Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:59 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 691, Doctor Drew wrote: It is more that I understand that pretty much everyone else is hard town reading him and won't push a useless vanity wagon, I made my point that I think is valid.....and hope that going forward more people can see things from my perspective.

I am still genuinely confused about this, though. Your case on me was built on a test that you crafted yourself, and all you have shared with everyone else is that I failed this test of yours. None of us have any idea how this test was designed, what exactly you were looking for, what criteria you applied, really anything that would allow us to follow your logic and see how you arrived at your conclusion. I genuinely do not understand why you think this could ever persuade anyone. You did keep saying "more votes please" as if you thought that your case spoke for itself to the rest of town, and frankly, it just doesn't, not in the slightest. Thus my confusion.

I mean do you see the problem here? "I gave Roland a test and he failed it." That's what you have presented to this town as your case. Why would this be convincing to anyone? They don't know the details of your test, what to look for, what counts as "scummy" in your book. So how does that convince anyone?

Your results also seem contingent on my level of experience with this game, which, again, you don't know. And I do find it very interesting that after I've mentioned to you multiple times that I actually have NOT given you a good idea of how much experience I have with this game, you still have shown zero interest in collecting that information. I have not seen any "alright then, Roland, how many games of werewolf DID you play with your guild, how many town of salem games would you say you have played, roughly?" It strikes me as odd that your read is contingent on my experience, but you aren't actually interested in collecting the information to calibrate it properly...you seem content to just make up whatever suits you and roll with that. And THAT is very scummy behavior.

I just hope everyone in this town takes a good, hard look at the difference between the case I made on Drew and the case he made on me. Mine was entirely built on evidence that is clearly available to everyone to see, thoroughly documented, with nothing mysterious or left intentionally obscure. Drew's case on me is built on stuff he decided in his head that he refuses to discuss in detail or to present to everyone else, and it is built on assumptions he refuses to adjust or ask more questions in order to define better. Drew's case is built on things he can control; my case on Drew is built on things I CANNOT control as it is built entirely on what exists and what is in front of us.
Go then; there are other worlds than these.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:04 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

BTW I feel good about Solon after this most recent contribution of his. My current reads:

Town: KayJayQueue, Solon, JacksonVirgo, FancyPants, GuyInFreezer

Literally just what the fuck: Not_mafia

Scum: Doctor Drew, Random Nurse
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:09 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

You’re never going to believe this: I think you’re both town.

Check back in at 11 for more great reads and a weather report.

Seriously though, I think scum is enjoying watching you guys fight and not saying shit.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:10 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 700, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 691, Doctor Drew wrote: It is more that I understand that pretty much everyone else is hard town reading him and won't push a useless vanity wagon, I made my point that I think is valid.....and hope that going forward more people can see things from my perspective.

I am still genuinely confused about this, though. Your case on me was built on a test that you crafted yourself, and all you have shared with everyone else is that I failed this test of yours. None of us have any idea how this test was designed, what exactly you were looking for, what criteria you applied, really anything that would allow us to follow your logic and see how you arrived at your conclusion. I genuinely do not understand why you think this could ever persuade anyone. You did keep saying "more votes please" as if you thought that your case spoke for itself to the rest of town, and frankly, it just doesn't, not in the slightest. Thus my confusion.

I mean do you see the problem here? "I gave Roland a test and he failed it." That's what you have presented to this town as your case. Why would this be convincing to anyone? They don't know the details of your test, what to look for, what counts as "scummy" in your book. So how does that convince anyone?

Your results also seem contingent on my level of experience with this game, which, again, you don't know. And I do find it very interesting that after I've mentioned to you multiple times that I actually have NOT given you a good idea of how much experience I have with this game, you still have shown zero interest in collecting that information. I have not seen any "alright then, Roland, how many games of werewolf DID you play with your guild, how many town of salem games would you say you have played, roughly?" It strikes me as odd that your read is contingent on my experience, but you aren't actually interested in collecting the information to calibrate it properly...you seem content to just make up whatever suits you and roll with that. And THAT is very scummy behavior.

I just hope everyone in this town takes a good, hard look at the difference between the case I made on Drew and the case he made on me. Mine was entirely built on evidence that is clearly available to everyone to see, thoroughly documented, with nothing mysterious or left intentionally obscure. Drew's case on me is built on stuff he decided in his head that he refuses to discuss in detail or to present to everyone else, and it is built on assumptions he refuses to adjust or ask more questions in order to define better. Drew's case is built on things he can control; my case on Drew is built on things I CANNOT control as it is built entirely on what exists and what is in front of us.
Here's the difference

I am leaving room for being incorrect about you

You are not leaving room for being incorrect about me.......and every post you make just brings up the same 'gotcha' points you keep trying to make until you think you can get some votes on me
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:25 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 703, Doctor Drew wrote: Here's the difference

I am leaving room for being incorrect about you

You are not leaving room for being incorrect about me.......and every post you make just brings up the same 'gotcha' points you keep trying to make until you think you can get some votes on me

That's not even true, though. Recall that JacksonVirgo asked me how confident in my reads, and I said 80%. I did not say 100%.

I bring these things up because I want you to explain them. You continually decide not to explain them or rationalize them and redirect back towards me.

I am more than happy to explain everything that went on on my end, to dive into the details on your case on me. Was I frustrated that you scumread me? Of course I was; I don't think it is unnatural for anyone to be frustrated when they are read as something that they are not. Was I emotional? Yes. Was I TOO emotional, or emotional in a way that doesn't fit who I am and my natural reaction to things like this? No. You want to shoehorn in some read on my experience and some sort of psychological profile of me to be able to determine whether I was, in fact, "TOO" emotional for it to make sense, but frankly you just do not know me, you know nothing about me, how I act in general, what sorts of things grind my gears, what I would commonly find incredibly frustrating and what wouldn't, so it is indeed a very flawed case, if you ask me.

So there, I have talked through your case on me and gone to some lengths to explain it. It would be terrific if you'd do the same for me.

Until you do that, I see no reason not to move you off my scum read. I am leaving you the opportunity here to explain your actions and convince me not to scumread you, as I have done all along (and I feel like I have been very clear on that point, that you are free to answer these questions and explain your actions, and if you do, that will likely give me good cause to adjust my read on you).

Anyway that's all I have to say about this at this stage of the game. I know people don't want another back-and-forth between us, but I at least want to be forthright about where I am with Drew.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:27 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 537, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 536, JacksonVirgo wrote: Roland, you said your solve is within { Drew, RN, N_M }. How confident are you that all the wolves are in this pool? An X/100 if it requires that
80%.

For reference. Please note that I am quite clearly saying that I admit there could be some error in my reads.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:29 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 702, KayJayQueue wrote: You’re never going to believe this: I think you’re both town.

Seriously though, I think scum is enjoying watching you guys fight and not saying shit.

How locked in are you in this belief that Random Nurse / Not_Mafia are the scum team?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:33 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 706, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 702, KayJayQueue wrote: You’re never going to believe this: I think you’re both town.

How locked in are you in this belief that Random Nurse / Not_Mafia are the scum team?
Oh I’m 0% locked that they’re BOTH scum. I think I’m 99% locked one is. I think the other is in my town reads. I’m null on Fancy, no clear read there yet. It’s possible they’re both bad but I highly doubt it.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:34 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 690, KayJayQueue wrote: Well in case anyone’s wondering, I’ve consistently been scumreading N_M and my vote will stay there unless/until we decide to push RN. I’ll be shocked if one of N_M or RN isn’t bad. Shocked. I just have no idea which one of you is also bad.
For reference.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:35 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 707, KayJayQueue wrote: Oh I’m 0% locked that they’re BOTH scum. I think I’m 99% locked one is. I think the other is in my town reads. I’m null on Fancy, no clear read there yet. It’s possible they’re both bad but I highly doubt it.

Which of your town reads do you think is the most likely to actually be scum?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:36 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 709, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 707, KayJayQueue wrote: Oh I’m 0% locked that they’re BOTH scum. I think I’m 99% locked one is. I think the other is in my town reads. I’m null on Fancy, no clear read there yet. It’s possible they’re both bad but I highly doubt it.
Probably GIF because I was so confident so early, and I don’t trust myself to be that right about anything lol

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:37 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 709, RolandOfGilead wrote:

Probably GIF because I was so confident so early, and I don’t trust myself to be that right about anything lol

(formatting on my phone didn’t work out. oops!)
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:36 pm

Post by Thomith »

Votecount 1.7
Votecount 1.7

Random Nurse (3)
JacksonVirgo, Doctor Drew, FancyPants
E-2

Not_Mafia (2):
Not_Mafia, KayJayQueue
GuyInFreezer (1):
Random Nurse
Solon (1):
GuyInFreezer

Not Voting (2):
RolandofGilead, Solon

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 to secure an execution.

Day One ends in (expired on 2024-03-13 05:56:04)

Mod Notes
None.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:13 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 707, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 706, RolandOfGilead wrote:

Oh I’m 0% locked that they’re BOTH scum. I think I’m 99% locked one is. I think the other is in my town reads. I’m null on Fancy, no clear read there yet. It’s possible they’re both bad but I highly doubt it.
What do you mean by 0% locked Kay?
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:38 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 595, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 593, FancyPants wrote: @Not Mafia, if you had to elim someone now, who would it be and why?
Nurse if you ever appear same question.
At this point I don't know. I noticed there's Jackson in this group but have to look at the player list. Definitely Hu Tao if she's here.

Why would one assume a player by the name of Hu Tao is in this game?

I don't like this one bit.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:50 pm

Post by Thomith »

Random Nurse has requested replacement.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:56 pm

Post by Solon »

Imagine the scenes if Hu Tao is the replacement.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:03 pm

Post by Solon »

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:16 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 693, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 692, KayJayQueue wrote: I’m not trying to figure it out, I’m trying to vote him out.
I do have a funny anecdote about my first experience with him(and a follow up experience).

He, and another player, both faked a cop guilty on me that led to my lim.......and because of fate's cruel breath I was actually scum caught in a crazy gambit by two townies.

Not long after that he did hammer town in in a game where I pulled so much shit out of my ass to win as scum, so I am grateful that he subbed in at the right time(tbf though, I was viewed as 'obv town', but the game was dragging and I was starting to get worried)

So while he can be a troll, he isn't all bad(and he actually has put in some effort here, believe it or not)
Sounds hilarious
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:35 am

Post by Solon »

A psychic vision of a Not_Mafia/Drew scumteam just flashed before my eyes.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:07 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 610, GuyInFreezer wrote: Will post later tonight, since I'll be busy for most of today.
Will you be posting soon?
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:10 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 719, Solon wrote: A psychic vision of a Not_Mafia/Drew scumteam just flashed before my eyes.

My tinfoil hat theory this morning is that Drew asked me my experience in mafia not because he was setting up an "is this guy scum" test but because he was setting up a "can I get away with framing this guy" test.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:13 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

I mean the two most attractive targets for framing by scum are:

1) absent players
2) inexperienced players
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:02 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 722, RolandOfGilead wrote: I mean the two most attractive targets for framing by scum are:

1) absent players
2) inexperienced players
I’ll be the next target!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him