Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:07 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 972, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 970, Solon wrote: Now I'm starting to think it actually is Snow/Roland after all which is why Roland freaked out over Drew linking them together.
My scum team with Roland makes no sense.

Also in saying so you actually take Drew's side in his conflict with Roland. I think you cannot resolve their conflict until Drew puts his case vs Roland.

So you're suggesting that I can't scumread Roland until Drew puts forth his case?

That's nonsense.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:25 pm

Post by Solon »

Right now I'm in a strange position.

I think Snow has a higher chance of flipping scum, but I feel as though we need rid of the Not_Mafia slot for the sake of the game.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:48 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 976, Solon wrote: Right now I'm in a strange position.

I think Snow has a higher chance of flipping scum, but I feel as though we need rid of the Not_Mafia slot for the sake of the game.
I think this is also where I stand.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:20 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 974, Solon wrote:
In post 973, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 964, Solon wrote: Btw, how it is that Gob can be kicked from the game for not playing to his win condition but Not Mafia isn't?

Could it be because Gob is town and Not_Mafia is scum? Being anti-town therefore wouldn't be against his win con.
I think the bigger issue with Gob was the threatening to throw the game. Doesn’t that go against any win conditions no matter what side? At least that’s how I read it.

Tell me how Not_Mafia is playing to his win condition as town.

As scum, there's always the potential motive of reverse psychology - '
scum wouldn't be so scummy'.

If not_mafia is town then he is literally throwing the game. The fact he hasn't been kicked, when Gob has, implies to me that the former is scum while the latter is town.
You definitely can have issues with how NM plays the game, but Gob was forced replaced because he broke site rules...... absolutely nothing to do with what alignment he was.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:22 am

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 975, Solon wrote:
In post 972, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 970, Solon wrote: Now I'm starting to think it actually is Snow/Roland after all which is why Roland freaked out over Drew linking them together.
My scum team with Roland makes no sense.

Also in saying so you actually take Drew's side in his conflict with Roland. I think you cannot resolve their conflict until Drew puts his case vs Roland.

So you're suggesting that I can't scumread Roland until Drew puts forth his case?

That's nonsense.
You can scumread.

What I think is premature is to take side of player A vs player B where A does not explain why B should be limmed, but complains that no-one is voting against B.

I agree that Roland's reaction to yesterday discussion was not always perfect. Looks like he accepted this himself. But I would not downgrade him from sus to scummy based on this.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:29 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 979, Snow2697 wrote: I agree that Roland's reaction to yesterday discussion was not always perfect. Looks like he accepted this himself. But I would not downgrade him from sus to scummy based on this.
Then how come you originally said you’d rather lim him over me when I was in your “scummy” read. Saying it wouldn’t get as much info makes little sense when, by your own opinion, I’m more scummy than him. You’d rather the possibility of getting out a town over someone you’re more sure is scum just because it might yield more info because of our interactions? This isn’t making much sense. Shouldn’t you want to go for the person you’re more sure is scum? I know you changed your tune after this was initially brought to your attention but why the shift? It just seems like you realized your analysis had holes in it and you needed to pivot because it was making you look suspicious.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:44 am

Post by Solon »

In post 978, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 974, Solon wrote:
In post 973, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 964, Solon wrote: Btw, how it is that Gob can be kicked from the game for not playing to his win condition but Not Mafia isn't?

Could it be because Gob is town and Not_Mafia is scum? Being anti-town therefore wouldn't be against his win con.
I think the bigger issue with Gob was the threatening to throw the game. Doesn’t that go against any win conditions no matter what side? At least that’s how I read it.

Tell me how Not_Mafia is playing to his win condition as town.

As scum, there's always the potential motive of reverse psychology - '
scum wouldn't be so scummy'.

If not_mafia is town then he is literally throwing the game. The fact he hasn't been kicked, when Gob has, implies to me that the former is scum while the latter is town.
You definitely can have issues with how NM plays the game, but Gob was forced replaced because he broke site rules...... absolutely nothing to do with what alignment he was.

I feel as though they have both broken the rule of not playing to their win condition (if they're town), but only one has been kicked, which i feel could be alignment-indicative, even on a subconscious level from the mod.

If Not_Mafia is scum then there's nothing really wrong with how he's playing, same for Gob, in my opinion.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:59 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Gob threatened to throw the game multiple times which is rule-breaking and more extreme than anything N_M has done. So just to get hung up on the win condition thing, I don’t think is the issue with the gob replacement.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:16 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

If Not Mafia flips town, I will be voting for myself tomorrow.

I've been outdueled by Drew at this point and I have no chance of clearing my name while I'm alive. You need to see my alignment to truly see this is a waste of time and effort. HE needs to see it, if he's actually town. There should only be 2 scum in this game and you can take 2 mis-eliminations. My flip certainly seems to be the most informative you could make tomorrow so I'm all in favor of it.

I just don't have that game under my belt here where I can show you that me being frustrated and getting emotional is something I do when I'm wrongly accused of guilt. I get it, you don't trust me and you rely on things like that, I understand.

I am just truly at a loss on how to get through to you. More than one of you is actually arguing that Snow is my teammate, despite me having pushed Snow to E-1 yesterday and leaving him there until someone ELSE had to unvote, while we were all aware that Not Mafia clearly intended to swoop in at any given moment and hammer. I have said all day long how I support eliminating both Snow and Not Mafia and you seriously think I chose my teammate, casting a vote that legitimately could have gotten him killed, when I could have otherwise just voted Not Mafia and avoided the risk. I tried to explain how silly this theory is to you guys and you still don't see it, so I fucking give up, I am out of arguments if something THAT clear still doesn't matter to you.

At this point you just want cold, hard facts, so I'll deliver that to you with my dead body.
Go then; there are other worlds than these.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:19 am

Post by Solon »

I saw that you leaving your vote on Snow when you did meant you perhaps weren't partnered, but then the fact you switched so soon after I defended Snow pricked my ears up a bit.

Your AtE game is strong though, I'll give you that. i do truly believe you are town in this moment.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:20 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

Hell, do you want it today? Why not! I'd appreciate a chance at clearing my name by flipping Not Mafia (there's a good chance he is scum) but if you guys really can't get past me, I'll vote Roland too.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:21 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 984, Solon wrote: I saw that you leaving your vote on Snow when you did meant you perhaps weren't partnered, but then the fact you switched so soon after I defended Snow pricked my ears up a bit.

Your AtE game is strong though, I'll give you that. i do truly believe you are town in this moment.
What's ate? I assume you're not referring to what I did with my breakfast.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:21 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

idk why you’re flipping out like that when I have no intention to let that through.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:22 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

AtE - Appeal to Emotion
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:23 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 985, RolandOfGilead wrote: Hell, do you want it today? Why not! I'd appreciate a chance at clearing my name by flipping Not Mafia (there's a good chance he is scum) but if you guys really can't get past me, I'll vote Roland too.
Can we…not do this?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:24 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

jsyk I have no qualms on yeeting N_M. But we still have time. Let snow do more, so that they either show self as town or bleed for the bloodhounds to track their bud.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:25 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 984, Solon wrote: I saw that you leaving your vote on Snow when you did meant you perhaps weren't partnered, but then the fact you switched so soon after I defended Snow pricked my ears up a bit.

I switched when he was at E-2, not E-1.

See the fact that it means nothing to you that I EVER put him at E-1 is why I just fucking give up. That, of all things, should make it obvious I'm not partnered, and yet it still doesn't convince anyone.

I challenge you to show me a more convincing case of non-partnership
in this entire fucking game
than a guy putting another guy at E-1 when someone else intended to swoop in and finish the job at any given moment. This isn't a rhetorical challenge; I actually want you to answer.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:26 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Also I’ll answer snow later today. I’m on phone.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:26 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 987, GuyInFreezer wrote: idk why you’re flipping out like that when I have no intention to let that through.
You're one vote. How do you plan on not "letting that through"?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:27 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 993, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 987, GuyInFreezer wrote: idk why you’re flipping out like that when I have no intention to let that through.
If it means anything, I also wouldn’t be voting you. I’m sure you knew that though.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:28 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Bonk them
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:28 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 994, KayJayQueue wrote:
If it means anything, I also wouldn’t be voting you. I’m sure you knew that though.

I do. Thank you for seeing what I thought was a lot more obvious than it is, apparently.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:30 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 995, GuyInFreezer wrote: Bonk them
Can you be more specific? I know you're on the phone, so, whenever you aren't is fine...
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:31 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 996, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 994, KayJayQueue wrote:

I do. Thank you for seeing what I thought was a lot more obvious than it is, apparently.
Hey I have snow and Fancy on my ass and I don’t understand their reasons at all, so I get the frustration. Yours is just way more in depth.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:33 am

Post by Solon »

In post 991, RolandOfGilead wrote:

I switched when he was at E-2, not E-1.

See the fact that it means nothing to you that I EVER put him at E-1 is why I just fucking give up. That, of all things, should make it obvious I'm not partnered, and yet it still doesn't convince anyone.

I challenge you to show me a more convincing case of non-partnership
in this entire fucking game
than a guy putting another guy at E-1 when someone else intended to swoop in and finish the job at any given moment. This isn't a rhetorical challenge; I actually want you to answer.

If you thought someone else would put them at E-1 then you would miss out on the valuable towncred. As I said, I thought it indicated that you most likely weren't partners, but when you then switch and vote Not_Mafia after my defence of Snow, then understand that from my perspective you could have taken a calculated gamble in doing what you did, which would explain your frustration at being suspected of being partners with Snow despite the gamble having paid off. I have seen examples of scum bussing in much more unlikely situations than this.

Right now I don't believe you are partnered with Snow, so you can calm down.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”