JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:24 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 770, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 765, JacksonVirgo wrote: I think I've come to the conclusion that the N_M wagon is only existing because RN's wagon was being pushed up.
Like I get wanting to lim NM, but that would be a convenient person to push to try to save scumRN

Pre Edit: I just now realized that abbreviating Random Nurse is RN, and I think I need to sit down now
Regardless of you somehow fucking up an abbreviate as much as you have???? We came to the exact same conclusion
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:24 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

abbreviation*

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:27 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 773, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Spoiler: Analysis of Doctor Drew

I hypothesise that Doctor Drew is Town, simply because there are more town than mafia so there's a non-zero chance that I am wrong. With a total of nine players alive, and since I am treating the game as mountainous, the highest possible amount of mafia is three. Meaning that in the worst case scenario this player has a 6/7 chance of being Town making them statistically much more likely to be a member of the town. Because of the dynamics of the game of forum mafia, and because I know for a fact that I am town as well there are a total of 6 slots with 3 maximum mafia in it which would make today limlo, which is seemingly not what people expect so the maximum amount of mafia is probably closer to two. Making the chance a 5/7 making it much more likely that this particular player is a Town. Furthermore, considering the strategic implications of this updated probability, it becomes increasingly apparent that Doctor Drew's alignment as Town is even more probable. In addition to the adjusted ratio, the insight gained from my own alignment as Town further strengthens the argument for Doctor Drew's town alignment. Moreover, when factoring in the implications of the shifting game dynamics and the revised mafia count, it becomes clear that the statistical odds overwhelmingly favor Doctor Drew being Town. Additionally, if we examine the potential impact of this analysis on our decision-making process, it becomes evident that prioritizing the statistically more probable outcome is essential for maximizing the town's chances of success. Furthermore, when considering the potential consequences of misjudging Doctor Drew's alignment in light of the updated probability, it becomes increasingly imperative to align our actions with the statistically more likely scenario, which points to Doctor Drew being Town.

In the off chance that Doctor Drew is not town, it would make it much more likely that my other reads are exponentially more likely to be accurate simply due to the process of elimination and the shrinking amount of mafia in the game. I don't think Doctor Drew is very likely to be mafia with everybody else. The chance of them being mafia is already low, and the chance of any other player is low as well which makes the pairing exponentially more unlikely which gives me hope that Doctor Drew is town. I don't think the mafia would be in the position that Doctor Drew is simply because a 5/7 chance for town to just guess town randomly and out of the blue with no way of truly having a way to deduce is very fair for the wolves at all. In fact it's incredibly unbalanced and benefits the town substantially just by pure chance. This is a post-game discussion but I think we should balance the games out and make the town at most 50% of the game, with the mafia being the other 50% so that nobody can use this argument to unfairly town-read a town for unjustified reasonings. It's too much of a powerful strategy that can be abused. I am going to prove that this argument is correct because the outcome of the game will be exactly as I pictured it using this flawless strategy.

The chances of being wrong on this argument is incredibly low, and considering I just replaced in and have no context about the game. That's an insane advantage to have, enough so that when I catch up this will make the chances EVEN more in my favour. That type of advantage is unheard of yet is in the grasp of every single town player no matter their skills in a game of mafia, or their skills in deduction. Doctor Drew is clearly a player and regardless of their skill (they are very skilled to make it this far) they can also use this line of thinking to add to my perspective so we can find the optimal kill just based of statistical analysis.

Furthermore, if we discuss a more psychological angle, mafia would be much more likely to make arguments based on how players slip up because they wish to mis-eliminate people, meaning I should be confirmed town for using this as an argument as should Doctor Drew be more likely to be town for using this strategy as well. It's almost a trust-tell level of confirmation so much so that this strategy will be incredibly likely to be banned site-wide. Additionally, when examining the potential consequences of allowing such unbalanced strategies to persist unchecked, it becomes evident that taking proactive measures to address these issues is essential for preserving the competitive and strategic nature of the game. Furthermore, considering the potential impact of this argument on future gameplay dynamics, it becomes increasingly apparent that promoting a more balanced and equitable playing field is necessary to ensure that all players have an equal opportunity to utilize strategic thinking and deduction skills effectively. Moreover, when evaluating the long-term sustainability of the game and its appeal to players of all skill levels, it becomes evident that implementing measures to mitigate the potential for unfair advantages is essential for fostering a healthy and competitive gaming environment. Additionally, when considering the potential benefits of promoting fairness and balance in gameplay, it becomes evident that taking proactive steps to address these issues will ultimately enhance the overall experience for all participants.

As an abstract recount of what I have said before, and so that I can move forward with a new line of thinking I will rehash all that has been said so far so that the true power of this argument does not get missed. With a total of nine players alive, and since the game is now mountainous, the highest possible amount of mafia is three. Meaning that in the worst case scenario this player has a 4/7 chance of being Town making them statistically much more likely to be a member of the town. Because of the dynamics of the game of forum mafia, and because I know for a fact that I am town as well there are a total of 6 slots with 3 maximum mafia in it which would make today limlo, which is seemingly not what people expect so the maximum amount of mafia is probably closer to two. Making the chance a 5/7 making it much more likely that this particular player is a Town. Furthermore, considering the strategic implications of this updated probability, it becomes increasingly apparent that Doctor Drew's alignment as Town is even more probable. In addition to the adjusted ratio, the insight gained from my own alignment as Town further strengthens the argument for Doctor Drew's town alignment. Moreover, when factoring in the implications of the shifting game dynamics and the revised mafia count, it becomes clear that the statistical odds overwhelmingly favor Doctor Drew being Town. Additionally, if we examine the potential impact of this analysis on our decision-making process, it becomes evident that prioritizing the statistically more probable outcome is essential for maximizing the town's chances of success. Furthermore, when considering the potential consequences of misjudging Doctor Drew's alignment in light of the updated probability, it becomes increasingly imperative to align our actions with the statistically more likely scenario, which points to Doctor Drew being Town.

In the off chance that Doctor Drew is not town, it would make it much more likely that my other reads are exponentially more likely to be accurate simply due to the process of elimination and the shrinking amount of mafia in the game. I don't think Doctor Drew is very likely to be mafia with everybody else. The chance of them being mafia is already low, and the chance of any other player is low as well which makes the pairing exponentially more unlikely which gives me hope that Doctor Drew is town. I don't think the mafia would be in the position that Doctor Drew is simply because a 5/7 chance for town to just guess town randomly and out of the blue with no way of truly having a way to deduce is very fair for the wolves at all. In fact it's incredibly unbalanced and benefits the town substantially just by pure chance. This is a post-game discussion but I think we should balance the games out and make the town at most 50% of the game, with the mafia being the other 50% so that nobody can use this argument to unfairly town-read a town for unjustified reasonings. It's too much of a powerful strategy that can be abused. I am going to prove that this argument is correct because the outcome of the game will be exactly as I pictured it using this flawless strategy.

The chances of being wrong on this argument is incredibly low, and considering I just replaced in and have no context about the game. That's an insane advantage to have, enough so that when I catch up this will make the chances EVEN more in my favour. That type of advantage is unheard of yet is in the grasp of every single town player no matter their skills in a game of mafia, or their skills in deduction. Doctor Drew is clearly a player and regardless of their skill (they are very skilled to make it this far) they can also use this line of thinking to add to my perspective so we can find the optimal kill just based of statistical analysis.
Scummy
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:29 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 777, KayJayQueue wrote:

I hypothesise that Doctor Drew is Town, simply because there are more town than mafia so there's a non-zero chance that I am wrong. With a total of nine players alive, and since I am treating the game as mountainous, the highest possible amount of mafia is three. Meaning that in the worst case scenario this player has a 6/7 chance of being Town making them statistically much more likely to be a member of the town. Because of the dynamics of the game of forum mafia, and because I know for a fact that I am town as well there are a total of 6 slots with 3 maximum mafia in it which would make today limlo, which is seemingly not what people expect so the maximum amount of mafia is probably closer to two. Making the chance a 5/7 making it much more likely that this particular player is a Town. Furthermore, considering the strategic implications of this updated probability, it becomes increasingly apparent that Doctor Drew's alignment as Town is even more probable. In addition to the adjusted ratio, the insight gained from my own alignment as Town further strengthens the argument for Doctor Drew's town alignment. Moreover, when factoring in the implications of the shifting game dynamics and the revised mafia count, it becomes clear that the statistical odds overwhelmingly favor Doctor Drew being Town. Additionally, if we examine the potential impact of this analysis on our decision-making process, it becomes evident that prioritizing the statistically more probable outcome is essential for maximizing the town's chances of success. Furthermore, when considering the potential consequences of misjudging Doctor Drew's alignment in light of the updated probability, it becomes increasingly imperative to align our actions with the statistically more likely scenario, which points to Doctor Drew being Town.

Furthermore, if we discuss a more psychological angle, mafia would be much more likely to make arguments based on how players slip up because they wish to mis-eliminate people, meaning I should be confirmed town for using this as an argument as should Doctor Drew be more likely to be town for using this strategy as well. It's almost a trust-tell level of confirmation so much so that this strategy will be incredibly likely to be banned site-wide. Additionally, when examining the potential consequences of allowing such unbalanced strategies to persist unchecked, it becomes evident that taking proactive measures to address these issues is essential for preserving the competitive and strategic nature of the game. Furthermore, considering the potential impact of this argument on future gameplay dynamics, it becomes increasingly apparent that promoting a more balanced and equitable playing field is necessary to ensure that all players have an equal opportunity to utilize strategic thinking and deduction skills effectively. Moreover, when evaluating the long-term sustainability of the game and its appeal to players of all skill levels, it becomes evident that implementing measures to mitigate the potential for unfair advantages is essential for fostering a healthy and competitive gaming environment. Additionally, when considering the potential benefits of promoting fairness and balance in gameplay, it becomes evident that taking proactive steps to address these issues will ultimately enhance the overall experience for all participants.

As an abstract recount of what I have said before, and so that I can move forward with a new line of thinking I will rehash all that has been said so far so that the true power of this argument does not get missed. With a total of nine players alive, and since the game is now mountainous, the highest possible amount of mafia is three. Meaning that in the worst case scenario this player has a 4/7 chance of being Town making them statistically much more likely to be a member of the town. Because of the dynamics of the game of forum mafia, and because I know for a fact that I am town as well there are a total of 6 slots with 3 maximum mafia in it which would make today limlo, which is seemingly not what people expect so the maximum amount of mafia is probably closer to two. Making the chance a 5/7 making it much more likely that this particular player is a Town. Furthermore, considering the strategic implications of this updated probability, it becomes increasingly apparent that Doctor Drew's alignment as Town is even more probable. In addition to the adjusted ratio, the insight gained from my own alignment as Town further strengthens the argument for Doctor Drew's town alignment. Moreover, when factoring in the implications of the shifting game dynamics and the revised mafia count, it becomes clear that the statistical odds overwhelmingly favor Doctor Drew being Town. Additionally, if we examine the potential impact of this analysis on our decision-making process, it becomes evident that prioritizing the statistically more probable outcome is essential for maximizing the town's chances of success. Furthermore, when considering the potential consequences of misjudging Doctor Drew's alignment in light of the updated probability, it becomes increasingly imperative to align our actions with the statistically more likely scenario, which points to Doctor Drew being Town.

Scummy
Spoiler: My analysis of Kay

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:30 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 778, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 777, KayJayQueue wrote:

Scummy
Spoiler: My analysis of Kay

Most accurate read of me in the past day.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:31 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I know, I put a lot of work into that one

wiki // GTKAS
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:48 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

That was 1578 words. 78 words of overkill!
Go then; there are other worlds than these.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:50 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Yeah I think I could have used conjunctions to drop the word count down, sorry boss

wiki // GTKAS
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:54 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 756, FancyPants wrote: That’s not really a helpful answer to your case in my eyes. My experience with newbies is that they tend to over read everything and mistrust easily.
In your favor is that you’re mostly reading the same as me, but arrogance (hubris?) tells me no newbie would townread as assuredly and in lockstep with me.
I don’t know. Let me sleep and reassess I suppose.

You make me want to unvote and vote NM though.

Frankly I think people in this game are putting far, far too much stock into reads based on an assumption of how good at this game you think the other person is. You don't know their experience, how skilled they might be at being able to figure out who is telling the truth and who is full of shit. I mean a lot of us spend our entire lives sorting out these things. These are just weirdly personal, borderline insulting sorts of takes, in my opinion.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:57 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

To be clear, I'm not saying I'm insulted. I'm just trying to highlight why a person might be, considering what a read like this is really saying.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:57 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 783, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 756, FancyPants wrote: That’s not really a helpful answer to your case in my eyes. My experience with newbies is that they tend to over read everything and mistrust easily.
In your favor is that you’re mostly reading the same as me, but arrogance (hubris?) tells me no newbie would townread as assuredly and in lockstep with me.

Frankly I think people in this game are putting far, far too much stock into reads based on an assumption of how good at this game you think the other person is. You don't know their experience, how skilled they might be at being able to figure out who is telling the truth and who is full of shit. I mean a lot of us spend our entire lives sorting out these things. These are just weirdly personal, borderline insulting sorts of takes, in my opinion.
I definitely agree with this opinion. If I’m too “good” I’m lying, if I’m too “bad” I’m lying too. If no one is good to believe me about my experience what’s the point of asking?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:02 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 783, RolandOfGilead wrote:

If anything mine is mostly based on tones and how they're playing the game than experiences. While it is largely true that newbtowns are more likely to be all hyped and ready-to-go, all assumed experiences factor for me is how much textbook responses I'm willing to tolerate for that player.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:08 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Also it's kinda pointless to look at the associatives from wagon progression right now. It needlessly locks you into bias, when the reality could be vastly different from the assumption (I don't really think this, but for all we know, RNsnow and N_M could be both town).
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:18 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 787, GuyInFreezer wrote: Also it's kinda pointless to look at the associatives from wagon progression right now. It needlessly locks you into bias, when the reality could be vastly different from the assumption (I don't really think this, but for all we know, RNsnow and N_M could be both town).
Oh I don't like to go down the associative route until there is a flip, but it is an interesting observation by JV at the very least
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:20 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Yeah, I'm so good

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:21 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

But it does affect todays flip, it feels weird how they only formed right after RN started gaining traction.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:21 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Just not the who

wiki // GTKAS
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:15 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

Hi, has taken over RN's role. Quite a reading here. Will review during today.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:17 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 792, Snow2697 wrote: Hi, has taken over RN's role. Quite a reading here. Will review during today.
Can you explain why Kay is scum?
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:23 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 793, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 792, Snow2697 wrote: Hi, has taken over RN's role. Quite a reading here. Will review during today.
She’s not!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:32 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 794, KayJayQueue wrote:
She’s not!

(I was hoping I could introduce you to the yellow m&m)
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:34 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 795, Doctor Drew wrote:
She’s not!

Hello sir
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:42 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

She’s not!

The infamous yellow m&m oh no

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:44 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 797, JacksonVirgo wrote:
She’s not!

The infamous yellow m&m oh no
Wait what does it mean….
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:46 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

It's drews judgment stare, pierces through your soul. I thankfully don't recall him using it against me though!!

wiki // GTKAS

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”