindset displayed in is probably more likely to come from scum. Scum don't want townies to find each other and it feels like she's bothered that I have a gut townread already
I was actually about to say that she seems different from the last game I was in where she was scum. Do you have any experience with her?
I agree I’m getting townie vibes from light, and from you, hu tao (:

I’d rather be attacked by dragons
than join these crappy day 1 wagons
In post 91, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 90, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 86, ketchup777 wrote: I feel like I’m posting too much, sorry
Leave some posts for the rest of us, damnnnn
I tried to but noone told me if they would prefer to be a horse or a dung beetle :(

Very tragic :cry: :cry:
In post 63, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 58, Black wrote: kinda feels like a townie post
in tone but not in content methinks as disengagement tends to maf probably but who knowssss
In post 62, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 59, usesPython wrote:
In post 57, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 55, usesPython wrote: The slip makes the PC vote more reasonable though

UNVOTE: PC
not really judging you in a bad way but out of curiosity why would that mean you unvote?
PC's vote felt pretty forced but they have forced votes as town too so we were looking for a trigger that would cause them to meta you in there
Ok sure I thought it was just to get out of RvS
In post 138, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 135, Titus wrote:
In post 134, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 127, Titus wrote:
in tone but not in content methinks as disengagement tends to maf probably but
who knowssss
Don't like the fencesitting.
I would never
VOTE: Titus
Bolded for emphasis. What do you call who knows if not fencesitting?
no you're right that may seem like I was unwilling to take a side. I'm just not confident in reads yet. I wasn't denying fencesitting there though, I meant (by voting you) I was not fencesitting. partly as a joke but hey I also don't really see get you're on me
In post 158, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 27, light_ganski wrote:
let's all go scumhunting!

VOTE: Doctor Drew
In post 71, light_ganski wrote:
like I think a lot of what people on this site read as indicative of inexperienced scum is really more indicative of town that doesn't know site meta/culture yet
In post 75, light_ganski wrote:
In post 49, Ranger wrote: {DKKoba}
{Doctor Drew}
{Laplacian}
{usesPython}
{ketchup777}
{Hu Tao}

P1.

VOTE: DKKoba
lol
hi ranger I do not understand how you do the lists so early, pls explain

like is it all just vibes or is there anything more there
Light:

This sentence brought me joy. It reminded me of we‘re going on a bearhunt. I imagined Light as an innocent child (not of the role variety), holding hands with the rest of us as we set off into the sunset.

seems like a decent point

I was also curious about Ranger‘s lists, so someone on the same wavelength as me might be coming from the same alignment (the townnnn don’t frownnn the maf are going downnn
this part is in brownnn
)
In post 167, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 163, Political Clout wrote:
In post 134, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 127, Titus wrote:
in tone but not in content methinks as disengagement tends to maf probably but who knowssss
Don't like the fencesitting.
I would never
VOTE: Titus
wasn't ketchup saying I was scum? odd.
I’m open minded. I only like 55%ed you scum, or whatever the scum%is + 5%.Titus attacking me a few times and not acknowledging my has hit me the wrong way. half joke half scum read
In post 168, ketchup777 wrote: anyway, where’s Arko? confirmed a while ago but nothing here
In post 225, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 215, Black wrote:
In post 206, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 198, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 196, ketchup777 wrote: mmm I’m more confused. I thought she was just doing a bit of general probing to put me under pressure and stuff. what are you getting at?
What I'm getting at is that it's weird that you seemingly are not considering that the difference is that I'm a wolf this game. You're thinking the difference is within you first and foremost, even when you're not town-reading me which would be the only reason I would imagine this not come across in your head.
Oh ok i see.

Even if you’re a wolfy and making up your sus on me, I expected you to suspect that I would probably cross-question you on your reasons for it. so you had to have some 'reasons', reasons which can only have come from my ISO.
This kinda feels like reasoning made up after ketchup was called out for talking to JV like he's town
Ok it seems like I’m inadvertently digging myself into holes. Full disclosure, I may have kind of blindsided on not thinking about Jackson’s alignment, but I was scared to admit that after both of you were on me for it. I’ve seen how Gypyx couldn’t survive after you were both on her. It might have been in the back of the mind, honestly I wasn’t really thinking about Jackson‘s alignment at all though. I was just looking at it from a 'what are the reasons for him suspecting me' kinda viewpoint. I hadn’t really considered alignment would matter, to be honest. I also have a slight reluctance to try and sort Jackson until necessary. I want new exciting gameplay! although a wagon forming on me a day in is not quite what I had in mind
i guess this collection of posts kinda illustrates how ketchup is just EVERYWHERE just doing a little bit of everything and intereacting with anyone, just feels a bit archaetypal of my own townplay in a way lol

if they are scum im sure it will be catchable and theyll have a big trail from this to read into so im not too worried if they are scum anyways
retired
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:26 pm

Post by light_ganski »

In post 776, Black wrote:
In post 770, DkKoba wrote:
In post 768, Black wrote: My top two scumreads are the leading wagons. Seems right to me :lol:
what makes light ganski scum?
It's mostly gut based on the way she called my townread premature. Her responses to me after that didn't really move the needle that much
I'm curious

If I'm still your top scumread, why did you jump on laplacian after me?
A work in progress
my GTKAS // get to know a ganski

"The philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it".

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”