Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:20 pm

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.09

with 14 votes in play, it takes 8 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2024-03-09 21:00:00).

yeet
the worst [4]:
Jake The Wolfie, May, PenguinPower, Firebringer
Pavowski [3]:
the worst, Dannflor, Brian Skies
Brian Skies [2]:
yessiree, davesaz
PenguinPower [2]:
gob, NotAScum
yessiree [1]:
Pavowski

not voting [2]:
June, Oblivion

mod notesall flavour images were provided by GeorgeBailey, our wonderful backup mod!

flavourImage
Last edited by Datisi on Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:28 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

@Mod
Two people are voting for Penguin, or one person's vote is incorrectly placed.

fixed, thanks! ~D
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:38 pm

In post 962, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 945, Firebringer wrote:
In post 938, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 931, Firebringer wrote: im not hating, ur just making random pushes like u usually do and im calling it out
And what of you? You've advocated for one person to be axed today. Even if Duckland were conf!scum, you should still want to gather reads on more people, and that generally nesseciates pushing them.
i would be less concerned with me sorting than ur own sorting brother
i am sorting plenty of people including gob in my conversation. If u need help sorting u don't need me to lead the crusade for u develping ur reads.
I'm not just concerned about your or even my sorting, I'm more concerned about how your method of early sorting may shoot us in the foot on future days.

You advocating that we should all just axe Duckland today signals to me that you aren't interested in other wagons forming, because its' not your pet wagon.
I'm assuming not, but did you have any comment on this Fire?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by davesaz »

VOTE: the worst

Re: pure/impure talk -- I generally tend toward can't really tell at less than E-2
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:12 pm

I kinda wanna jump off Duckland and onto Brian, but I'll hold for now.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:14 pm

Post by davesaz »

I could see gob as scum here. Sooner or later even a broken clock is right.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:26 pm

Post by Dannflor »

dave i kinda expected a vote on pavowski to follow
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:34 pm

In post 1042, Pavowski wrote: Does Jake always sound like this? Something in the tone just feels weird, but I have no frame of reference
You can check my last (town) game here, and my other (older) games on my wiki.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:36 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1056, Dannflor wrote: dave i kinda expected a vote on pavowski to follow
That might be a good idea in a different setup.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:42 pm

In post 1058, davesaz wrote:
In post 1056, Dannflor wrote: dave i kinda expected a vote on pavowski to follow
Even in this setup, it would be a natural idea. If Pavlovski were scum, the setup would make finding this out even more pressing.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:47 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1059, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
Even in this setup, it would be a natural idea. If Pavlovski were scum, the setup would make finding this out even more pressing.
dave is against voting people high up in the draft order because it's likely they got prs (even though I'm the only one guaranteed player to have one, if i hadn't selected VT, given that dave or june or pavowski could have chosen a pair that one of the players higher up in the order did).

I don't disagree with him on the whole, but not to the point that i would refuse to vote one of them.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:51 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

that only applies to d1...shouldn't need to specify that, but for some reason i feel i should
<(") | (")>
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:51 pm

In post 1060, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1059, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
dave is against voting people high up in the draft order because it's likely they got prs (even though I'm the only one guaranteed player to have one, if i hadn't selected VT, given that dave or june or pavowski could have chosen a pair that one of the players higher up in the order did).

I don't disagree with him on the whole, but not to the point that i would refuse to vote one of them.
Them likely being PRs is not the same as them being likely town PRs. While they are likely to be town just from the odds alone, if they are scum then it would be rather pressing that we find that out sooner rather than later.

It is not in defiance of their PR status that we may vote them, but instead because of this status that we must vote them. Not to execute, but to extort.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:55 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1025, May wrote: Where is o ring
It lives, once more. Its head hurts, quite a bit, but it lives.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:59 pm

Does it find voting for Brian a favorable idea?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:59 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1062, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Them likely being PRs is not the same as them being likely town PRs.
no duh.
In post 1062, Jake The Wolfie wrote: While they are likely to be town just from the odds alone, if they are scum then it would be rather pressing that we find that out sooner rather than later.
the point is not to needlessly run them up to claim level given what you just said - odds alone they are town - so sort them d2 onward.
In post 1062, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
It is not in defiance of their PR status that we may vote them, but instead because of this status that we must vote them. Not to execute, but to extort.
already said i didn't have problem voting them (though dave does). vote them all you want if you have a reason to. i already did.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:59 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

back to ffvii
<(") | (")>
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:00 pm

Post by Oblivion »

It is around to be able to interact now, though. It saw the things it was quoted with and will respond to them when in due time with effort, but it can do interactions with anyone who is around now?
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:02 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 778, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 726, davesaz wrote:
In post 724, Oblivion wrote: It had a very hard day yesterday, and it has now fallen ill. It is reading along as the game goes to ensure it remains caught up, so it will not fall behind. To assist it, can players provide it things that they want its take on or ask it questions by quoting this post so it can receive notifications to respond to when it has energy again?

It would be very grateful, friends.
Any thoughts on the very spread out vote count, with many people voting players who are virtually certain to have a PR?
In post 178, davesaz wrote:
In post 164, Oblivion wrote:
In post 158, davesaz wrote:
In post 144, Dunnstral wrote: Can you show an example of two mafia picking the same draft number in a previous version of this setup?
The point is that they could, not that they will. Whether they have or not is immaterial, gambler's fallacy.
This is a game of "could"s, though. Determining what is more likely and staking your moves on that, then adapting with new information is the entire methodology of the game.

Simply stating that because somehting "could" happen that we shouldn't act upon the idea that it is unlikely and attempt to solve with a mentality in mind feels reductive and dismissive, to it.

It thinks there is a good line of reasoning and ability to choose where to look first in the logic it has presented. It even stated that it wasn't willing to say it was a certainty, and yet here we are discussing in a circle about "if something IS possible then we should consider both worlds" instead of hedging and using logic to try and eliminate worlds until proven otherwise.
Eliminating people from consideration as possible scum without evidence from their posting and votes (and before mechanical results but that comes later) is one of the worst things town can do.
Not sure why it's focusing on when it didn't even say anything until , care to explain that aspect of the points it's making?
It felt that Brian's take on this interaction was what it saw too as it was reading along but was too sick to post? It won't go as far as to say "Brian had the exact same thought process as it" but, the fact he saw what it saw was a good sign for his alignment it thinks? Mental Model on him would be helpful to see if it's the kind of thing he can fake, but it feels like it makes him more likely town than not, especially if Dave is scum like it thinks.
But not older.

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:02 pm

In post 1065, PenguinPower wrote:[...]
In post 1062, Jake The Wolfie wrote: While they are likely to be town just from the odds alone, if they are scum then it would be rather pressing that we find that out sooner rather than later.
the point is not to needlessly run them up to claim level given what you just said - odds alone they are town - so sort them d2 onward.
[...]
If anyone here were to try forcing someone to claim today via wagoning, they are either a fool or a wolf.

You don't wagon people D1 because you're looking for PRs, you wagon people to get them to react, to extort a response from them.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:03 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1064, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Does it find voting for Brian a favorable idea?
sorry, it was supposed to quote your post too with that post, so it is quoting you now to notify you.
But not older.

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:05 pm

VOTE: Brian Skies
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:06 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1069, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
[...]
If anyone here were to try forcing someone to claim today via wagoning, they are either a fool or a wolf.

You don't wagon people D1 because you're looking for PRs, you wagon people to get them to react, to extort a response from them.
You do realize that’s it’s a frequent occurrence and standard practice that e-1 wagons claim…and this happens frequently…you do realize this, right?
<(") | (")>
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:08 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1071, Jake The Wolfie wrote: VOTE: Brian Skies
Did you read its take? Do you disagree with it?
But not older.

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:08 pm

In post 1072, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1069, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
[...]

You do realize that’s it’s a frequent occurrence and standard practice that e-1 wagons claim…and this happens frequently…you do realize this, right?
It would be standard practice for any other setup, but not in a setup where one's claim is as Alignment Indicative as one's star sign. If someone were to try and use their claim as a deterrent for their execution, that's on them for not understanding the setup.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”