Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:13 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I believe you and Drew are both town. I'm more confident in Drew than I am for you. I believe GIF/Solon are town. I believe Snow's slot is wolf, it started as being my null-consolidation vote as the game was stagnant but that increased to a steady scum-read based on how the game progressed when that started kicking off. Snow's posting in particular did not do anything for me, like it seemed to do for you. N_M is null to me if I were to label it objectively, but if I incorporate my feelings into it. It feels wrong to consider that slot as it is, I am not okay with a wagon there. I am not yet sure if that's
because
of the read I have on Snow or if it's isolated to them but it's a feeling nonetheless. Fancy I am on the fence about
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:13 am

Post by Malachai »

And Jackson, what DO you listen to if you want to chill out?
"Nothing can be further than the truth!" -George W. Bush
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:15 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1050, JacksonVirgo wrote: I believe you and Drew are both town. I'm more confident in Drew than I am for you. I believe GIF/Solon are town. I believe Snow's slot is wolf, it started as being my null-consolidation vote as the game was stagnant but that increased to a steady scum-read based on how the game progressed when that started kicking off. Snow's posting in particular did not do anything for me, like it seemed to do for you. N_M is null to me if I were to label it objectively, but if I incorporate my feelings into it. It feels wrong to consider that slot as it is, I am not okay with a wagon there. I am not yet sure if that's
because
of the read I have on Snow or if it's isolated to them but it's a feeling nonetheless. Fancy I am on the fence about

Sorry, please ignore my casual question and answer my serious one instead (or both, that's cool too lol):

Can you explain in more detail why you town read Drew?
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:16 am

Post by Malachai »

By the way, you forgot to mention Kay.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:18 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1051, Malachai wrote: And Jackson, what DO you listen to if you want to chill out?
I answered that? But here's one particular song

This song has been played so much lately, this performance version in particular.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:18 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Bad Omens just sounds so much better live, I wanna see them one day

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:18 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1053, Malachai wrote: By the way, you forgot to mention Kay.
Throw them in the GIF/Solon

wiki // GTKAS
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:20 am

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1040, Malachai wrote:
Snow, do you mind if I ask, are you a native english speaker?
No, my English is not native.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:21 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1052, Malachai wrote:
In post 1050, JacksonVirgo wrote: I believe you and Drew are both town. I'm more confident in Drew than I am for you. I believe GIF/Solon are town. I believe Snow's slot is wolf, it started as being my null-consolidation vote as the game was stagnant but that increased to a steady scum-read based on how the game progressed when that started kicking off. Snow's posting in particular did not do anything for me, like it seemed to do for you. N_M is null to me if I were to label it objectively, but if I incorporate my feelings into it. It feels wrong to consider that slot as it is, I am not okay with a wagon there. I am not yet sure if that's
because

Sorry, please ignore my casual question and answer my serious one instead (or both, that's cool too lol):

Can you explain in more detail why you town read Drew?
You seem to be a very pragmatic player, not sure if I can convince you on this based on my logic so I'll just answer it directly (and not write pro-drew propaganda). They've been consistently writing in a way that has been clicking with me, they've said things that I've agreed with before I said it etc and their reaction to your predecessor isn't nearly as "bad" as both of you seem to make it out to be. Their reaction is smooth, consistent and above all matches their character. What part of their reaction do you consider bad specifically, I am better at explaining when it's more focused.

wiki // GTKAS
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:24 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1058, JacksonVirgo wrote: What part of their reaction do you consider bad specifically, I am better at explaining when it's more focused.

It's not their "reaction", it's their logic and the way they are playing I am taking issue with.

If you want something specific, look at what I said in post 1031 and explain that to me.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:26 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Reaction was a broad term

wiki // GTKAS
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:26 am

Post by Malachai »

You could also reply to post 1040, where I started in with "Post 900, totally agree with Solon here..."
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:27 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1031, Malachai wrote: I guess I want to address this part in particular:
In post 189, Doctor Drew wrote: Your response to my question made me feel good to throw a vote out to see what happens.

And kinda seems like you acted in a way that someone who knows how the game works, but doesn't have all the experience would react as scum
I don't know that I really follow this at all. To recap, this exchange with Drew and Roland went like this:

Roland:
I am telling you that you are twisting my arguments and misrepresenting them. I know what my arguments are, what I am saying, and you do not. It is not your place to decide whether you are fairly representing what I am saying. It is mine and mine alone.
Drew:
I really vibe with this, seems like genuine frustration.

Roland, how much experience do you have with mafia?
Roland:
I used to play it with an old World of Warcraft guild of mine on our guild forum, though we called it Werewolf rather than mafia. I've played Town of Salem also, more recently. Been a while since I have played a true forum game of mafia, though, and our days were much shorter than this also. So if my playstyle seems a little weird or something y'all aren't used to, that might be why?
Drew:
VOTE: Roland
Roland:
Indeed, it makes perfect sense to abandon a town read and do a complete 180 if a person answers your question about mafia history and makes a dark tower reference. This vote makes perfect sense.

I read Roland's response here as very natural and genuine, and his much-touted "reaction" to the vote is basically just "uh...what?" Which I understand, because that's how I felt also, reading this. I don't see what there was in Roland's answer to Drew's question that seems suspicious, nor do I see anything particularly scummy in him giving an "uh...what?" reaction to a vote after he gave what seems like a totally innocuous reply to the question. Drew seems to argue that his reaction to the question was suspicious, and his reaction to the vote was scummy, and I am just not seeing either. I get the strong sense Drew is drumming up a case out of thin air that doesn't seem to align with what's really going on here.

On a side note:
In post 169, RolandOfGilead wrote: Yes, Roiland and his quest for the drak toweler.
I nearly spit my water out of my mouth when I read this lol. I love the dry sense of humor.
Of course you'd believe Roland's response is natural and genuine. It's you.
Do you not see the progression Drew had? It's been explained by Drew, the man himself and even without that I caught it. You and Roland both seemed to miss that magically

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:28 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

My brain didn't finish reading, did not mean to send

wiki // GTKAS
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:32 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1062, JacksonVirgo wrote: Of course you'd believe Roland's response is natural and genuine. It's you.
Do you not see the progression Drew had? It's been explained by Drew, the man himself and even without that I caught it. You and Roland both seemed to miss that magically
You're going to have to explain to me what is scummy, what there is to be "caught" about a guy reacting like "huhwha?" to that line of questioning.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:34 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Do you want that answer from me? Or from Drew? I don't think I'm the right person to respond if you're trying to read Drew for his posts.

wiki // GTKAS
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:35 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1065, JacksonVirgo wrote: Do you want that answer from me? Or from Drew? I don't think I'm the right person to respond if you're trying to read Drew for his posts.

Well you are the one claiming to know what he was thinking, right? It's not a guarantee that you actually knew what he was getting at, so it's worth asking you.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:43 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I had it written out as an EBWOP, but I'm not going to answer that yet but I'll explain around that. That feels weird that you're asking me instead of asking him to explain himself. The train of thought I'm following is of course loose, I'm not in his head but I don't see the "jumping to conclusions" which I believe you're scum-reading that part of his posts to be all that scummy at all. Drew was behaving incredibly loose towards Roland, his posts were directly showcasing that much. He said as much in his post that he wanted to just see what happens, test the waters. Which coincides with his previously loose posting. Can you not see progression there?

Roland: *makes behaviour that Drew deems easy to fake*
Drew: *goes further into that particular read, checking if it's fake*
Roland: *responds in a way that didn't quench drew's taste of blood quite enough*
Drew: "Your response to my question made me feel good to throw a vote out to see what happens."

It's always been loose, it's always been casual engagement to verify a read that Drew had.

wiki // GTKAS
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:50 am

Post by Malachai »

I thought we were talking about what happened after he cast the vote. Specifically I am looking at everything Roland said and did between Drew making that vote and post where Drew gives the full debrief on his experiment; the experiment is over at that point. What he is evaluating is between the vote in post 171 and the debrief in post 189.

All of that can be found here:

In post 172, RolandOfGilead wrote: Indeed, it makes perfect sense to abandon a town read and do a complete 180 if a person answers your question about mafia history and makes a dark tower reference. This vote makes perfect sense.
In post 173, RolandOfGilead wrote: I said perfect sense twice. Damn my redundancy!
In post 176, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 175, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 172, RolandOfGilead wrote: Indeed, it makes perfect sense to abandon a town read and do a complete 180 if a person answers your question about mafia history and makes a dark tower reference. This vote makes perfect sense.
Also, who said I was town reading you?
I thought that was what you meant to convey when you commented on my frustration. I guess that wasn't your intent, then?
In post 181, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 179, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 174, Doctor Drew wrote: I have a strong disdain for the works of Stephen King
Damn, that sounds like Misery but good for you for taking The Stand. Your strong opinions are The Shining quality here. IT must be difficult to be the Gunslinger in what must feel like The Dead Zone, Under the Dome. Maybe we should pull a Shawshank Redemption and bust out of this Pet Sematary to send the scum walking down The Green Mile. Anyway, let’s get back to the game and catch some bad guys!

Carrie on.

In case anyone is wondering, this is the most award-worthy post of this game.
In post 182, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 177, Doctor Drew wrote: What do you think my intent was?
To convey that you were townreading me.
Also about asking what your mafia experience was as well.
To understand me better. For the same reason anyone asks anyone how much experience they have in any activity they are participating in.

These feel like some pretty straightforward questions and I don't understand why you needed to ask them.
In post 184, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 183, gob wrote:
In post 181, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 179, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 174, Doctor Drew wrote: I have a strong disdain for the works of Stephen King
Damn, that sounds like Misery but good for you for taking The Stand. Your strong opinions are The Shining quality here. IT must be difficult to be the Gunslinger in what must feel like The Dead Zone, Under the Dome. Maybe we should pull a Shawshank Redemption and bust out of this Pet Sematary to send the scum walking down The Green Mile. Anyway, let’s get back to the game and catch some bad guys!

Carrie on.

In case anyone is wondering, this is the most award-worthy post of this game.
The game barely started and you're already throwing out value judgements every which way. How about you yourself move the game state forward? Hm? These posts are just as worthless as many as mine.

It looks like I just did. :)
In post 185, RolandOfGilead wrote: What I mean is: your frustration here seems genuine. If you were scum, I don't think you'd have minded that I said that you were pretty null at this point in the game. But you seem at least a little pissed off that I said you weren't really moving the game forward. That's some good evidence of your towniness and helps all of us to focus our efforts better.

All of the stuff contained in the spoiler tag, that Roland said, was enough for Drew to say this:
kinda seems like you acted in a way that someone who knows how the game works, but doesn't have all the experience would react as scum
And what I am saying is, I don't see what, in the material contained in the spoiler tag above, constitutes what Drew is describing here.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:50 am

Post by Malachai »

K that spoiler tag definitely didn't work...
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:51 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Oh no, not the botched spoiler tag :lol:

If u didn't know, it's [ spoiler= ] btw, can't forget the =. Without the space obviously

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:52 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I'll get to that soon

wiki // GTKAS
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:58 am

Post by Malachai »

By the way, Jackson, how would you explain Gob having such a scummy read on GuyInFreezer?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:59 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I'm not gob

wiki // GTKAS
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:03 am

Post by Malachai »

Sure. Do you admit it's weird that he had such a strong scum read on a pretty comprehensively town-read role?

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”