Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Yukari Yakumo
Yukari Yakumo
Goon
Yukari Yakumo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:27 am

Post by Yukari Yakumo »

VC 1.09
Reisen Udongein Inaba [3]:
Eternity Larva, Sanae Kochiya, Ichirin Kumoi
Kaguya Houraisan [2]:
Marisa Kirisame, Reisen Udongein Inaba
Kagerou Imaizumi [1]:
Daiyousei
Marisa Kirisame [1]:
Kaguya Houraisan
Tenshi Hinanawi [1]:
Kagerou Imaizumi
Daiyousei [1]:
Clownpiece

Not Voting [4]:
Tenshi Hinanawi, Aya Shameimaru, Koishi Komeiji, Yuuka Kazami

With
votes,
votes to Eliminate

Deadline:
(expired on 2024-03-17 20:45:00)

Mod Notes
  • If you spot an error on the vote count, please let me know!
Last edited by Yukari Yakumo on Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Svenskt Stål (12:21) you are pur evil hell spawn
Modding Account.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:28 am

Post by Tenshi Hinanawi »

I honestly have been townreading both of you, which is why I am kinda bored by Larva getting townread for scumreading you when I’ve been townreading Larva all game.

I guess in all, I feel meh about it. It doesn’t move either of your needles for me. I liked your interactions with Kagerou however.
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:31 am

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 893, Koishi Komeiji wrote: That said, this looks like a really weird way to talk about me when you have much wordier qualifiers on the rest of the people you were asked about? It's not like I haven't been majorly present since your last block of reads, I suspect I'm going to be showing up on this week's episode of Hyperposters Least Wanted, starting John Walsh.
you're in a unique position where i was very much not a fan of your predecessor, but was also starting to rethink that stance because i wasn't sure if it was because she was mafia or because her foundational ideas for how to play differed strongly with mine

and then the replacement happened, which means that i still feel how i felt about the slot prior to the replacement but my concerns may no longer apply going forward

so i couldn't just drop you in either the "interested in voting" bin or the "not interested in voting" bin with any sort of confidence, hence the couched wording
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:31 am

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 901, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: I honestly have been townreading both of you, which is why I am kinda bored by Larva getting townread for scumreading you when I’ve been townreading Larva all game.

I guess in all, I feel meh about it. It doesn’t move either of your needles for me. I liked your interactions with Kagerou however.
That's the wolf lass? Yeah. I just wish I felt better after dancing there. What was the post in which you town binned Larvitar?
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:53 am

Post by Tenshi Hinanawi »

In post 40, Eternity Larva wrote: i'm currently getting townvibes from Clownpiece, Yuuka, and Ichirin

i think Tenshi's posts surrounding the account name vs. role name discussion sound a little awkward, feels like she's jumping at the chance to talk about something to seem like she's contributing without really saying anything

i also don't really like Daiyousei's entrance but she defended my honor so she gets a free pass for the first ten pages
It started here but I’ve seen very little to dissuade it? Iirc larva was the first to actually substantiate their vote on me and it made sense, even if it was wrong
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:40 pm

Post by Kaguya Houraisan »

Gone for 12 hours and come back to 15 pages, can we exterminate all hyperposters? /hj
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:48 pm

In post 569, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 566, Sanae Kochiya wrote:
In post 548, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: I want to shoot a high-charisma meh slot

VOTE: Marisa
I do not like this vote.
I just wish it had a qualified list of who the high charisma slots are and why Marisa is meh in particular. The latter is strewn throughout their iso I think, but the former isn't a matter of consensus yet so I'm curious to see how Kaguya ranks them. Is she using my list? The vote count rank? Charisma doesn't always equal post count so very curious to see these details once Kaguya returns to the thread.
I'm generally using Charisma as a proxy for that X-factor that gets people scumread/townread while doing the exact same thing. In this case Marisa was pretty widely townread but when I actually looked at her ISO it was pretty barren outside of just dropping lightly explained reads. No real poking or prodding or interrogation

Other high charisma slots I'd need to reread so if you actually want it let me know so I can save myself the busywork
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:51 pm

In post 593, Aya Shameimaru wrote: Mafiascum: Where if you're having fun while playing mafia, don't that's scummy don't try.
mood
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:53 pm

In post 607, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: I have zero interest in an Aya wagon.
kinda agree
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:54 pm

In post 908, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 607, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: I have zero interest in an Aya wagon.
kinda agree
This is not a free pass to AtE more townreads from me though, lets keep this game chill
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:56 pm

In post 621, Aya Shameimaru wrote: Don't ask me to decide which one is scum, by the way. I'll pick the one that's currently frustrating me, as opposed to having a real read on them. I just know that interaction does not go that way between two townies and I sorta doubt it goes that way between two scum trying to have a chat about how to play something out in the main thread instead of the PT.
I'd argue this could also be S/S given that most scum just post in the main thread spontaneously instead of planning anything out, but yeah it's really stilted
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:03 pm

In post 697, Sanae Kochiya wrote:
In post 687, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 685, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 682, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: the quiet link if you prefer

just saying this game has a lot of charismatic players which raises the bar for everyone involved

pedit : I would like to get scratched under my ears yes :o
Okay first task, please list the charismatic players from your POV, bonus half-step point if you rank them within the list.
most charisma
Marisa
Larva
Clownpiece
New!Koichi
Sanae
least but still charming

i would also like to include Yuuka as while her play is different there's absolutely a degree of social confidence to it that i classify as charisma

i gotta admit that's least than i estimated when thinking at first but half the game is already pretty good
I think that the sort of players who are likely to sign up for this in the first place are the sort of players that would be generally viewed as 'charistmatic', so it doesn't really surprise me. There might be scum in the charismatic players but I'm not sure this approach is going to help me solve the game either
I'm here for the Touhou
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:05 pm

In post 714, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: None of these complete wagons spark joy. I am concerned about that.
True
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:12 pm

In post 788, Yuuka Kazami wrote: The assaulted one is the post you’re looking for in exhibit A for” this can’t possibly be real/serious”
In post 790, Yuuka Kazami wrote: They never said it was a joke.
So, I’m not taking it as one.
Horrendous take
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:15 pm

In post 816, Eternity Larva wrote: Reisen is a slot that has been weirdly written off for reasons i have yet to identify and they are the only player in this whole game that hasn't had one post that made me think "this comes from town"
Good point
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:17 pm

In post 817, Ichirin Kumoi wrote: I'm just here because I like Touhou.
Can't believe I got beaten to the punch like this
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:17 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 885, Marisa Kirisame wrote: @Larva-San
@Kagerou-Chan
@Clownpiece-Chan
@Kochiya-Sama

What do you think about voting Daiyousei? It seems you are all very divided. But to win we must unite
I already voted for Daiyousei after this vote count happened

As a side note, is there a reason why Kagerou Imaizumi gets referred to by their first name while Sanae Kochiya gets her last name? I think ive finally gotten everyone's first name down, but anytime I see a last name I have to stop and look up who is being reference >.<
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:25 pm

Caught up, brain fried, time to go back to hibernating

VOTE: Yuuka

Gonna break from the mould here
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:30 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

Okay, the more verbose version of why I chose to take Reisen out of my day 1 vote pool
In post 325, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote:
In post 322, Eternity Larva wrote: Reisen can you elaborate on your 'ew' pile? Our reads seem to align in that regard but i want to know why you feel that way
They aren’t going to be for the same reasons cuz I’m super selfish and the world revolves around me but.

I thought kagerou putting me in their town core off just my ascetic claim was super weird. Marisa piggybacked on but I get their mindset because I’m also predisposed to town reading lighthearted jokey slots especially early in games. So reads genuine.

Kagerous read felt more like my name was thrown in there for the out of the box factor, because that’s just what townies do.

Dai felt more upset that I was being considered townie for doing nothing and I could see that as more scum frustration. So could I can see multiple worlds there.

I don’t think they are together.
I think that Reisen not liking [that Kagerou started town reading them so easily], while also not liking that Dai didn't like [that Kagerou started town reading them so easily] has a kind of built in incongruity that scum would try to iron out before making this kind of post. And her just posting it made me feel like she is not actually worried about feeling consistent in made up reads, and is actually just True Thoughts Posting, and accepting any internal incongruities that exist in their thought process.

The approach to reading slots being so self referential also gives those vibes, that they are just True Thoughts Posting.

As well as having your 2 strongest scum reads pile be one of the very few (maybe only at that point?) people town reading you at that point, just seems like an odd path to take as scum.
In post 326, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: Also I’ll add that I’ve lightened up on the kagerou read solely because of koishi who has shot up to one of my stronger townreads.

I had a pet theory that kagerou was OVERLY familiar with koishi, suggesting they were in a pt together.

I quoted the post but it seemed Fmpov that kagerou had a bead on who koishi was and that would have to come from more correspondence than was in the thread because I don’t think they had much interaction before that point?

But I’m at the point where I feel strongly that koishi is town and I’m just chasing ghosts there.
This also feels like the type of argument that scum would not think to fake, and is just a novel suspicion to have.
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:34 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

I could still vote Kaguya after their catch up posts.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:35 pm

In post 919, Clownpiece wrote: I could still vote Kaguya after their catch up posts.
Is this a POE meh ISO thing or is there some kind of actual scumread behind it
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:42 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 724, Clownpiece wrote: Reading through Kaguya's iso, I guess I could be convinced to be on that wagon, but I am not excited by the idea.
In post 743, Clownpiece wrote: I have stared at the playerlist, and picked out the people who I think have given me enough ~vibes~ that I feel like they should make it past day 1. (List sorted by playerlist order, not by strength of read. I did not give it that much thought lmao)

Tenshi, Aya, Yuuka, Kagerou, Koishi, Eternity Larva, Marisa, Reisen, and Sanae

Which leaves me with [Kaguya, Ichirin, Daiyousei] for my day 1 elimination pool.
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:44 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

I read your catch up posts a couple times, and my overwhelming response was : "meh"

So my opinion has not been swayed.
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:46 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 906, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 569, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 566, Sanae Kochiya wrote:
In post 548, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: I want to shoot a high-charisma meh slot

VOTE: Marisa
I do not like this vote.
I just wish it had a qualified list of who the high charisma slots are and why Marisa is meh in particular. The latter is strewn throughout their iso I think, but the former isn't a matter of consensus yet so I'm curious to see how Kaguya ranks them. Is she using my list? The vote count rank? Charisma doesn't always equal post count so very curious to see these details once Kaguya returns to the thread.
I'm generally using Charisma as a proxy for that X-factor that gets people scumread/townread while doing the exact same thing. In this case Marisa was pretty widely townread but when I actually looked at her ISO it was pretty barren outside of just dropping lightly explained reads. No real poking or prodding or interrogation

Other high charisma slots I'd need to reread so if you actually want it let me know so I can save myself the busywork
I just want to know who else you actually looked at to qualify the statement of "I want to shoot a high charisma meh slot" or if you always wanted Marisa and just added that rest on as a descriptor.
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:48 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 922, Clownpiece wrote: I read your catch up posts a couple times, and my overwhelming response was : "meh"

So my opinion has not been swayed.
I on the other hand read them as was left feeling whelmed.

The irony of calling them meh after their vote on Marisa is not lost on me though!

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”