Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:33 am

Post by Tenshi Hinanawi »

In post 618, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 616, Yuuka Kazami wrote: The rest of what you wrote is going to trigger a response, but I get it.
You're off balance.
In post 617, Sanae Kochiya wrote: I am a little, yeah
These slots are not both town, with the way this interaction just went. They're also probably not scum together, though I've seen weirder cases of theater.

Also, I'm choosing to ignore the comment about vitriol because it feels like intentional bait.
What makes this interaction T/S?
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:34 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 625, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote:
In post 618, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 616, Yuuka Kazami wrote: The rest of what you wrote is going to trigger a response, but I get it.
You're off balance.
In post 617, Sanae Kochiya wrote: I am a little, yeah
These slots are not both town, with the way this interaction just went. They're also probably not scum together, though I've seen weirder cases of theater.

Also, I'm choosing to ignore the comment about vitriol because it feels like intentional bait.
What makes this interaction T/S?
Literally answered this in the next post.
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:35 am

Post by Clownpiece »

I
In post 622, Aya Shameimaru wrote: I'm allowed to be frustrated with someone's behaviour. Let me fucking have that without demonizing it like it's wrong to feel negative emotions.
I would just say that the same applies to me. I feel negative emotions reading your posts.

My reaction was to try to not engage with it, so please don't try to pull me into it.
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:35 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 624, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Ok I'm just choosing to not engage with this
You can, infact, choose not to engage with something without saying you're not engaging with it. You have that power!
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:37 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 627, Clownpiece wrote: I
In post 622, Aya Shameimaru wrote: I'm allowed to be frustrated with someone's behaviour. Let me fucking have that without demonizing it like it's wrong to feel negative emotions.
I would just say that the same applies to me. I feel negative emotions reading your posts.

My reaction was to try to not engage with it, so please don't try to pull me into it.
You literally engaged with it. You commented on it. You made a judgement about me with regards to it. And you made it pretty clear you were trying to demonize me for it.

You feel negative emotions, awesome. I'm sorry you feel negative emotions. You have a right to express those too. What you don't have a right to do is demonize me for expressing my frustrations and then go "I don't want to be involved" like you didn't make a value judgement of me in what you said.

You don't wanna engage with it, you wanna engage somewhere else? Be. My. Guest. I'd love you to engage with anything else.

But you don't get to say stuff like that about me and then pretend you're the victim in the matter at hand.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:46 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Well, it's not me, so I guess Sanae is the scum between the two of us, if one of us is.
I thought, and as mentioned I usually thought wrong about this kind of thing,
that Sanae engaging given the circumstances around it seemed like a genuine reach out for curiosity.
I dunno why scum even bothers. There are other conversations to have.
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:48 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 621, Aya Shameimaru wrote: Don't ask me to decide which one is scum, by the way. I'll pick the one that's currently frustrating me, as opposed to having a real read on them. I just know that interaction does not go that way between two townies and I sorta doubt it goes that way between two scum trying to have a chat about how to play something out in the main thread instead of the PT.
Eh, this wasn't as clear as I thought I'd wrote it, so let me make it more clear.

Scum on Scum wise, there's no reason to make theatre that awkward. They have all the time and space in the world to make better interactions or distancing, instead of using this for it.

Town on Town, I just don't see how two townies have an interaction that feels that stilted. The way it played out, across the 5 posts it took place in, a whole discussion on AtE and what to read and not read me on felt like one party had more information and an endgoal for the conversation, as opposed to a natural outcome. It didn't feel organic, and so I think at least one of them is scum.... but it's not S/S, hence, T/S.
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:48 am

Post by Clownpiece »

Fine I will engage.

I think that Sanae's posts were all benign and perfectly in line with how the game is played

And then your posts are not. They actively sap my enjoyment of the game, and make me feel like I should never engage with you for the rest of the game, because I can see myself making basically the same posts as Sanae, but absolutely don't want to have those same style of posts directed at me.

You can be frustrated, and even say you are frustrated, but before it reaches the point that you were making the posts you were making, I wish you would just go take a walk instead of deciding that you should single handedly tank the thread energy.
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:49 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 630, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Well, it's not me, so I guess Sanae is the scum between the two of us, if one of us is.
I thought, and as mentioned I usually thought wrong about this kind of thing,
that Sanae engaging given the circumstances around it seemed like a genuine reach out for curiosity.
I dunno why scum even bothers. There are other conversations to have.
Right, but it felt so stilted I can't imagine it as a normal town conversation, and I certainly don't see why scum has it with themselves.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:51 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Avoidance is a coping mechanism.
When Mom is yelling at the cashier that she has children to feed, I might strike up a conversation to distract me from the reality of the situation.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:55 am

Do you think Sanae is scum, Yuuka?
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:55 am

I realize you kinda answered but I want that a tad more expanded if you don’t mind
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:56 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Even how I'm wording that is distancing from the hot coals of- I got distracted and started making a self-deprecating joke mid writing.

humor is also another one.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:58 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 635, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: Do you think Sanae is scum, Yuuka?
Right now? No, but there's a lot of game left.
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:58 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 632, Clownpiece wrote: Fine I will engage.

I think that Sanae's posts were all benign and perfectly in line with how the game is played

And then your posts are not. They actively sap my enjoyment of the game, and make me feel like I should never engage with you for the rest of the game, because I can see myself making basically the same posts as Sanae, but absolutely don't want to have those same style of posts directed at me.

You can be frustrated, and even say you are frustrated, but before it reaches the point that you were making the posts you were making, I wish you would just go take a walk instead of deciding that you should single handedly tank the thread energy.
Nothing in my posts was out of line with how the game was played. Let's make that clear from the jump. I said nothing personal, I stuck to game, and I expressed myself in a generally respectful manner. Just because I was negative and had a bad attitude doesn't mean that's not all true.

As for sapping your enjoyment of the game, I'm sorry they did that. Generally, I endevour to have fun. I'm not having fun anymore, I haven't since it was more or less suggested I was weaponizing my depression. People want to talk about not doing depression meltdown whatever but I literally just said I was having a hard few days and wasn't as around. Multiple slots choosing to pounce on that made ME not want to interact with the game in general.

I tried to take a walk, and it got turned into "weaponizing my depression" I can't walk from that.

The posts Sanae made and the arguments I made about them are valid. Just because you don't like the manner in which I expressed my frustration with them doesn't mean the arguments aren't valid and doesn't mean my frustration was out of line.

I'm gonna endevour to try and be more positive. Personally, I'd like to go back to roleplaying because I was
having fun with that
. But that too was brought up as a "reason we can never read aya" so then what's the point?
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:59 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 634, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Avoidance is a coping mechanism.
When Mom is yelling at the cashier that she has children to feed, I might strike up a conversation to distract me from the reality of the situation.
Right, and so I should feel something along the lines of anxiety from those posts but I don't. There should be a natural flow from the way the conversation progressed that matches the tone of the thread... and it doesn't.
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:01 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 637, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Even how I'm wording that is distancing from the hot coals of- I got distracted and started making a self-deprecating joke mid writing.

humor is also another one.
Also, just gonna put this out there. I think I get what you're trying to say in general, but the manner in which you are writing things likens dealing with my frustration to dealing with....

I dislike what you're doing. Please stop.
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:03 am

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 565, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 563, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 561, Daiyousei wrote:
488 is a really weird question to ask of the post it's quoting and 490 is a really weird response because it takes the question seriously! i feel like i'm the one missing something here @_@
(1)

In post 553, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: actually hmmm

one thing i find weird is how Marisa didn't include Tenshi in her vote pool

VOTE: Tenshi
why move to tenshi instead of sticking with me? did she move lower than me in your eyes since the last time you mentioned her? (i promise i am not a masochist!)
(2)
(1) : What's so weird about it ? I mean, i guess for i can see how it seems forced but what kind of reply were you expecting?

(2) : I think voting my 3rd strongest scumread is more interesting than voting you, and i invite anyone else who's on the fence with Tenshi to do the same
rewrote for clarity
1) if i were koishi writing 490 my response to "does this mean you're townreading them?" would have been "i literally just said, in the post you quoted, 'I have to decide if that makes them town, or just sociable'"

like 488 read to me as asking a question of a post where the answer to that question was in the post being highlighted! this is why 490 taking 488 seriously is also weird to me and why i wondered aloud if instead i am the moron ?_?

(don't answer that)

2) what makes a tenshi vote more interesting than a vote for me? maybe this is the self-loathing from generations of fairy hatred kicking in but i see myself as more likely to get exterminated than tenshi at this point in the game, so i don't understand why you'd vote tenshi ahead of me while thinking i'm more likely to be mafia
In post 568, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 560, Daiyousei wrote: newkoi saying they like kagerou's body of work gives me the sads in light of my post on the matter ;_; fairies are used to being ignored but that doesn't make it suck any less!
I read the post, I just don't fully (or mostly, actually) agree with your conclusions.
;_; why not? i tried so hard.......
In post 596, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 589, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 585, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: Can you write me an expose on what makes Ichirin so town? Maybe I just struggle to see it as I haven’t read all about it.
This reporter has said all she needs say on the topic, and is quite frankly sort of over this game. Three different slots have now taken bad faith arguments with her and she's lost quite literally all motivation to try. This is an anonymous game which means users cannot rely on their repuation to be able to save themselves, which means a user
coming out and being aggressively mediocre in a game like this will frequently lead to their elimination.
This is not the tactic scum normally takes, nor does this reporter think Ichirin is giving anything but the straight truth in how she is behaving. That's all you're getting from me.
So umm, not saying i read your alignement based on that but are you implying you're being intentionally mediocre?
wow! this is by far the worst post i've seen all game! @_@ it contributes nothing to the hunting process and is obviously designed just to kick a clearly hurting player while they're down

in an iso vacuum i'm still not thrilled with aya's body of work but this post and sanae co-signing it in 598 makes me want absolutely nothing to do with voting aya for the foreseeable future and everything to do with exterminating the kagerou/sanae mafpair asap
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:04 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Eh.
Emotionally distancing/suppressing yourself is a thing.
It's one of my favorites.
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:06 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 643, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Eh.
Emotionally distancing/suppressing yourself is a thing.
It's one of my favorites.
This is fine. I agree it's a thing, this is a fine way to phrase this.

I don't think that's what is happening in your interaction with Sanae. Not even a little. But I appreciate you heeding my request at least.
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:12 am

Post by Reisen Udongein Inaba »

In post 619, Clownpiece wrote: I am gonna largely pretend that that last Sanae and Aya exchange does not exist, because engaging with it feels icky, but
In post 600, Aya Shameimaru wrote: I'm saying that if Ichirin was scum she came out and chose violence.
I have seen this voiced a couple times (it may have been Aya both times, but I *think* it was actually someone else the first time, but I have not looked back).

But like... my interpretation of Ichirin's response was the exact opposite. Her response did feel like it was designed to appease her voters, but it just back fired.

She immediately went and found a New and Novel thing to be suspicious of, and double and tripled down on it (to a silly degree imo), when the main accusation was that there was no sign of solving from her, and it felt like she was avoiding questioning her voters - like her goal was just to change our minds.

It was not until Yuuka kept being so aggressive that she started to snap back at one of her voters.
Anyway, focusing on Ichirin I find myself agreeing with the clown. Koichi might have been on to something and I brushed that half of the conversation aside.

But I didn’t like how little interest ichirin showed in pursuing their voters till yuuka bit in. Eternity being a teammate makes sense to me and brings it all in together. I didn’t really see them calling out eternity as alignment indicative in the moment, just a weird way to look at the game. I see the theater potential though.
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:14 am

Post by Clownpiece »

Can we just kill Ichirin now?
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:15 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 645, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote:
In post 619, Clownpiece wrote: I am gonna largely pretend that that last Sanae and Aya exchange does not exist, because engaging with it feels icky, but
In post 600, Aya Shameimaru wrote: I'm saying that if Ichirin was scum she came out and chose violence.
I have seen this voiced a couple times (it may have been Aya both times, but I *think* it was actually someone else the first time, but I have not looked back).

But like... my interpretation of Ichirin's response was the exact opposite. Her response did feel like it was designed to appease her voters, but it just back fired.

She immediately went and found a New and Novel thing to be suspicious of, and double and tripled down on it (to a silly degree imo), when the main accusation was that there was no sign of solving from her, and it felt like she was avoiding questioning her voters - like her goal was just to change our minds.

It was not until Yuuka kept being so aggressive that she started to snap back at one of her voters.
Anyway, focusing on Ichirin I find myself agreeing with the clown. Koichi might have been on to something and I brushed that half of the conversation aside.

But I didn’t like how little interest ichirin showed in pursuing their voters till yuuka bit in. Eternity being a teammate makes sense to me and brings it all in together. I didn’t really see them calling out eternity as alignment indicative in the moment, just a weird way to look at the game. I see the theater potential though.
Tell you what. Let me not hate life for 24 hours and I'll read through Ichirin one more time with specific respect to this argument and give you my feedback. Right now my answer is "I still think that there's just no way scum approach an anon game this way" but I'm operating on memory.
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:15 am

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

Well I chose a great time to be away from the game :/

Gonna go ahead and prefer to focus on the results.

I may not agree on Dai's entire "case" on the Kagerou thing but like, I am 500% on board with the sentiment of it looking like kicking down instead of punching up.
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:17 am

Post by Reisen Udongein Inaba »

Yeah I gave it a little bit of rope for similar reasons Aya but it’s still going to lead me wherever it leads to.

Also yeah I think a break from the conversation would do all of you a little good.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”