Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:07 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 649, Doctor Drew wrote: I do remember a recent game where Dragoneater did accidentally post in the game thread when he meant to post in the scum PT.....so it actually can happen lol
Was it on this site that someone accidentally showed a screenshot if a spreadsheet and at the bottom there was a tab called “super secret mafia strats” or something. That shit is what I strive to do
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:07 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I don’t remember if it were here or the dreaded ToSFM

wiki // GTKAS
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:13 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 650, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 649, Doctor Drew wrote: I do remember a recent game where Dragoneater did accidentally post in the game thread when he meant to post in the scum PT.....so it actually can happen lol
Was it on this site that someone accidentally showed a screenshot if a spreadsheet and at the bottom there was a tab called “super secret mafia strats” or something. That shit is what I strive to do
I don't recall that, but would be funny as shit if it did happen here lol
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:15 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 611, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 216, Solon wrote: I'm going out now, so will review in a few hours.
Did you forget about us?

How could I forget you wonderful folk?

I've had a torrid couple of days, but have a free hour now so let's see what I can see.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:17 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Wait, I swear your name was Solomon

wiki // GTKAS
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:18 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 229, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 202, Solon wrote:
In post 193, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 192, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 191, RolandOfGilead wrote: So you don't think that's townie of Gob to have reacted like that? Like what is the issue you take with what I just pointed out?
Again....more votes please

Why are you not answering the question? I feel like I have a legitimate point here, that what Gob did just now is townie. Why is it so scummy of me to point this out that you request others to hop on the wagon and vote for me also for making what I honestly believe is a totally legitimate point? What is this?

I find this confusing, as you are talking about Gob but Drew doesn't seem to be talking about Gob from what I can see.

If you find something confusing, then why take issue with the question? The question is meant to alleviate this confusion, no matter what it is about.
This whole thing around Gob feels a bit like blowing your own trumpet - trying to display how you are doing townie things. I don't really agree with your point on Gob, or at best it's a weak point and not worthy of the hype you're trying to generate over it.

You completely misunderstand my point if you think
I
am the one generating the hype here. Did you not see Drew say, multiple times, that
he
wants all of you to vote for me because of what I said about Gob? If you think my point on him is flimsy, that's totally fine, I'm in full agreement that it's shaky to town read a person on just that one thing, but what I don't understand at all is how my stance here is just so reprehensible that Drew wants all of town to vote for me because of it. This hype is a Drew thing, not a Roland thing.

Well I kind of vibed with Drew's read on you, so I can see why he wanted more pressure on you from that.

I still don't see where Drew talked specifically on your point about Gob.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:25 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 230, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 203, Solon wrote:
In post 194, RolandOfGilead wrote: Alright well I tell you what dude, if you think people are going to join a bandwagon to vote for me for making a good point about Gob's behavior then good luck with that lol. You are free to conf-bias your way into a read on me if you like
but, as one of my town reads, I hope you instead do something that is actually productive
, like giving more thought to my case on FancyPants, for example.

At the very least, you really shouldn't act like you have the game figured out when you haven't seen enough content from everyone yet. Who are you to say that the scum team is not fully contained in the people who have hardly posted a thing in this game, which includes Random Nurse (3 posts), FancyPants (1 post), and Not_Scum (1 post)? I know it is fun to go all inspector gadget on what you have and solve the puzzle, but it's probably a lot more likely that the people hardly saying anything are the ones more worthy of your suspicion.

So why did you townread Drew at the time of this post?

I didn't. :) I was null on him and wanted to see how he would react to me suggesting that I town-read him.

And look at how he responded. He laid right down, acquiesced, asked me, yes Roland, alright, let's set aside my concern about you and talk about your case on FancyPants instead, guy who townreads me and who I should perhaps try to be pocketing. Let's discuss!

It was both that reaction to it, and the question itself (which was a bizarre thing to ask about, as I explained), that definitively moved him out of null territory for me and into scum territory.

His follow-up to my case on him was very unsatisfying also and continues to show a lack of engagement on his part. Why am I not scum-reading the two inactive players, he asks? I already explained that I was null on them and would continue to be null on them until they posted more, so it seemed like a desperate attempt to try and dig up something to divert attention rather than a genuine thought.

I don't really agree that Drew acquiesced. But fine, you've earned yourself an unvote, squire.

UNVOTE:
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:26 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 232, gob wrote: I really feel freezerguy is frozen scum (no oun intended) and we should lim him today.

i know its not the most exciting since ive been pushing freezer since page 1, but every time they post i become more confident they are scum.

So i implore everyone to vote CreezerGuy

I'm not really vibing with you there, Gob. ironically, I actually feel like this could be '
frozen scum'
- maintaining a scumread in such a way seems quite unnatural at this point in time.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:28 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 656, Solon wrote:
I don't really agree that Drew acquiesced. But fine, you've earned yourself an unvote, squire.

UNVOTE:
Completely unrelated but you and Roland both used a variation of my favorite word in existence (acquiesce) and it made me really happy.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:28 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 657, Solon wrote:
In post 232, gob wrote: I really feel freezerguy is frozen scum (no oun intended) and we should lim him today.

i know its not the most exciting since ive been pushing freezer since page 1, but every time they post i become more confident they are scum.

So i implore everyone to vote CreezerGuy

I'm not really vibing with you there, Gob. ironically, I actually feel like this could be '
frozen scum'
- maintaining a scumread in such a way seems quite unnatural at this point in time.
Who’s gonna tell him…
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:29 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 246, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 243, GuyInFreezer wrote: Drew a little bird tells me that you asked Roland for experience and jumped on him once you learned that he’s kinda new. What would you tell the little bird about it?
I would tell that bird to take the same Drew reading class that the turtle needs to take.

I asked the question since I didn't think someone who has never played the game could fake the genuine frustration that I pointed out, once they said they had some experience playing the game I was curious how they would react to a naked vote.

If anything was conditional it was my vote on them, which now is a vote on scum me thinks.

I still think Drew is town. I think his push on Roland, given that Roland was townread at the time, and with the persistence with which he tried to mount the pressure, is town indicative. I can also understand the reaction test, which is something scum would more likely avoid doing in this situation as it could turn ugly in a hurry.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:31 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 250, gob wrote: FreezerGuy is BLEEDING scum

If we dont lim them today, i will threaten to throw this game. You all have been warned

This rings false.

Consider my vote on Gob for now. I have no idea what the vote count may be, so won't place it here immediately for the sake of prudence.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:32 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 661, Solon wrote:
In post 250, gob wrote: FreezerGuy is BLEEDING scum

If we dont lim them today, i will threaten to throw this game. You all have been warned

This rings false.

Consider my vote on Gob for now. I have no idea what the vote count may be, so won't place it here immediately for the sake of prudence.
This reveal is going to be so fun. Keep reading!
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:33 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 252, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 237, GuyInFreezer wrote: Oh btw I’ve reduced the pull to Nurse/Drew/N_M at this point. I’m technically done with solves, but this feels way too easy and I never get easy games, so I’m now at a lookout mode to see if there are any new developments throughout the day.

This is also where I am, with the exception that I'm null on Gob. I just cannot understand what he's doing, not in a scummy way but in a genuinely perplexed way. (as in, I am the one who is perplexed)

*a little tinfoil theory*

Roland is scum with Gob, and is genuinely frustrated by the actions of his buddy.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:36 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 261, gob wrote:
In post 259, RolandOfGilead wrote: @Gob

Can you promise that you are actually playing to your win condition?
yes of course. Never gone against it on this site so far.

If you guys dont listen to me though, ill do what i must to make myself heard. Even if that means throwing this game.

I could townread this, if I actually saw reason behind what you're pushing.

I could relate to your early scumread on Freezer. Lord knows I scumread Freezer myself early on. But right now? Show me why you feel such conviction in your read and i may follow you. If not? I shall feel compelled to vote you!
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 663, Solon wrote:
In post 252, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 237, GuyInFreezer wrote: Oh btw I’ve reduced the pull to Nurse/Drew/N_M at this point. I’m technically done with solves, but this feels way too easy and I never get easy games, so I’m now at a lookout mode to see if there are any new developments throughout the day.

This is also where I am, with the exception that I'm null on Gob. I just cannot understand what he's doing, not in a scummy way but in a genuinely perplexed way. (as in, I am the one who is perplexed)

*a little tinfoil theory*

Roland is scum with Gob, and is genuinely frustrated by the actions of his buddy.
This theory looks familiar
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:39 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 273, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 269, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 261, gob wrote: If you guys dont listen to me though, ill do what i must to make myself heard. Even if that means throwing this game.
We could always just skip the part where you throw the game and just vote your ass day 1. Wouldn’t the end result be the same except you don’t have a chance to do more damage at night if you’re a town intent on making us lose? Screw your threats, either you’re scum causing chaos and we eliminate you, or you’re town that is (purposely, loudly) detrimental to us winning. Either way, you not being here sounds like a win/win to me.

VOTE: gob
Don’t get distracted by shiny things.
If he continues to break the rule then he gets replaced.
If he isn’t, then we just gonna win the game before elo.

I don't get this; why are you not more suspicious of Gob, given what you said in ?

I don't think Freezer and Gob are partners, but does scum!Freezer want Gob to stay alive later into the game in order to cause mayhem and confusion to the town?
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:42 pm

Post by Solon »

My thoughts currently, as of page 12, are that if Gob is town then Freezer is scum, because he is way too comfortable with the game state and his supposed town reads at the moment.

I don't trust this way of approaching the game, quite possibly leading town to their doom in the event of the dreaded
'power-wolf'
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:44 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 282, GuyInFreezer wrote: Gob at this point I hope you have enough mental fortitude to survive the sheer amount of schadenfreude that’s going to happen when this game is over.

You seem to be
assuming
that Gob is town here??

Could there me a layered meaning to what is being said here: schadenfreude based on Gob being right in his scumread, but no-one listened to him and he lost anyway?
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:46 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 285, Not_Mafia wrote:
D
o
w
n
B
a
d

S
+
(
I
/
)

C
o
l
d
C
a
b
b
a
g
e

T
h
u
n
d
e
r
C
l
a
p

M
a
r
y
S
e
e
d
c
o
l
e

Q
u
a
c
k

F
e
a
t
h
e
r
s
M
c
G
r
a
w

F
a
r
t
a
r
u
s

N
o
t
_
M
a
f
i
a

Ah, brilliant. A scum-claim. I will take that all day every day thank you.

(my vote is now on Not_Mafia as things stand).
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:47 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 299, GuyInFreezer wrote: DownBad = Gob
S+(I/2) = KayJayQueue
Cold Cabbage = GIF
ThunderClap = Solon?
Mary
Seedcole
Seacole = Random Nurse
Quack = Doctor Drew
Feathers McGraw = FancyPants
Fartarus = Roland

Not_Mafia

You're taking the reads of someone who just scum-claimed seriously?

Is this deflection? Damage-control?
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:48 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 302, RolandOfGilead wrote: My interest level in this game is dropping dramatically right now. Literally what is this shit.

This feels a little more townie
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:50 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 308, GuyInFreezer wrote: With that said, I am surprisingly ok with N_M’s readlist.

This is terrible. He scum-claimed, and you don't even know for sure who he is talking about with the pseudonyms!

I think Freezer is actually scum here. Either with Not_Mafia, or his tactic is just to keep the insane players alive.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 312, GuyInFreezer wrote: Also you can just leave Gob be unless you scumread him or something. It should be really obvious at this point that he’s just an obnoxious town though.

Obvious to those who already know everyone's alignment, certainly.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:52 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 317, GuyInFreezer wrote: Also I’m going need to see a cop guilty and a flipped cop to see Roland being scum at this point.

Roland is looking up, but again the level of conviction here is too much and I think you have too much information.

Consider my vote on Freezer guy.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”