Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:46 am

Post by Reisen Udongein Inaba »

In post 322, Eternity Larva wrote: Reisen can you elaborate on your 'ew' pile? Our reads seem to align in that regard but i want to know why you feel that way
They aren’t going to be for the same reasons cuz I’m super selfish and the world revolves around me but.

I thought kagerou putting me in their town core off just my ascetic claim was super weird. Marisa piggybacked on but I get their mindset because I’m also predisposed to town reading lighthearted jokey slots especially early in games. So reads genuine.

Kagerous read felt more like my name was thrown in there for the out of the box factor, because that’s just what townies do.

Dai felt more upset that I was being considered townie for doing nothing and I could see that as more scum frustration. So could I can see multiple worlds there.

I don’t think they are together.
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:49 am

Also I’ll add that I’ve lightened up on the kagerou read solely because of koishi who has shot up to one of my stronger townreads.

I had a pet theory that kagerou was OVERLY familiar with koishi, suggesting they were in a pt together.

I quoted the post but it seemed Fmpov that kagerou had a bead on who koishi was and that would have to come from more correspondence than was in the thread because I don’t think they had much interaction before that point?

But I’m at the point where I feel strongly that koishi is town and I’m just chasing ghosts there.
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:55 am

Post by Eternity Larva »

In post 324, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 319, Eternity Larva wrote: i feel a lot of the weirdness in the response to the pressure can be written off as frustration at being run up for reasons that sie doesn't understand
ok and what differentiates that from scum frustration that they are being run up when they think they did nothing wrong?
i think it would be safer for scum to opt for an appeasing approach in that situation instead of antagonize everyone voting hir and characterize the pressure as an "assault", lol

whereas i buy that frustration from town who is in the midst of a catchup and receives three votes out of nowhere, i can see how that would be demoralizing after returning to the game after being absent for a large chunk of it

sure, it's not impossible to be scum fabricating that reaction to seem town, but it's pretty aggressive for potential scum who has practically zero footing in the game
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:56 am

Post by Eternity Larva »

i think i have exhausted this topic

VOTE: Daiyousei

back here i go!
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:57 am

Post by Eternity Larva »

i guess i'd join a Kagerou wagon too but i think that read deserves more thought and reevaluation than i am currently capable of
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm

Post by Eternity Larva »

my recent interaction with Koishi was encouraging but not necessarily absolving of previous scummy behavior, i'm at a 'wait-and-see' with them for now

what happened to your Clownpiece read?
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:07 pm

Post by Eternity Larva »

^ that was in response to Reisen
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: sie/hir

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:16 pm

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

Mod is cheering for me, it's so joever for the Ichirin wagoners.
They're pronounced like see/hear.
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:19 pm

In post 310, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote:
In post 201, Clownpiece wrote: Having looked back at Reisen's Iso
In post 51, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: Exactly this, the speculation on account name vs flavor name feels floaty and pointless
I am still confused why people are acting like I was doing pointless set up spec, when I was both clearing up something that looked like a point of confusion and stating that that confusion resulted in me having a page 1 town read.

It was both useful clarifications and useful for reads >.<
For clarity my vote was just to get something going, I don’t think it was alignment indicative either way. Just something to say. Which could be townie I guess in context.
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:19 pm

It was a non read in the first place.
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:24 pm

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

In post 317, Koishi Komeiji wrote: like what she is saying to the thread is that she thinks she's going to get "mislimmed" and that "the town has randomly voted her" - which could be a TMI slip that we're all town as CP is saying or it could just be she is speaking off the cuff etc.

but the issue I have is that she says she's fine with being misyeeted after Larva explains ____.

which is super weird to me because if I was being run up and about to be misyeeted I wouldnt really care what this one person was doing at this one moment in time in a game that's barely even started.

so I'm asking her why she would be fine with being misyeeted if it larva explained. and her explanation is basically that's her goal for this game, and that's like very ??? to me. What makes that goal so important that you'd be ok with being misyeeted after you accomplish it? the thought process doesn't make sense to me.

but people often don't make sense, people are often emotional about what they do. not every person who doesn't make sense to me has to be mafia because I'm different from other people.
Less "goal for the game" and more "goal for the day if I'm really getting limmed out of this". But also it was already explained and I'm just stupid. Also saying "town" instead of "people" or whatnot is just me being off the cuff yes, to state my intent post-mortem.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:30 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

How about this ichi.

Let’s pretend your last few posts didn’t happen and you’re a well-adjusted uh, fairy scholar?

Who’s scum? And/or town? And why.

Try to think normal thoughts while you do it, like, channel the spirit of an office worker staring at a clock.
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:55 pm

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

In post 336, Yuuka Kazami wrote: How about this ichi.

Let’s pretend your last few posts didn’t happen and you’re a well-adjusted uh, fairy scholar?

Who’s scum? And/or town? And why.

Try to think normal thoughts while you do it, like, channel the spirit of an office worker staring at a clock.
I think Larva is alright especially now that I realize there was just hyperbole and an existing explanation. Her conversations with Clownpiece and Koishi felt particularly towny, and I think I agree on Koishi being a wait-and-see slot. Leading into Koishi, and are good but, to quote me, feel 'post-mortem', and so I'd like to see what she cooks in the future.

You still need to lay off the passive-aggressive juice but I think you're probably town. Though if I'm being real I did not mean as an initial declaration of a townread on you.
In post 92, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: The Kagerou Townblock Trio :

Marisa / Kaguya / Reisen

i swear i have my reasons
I wanna hear about this from Kagerou.

If I'm being entirely honest I don't have a lot in terms of scumreads, I never really do in this stage of the game, but I'm willing to vote any of Kaguya, Tenshi or Daiyousei to try and move the needle on them a bit, as they've all kinda disappeared. In general I think I should try a Marisa or Koishi-style of not-so-committal voting more, in all my games.
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:21 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 337, Ichirin Kumoi wrote: I'm willing to vote any of Kaguya, Tenshi or Daiyousei to try and move the needle on them a bit, as they've all kinda disappeared
How did you land on these 3 names, or more, how did you rule out the other low content players from being on this list.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:25 pm

Post by Kaguya Houraisan »

In post 92, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: The Kagerou Townblock Trio :

Marisa / Kaguya / Reisen

i swear i have my reasons
I believe the youngsters these days would describe this as "absolutely cooked"
In post 111, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
In post 109, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 82, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Also you're probably
not
in the scum PT
?
Their scum partners would explain what clownpiece was talking about.
I can count on one hand the number of games here where people actually use the scum chat enough for this to have happened
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:37 pm

In post 197, Clownpiece wrote: I am ~fine~ with Kaguya's iso.

Their progression on Tenshi feels in line with my own, although their vote and unvote both come after other people either started pushing there or started unvoting, so its worth a little less then general.

Although
In post 44, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: I like Ichirins posts
Kaguya, what about Ichirin's posts at this point did you like?
I thought sie mixed up Clownpieces name randomization talk with the "Do you want a full random name vs randomized from your choices" from pregame but on reread that's not actually what happened
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:42 pm

Liking Koishi on page 9 and Aya's roleplaying has already pocketed me
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:47 pm

Koishi's probably town
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:53 pm

I have reason to believe Dai is town
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:56 pm

VOTE: Kagerou
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

@ichirin, sure I can turn down the passive aggressiveness, but the suspicion's staying.
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:56 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 327, Eternity Larva wrote:
i think it would be safer for scum to opt for an appeasing approach in that situation instead of antagonize everyone voting hir and characterize the pressure as an "assault", lol

whereas i buy that frustration from town who is in the midst of a catchup and receives three votes out of nowhere, i can see how that would be demoralizing after returning to the game after being absent for a large chunk of it

sure, it's not impossible to be scum fabricating that reaction to seem town, but it's pretty aggressive for potential scum who has practically zero footing in the game
I'm not saying Ichi is mafia faking frustration, my point was how do you differentiate between scum frustration and town frustration?

For example if Ichi is mafia and Ichi doesn't think she did anything wrong but got hit with three quick votes, Ichi!scum could also feel frustrated about how unfair it is.

I'm asking why do you think this frustration is indicative of town frustration rather than just general frustration with the game state?
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:47 pm

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

In post 338, Clownpiece wrote:
In post 337, Ichirin Kumoi wrote: I'm willing to vote any of Kaguya, Tenshi or Daiyousei to try and move the needle on them a bit, as they've all kinda disappeared
How did you land on these 3 names, or more, how did you rule out the other low content players from being on this list.
They all haven't really been seen recently, excluding maybe Tenshi (who wasn't REALLY doing anything).
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:48 pm

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

And hey, here's Kaguya, so it CLEARLY did something.
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:59 pm

Post by Daiyousei »

when you're the great fairy you have great responsibilities!

i don't get why ichirin got votes the way sie did ?_? well i guess i get
why
it happened but i don't think those votes were proper investigationizing...i would be willing to vote koishi of the three of them because i particularly don't really understand why town koishi would say everything they've said but then vote for me and ichirin instead of sanae, but that's second to this

VOTE: Kagerou Imaizumi

i'm so sorry if this comes across as impolite ;_; but your iso is chock full of fluff (which i guess is fitting for a doggie, but) and weak and noncommittal stances! posts 52, 57, and 61 all together look like an attempt to look like you're helping, as do 104 and 128 (both individually and together with 135), as does 195, as does the sequence about declaring there must be a mafia in the list of people with self-obfuscating roles, as does the yuuka part of 303

i see 146 and can't agree that claiming ascetic is anything other than neutral, it could easily be a mafia role and would make sense for a mafia person to immediately claim it if it were true

since piece appears to be your strongest committed stance i would like to hear more about the idea that piece has "been trying to distract people from pushing fowards the game" from 162 because i read piece's iso to that point and don't understand where this conclusion came from
In post 325, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: Dai felt more upset that I was being considered townie for doing nothing and I could see that as more scum frustration. So could I can see multiple worlds there.
your one post did not read strongly in either direction so i simply wanted to know why people had such a positive opinion of it that they'd say so! it was something i felt i could actually ask about after all the role and mechanical talk made my head spin @_@
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”