RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:48 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

But is there support for a lime? Or do you prefer a lemon in this case
Go then; there are other worlds than these.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:50 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 923, Doctor Drew wrote: I generally go with my first instinct, which is that RN is scum......

Well, based on your first instinct track record in this game, this is the strongest sign yet that RN is actually town.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:54 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 926, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 923, Doctor Drew wrote: I generally go with my first instinct, which is that RN is scum......

Well, based on your first instinct track record in this game, this is the strongest sign yet that RN is actually town.
I don't remember your flip, have you been confirmed as town?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:01 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

I know I've waffled a bit tonight. I laid down some thoughts I had about Snow's arguments and realized that even I was not all that convinced by them, so I can understand why nobody else would be.

Although Snow's arguments were definitely inconsistent, I too have made arguments that are inconsistent. This game quickly becomes really complicated and I think maybe people conflate "you screwed up the facts!" with "you are scum!", maybe because you might believe scum want to distort the truth and such, but I also tend to think you'd have to kinda be a complete idiot as scum to just outright lie about stuff and call red blue and think you can get away with it and such. GIF obviously has a good point about how the context of my scumread on Gob was different from my non-scumread of GIF, but not fully grasping a context doesn't make a person evil.

I worry a little that we are all just plowing snow when he might not have had a real fair chance at catching up with the game. Haha, get it, plowing snow, snow, plow, hahaha get it haha okay I'll shut up.

Snow has at least given me SOME reason to think he's town. There's still plenty there to think he's scum too, but I contrast this with Not_Mafia who has given me ZERO reason to think he's town. I don't know how anyone can argue with a straight face that his reads list kinda makes sense when he listed himself as the scummiest person on there, and then proceeded to vote for himself. He is either open-wolfing or frankly we just rolled a really terrible teammate and them's the brakes and we just have to live with that, but I really just don't see a good path forward keeping him in this game if this is honestly how he's going to contribute to it.

That's why at this stage I prefer a Not_Mafia lim. Feel free to convince me otherwise.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:02 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 927, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 926, RolandOfGilead wrote:

I don't remember your flip, have you been confirmed as town?

The snark is strong with this one.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:03 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 928, RolandOfGilead wrote: ...or frankly we just rolled a really terrible teammate and them's the brakes and we just have to live with that

To better clarify what I mean here, I mean that we have to live with burning a flip on him. I for one have zero interest in dealing with this shit moving forward. If we mislimmed a town, that's still not as bad to me as keeping a troll in the game.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:06 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 928, RolandOfGilead wrote: I know I've waffled a bit tonight. I laid down some thoughts I had about Snow's arguments and realized that even I was not all that convinced by them, so I can understand why nobody else would be.

Although Snow's arguments were definitely inconsistent, I too have made arguments that are inconsistent. This game quickly becomes really complicated and I think maybe people conflate "you screwed up the facts!" with "you are scum!", maybe because you might believe scum want to distort the truth and such, but I also tend to think you'd have to kinda be a complete idiot as scum to just outright lie about stuff and call red blue and think you can get away with it and such. GIF obviously has a good point about how the context of my scumread on Gob was different from my non-scumread of GIF, but not fully grasping a context doesn't make a person evil.

I worry a little that we are all just plowing snow when he might not have had a real fair chance at catching up with the game. Haha, get it, plowing snow, snow, plow, hahaha get it haha okay I'll shut up.

Snow has at least given me SOME reason to think he's town. There's still plenty there to think he's scum too, but I contrast this with Not_Mafia who has given me ZERO reason to think he's town. I don't know how anyone can argue with a straight face that his reads list kinda makes sense when he listed himself as the scummiest person on there, and then proceeded to vote for himself. He is either open-wolfing or frankly we just rolled a really terrible teammate and them's the brakes and we just have to live with that, but I really just don't see a good path forward keeping him in this game if this is honestly how he's going to contribute to it.

That's why at this stage I prefer a Not_Mafia lim. Feel free to convince me otherwise.
So Roland/Snow scum team confirmed.

Oops all first instinct

Pre Edit: Nice setup there for when you are wrong

I know longer will go with a NM lim
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:16 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

You are welcome to go with the snow lim if you like. I'll even join you if that's what it takes to break you out of this.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:16 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

BTW we really ought to thank each other for the free doctoring we've given each other tonight. No way scum kills either of us at this point.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:18 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

BTW, when I voted for Snow, and I left not mafia the opportunity to show up and finish him off, what the hell was I thinking?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:20 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 932, RolandOfGilead wrote: You are welcome to go with the snow lim if you like. I'll even join you if that's what it takes to break you out of this.
I am already on Snow, come join :lol:
In post 933, RolandOfGilead wrote: BTW we really ought to thank each other for the free doctoring we've given each other tonight. No way scum kills either of us at this point.
Explain this?
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:25 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 931, Doctor Drew wrote: I know longer will go with a NM lim
Drew, it's "no"! Duh!!11
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:28 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 936, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 931, Doctor Drew wrote: I know longer will go with a NM lim
Drew, it's "no"! Duh!!11
Thank you for stepping in when auto correct didn't lol

But, nice deflection as well
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 935, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 932, RolandOfGilead wrote: You are welcome to go with the snow lim if you like. I'll even join you if that's what it takes to break you out of this.
I am already on Snow, come join :lol:

Okay.

VOTE: Snow
In post 933, RolandOfGilead wrote: BTW we really ought to thank each other for the free doctoring we've given each other tonight. No way scum kills either of us at this point.
Explain this?
[/quote]

You can figure that one out yourself.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

I’m so annoyed than 1 of my town reads is probably scum because you’re all being so enjoyable lol
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:33 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

Drew might have manipulated me into killing a townie, but if I don't vote here, he crucifies me. Well played if you really are scum, Drew, but a snow lim is not NOT what I want, so I'm frankly fine with this.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:35 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 940, RolandOfGilead wrote: Drew might have manipulated me into killing a townie, but if I don't vote here, he crucifies me. Well played if you really are scum, Drew, but a snow lim is not NOT what I want, so I'm frankly fine with this.
Wut????

I am the only one scum reading you.

If anything this makes me want to unvote snow

UNVOTE:
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:36 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

VOTE: Roland
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:38 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 942, Doctor Drew wrote: VOTE: Roland
Nooooo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:40 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 943, KayJayQueue wrote:
Nooooo
In post 940, RolandOfGilead wrote: Drew might have manipulated me into killing a townie, but if I don't vote here, he crucifies me. Well played if you really are scum, Drew, but a snow lim is not NOT what I want, so I'm frankly fine with this.
Read this Roland post....really read it.....and tell me scum doesn't say that
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:47 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 944, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 943, KayJayQueue wrote:
Nooooo
Read this Roland post....really read it.....and tell me scum doesn't say that
Tbh I don’t have enough experience to know if scum says that or not. I’m sorry that’s so unhelpful but I just have no idea what’s scummy and what’s genuine because in my opinion, most of the players in this game are playing so well that nothing is really hitting me as obviously “bad”. That’s why I’m having such a hard time differentiating between all my town reads.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:47 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

Drew, you should really ask yourself this: if I really were scum, why the hell would I go after YOU?

You have a bajillion posts on this site. You've for sure played this game a lot longer than I have. I have, as of this post, 165. And you honestly think I'm fucking crazy and stupid enough to just pick a fight with a guy who has a ton more experience than I have at this game, instead of just sitting back and trying not to draw any attention to myself? Like how dumb do I have to be to do that? To embark on this brilliant play to escape detection by picking a huge fight with one of the most experienced people in the game, who oh by the way already has a suspicion of me.

Why would I need to argue that YOU were scum to deflect your attention from me? Why wouldn't I just defend myself and NOT stir up a fucking hornet's nest by suspecting you back? How do my actions as scum make any sense whatsoever here?

The only thing that logically explains it is that I do, in fact, think you are scum. There's no good explanation for my actions otherwise.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:50 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 941, Doctor Drew wrote:
Wut????

I am the only one scum reading you.

If anything this makes me want to unvote snow

UNVOTE:

Why does that matter, that you're the only one suspecting me? I trust that people have powers of persuasion in this game.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:54 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 931, Doctor Drew wrote: So Roland/Snow scum team confirmed.

Oops all first instinct

Pre Edit: Nice setup there for when you are wrong

I know longer will go with a NM lim
So who is my partner now?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:55 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 946, RolandOfGilead wrote: Drew, you should really ask yourself this: if I really were scum, why the hell would I go after YOU?

You have a bajillion posts on this site. You've for sure played this game a lot longer than I have. I have, as of this post, 165. And you honestly think I'm fucking crazy and stupid enough to just pick a fight with a guy who has a ton more experience than I have at this game, instead of just sitting back and trying not to draw any attention to myself? Like how dumb do I have to be to do that? To embark on this brilliant play to escape detection by picking a huge fight with one of the most experienced people in the game, who oh by the way already has a suspicion of me.

Why would I need to argue that YOU were scum to deflect your attention from me? Why wouldn't I just defend myself and NOT stir up a fucking hornet's nest by suspecting you back? How do my actions as scum make any sense whatsoever here?

The only thing that logically explains it is that I do, in fact, think you are scum. There's no good explanation for my actions otherwise.
So after this back and forth with me and you, and me asking about your experience, and you saying you had a decent amount of experience......and then claiming that I was scum thinking I was going after a n00b.......and then you GOING AFTER ME......

You now are playing the 'scared newbie' card?

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”