Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:59 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1298, Snow2697 wrote: Fancy said Kay was never voting. This is not true, she replied to this.
He said I am scum on far-fetched grounds. I replied to this. Seems like he simply missed at least some of my posts.
My point is clear and convincing. Shall I keep jumping on him?

With all due respect, it is our job to decide whether your point is "clear and convincing", not yours. And you don't need my permission to pursue a case on anyone.

Here you are essentially just sheeping Kay's defense of herself. What, then, of Fancy's response that her votes are generally RVS / on inactive people? Is that a valid point, in your mind?
"Nothing can be further than the truth!" -George W. Bush
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:04 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1299, Malachai wrote:
In post 1291, GuyInFreezer wrote: Good good
Spew more of those for me so maybe I don’t die tonight

Why would you say this?
Why would I not say this?
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:08 am

Post by Snow2697 »

This whole cherry-picking thing makes no sense to me.
His position in summary is close to mine, apart from Drew and myself. What shall I argue with? That Jackson and GiF are potential scums, where I think they are controversial?
Some of his points are close to mine. He thinks Roland's self-vote is an anti-town move. Ok. Didn't I say that Roland should simply vote against Drew?
And when I read his position on scummy me, which is not just a gut feeling, but is put as result of his analysis or review, and it is clear that his analysis or review is simply incomplete, since he missed (or forgot) something. Shall I go through all his posts one by one to make an obvious point, esp. after Kay did the same? Or I just make an obvious point with an obvious example?
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:12 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1301, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 1299, Malachai wrote:
In post 1291, GuyInFreezer wrote: Good good
Spew more of those for me so maybe I don’t die tonight

Why would you say this?
Why would I not say this?

Because, if you're town, it's a clear tactical error on your part.

You don't say it, and scum reads what I said and thinks "hmm, maybe we should keep him alive so we can play this up"

You say this, and scum thinks "ah okay, that should be interpreted as trying to mess with us scum, probably fine to go ahead and off him".

If you think I was trying to defend you, you undid it by saying this.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:13 am

Post by Malachai »

@Snow, don't change the subject, answer my question in post 1300.
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:14 am

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1300, Malachai wrote:
In post 1298, Snow2697 wrote: Fancy said Kay was never voting. This is not true, she replied to this.
He said I am scum on far-fetched grounds. I replied to this. Seems like he simply missed at least some of my posts.
My point is clear and convincing. Shall I keep jumping on him?

With all due respect, it is our job to decide whether your point is "clear and convincing", not yours. And you don't need my permission to pursue a case on anyone.

Here you are essentially just sheeping Kay's defense of herself. What, then, of Fancy's response that her votes are generally RVS / on inactive people? Is that a valid point, in your mind?
You can and should decide. And I can decide for myself on how I defend against an attack of someone who did not read my posts.

I agree with Fancy's response, but his case on Kay was that "finally you never vote". This is incorrect. Fancy's response just proves this.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:14 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Btw I thought I was going to be fine with eliminating N_M, but I keep getting cold feet over the fact that nobody actively tried to interact with N_M when he actually gave responses when asked. I understand the tension around the time when Gob was being forced replaced and why people would just push for N_M policy, but that tension should’ve died down by now and it keeps giving me cold feet that N_M is a mislim.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:26 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1305, Snow2697 wrote: I can decide for myself on how I defend against an attack of someone who did not read my posts.

Sure. And I can decide that when a guy comments on all the major cases in the game, and you ignore all of those and only take interest in the ones that involve you, that's a scummy tell from you.
I agree with Fancy's response, but his case on Kay was that "finally you never vote". This is incorrect. Fancy's response just proves this.
You seem to be hung up on him saying "you never vote" which is clearly hyperbolic speech. It's harder to sort out if hyperbolic speech is truly scummy or if it's just town getting the facts wrong or perhaps just overconfidence, so that's not necessarily inherently a scum tell.

To me it just seems really hard for FancyPants to have faked what he did just now, and I think you are giving him far, far too little credit for what he did. I got through that and thought "this is very thorough, useful, and very difficult for scum to fake".
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:29 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1306, GuyInFreezer wrote: Btw I thought I was going to be fine with eliminating N_M, but I keep getting cold feet over the fact that nobody actively tried to interact with N_M when he actually gave responses when asked.
That's not true. When he gave his reads, I asked him to explain them, and he pretty much just told me "no".
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:38 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Never lim list:
Kay
Malachai
Solon
Jackson

Leftover:
N_M
Snow
Fancy
Drew

ATM my order of not-want-to-lim are as follows:
N_M > Snow > Fancy > Drew

I explained about N_M, and Snow I think is one of those players with exotic my-way trajectories, and by that I mean kind of a player whose posts make little sense that I don’t see them coming from scum. I already mentioned the 3-scum thing. 3-scum doesn’t make sense from the balance point of view, and if he’s scum, then he should know that 3-scum ain’t it. Also the whole Solon thing and not following the readlist when it comes to voting, I think… it’s too blatant? Yeah, blatant. I think it sums up the whole Snow’s play. It is definitely part playstyle thing, but yeah.

Fancy isn’t really hitting the town notes for me. Like I don’t see anything particularly scummy, but nothing particularly towny either. Almost feels like he’s playing carefully?

I keep going back and forth with Drew. At first I thought he was being impactful, but then it has fallen off. And then there was this part recently when I called for Drew flashwagon, he didn’t react to it until after I called it off, except for asking what cfd is. I think he would’ve at least given me a snark reply after learning what cfd is, and I don’t think he is the type to skip on any opportunities like that.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:42 am

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1307, Malachai wrote:
In post 1305, Snow2697 wrote: I can decide for myself on how I defend against an attack of someone who did not read my posts.

Sure. And I can decide that when a guy comments on all the major cases in the game, and you ignore all of those and only take interest in the ones that involve you, that's a scummy tell from you.
You seem to be hung up on him saying "you never vote" which is clearly hyperbolic speech. It's harder to sort out if hyperbolic speech is truly scummy or if it's just town getting the facts wrong or perhaps just overconfidence, so that's not necessarily inherently a scum tell.

To me it just seems really hard for FancyPants to have faked what he did just now, and I think you are giving him far, far too little credit for what he did. I got through that and thought "this is very thorough, useful, and very difficult for scum to fake".
Please don't distort my posts. I don't scumread Fancy and he is still high on my list.

What happens here is that player A calls player B scum because of argument C which is based on B's posts (not gut feeling), where A clearly did not read all of B's posts and missed at least some. And when B defends and points this out he is accused of cherry-picking.

Seems like Malachai keeps pursuing his "double standards" agenda, which I really dislike.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:42 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1308, Malachai wrote:
In post 1306, GuyInFreezer wrote: Btw I thought I was going to be fine with eliminating N_M, but I keep getting cold feet over the fact that nobody actively tried to interact with N_M when he actually gave responses when asked.
That's not true. When he gave his reads, I asked him to explain them, and he pretty much just told me "no".
Will double check
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:43 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1155, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1152, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 1150, Not_Mafia wrote: I'll provide explanations if I think it's appropriate
Why did DownBad drop that low
Have been very underwhelmed by LaToya, looking back I think I was just reading gob's naturally obstinate nature as town
In post 1220, Not_Mafia wrote: KayJay all of a sudden falling back on "uWu little old newbie me doesn't know what's going on" posting when we're actually trying to build a consensus and need to elim someone has them plummeting down my readslist

@GuyInFreezer

From what I can tell, these are the only two real "responses" / clarifications of his reads that he has delivered.

The first, "I'm underwhelmed by Jackson", what is there to reply to here? He's just delivering his opinion but didn't give us anything to latch on to, no evidence, no real case other than just his opinion. Like he wrote the thesis statement of his English paper and then decided to omit the body. It shouldn't bother you that nobody engaged with this.

The second is worded in a really insulting and off-putting way. It reads more like malice than an actual take. So again, I don't know why you'd wonder why it was left alone.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:45 am

Post by Malachai »

@GuyInFreezer

If you actually wanted a flashwagon on Drew, you needed to have actually made a case for it. We aren't going to jump on a wagon just because someone asked us to.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:48 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1310, Snow2697 wrote: Please don't distort my posts. I don't scumread Fancy and he is still high on my list.

If you don't scumread Fancy, then what is your actual angle here?
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:54 am

Post by Snow2697 »

I don't understand the question.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:59 am

Post by Malachai »

You read Fancy as town, you read Kay as scum, right? And Fancy is making a case for why he thinks Kay is scum, which you would support. So, given all of that:

1) What is the point of accusing Fancy's contributions of "lacking substance"
2) Why scrutinize what he's saying about Kay's votes, if you think she's scum anyway?

I just really struggle to understand why you are doing any of what you are doing right now.
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:06 am

Post by Snow2697 »

IMO Kay's voting simply illustrates my "lack of substance and attention" point. THis does not change my TR of Fancy and SR of Kay. I concur with Fancy here.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:07 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1317, Snow2697 wrote: IMO Kay's voting simply illustrates my "lack of substance and attention" point. THis does not change my TR of Fancy and SR of Kay. I concur with Fancy here.

Great, so then what's the point of talking about it, if it doesn't change your reads?
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:09 am

Post by Malachai »

More specifically, what are you hoping to accomplish with what you are talking about here?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:25 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Granted, I only asked him few questions, but he did answer all the questions I answered. Plus, I don’t personally think the N_M’s uwu newbie thing that offensive, but I can’t speak for others.

Re: Drew cfd, you missed my point. I made it obvious that it was a joke (I said for funsies after all), and my point was that Drew’s reaction to it was unnatural.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:42 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1320, GuyInFreezer wrote: Granted, I only asked him few questions, but he did answer all the questions I answered. Plus, I don’t personally think the N_M’s uwu newbie thing that offensive, but I can’t speak for others.

Re: Drew cfd, you missed my point. I made it obvious that it was a joke (I said for funsies after all), and my point was that Drew’s reaction to it was unnatural.
Okey den. Would you say you support a Drew elimination above any other today?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:52 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Probably. I plan to reread after work but it’s probably not going to change much
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:53 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

VOTE: Snow2697
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:12 am

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1319, Malachai wrote: More specifically, what are you hoping to accomplish with what you are talking about here?
You should ask yourself, not me. You have started this weird exchange, added a couple of moot points. If it brings us nowhere, it's hardly surprising.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”