Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:27 am

Post by Brian Skies »

@MOD: You have two separate Brian Skies voting lines. I should have votes from Firebringer and yessiree.

thank you, fixed. ~D
Last edited by Datisi on Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:31 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Firebringer:
Instantly votes me at gamestart. I do feel as though I would be a priority sort for town-Firebringer. His posting doesn't begin to feel like Firebringer until later pages. 317 is probably town, but probably not for the reason you're thinking.
Dunnstral:
Dunnstral's 34 felt town, particularly in that he was interested in voting in a list that included himself. He does go on to self-meta, but I don't find that alignment indicative. Later posting feels town.
the worst:
I wanted to vote the worst in my first post. Then 19 pages happened. 114 is as close to what I was going to do that I'm willing to townread the worst for it. 370 feels town.
davesaz:
99 feels like a townpost. I like davesaz's insistence on keeping town on track and focusing on things that are actually alignment indicative rather than draft speculation that currently has no legs to stand on.
PenguinPower:
Posting on page 7 feels town.
Gob:
The early speculation on draft information feels town, regardless of whether I agree with it. 47 feels town. 295 is probably town.
May:
Hypocrisy feels town in 168. Page 8 feels town.
June:
Cats are cool, I guess. This is about as high as I can place her considering those above her have been townier than the literal only thing June has accomplished thus far.
Jake:
Town? ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Oblivion:
I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about their posting, the way they say things, that just feels off. I do not like their 40. No definitive stance was taken, so they ended up saying a lot without actually contributing anything of value. 260 feels slightly town, but the entire interaction regarding the 'mason-blocking' feels a bit overblown. Asks a lot of questions but doesn't contribute anything of value itself. It just feels very empty considering how many words it has.

NotAScum:
I feel as though scum are more likely to refuse to catch up and read a game than town. Low confidence read. Not Mafia alt?

yessiree/Pavowski:
203 happened just two minutes after 201. Considering they are both entrance posts, I'm concerned of early bussing. 259 is the OMGUS from yessiree. Rule of 3 names with Pavowski in the middle. Highly suspicious. 439 is a bad post.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:32 am

Post by Brian Skies »

VOTE: yessiree

I would prefer Pavowski, but yessiree actually has votes.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:38 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 469, NotAScum wrote: Brian jumping on yessiree wagon is sus. Is there any reason you jumped on that train other than he voted you?
It's not so much the vote as the reason for it. He jumped on my wagon as if I had been some super inactive slot that confirmed and bounced the game, when in fact, the game had only been open for 10 hours.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:39 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Also feel like he may be scum with Pavowski. Which, if you actually read my posts, you would know.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 494, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 465, Brian Skies wrote: PenguinPower: Posting on page 7 feels town.
Why my posts on page 7 specifically?
I'm going to be honest. I had to squint to figure out what I was thinking last night. But it boils down to me liking your posting around voting ducky for refusing the masonry, which felt natural.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:57 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 498, Firebringer wrote: Why would that post be town me.
Something to do with how you can't judge a warrior cat just based on what it can or can't do. Its the way a cat behaves and uses its abilities that matter. And based on a quick search, there does seem to be villainous cats in the warriors series. Anyhow, this has more to do with warrior cats than you specifically.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:05 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 534, Firebringer wrote:
In post 530, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 498, Firebringer wrote: Why would that post be town me.
Something to do with how you can't judge a warrior cat just based on what it can or can't do. Its the way a cat behaves and uses its abilities that matter. And based on a quick search, there does seem to be villainous cats in the warriors series. Anyhow, this has more to do with warrior cats than you specifically.
This isn't a read!
It's entirely possible I read more into your post than what was actually intended. But it's basically role != alignment. And I thought that was where you were going with your post, but if not, then ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:08 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 548, Firebringer wrote:
In post 416, yessiree wrote:
In post 412, the worst wrote:
In post 324, Firebringer wrote: idk who i would kill regardless of what Gob flipped. I haven't really been thinking about any associations if gob was scum. I don't even really think gob is scum right now, we are assuming a lot of things at this point and bound to be wrong on a few assumptions.

If gob is town then idk what that means for June or Dunnyboi
If gob is scum it probably means at least June is town
is gob someone ur actively interested in killing, or just ur top choice in a vacuum?

is there anything u can say to the gob-june t/m vibe here or just a vibe
i don't really vibe with this line of questioning

feels like something only scum would ask
In post 460, yessiree wrote:
In post 457, NotAScum wrote: someone summarize all 19 pages to me
this is such a fall from grace from your banger of an entrance
these posts felt pretty townie. Especially with the first where yessiree was mindmelding with me
Sure, I can kinda see this.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:10 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 554, Firebringer wrote: i was saying june talk of warrior cats wasn't alignment indicative but i thought the cat talk was initially scummy until finding out who june was
So we were not on the same page. Although this revelation doesn't change my read very much.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:16 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Pavowski feels less scummy in iso.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:55 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Am I not eligible for fish?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:02 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I don't think gob is scum.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:26 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 578, gob wrote:
In post 577, Brian Skies wrote: I don't think gob is scum.
Why not? Seems scummy to me
In post 579, gob wrote: everything up until this point has merely been positioning and framing for me.

I havent even used 1% of my mafia skills yet. Also on MafiaBums (i call this site mafiabums cause youre all bums to me) i only used 5%
Are you trying to convince me you're scum? Because it's not working.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:29 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Firebringer, did you know that I'm the least likely person to be a town PR? It can even be argued that eliminating me in the absence of better options is actually a pro-town move.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:52 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 596, Firebringer wrote:
In post 465, Brian Skies wrote: the worst: I wanted to vote the worst in my first post. Then 19 pages happened. 114 is as close to what I was going to do that I'm willing to townread the worst for it. 370 feels town.
i challenge this townread hard
What would you like to challenge about it?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:26 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 609, Firebringer wrote:
In post 370, the worst wrote:
In post 192, May wrote: June is kind of scummy and oblivion is kind of towny
Oblivion is towny, honestly if I had to take a punt I'd say Dave is kinda towny too, June is my favourite poster itt and I will not accept such slander

pedit: oops, hate me*
also a big fan of unexpected misandry ig
Why can't scum worstie make this post.
Sure, scum worstie can make that post. But at the time I felt it was probably townish.

I don't necessarily agree with those reads (at least in magnitude), but I can see where those reads could be coming from.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (isolation #20) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:38 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I have chosen gob and the worst as my buddy targets. They will carry me to victory.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I've just recently started collecting Final Fantasy Trading Cards. The Chocobo card I got is really cute.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (isolation #22) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I also have a fat chocobo, but that one doesn't look as nice.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (isolation #23) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:52 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 642, the worst wrote:
In post 634, Brian Skies wrote: I have chosen gob and the worst as my buddy targets. They will carry me to victory.
i'm gonna try my best. just like, fair warning, i will suddenly heavily scumread you on d3, then correct it to a hard townread on the final day, winning you the game
This is why I have to keep you alive.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:28 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 726, davesaz wrote:
In post 724, Oblivion wrote: It had a very hard day yesterday, and it has now fallen ill. It is reading along as the game goes to ensure it remains caught up, so it will not fall behind. To assist it, can players provide it things that they want its take on or ask it questions by quoting this post so it can receive notifications to respond to when it has energy again?

It would be very grateful, friends.
Any thoughts on the very spread out vote count, with many people voting players who are virtually certain to have a PR?
In post 178, davesaz wrote:
In post 164, Oblivion wrote:
In post 158, davesaz wrote:
In post 144, Dunnstral wrote: Can you show an example of two mafia picking the same draft number in a previous version of this setup?
The point is that they could, not that they will. Whether they have or not is immaterial, gambler's fallacy.
This is a game of "could"s, though. Determining what is more likely and staking your moves on that, then adapting with new information is the entire methodology of the game.

Simply stating that because somehting "could" happen that we shouldn't act upon the idea that it is unlikely and attempt to solve with a mentality in mind feels reductive and dismissive, to it.

It thinks there is a good line of reasoning and ability to choose where to look first in the logic it has presented. It even stated that it wasn't willing to say it was a certainty, and yet here we are discussing in a circle about "if something IS possible then we should consider both worlds" instead of hedging and using logic to try and eliminate worlds until proven otherwise.
Eliminating people from consideration as possible scum without evidence from their posting and votes (and before mechanical results but that comes later) is one of the worst things town can do.
Not sure why it's focusing on when it didn't even say anything until , care to explain that aspect of the points it's making?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (isolation #25) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:39 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm right-handed.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (isolation #26) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 779, davesaz wrote: Big difference between day 1 and later days.
Eliminating scum is eliminating scum. If people have reason to suspect someone of being scum, what's it matter where they are in the power role hierarchy?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (isolation #27) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:53 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 783, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 778, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 726, davesaz wrote:
In post 724, Oblivion wrote: It had a very hard day yesterday, and it has now fallen ill. It is reading along as the game goes to ensure it remains caught up, so it will not fall behind. To assist it, can players provide it things that they want its take on or ask it questions by quoting this post so it can receive notifications to respond to when it has energy again?

It would be very grateful, friends.
Any thoughts on the very spread out vote count, with many people voting players who are virtually certain to have a PR?
In post 178, davesaz wrote:
In post 164, Oblivion wrote:
In post 158, davesaz wrote:
In post 144, Dunnstral wrote: Can you show an example of two mafia picking the same draft number in a previous version of this setup?
The point is that they could, not that they will. Whether they have or not is immaterial, gambler's fallacy.
This is a game of "could"s, though. Determining what is more likely and staking your moves on that, then adapting with new information is the entire methodology of the game.

Simply stating that because somehting "could" happen that we shouldn't act upon the idea that it is unlikely and attempt to solve with a mentality in mind feels reductive and dismissive, to it.

It thinks there is a good line of reasoning and ability to choose where to look first in the logic it has presented. It even stated that it wasn't willing to say it was a certainty, and yet here we are discussing in a circle about "if something IS possible then we should consider both worlds" instead of hedging and using logic to try and eliminate worlds until proven otherwise.
Eliminating people from consideration as possible scum without evidence from their posting and votes (and before mechanical results but that comes later) is one of the worst things town can do.
Not sure why it's focusing on when it didn't even say anything until , care to explain that aspect of the points it's making?
What I believe Dave (or David / other ancient characters if he prefers) means in these two posts is that we should be consolidating votes onto the same person today to build pressure onto them and see how they react. In this day, we aren't eliminating possibilities, but searching them.
Wrong.

He's saying we shouldn't be removing people from elimination consideration without sufficient evidence to back it up. In the second post, he is basically refuting the idea of deciding who to or not to vote based on draft information alone.

In the first vote, he almost flips this stance by stating that likelihood of PR matters.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (isolation #28) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:23 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 812, Firebringer wrote: blink once if ur a power role challenge
blinks twice
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (isolation #29) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:35 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

VOTE: Pavowski
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1393 (isolation #30) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:39 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I will catch up later.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1573 (isolation #31) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:07 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1132, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1086, Oblivion wrote:
In post 1076, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1073, Oblivion wrote:
In post 1071, Jake The Wolfie wrote: VOTE: Brian Skies
Did you read its take? Do you disagree with it?
It speaks with confusing language that was not considered when the vote was cast. After more carefully rereading it, I can confirm that I have no access to its' privileged information, and thus can only go by what it states.

I will say that Dave is not on my radar at the moment.
Did you not get what Brian was saying in his post? That Dave contradicted himself with his different takes, depending upon what benefitted him at the moment?
I got it so little that I made a response to this very post explaining how it wasn't contradictory.
I agree that it wasn't really contradictory, and it's why I dropped it altogether.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1575 (isolation #32) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:11 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1141, Jake The Wolfie wrote: brian flashwagon dreams will have to wait another day.
There is still time! Don't give up yet!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1577 (isolation #33) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:50 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1289, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1284, Oblivion wrote:
In post 1263, PenguinPower wrote: We aren’t yeeting dave or Pav today.
what's your cutoff line, then, 4th?
Idk…I don’t want a hard line but the top 3 or 4 likely got a role or got nothing and can get caught…yesireeish is the line.
I find this very restrictive and would mainly want a boring ol' NotAScum wagon.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1582 (isolation #34) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:30 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I think yessiree might be town, which makes Pav less scummy.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1583 (isolation #35) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:47 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1517, Dannflor wrote: [oblivion, jake]
[the worst, firebringer, May]
[PP, june, davesaz]
[gob]
[yessireee, notascum]
[brian skies, pavowski]

[overconfident town reads]
[town reads that i am more likely to paranoia/reevaluate]
[small town leans]
[null]
[scum leans]
[overconfident scum reads]
True story. Dannflor grouped me with both of my stated scumreads and called me an
overconfident
scumread.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1584 (isolation #36) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:48 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Well, if we count NotAScum, then it's three of my stated scumreads. So apparently I'm just hardbussing my teammates.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1594 (isolation #37) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:11 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1568, davesaz wrote: I don't get the feeling that yessiree is looking for scum.
What makes you say this?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1595 (isolation #38) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:13 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1589, May wrote: Brian didn't you backpedal your pav read

So why would it be unreasonable to see you with pav as scum

Why is this even remotely the most important thing in the thread to you anyway

VOTE: Brian Skies
In post 465, Brian Skies wrote:
Firebringer:
Instantly votes me at gamestart. I do feel as though I would be a priority sort for town-Firebringer. His posting doesn't begin to feel like Firebringer until later pages. 317 is probably town, but probably not for the reason you're thinking.
Dunnstral:
Dunnstral's 34 felt town, particularly in that he was interested in voting in a list that included himself. He does go on to self-meta, but I don't find that alignment indicative. Later posting feels town.
the worst:
I wanted to vote the worst in my first post. Then 19 pages happened. 114 is as close to what I was going to do that I'm willing to townread the worst for it. 370 feels town.
davesaz:
99 feels like a townpost. I like davesaz's insistence on keeping town on track and focusing on things that are actually alignment indicative rather than draft speculation that currently has no legs to stand on.
PenguinPower:
Posting on page 7 feels town.
Gob:
The early speculation on draft information feels town, regardless of whether I agree with it. 47 feels town. 295 is probably town.
May:
Hypocrisy feels town in 168. Page 8 feels town.
June:
Cats are cool, I guess. This is about as high as I can place her considering those above her have been townier than the literal only thing June has accomplished thus far.
Jake:
Town? ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Oblivion:
I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about their posting, the way they say things, that just feels off. I do not like their 40. No definitive stance was taken, so they ended up saying a lot without actually contributing anything of value. 260 feels slightly town, but the entire interaction regarding the 'mason-blocking' feels a bit overblown. Asks a lot of questions but doesn't contribute anything of value itself. It just feels very empty considering how many words it has.

NotAScum:
I feel as though scum are more likely to refuse to catch up and read a game than town. Low confidence read. Not Mafia alt?

yessiree/Pavowski:
203 happened just two minutes after 201. Considering they are both entrance posts, I'm concerned of early bussing. 259 is the OMGUS from yessiree. Rule of 3 names with Pavowski in the middle. Highly suspicious. 439 is a bad post.
[PP, june, davesaz]
[gob]
[yessireee, notascum]
[brian skies, pavowski]

[small town leans]
[null]
[scum leans]
He literally took my bottom three reads, and grouped me with them. Me backpedaling on a read has nothing to do with the post that HE made.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1596 (isolation #39) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:15 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1590, May wrote: Brian all your posts read like a gold 1 Lucian that has absorbed all the souls of everyone in bronze silver and gold and has all their MMR absorbed into homonculus of souls but can't break into any originality of plat 5 because you're not town senna's love brings no warmth
When I played, I was a support player.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1597 (isolation #40) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:17 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1591, May wrote: If you're into the cogload/scum don't get jokes stuff even a little bit, then it's pretty oof that Brian parsed overconfident scumread = confident scumread
I don't see what confident v overconfident has to do with anything. They both represent the same idea.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1598 (isolation #41) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:17 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Hey look May, I can make several posts in a row too!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1599 (isolation #42) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:19 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Making me constantly catch up on 19, 10, 20 pages of content just to be present in the conversation because you don't know how to coalesce all your thoughts into
a single post. Like, please, eliminate me. It's pro-town and will end my suffering.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1600 (isolation #43) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:19 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Pagetop.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1601 (isolation #44) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:22 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1588, the worst wrote:
In post 1582, Brian Skies wrote: I think yessiree might be town, which makes Pav less scummy.
what about yessiree strikes u as town, is it a current thing or a catching up & considering thing?
The explanation of why they felt NotAScum's entrance could've been towny and then why it wasn't felt townish to me.

I actually felt they were townish earlier. Aside from the potential association with Pav, I don't think they've been scummy.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1669 (isolation #45) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:04 am

Post by Brian Skies »

VOTE: NotAScum

This is a guilty pleasure for me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1671 (isolation #46) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:09 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1607, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1583, Brian Skies wrote:
[PP, june, davesaz]
[gob]
[yessireee, notascum]
[brian skies, pavowski]

[small town leans]
[null]
[scum leans]
True story. Dannflor grouped me with both of my stated scumreads and called me an
overconfident
scumread.
Do you think that he did this intentionally?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In post 1624, Dannflor wrote: so am i scummy for grouping you with your scum reads brian
Depends on what you glean from this revelation. If you believe I seriously put both my buddies at the bottom of my initial reads list, then you're either bad or scum.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1674 (isolation #47) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:23 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1673, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1671, Brian Skies wrote: If you believe I seriously put both my buddies at the bottom of my initial reads list, then you're either bad or scum.
it's unlikely the team is exactly pavowski/yessirree/brian

but i haven't exactly posited that

i think it's very believable that you could put one of your buddies at the bottom of your initial reads list and then back pedal on it later
Truth be told, I would be backpedaling now. Is that what you believe I'm doing?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1682 (isolation #48) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:28 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1672, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1671, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1607, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1583, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1517, Dannflor wrote: [...]
overconfident
scumread.
Do you think that he did this intentionally?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[...]
By how you responded in , it seemed like you believed that Dann was more or less intentionally doing this.
What are your actual thoughts on him doing this?
1595 had more to do with May than Dann.

I do not believe it's mere coincidence that Dann put me in with my scumreads. I do find it interesting that he came to the same scumreads I did initially and then lumped me in with those scumreads. What does that say about him? I don't know.

But I have generally liked the slot before this.

I do find it concerning that May felt the need to come to Dann's defense so hard that she felt the need to vote me. Her defense of Dann didn't even feel townish.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1689 (isolation #49) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:13 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I feel like there should be some sort of conclusion drawn from this, but it might have gotten lost in transmission.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1698 (isolation #50) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

That only works if I'm scum.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1700 (isolation #51) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Pagetop.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1703 (isolation #52) » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:33 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

For some of us, there won't be a Day 2.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (isolation #53) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:20 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1765, gob wrote: VOTE: Brian Skie
The betrayal.

Now I can't backpedal on you lest I make myself more suspicious.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1795 (isolation #54) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:29 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Tis a joke.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1799 (isolation #55) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:23 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1711, Firebringer wrote:
In post 634, Brian Skies wrote: I have chosen gob and the worst as my buddy targets. They will carry me to victory.
hey u said gob was town. u still think that, convince me of it
I liked Gob's entrance into the game. Mostly everything else is a blur, but while nothing jumps out as super townish, it feels like a steady flow of townposting (with a heavy layer of jest).

Spoiler:
If I had to pick posts I like, they would be as follows:
In post 10, gob wrote: Firebringer 1
Oblivion 1
Dunnstral 2
NotAScum 2
the worst 3
Brian Skies 3

most these ppl r likely town However. The matching number people are likely t/w or t/t

i also think the big number people are towny

so basically im okay going with the matching number people cause theyre really likely t/w pairs -> even if we mislim big info gainef since theyre unlikely partners
In post 11, gob wrote: Fire/Brian
May/Pavoe

Fire and Brian are more likely w/w than May/Pavoe
In post 14, gob wrote: davesaz and yesiree also less likely to be w/w than fire and brian

But actually not… because Fire would ssy something everytime regardless of alignment. So nevermind.

All those people who voted without saying shit r on the same tier. I think May’s vote is the worst though, because i can see Fire and Dave noth making naked votes (no explanations) as town.
While his early conclusion of you and me being likely w/w is wrong, I do think these are likely town thoughts regarding the draft speculation.
In post 47, gob wrote: Here is what ive realized

trying to double think or be like

“oh they know we would think that so they actually did X”

is totallt pointless andneber works. The firstnperson i think is scum is usually scum.
In post 61, gob wrote: i am
not reading meta old games. Dont care

And i also dont care aboht anyone’s opinion’s derived from past games. So no offense in advance everyone. Just not interested in reading old shit that doesnt involve me.
The message and tone of these posts read town to me.
In post 176, gob wrote: Obliveon seems good. Buggy-type towny energy.

I also like Penguin and MAy
He suspects each of these players later, especially around his wagon speculation, and I feel scum would be more conscientious of that.
In post 177, gob wrote: I feel like Eevee is such an overrated pokemon. I hate it + all the eeveelutions. I do not like anything that is popular because popular = bad because most people = bad.
Eevee is one of my favorite Pokemon, so this is a bad post. This isn't alignment indicative, I just wanted to state as such.
In post 752, gob wrote:
In post 749, June wrote: hello have we found the wolves yet
no were totally lost. Come help out
This post feels town.
In post 896, gob wrote: I really do not like the compesition of the worst wagon .

the worst [4]:
Jake The Wolfie, May, PenguinPower, Firebringer

Unironicalyl I think we lim one of these people. I lean FB and PP.
In post 898, gob wrote:
In post 897, davesaz wrote: Do you TR the worst?
It's moreso a null read. But given how everyone went against them quickly they're less likely to be mafia i'd say.
In post 902, gob wrote:
In post 900, Jake The Wolfie wrote: By everyone, you mean less than half of all players.

And in any case this means nothing much. We're trying to drag this game out of RVS, so some of us are trying to form a wagon to see how Duckland reacts. This is standard practice and is one of the only methods we have to get anything done today.

Perhaps you would like to help with early game info collection by joining this or similar wagons.
Do you think your wagon is pure? I'm not taking issue with what you're doing at all. You're doing your thing im doing my thing.
In post 923, gob wrote: Interesting. Firebringer and May coming to the defense of Penguin right away.
In post 908, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 905, gob wrote:
In post 904, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 902, gob wrote:[...]

Do you think your wagon is pure? I'm not taking issue with what you're doing at all. You're doing your thing im doing my thing.
I don't know. Maybe its' not and the three others on it are all scum.
probably unlikely but yea its possible. Whose jump-on did you like the least among those 3? If any
They were all fine. I assumed that they were hopping on to get something done today, so I didn't think much of it
Your random guess may be right. They all 3 could be scum..
In post 939, gob wrote:
In post 936, Firebringer wrote: like come on ur not even acting like u really believe me may and penguin are a team. Ur telling me to call out may right now, why would i do that if she is on my team right now.
What are you doing that means you're not on a team with her?? I dont see anything in particular that disproves that.
In post 933, gob wrote:
In post 931, Firebringer wrote: im not hating, ur just making random pushes like u usually do and im calling it out
How is it a random push? I am pushing you three because you're on the worst wagon and i dont think that wagon smells good.
In post 944, gob wrote: well im pretty sure one of you four is scum.
In post 947, gob wrote:
In post 946, Firebringer wrote:
In post 944, gob wrote: well im pretty sure one of you four is scum.
because worst wagon bad.

because it smells

because why
ran up too quickly, like i said.
In post 956, gob wrote:
In post 953, May wrote: 4 slots in a 14p is a fast runup to you?
Yea especially when c-wagon is at 3
In post 960, gob wrote:
In post 959, Firebringer wrote:
In post 501, Datisi wrote: Brian Skies [4]: Firebringer, yessiree, PenguinPower, May
Did gob mention about brian skies wagon getting up to 4 too fast?
no. ACtually good point though. You PP and May are all on that one too
In post 961, gob wrote: More and more its looking like we lim one of you three. I am leaning you or PP.
In post 966, gob wrote:
In post 964, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Why do you think this is significant?
means worst is less likely to be scum.

I actually do think though that May PP and Fire its more likely one is scum. It's unrealistic that multiple scum would jump on the same wagon.
In post 968, gob wrote:
In post 967, Firebringer wrote: ngl u thinking its one of them is making think they are both extremely town. And I was very null on May before I started talking to you and only leaning town on penguin before u started talking about all 3 of us being potential scum
Well i think it could also be you.
In post 979, gob wrote:
In post 970, Jake The Wolfie wrote: And why do you think it makes them less likely to be scum, rather than it being that we're making flash wagons to extort reactions from people?
It's just less likely that they're cum if four people go against them that quickly. I do think the town on that wagon are probably exorting reactions though, so i agree there.
The conversation surrounding gob and the wagon spec makes me lean town on him.

Personally, I also believe Duckie and I got run up fairly quickly, and I believe being at the bottom of the draft order has something to do with that. I do think we're likely both town and that at least one scum is looking to take advantage of our poor draft position to jump on us.

May is the most opportunistic voter on my wagon, I'd have to recheck if that's the case with Duckie's wagon.

I do find it interesting Jake thinks maf can't flashwagon, but I don't know if that's actually alignment indicative.
In post 940, gob wrote: I think Firebringer is jealous because I outperformed him heavily in our scum game.
In post 942, gob wrote: So you have a problem with my confidence? Lol okay dude.

Yea im not actually 100% confident but why would i not act like i know what im doing? I want people to go along with me
In post 958, gob wrote:
In post 955, Firebringer wrote: Are u even attempting to sort me in this conversation.
Why do you keep mentioning sorting lol. There are other things you can do in this game. You seem to have a very narrow view of this game and I am not interested in playing 'standard' so whatever you're expecting, you can stop expecting it.
In post 1002, gob wrote: You called out 3 random people as a scum team, like I did. You are 'sorting' surface level.

You said i was doing fake shit, so i called you doing fake shit. Aka calling your entire play bullshit. You follow?
Gob seems townish in his exchange with you.
In post 1437, gob wrote: I read Pawvosiki's iso. I really don't like his opening post. But everything after that such as the jake read sounds real to me. I also really like the wording in #892.
Gob is currently voting Pav here, which makes this another time where Gob seemingly flips his read. Once again, I feel as though scum would be more conscientious of doing this.

The one thing that I find concerning is his strong early declaration of June being town. But considering June may or may not have crumbed a power role, it's very much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I do believe Duckie did the same thing, and you're scumreading him as well.

Personally, I do not think someone having a power role in this setup is alignment indicative.

Why do you think we should be voting Gob?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1800 (isolation #56) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:36 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Pagetop.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2060 (isolation #57) » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:45 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Part of me wants to reread this game. But part of me also doesn't think NAS flip will provide much illumination.

I dunno. Gob kinda sat on my wagon for a while until he hammered NAS. So I don't really want to get in firepup's way right now.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2529 (isolation #58) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:32 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I think we should keep yessiree alive and make him work for his elimination.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2531 (isolation #59) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:46 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2454, the worst wrote: basically if dave hits any of these, excepting any of [jk / n2 jk target / n3 jk target (pre-selected) / vig], we're gonna win.
Dannflor
May
Oblivion
the worst
yessiree
Firebringer
So these are the non-clears. Technically Davesaz is a non-clear, but considering him claiming tracker puts him in a losing situation as scum, I'm going to assume he's town for the time being.

Of those remaining, I'm probably most concerned about May or Dannflor. Personally, I'm reading Firebringer and yessiree as town.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2536 (isolation #60) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:16 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Yeah, but deceased townies can no longer influence the result of the game.

Either way, you should be trying to help town win so long as you're alive.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2547 (isolation #61) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:10 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Jake has been confirmed Neighborizer by two different living players. Scum aren't multi-tasking, therefore Jake can't be scum.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2553 (isolation #62) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:16 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Firebringer sacrificing himself so dav can get another hardclear.

o7
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2554 (isolation #63) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:18 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I believe that leaves just one potential claim.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2578 (isolation #64) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:31 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

2/4 scum in my initial scumreads ain't bad.

VOTE: Oblivion
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2587 (isolation #65) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:37 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Roles were pretty evenly distributed between front and back halves of the draft.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2594 (isolation #66) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:45 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm happy Duckling and I managed to both survive to endgame. Although I did require a cop clearing me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2596 (isolation #67) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:46 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Ydrasse WAS a cop. Just not the one you would normally expect.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2603 (isolation #68) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:50 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

We just need one more to hammer this wagon.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2604 (isolation #69) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:50 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Firebringer, what was your final read on me before I was cleared?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2620 (isolation #70) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:04 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Fakeclaims scum -> Gets us to Night Phase and more clears faster

You should be taking notes yessiree.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2629 (isolation #71) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:08 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I claimed vt on Day 1.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2631 (isolation #72) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:09 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 477, May wrote: Brian kinda felt like he needed more scumn reads than he has so then the o-ring read is overstated and reachy instead of just "hi folks I'm flailing today"
^But was I wrong?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2640 (isolation #73) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:26 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

The fact you got all of those role pairings with your draft standing is pretty impressive.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2653 (isolation #74) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:10 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2648, May wrote: Your read was right. You more accurately read players in this game than I did rosterwide.

I don't see some kind of reason to reevaluate my approach to trying to make reads or anything but you have unlimited coupons to say you read best this game
I'm not the type of person to hold results of one game over another player's head. I'm just as liable to having a poor game. And I was wrong on Gob until late Day 1.

Your comment about my Oblivion read just stood out to me. Oblivion was just sketchy to me this game and I am fortunate to have been right. Although my read had nothing to do with Oblivion's elimination this game. They were only done in by ineffective team play and auto-win conditions.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2654 (isolation #75) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:12 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I believe Oblivion was still in most people's town piles. So if it weren't for all the clears, they could've made a strong run this game.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”