Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:01 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Yeah, not my expectation. lol.
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:06 pm

Post by Daiyousei »

and now, a fairy prank shocker unrelated to kagerou: i agree with big sis sanae on something
In post 1435, Sanae Kochiya wrote:
In post 1391, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 1389, Ichirin Kumoi wrote:
In post 1386, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 1321, Ichirin Kumoi wrote: (and also apparently having a strange Yuuka case)
Something about the way you worded this feels like... off? Can you elaborate, because this sounds like you don't actually care about it, but about how OTHERS perceived it? Do you not have an opinion of your own?
I've literally said I haven't looked at those posts yet, I've only noticed the discussion around the Yuuka one.
Okay, so that was a realistic position for you two hours ago, but why are you not making a point of going back to read? You've made posts since so you HAVE been here?
I hate this post on many levels
specifically, this

i do not like this koishi post one bit, 1392 was the immediately obvious response, this post cannot possibly have been written with any intent other than to antagonize ichirin while hir attention was already split

i double do not like that sanae called negative attention to it a second time and koishi ignored her calling attention to it both times

i would be willing to vote koishi on this alone tbh
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:08 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 1470, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 1468, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Oh sorry, that's fair, but I was more wondering if you had any similar thought processes about me

Pedit maybe? It feels more right to me this way around. Either way it's weird and off, and I don't like that Koishi is blaming Ichrin for not having gone back to read, it's weirdly accusatory in an icky way
If it's icky to call out a player calling me their second largest scum read for a case/scenario they have been proven to not even have read, then I will wear that badge with pride.
I absolutely did not ignore it.
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:19 pm

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 1498, Clownpiece wrote:
In post 1497, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 1481, Clownpiece wrote:
In post 1318, Ichirin Kumoi wrote: To actually get back on productive things: I do not particularly think my reads of Daiyousei or Kagerou are forced, because
I am currently reading back through to track people's interactions with the thread, but this is eww.

They only think that their own read is not forced? and for reasons other then "those are my reads" ?
is this deliberately ignoring the context of 1302, or ?_?
My post is pointing out that in response to 1302, they said "I don't think that my reads are forced because Dai's case is so good vs "I know my reads are not forced, because they are my reads"

1302 calling them forced is irrelevant.
if that is your reading, then i would imagine ichirin thought "I know my reads are not forced, because they are my reads" obvious to the point of not being worth saying and decided to have a little fun with hir post, as this would fit the sense of humor sie has shown previously in this game

obviously i can't say this for sure because i am not a mind reader, but that was my take on that exchange, and 1483 makes me more confident that my take is accurate
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:23 pm

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 1502, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 1468, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Oh sorry, that's fair, but I was more wondering if you had any similar thought processes about me

Pedit maybe? It feels more right to me this way around. Either way it's weird and off, and I don't like that Koishi is blaming Ichrin for not having gone back to read, it's weirdly accusatory in an icky way
If it's icky to call out a player calling me their second largest scum read for a case/scenario they have been proven to not even have read, then I will wear that badge with pride.
@_@ goddamnit i thought the context for that pedit was that it was part of the dialogue that started with sanae asking you about her lack of vote on you and completely missed that it was actually in response to tenshi inquiring about the matter x_x

i still don't like the post on its own for the reason i've already stated but i will sheepishly withdraw the point about you ignoring it when you demonstrably did not

sanae pls label who you're talking to when talking to multiple people in one post, fairies like me do not need help looking moronic ;_;
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:24 pm

Post by Daiyousei »

whoops we're in gensokyo *godsdamnit
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:30 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

I'm going to sleep now. Soundly, with any luck.
See you all on the flip side. Especially hopefully bird? I am left wanting for interactions there given the peck and run today.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:36 pm

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

In post 1495, Yuuka Kazami wrote: I think in general your rhetorical style (kind of, I will gladly bear the cross of my maverick thoughts!) and sort of conspiracy style connections and, “I can’t tell you about this important secret thought I have, it’s super important and liable to mess with the game state! In combination with the ego and I’m just pretty confused about how I’m supposed to understand if you’re town or scum.
Eliminatable? Yes. Not too difficult.
But interpretable? That one is pretty hard for me.
I hate how much he's leaning into this, I'm not sure we've seen so much of the data that's been generated, etc
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:38 pm

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

In post 1504, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 1502, Koishi Komeiji wrote:

@_@ goddamnit i thought the context for that pedit was that it was part of the dialogue that started with sanae asking you about her lack of vote on you and completely missed that it was actually in response to tenshi inquiring about the matter x_x

i still don't like the post on its own for the reason i've already stated but i will sheepishly withdraw the point about you ignoring it when you demonstrably did not

sanae pls label who you're talking to when talking to multiple people in one post, fairies like me do not need help looking moronic ;_;
Will try to
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:38 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

@Dai, in response to
Dai in 1496 wrote:i agree that a tenshi vote in 553 is telegraphed by 385 and 421! however, those posts are not justifications for changing the vote from me to tenshi in 553; if anything, the read list in 385 is justification for keeping it on me, which is why i asked about it in the first place
One thing, I disagree with this whole basis that started off your questioning. I think it is pretty clear why Kagerou stopped voting you and started voting Tenshi.

Spoiler: Kagerou quotes
In post 385, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: Tenshi Hinanawi - ok so maybe this is more a null read but like i kinda completely forgot who this was so not the greatest look i think
In post 553, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: actually hmmm

one thing i find weird is how Marisa didn't include Tenshi in her vote pool

VOTE: Tenshi
In post 565, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: I think voting my 3rd strongest scumread is more interesting than voting you, and i invite anyone else who's on the fence with Tenshi to do the same
In post 655, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: I'm more interested in seeing people's stances on Tenshi than you, i feel like the general avoidance around this slot could come from a place of more well inserted scumbuddies uneasy with the idea of drawing the light to their weak like
In post 717, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: save a townie, join the Tenshi wagon
In post 733, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: I mean, Tenshi is a slot that's been relatively spared of scrutiny since the start right?

Granted, you could make that case for a lot of people, i just think it points to Tenshi cause they both never received that much pressure and don't put themselves that fowards
In post 745, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: before you leave give me gun to head a read on Tenshi

Like, it is all pretty consistent when I look at them.

-They voiced the fact that they had forgotten about tenshi, and tenshi was going under the radar, and that that was a bad thing.
-They then saw someone else (marisa) appear to overlook (accidentally or willfully) tenshi's existence, so they vote tenshi to try and draw more attention to tenshi.
-they invite other people to vote tenshi to force more people to talk about tenshi.
-they repeat that they are more interested in what people have to say about tenshi
-they call for tenshi votes
-reiterate that they dont like that tenshi is flying under the radar
-ask someone point blank for a tenshi read

There is a pretty consistent PoV on Tenshi through out this, that paints a pretty clear picture on why they moved their vote from you -> tenshi.

You later build onto this by saying that they were not digging into other people enough for their answer of "I wanted more people to talk about Tenshi" to be real, but that is not catching them in a lie.

Like sure, this could be scum who was just faking interest in Tenshi reads, but it could also just as easily be town who was interested in tenshi reads, but then the thread went other directions and their focus went with it, so they ended up talking about other topics after moving their votes.

I also feel like the original point that we disagreed on, where you felt like moving their vote in the first place was not justified, is a PoV difference that colors out view on this.

But either way, I simply don't see it as a smoking gun scum case the way you do.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:38 pm

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

Want a vc
Am probably leaning towards voting Koishi at this moment
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:39 pm

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 1459, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 1447, Eternity Larva wrote:
In post 1436, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 1415, Sanae Kochiya wrote: I'm not sure I see the lying that you see though
this we can work with!

here is kagerou's tenshi vote

here is the post where kagerou says "i'm more interested in seeing people's stances on Tenshi than you" ("you" being me in this case)

i invite you to go through kagerou's iso, starting from the first linked post and ending with the second linked post, and find anything from them that shows any effort to get people's stances on tenshi

if you can't, then there you go, that's the lying! kagerou claimed to be "more interested in seeing people's stances on Tenshi than [me]" but showed precisely no interest in getting those stances in that time frame
i vibe with this. good work!

can you ISO me, CTRL-F "Reisen" and see if you find anything that feels similar?
no lol
whoops this ended up changing from a mean joke to the actual truth v_v sorry!!!

i did get through your iso enough to spot 1009 and possibly also 1078 in the context of this question! this post is a commitment to look deeper into what you're saying in those posts once i am able, which is sadly no longer right now

(i would say i'm putting a pin in them but that seems poor form to say to a butterfly fairy lol)
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 1509, Clownpiece wrote: hell sign "flash and stripe"
also putting a torch in this to make sure i respond when i am able
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:43 pm

Post by Daiyousei »

gods it pains my heart to deny my kouhais the attention they deserve

alas
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:46 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 1509, Clownpiece wrote: I also feel like the original point that we disagreed on, where you felt like moving their vote in the first place was not justified, is a PoV difference that colors out view on this.
To clarify, I feel like the basis of your case is that they did not do enough follow up questioning to "justify" moving their votes.

When I think "huh, no one is talking about tenshi, and I dont like that" is enough justification to move your vote at that stage in the game, even with zero follow up.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:48 pm

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

Agreed
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:22 pm

Post by Kagerou Imaizumi »

Well you see according to Daiyousei town can only do one thing at the time and i should've ran my head into the wall multiple times to try to squeeze pressure out of it or something
awoooo !
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:31 pm

Post by Kagerou Imaizumi »

kinda think the way Ichirin is playing around Dai indicates T/S tbh
awoooo !
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:03 am

Post by Tenshi Hinanawi »

Can someone give me the tl;dr of the Koishi case? Because I'm side eyeing the slot and I'm a bit surprised how fast the wagon has grown. I know there's something about appearing to do busywork but I'm a bit confused what makes Koishi a more enticing wagon than Ichirin who's huge big amazing wall was kinda just 5 posts that I don't understand why they were chosen, and as Koishi mentioned they were listed as second strongest scumread with zero references?
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:33 am

I don't really understand Kagerou's Ichirin read trajectory, either. They had Ichirin as townish for a good chunk of the game, until calling the catchup scummy without any real elaboration, but now feels confident enough in the read to 1v1?
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:40 am

Post by Eternity Larva »

my self-involved reason for scum reading Koishi has to do with their treatment of me ever since 2.0 replaced in and that feeling hasn’t ever been absolved.

i also never townread their predecessor.

buddying town reads can very much be a play style thing but the bulk of their ISO, as many others have pointed out, is less progressing the game forward and more positioning and endearing themselves to people, more performative than gamesolvey.

i don’t have their ISO open but I remember noticing there’s been a couple times where they’ve praised myself (and others?) for certain posts because they were able to get a lot out of it or something, which is a safe way look like you’re analyzing the game without revealing your thoughts or making a stance. to be fair, my recent questioning into this did generate a decent response about their thoughts on Yuuka and admittedly gave me town feels.

before sharing their thoughts on Yuuka yesterday i could not tell you one scum read that Koishi held. and even prior to this Yuuka was just middle of the road for them. while my poor reading comprehension could be a contributing factor, struggling to identify the scum reads of the player with the highest post count is concerning and again points more toward scum putting on a show of genuineness and effort

this is why i’m looking forward to their wall posts on some of their not-town reads

these are my thoughts off the top of my head so they are a bit scattered but result in a scum read. i will admit i felt some glimmers of towniness from my interactions with Koishi yesterday which is why i swapped back to Kagerou, but i’m done allowing minor town pings distract me from a body of work that is scummy overall.

I’m fine with either being eliminated
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:42 am

Likewise for Reisen, too. This is a weird wagon to track.

I do want to hear what Kaguya's and Marisa's thoughts on all of this are too.

@Dai what do you think of Ichirin? You mentioned feeling neutral early on but I cannot seem to find any other real mention lately, but you've also been trying to get people to read your walls repeatedly so I get that.

Pedit-
Thank you! That makes sense. Also that is an incredibly town post.
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:48 am

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 1521, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote:Also that is an incredibly town post.
Good morning!
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:50 am

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 1520, Eternity Larva wrote: before sharing their thoughts on Yuuka yesterday i could not tell you one scum read that Koishi held
I do want to note this is 100% intentional and there's a few of reasons for it. At least one of which I cannot share at this time but will likely result in some forehead slapping ocne I can!

I do apologize about yesterday, and I do intend to have time to continue the wall series tonight.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:54 am

If I could request the next walls be the competing wagons?

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”