GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:36 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 473, Doctor Drew wrote: The tinfoil comes in since it feels like you know when to post, and know when to hang back.
I don't recall having to think about my post timing.
It's probably muscle memory at this point. I've been doing this for far too long.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:37 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Like I'm so town that I subconsciously do all the town things to pinpoint accuracy.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:42 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 476, GuyInFreezer wrote: Like I'm so town that I subconsciously do all the town things to pinpoint accuracy.
Lol, now you sound like Gob
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

Okay, let me lay down my case on why I think Doctor Drew is scum, why I think he's evil, why I think he's the most supreme scum-king of scumville!!!111!!

Okay, sorry real life Dr. Drew, I will stay focused.

The biggest issue I have is with this:
In post 166, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 142, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 118, Solon wrote: I'm not taking any liberties or twisting arguments.
I am telling you that you are twisting my arguments and misrepresenting them. I know what my arguments are, what I am saying, and you do not. It is not
your
place to decide whether
you
are fairly representing what
I
am saying. It is
mine
and mine alone.
I really vibe with this, seems like genuine frustration.
Which was immediately followed by
In post 171, Doctor Drew wrote: VOTE: Roland
I just can't piece together why he is saying "I really vibe with this" in particular. That is something you say when you have an intuitive agreement with something. I've had many such moments myself in this game, where maybe I can't put into exact words why I agree, I just know that, deep down inside, I do. So when a person says "I really vibe with this", and if it is said with honesty, it should mean that a person feels townie about someone BEYOND what they can describe in words.

His subsequent vote makes it clear that he didn't feel that way at all, that he didn't actually vibe with this, so why is he saying that he did? It's an odd inconsistency I can't explain from a Doctor-Drew-being-town perspective. I just can't. But I can see it from a "type some words that townies like to type sometimes" scummy perspective.

I brought this up to him and his response was super weird:
In post 189, Doctor Drew wrote: In the interest of full disclosure....

Your frustration felt genuine....but is very easy to fake as scum. I wanted to know your experience since N00b scum would have a harder time faking it imo(and tbh, it did have a tinge of fakeness to it). Your response to my question made me feel good to throw a vote out to see what happens.

And kinda seems like you acted in a way that someone who knows how the game works, but doesn't have all the experience would react as scum

Also makes me feel as of your buddy(if I am correct about you) is not as present as you are to guide you a bit
First of all, to highlight what I was frustrated about: I was frustrated about Solon misrepresenting my arguments. And here's the kicker with that:
both scum and town would be frustrated by that.
I don't know why he is working this angle about whether my frustration about my words being misrepresented is "genuine" when literally anyone of any alignment would be frustrated to see someone misrepresent what they are saying. Why would it not be genuine? Introduce me to the person who is not frustrated when others twist their words and misrepresent their arguments in literally any serious context imaginable and I'll give you ten thousand dollars, no joke. He is digging for something that is scum-adjacent and hoping it will stick.

In particular, I REALLY don't like what he's doing with
And kinda seems like you acted in a way that someone who knows how the game works, but doesn't have all the experience would react as scum
as he is suddenly basing his read of me on some well-calibrated sense of how much experience I have with this game, and I did NOT give him nearly enough detail to really allow him to thoroughly establish what my experience level is with this game. I said
In post 167, RolandOfGilead wrote: I used to play it with an old World of Warcraft guild of mine on our guild forum, though we called it Werewolf rather than mafia. I've played Town of Salem also, more recently.
No sense there of how many games I played, how much experience I have, and yet he feels confident enough to come up with some level of experience I must have in order to suit his needs. He is building his argument on his own assumptions here, NOT on any information I gave him.

Moving on, I explained why I was townreading Gob, and without explaining why, he is trying to manipulate all of you into voting for me:
In post 189, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 185, RolandOfGilead wrote: What I mean is: your frustration here seems genuine. If you were scum, I don't think you'd have minded that I said that you were pretty null at this point in the game. But you seem at least a little pissed off that I said you weren't really moving the game forward. That's some good evidence of your towniness and helps all of us to focus our efforts better.
More votes please
I persist with asking him to explain why he takes such issue with my Gob read and he just. won't. do it.
In post 192, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 191, RolandOfGilead wrote: So you don't think that's townie of Gob to have reacted like that? Like what is the issue you take with what I just pointed out?
Again....more votes please
Why the obstinance? Why the fear to make his case? He's afraid to put into words why he wants people to suspect me and is depending on, I dunno, his clout, his rapport with others perhaps, to do the heavy lifting here, rather than being honest and forthright and actually explaining why these actions of mine are scummy.

But the real coup-de-gras is this post:
In post 195, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 194, RolandOfGilead wrote: Blah blah blah, give consideration to my case on FancyPants
Ok, whats your case on FancyPants?
I need to stress how incredibly weird it is that he didn't know my case on FancyPants. The post he first pushed me about is post 142, which he quoted above and seemed to find very important, perhaps very telling. Post 142 is where he sees something about this RolandOfGilead fellow and he's suddenly very interested in his alignment. My take on FancyPants? Post 147. Literally just 5 posts down. So what do you want me to believe here, that he read this super suss post from me, post 142, and then suddenly lost interest in anything else I had to say, especially not what was probably one of the most interesting things I've said in this entire game, which I said just 5 posts later? He really just stopped reading posts from me, didn't move any further down the page, didn't pay attention to anything else I was saying? Why would he do that
if he was genuinely interested in my alignment???
Why would he stop reading stuff from me?

And furthermore, all this stuff with my read on Gob, how can he find it so scummy when he doesn't even know what it originated from in the first place?

Instead of having to explain all this, he tries a redirect with this:
In post 197, Doctor Drew wrote: Why are you scum reading them and not Random Nurse and Not Mafia.....two others who have barely posted?
I literally JUST told him I had them null, I had answered his question already: they haven't posted enough for me to have them as anything other than null. If he had actually read my response and was genuinely interested in sorting me out, he would read what I said, but this is multiple instances now where I've caught him clearly not reading what I am saying, which I think is because he doesn't need to, he knows I'm a townie and he is scum and he just needs to throw out enough stuff to get me framed and get everyone else on board with it.

Otherwise, Drew has largely avoided talking about the game in a collective sense, jumps on any and all opportunities to talk about stuff that has nothing to do with the game to up his post count. I know his read on me, I know his take on Gob's slot, I know he's big-time buttering up Solon for the most minimal of efforts to bolster his case
In post 240, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 213, Solon wrote:
In post 210, FancyPants wrote: I think townies are just as eager to defend themselves as scum, in some ways it's more emotional to defend oneself as town because you know your accusers are wrong. Whereas if you're scum you know your accusers have a point.

Do you buy that Drew's is not an implicit town read of Roland?

I would interpret it as a conditional townread, depending on Roland's experience of the game.

I certainly don't think it's scummy of Drew to have townie feelings about Roland and to then change to scumreading him upon further developments. I've done the same myself, as Roland appeared very townie early in the game, but he seems scummy in his recent exchange with Drew.
^^^

Check out the big brain on Solon!

They understood why I asked the question about Roland's experience with mafia.
and he's sheeping a scum take on Kay rather than offering it up himself
In post 378, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 373, JacksonVirgo wrote: I agree with your Roland, Freezer and Solon reads. I am not sure where the Drew one is coming from, and I ask not just because I wanna read Drew.
I know you are still catching up, but anything you want to ask me?

Pre Edit: I do agree about Kay, something seems kinda forced about their posting.
Otherwise I find it really hard to figure out how he feels about people in general, and I still get the sense that he is reluctant to really lay down a definitive set of reads.

This is why I believe Doctor Drew is mafia, and I don't see myself moving off of this stance until he actually makes an effort to explain and reconcile the things I've highlighted here.

How did I do, real-life Dr. Drew?

Go then; there are other worlds than these.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 477, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 476, GuyInFreezer wrote: Like I'm so town that I subconsciously do all the town things to pinpoint accuracy.
Hey, no need for insults…
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 477, Doctor Drew wrote:
I was here far before he has been, so it's the opposite.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:53 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

btw I've read the case.
I will avoid commenting on it until the man on the spotlight dukes it out first.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:54 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

It was a fun read
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:57 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Roland, it is coup de grace.

Slight town points for actually knowing where my name sake comes from though lol(seems to be a mystery to some here)

If you expect me to respond to every point you are making, you will be disappointed. You have made up your mind on me and, best case scenario, have been tunneled on that to color your reads on others.....hence why i asked to think of a world that i don't exist here.

If you are town I will be the first person to say 'my bad my dude', but from my personal you just keep spewing scum.

Why did it take so long to actually case me after your omgus vote on me?
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:58 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 481, GuyInFreezer wrote: btw I've read the case.
I will avoid commenting on it until the man on the spotlight dukes it out first.
Meh, maybe when I am back home ony laptop
In post 482, KayJayQueue wrote: It was a fun read
It was actually, I do enjoy playing with Roland
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:01 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 484, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 481, GuyInFreezer wrote: btw I've read the case.
Meh, maybe when I am back home ony laptop
I vibe really hard with lots of paragraphs. I’m being fully serious. I love it.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:10 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 471, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 466, JacksonVirgo wrote: Do you pronounce GIF like GIF, like GIF or like
Spoiler: GIF
I don't know why that reminded me of them lol, but you ever listen to Infant Annihilator?
A little bit, I should listen to them more cuz they're right up my alley
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:11 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I ain't reading the wallpost

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:12 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Oh people are saying it's a fun read, I might soon then

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:12 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 487, JacksonVirgo wrote: I ain't reading the wallpost
Boo.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:13 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 483, Doctor Drew wrote: Roland, it is coup de grace.
Coup de lick my balls.
If you expect me to respond to every point you are making, you will be disappointed. You have made up your mind on me--
Gonna stop you right there. It was clear, was it not, that I ended it by giving you an opportunity to explain these things, yes? That it would not be fair to describe what I am doing as "tunneling" you but that I simply have a lot of question marks on my end that I need explained? You will note that I did not end by requesting everyone to pile on you or any such thing; I gave you the chance to explain yourself. I said:
I don't see myself moving off of this stance until he actually makes an effort to explain and reconcile the things I've highlighted here.
I did NOT say
Therefore, Drew is definitively mafia, my mind is totally made up, everyone jump on him!
(which, by the way, is essentially what YOU did when you made your case on me)

But if you are denying the opportunity to explain any of this, then suit yourself.
Why did it take so long to actually case me after your omgus vote on me?

A flimsy deflection, but it's not that I hadn't cased you; I simply had not yet made this effort to document all of it.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:14 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Boo yourself, I have dyslexia
Spoiler:
this was a lie, I do not

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:18 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 490, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 483, Doctor Drew wrote: Roland, it is coup de grace.
Coup de lick my balls.
I can’t stop laughing :lol: :lol:
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:19 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 491, JacksonVirgo wrote: Boo yourself, I have dyslexia
Spoiler:
this was a lie, I do not
Lying?! Wow what scum behavior!!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:21 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I read the wallpost, and I'm glad I did cuz it gave me more resolve to keep my vote where it is*

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:23 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 493, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 491, JacksonVirgo wrote: Boo yourself, I have dyslexia
Spoiler:
this was a lie, I do not
Lying?! Wow what scum behavior!!
I've done my fair share of lying as town, often to my own detriment

wiki // GTKAS
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:26 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 484, Doctor Drew wrote:

See even THIS is a lie, because you keep on not reading things I said!

Exhibit A:
In post 147, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 143, FancyPants wrote: Yo
VOTE: Doctor Drew
Gob and GuyinFreezer are town

This seems very arbitrary and unnatural to me.

For one, I don't think Gob has done anything to earn a town read and has, at the very least, done a lot less in general than other people here. Any read on Gob right now is pretty high-error. A pretty high dose of trolling which could be bored townie amusing himself or a scum playstyle that excuses a lack of contribution. I can't identify anything he has done here as moving the game forward so he has got to be a null at best.

The vote on Doctor Drew cannot possibly be based on anything, since all he has said is that he hasn't had time to play yet. If Gob is null, then Doctor Drew is null times a thousand. So perhaps the vote is just RVS for FancyPants' first post, but then it suddenly isn't RVS at all if he's giving actual townreads.

It adds up to a fairly arbitrary mishmash that I don't understand.
In post 195, Doctor Drew wrote: Ok, whats your case on FancyPants?

Exhibit B:
In post 197, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 196, RolandOfGilead wrote: Right now I feel good about GuyInFreezer, Solon, Kay, and now Gob, and
I am null on Random Nurse and not_mafia until they say more
. But it is still entirely possible that you and FancyPants are the scum team. At the very least, you're in my scum pool now so

VOTE: Doctor Drew
Yes I read your displeasure with Fancy's vote on me, and read on Gob.

Why are you scum reading them and not Random Nurse and Not Mafia
.....two others who have barely posted?

You purportedly love my contributions to this game despite not even reading them. A likely story.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:28 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 494, JacksonVirgo wrote: I read the wallpost, and I'm glad I did cuz it gave me more resolve to keep my vote where it is*
If you really have to flip me in order to start taking my case seriously, you go right ahead. Whatever I need to do to get town pointed in the right direction.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:33 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 497, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 494, JacksonVirgo wrote: I read the wallpost, and I'm glad I did cuz it gave me more resolve to keep my vote where it is*
If you really have to flip me in order to start taking my case seriously, you go right ahead. Whatever I need to do to get town pointed in the right direction.
No no no
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:34 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »