KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:54 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1450, JacksonVirgo wrote: VOTE: Malachai
I don’t think this is the correct direction we should be going.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:09 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1451, KayJayQueue wrote:
I don’t think so, I checked back in the VC history for when NM/RN was happening and he looks pretty bad with that. I’m also using Drews read on him to back my confidence in this vote.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:12 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

Roland-slot was my most confident town read, GIF being second. I will not be on this vote at all today unless given concrete proof that he’s scum.
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:17 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1452, JacksonVirgo wrote:
I don’t think so, I checked back in the VC history for when NM/RN was happening and he looks pretty bad with that. I’m also using Drews read on him to back my confidence in this vote.
What makes you uneasy about VC history?
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:25 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1373, Doctor Drew wrote: I actually think NM actually is scum here, there is definitely a sense of panic from them.

And this is definitely the most I have seen them actually play the game(the irony given the controversy surrounding him lol)
Drew - what made you feel a sense of panic from N_M? Him being unusually active (by N_M's standards) or something else?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:26 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1454, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 1452, JacksonVirgo wrote:
What makes you uneasy about VC history?
Their move to you seemed to happen at an opportunistic moment. I was actively searching for a vote that looked bad so I may very well be blowing it out of proportion but the fact I saw that it was his vote, that Drew had a scum-ready on him and my thoughts have been townie towards him on the surface level but my actual opinion on him has been falling at least a small amount consistently that I threw out temporarily to try and help town dissonance but that should be relatively gone now so I can admit to myself those feelings.

I still think a scum is in my top reads from D1 and one died, if it’s not Malachi I’m thinking Solon but Malachi feels so much better to me as a bunch of things are lining up specifically rather than just one argument I personally hold against Solon which is that he dropped off when he was getting townread as if there was no need to post. Which aligns with what a scum would feel.

I also massively dislike Malachais retraction of the gob/jv read. It was incredibly jarring and I didn’t trust it for a moment but knew I had to wait to call on this feeling or it’d do more harm than good. I waited and hoped someone would respond before me so I can just wilfully ignore it for the moment but nobody did so I just made up whatever response I could to move on.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:31 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1455, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 1373, Doctor Drew wrote: I actually think NM actually is scum here, there is definitely a sense of panic from them.

And this is definitely the most I have seen them actually play the game(the irony given the controversy surrounding him lol)
Drew - what made you feel a sense of panic from N_M? Him being unusually active (by N_M's standards) or something else?
Explain why you’re asking this right after he answers

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:35 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

I’d like to know if any of Snow’s reads have changed.
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:51 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1457, JacksonVirgo wrote:

You mean "why am I asking if Drew's post contains the answer"? Drew has had had experience with N_M, he referred to that experience and somewhat defended N_M at first, but then called him a panicked scum. I wonder whether there is anything specific save for N_M's unusual activity. And yes, I suspect a Drew-N_M team.
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:08 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1458, KayJayQueue wrote: I’d like to know if any of Snow’s reads have changed.
Need to do a VC analysis myself. Tentatively I would still townread Fancy (prob even more) and Solon and may be Jackson. At least reluctant to vote Jackson today.

Will look at Drew-Malachai-Kay. Malachai has been my TR, but Drew's train, which formed and dissolved so quickly, needs some thought.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:18 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1459, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 1457, JacksonVirgo wrote:

You mean "why am I asking if Drew's post contains the answer"? Drew has had had experience with N_M, he referred to that experience and somewhat defended N_M at first, but then called him a panicked scum. I wonder whether there is anything specific save for N_M's unusual activity. And yes, I suspect a Drew-N_M team.
You are conf-biased, and if you believe you aren’t the burden of proof is on you. At the moment I am refusing to humour a drew scum world

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:19 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1460, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 1458, KayJayQueue wrote: I’d like to know if any of Snow’s reads have changed.
Need to do a VC analysis myself. Tentatively I would still townread Fancy (prob even more) and Solon and may be Jackson. At least reluctant to vote Jackson today.

Will look at Drew-Malachai-Kay. Malachai has been my TR, but Drew's train, which formed and dissolved so quickly, needs some thought.
Why a VC analysis?

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:22 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Snow also has strong scum equity through my VCA, probably stronger than Malachai does actually but deeper analysis can come soon

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:22 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

VOTE: Snow
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:24 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Malachai dipped off, Snow actively avoided it which I considered Townie at the time hence my shift I was refusing to explain in the moment. Solon as a counterwagon is strange, but the alternative was NM who would have been their partner in a scum snow world. The pivot to Drew is awful but it would also explain why that happened to begin with. One of malachai and snow are wolves and we have the freedom to chop down both. I want to chop down both.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:24 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

“It” being the NM wagon, to be extra clear

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:29 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1280, GuyInFreezer wrote: before we end the day and I get nightkilled for being too town.
Self-fulfilling prophecy, RIP. You were too town for this game GIF!
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:26 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

1. Malachai started an attack on me after my comments on Fancy’s post and voted me. Before that his vote was in N_M.

2. The VC as per 1351 was:

Not_Mafia (3): Solon, JacksonVirgo, Doctor Drew E-2
Snow2697 (3): FancyPants, Malachai, KayJayQueue E-2
Solon (1): Snow2697
Doctor Drew (1): Not_Mafia
Not Voting (1): GuyInFreezer

3. GiF gave 5 locked towns in his 1343 (Jackson, Malachai, Kay, Snow, Solon). Drew called N_M scum in 1373. Jackson wrote in 1123: “No longer want Snow, I dont think people are feeling Fancy rn”.

4. By 1374 I retracted my vote vs Solon and voted Drew. 2 minutes later in the next post Malachai voted Drew and claimed Drew-Jackson scumteam.

5. VC as per 1379:

Not_Mafia (3): Solon, JacksonVirgo, Doctor Drew E-2
Doctor Drew (3): Not_Mafia, Snow2697, Malachai E-2
Snow2697 (2): FancyPants, KayJayQueue
Not Voting (1): GuyInFreezer

6. GiF voted Drew putting him at E-1, then revoked and voted N_M, Malachai was upset. Then Kay hammered N_M.

My views.

1. After 1351 VC I was probably at little risk of being limmed. I had 3 votes, Drew’s and Solon’s votes seemed locked at N_M, GiF and Jackson didn’t want to vote me.

2. The only other options could be N_M and Drew, although the prospects of Drew’s train seemed slim.

3. Fancy wrote in his 1262: “Drew - prob town: I've turned around on Drew, but it might just be that I like the way he thinks and posts - meh.” Had he been scum, I don’t think he would have called me locked scum and Drew “prob town”. A better option would have been to allow himself a degree of freedom to choose whom to lim to save for N_M. He could have thought that Drew was not an option and that pushing me was better, but I doubt. So, Fancy calling Drew “prob town” makes Fancy even more townish for me.

4. Jackson and Solon – gave early votes to N_M. Jackson-scum could have pushed me, or at least could have left this possibility. Instead, his 1123 foreclose this. Solon – does not make any sense to do what he did had he been scum.

5. Kay - if there was real chance to vote out Drew after GiF’s vote switch, then Kay is locked town. As scum she would have waited, Malachai might have convinced someone (GiF?) to vote Drew, and then she could have reasonably joined Malachai vs Drew.
If there was no chance to collect votes vs Drew, then Kay can be scum who hammered her fellow scum to look townish.
Don’t want to touch Kay until I form view on this question. Her vote into me, even before I set out my views, looked bad.

6. Drew - suspect him, his team with N_M makes sense. But his 3rd vote against N_M seems premature. Why not just focus on me?
Malachai - his actions look bad in that he targeted me, and then switched to Drew when my push failed. But need to look at whether Roland/Malachai-N_M scum team is feasible.

So, my options are Drew/Malachai - Kay.
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:31 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1465, JacksonVirgo wrote: Malachai dipped off, Snow actively avoided it which I considered Townie at the time hence my shift I was refusing to explain in the moment. Solon as a counterwagon is strange, but the alternative was NM who would have been their partner in a scum snow world. The pivot to Drew is awful but it would also explain why that happened to begin with. One of malachai and snow are wolves and we have the freedom to chop down both. I want to chop down both.
I criticized Kay for picking easy targets and thought that I could not vote her or N_M because of this. I therefore chose Drew. He was less scummy for me than Kay (I called Drew sus and Kay scummy), but he was a tougher target and I don't think that there were real prospects of a train vs Drew before Malachai jumped on him after me (and after his heavy critique on me). I even complained at some point that Drew seemed untouchable.
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:37 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1467, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1280, GuyInFreezer wrote: before we end the day and I get nightkilled for being too town.
Self-fulfilling prophecy, RIP. You were too town for this game GIF!
So, do you think that I killed a "too town" player who called me "lock town" and stayed here with others? Like you who ask me a question and then vote me before I can even have a word?

Need to make a break until evening.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:28 am

Post by Malachai »

Drew, I apologize for taking that too far yesterday. Would very much like to hit the reset button on that one.
"Nothing can be further than the truth!" -George W. Bush
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:32 am

Post by Malachai »

I don't have a lot of fresh analysis this morning since that went pretty much exactly as I thought. I do want to point out that I did indeed try to save GIF yesterday by tossing some suspicion on him and hoping to muddy the waters a bit, but it was genuinely surprising to me when he said the quiet part out loud and made it obvious that I was doing so, which frankly did make me legitimately question whether I was even reading him right. Because he was early cashing in townie points instead of secretly accepting the dodge of a scum kill. Just to walk you all through that exchange, if you were interested in reviewing it.

Jackson, where was this depth of analysis yesterday?
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:36 am

Post by Solon »

I'm on holiday so have limited access.

I'm a weak one shot town neighbour and I targetted guy in freezer, so unfortunately wasted my shot.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:44 am

Post by Malachai »

As for my vote switch on Not Mafia and my Ryan Reynolds frustration, that's entirely because I was disappointed that we probably weren't going to be clearing Drew's slot as a result of that vote. And I think I still believe Drew is my highest scum read at the moment. His slot felt a lot more like a significant positive achievement to clear, after which I felt like town would probably cruise to victory since I had such a small scum pool of Not Mafia and Jackson at that point. If Drew had flipped scum, I'd probably have just reverted to Not Mafia next and saved Jackson for last, knowing the resistance I'd encounter to convince everyone he was scum.

Also, at that moment when I voted for Drew and got irritated at whoever for switching to Not Mafia, I was feeling really good about a Drew / Jackson team, and there was a great deal of serendipity to support that. Not Mafia also read those two as scum, and Jackson defended Drew quite a bit. The fact that Jackson is a bulls-by-the-horns type of player just felt to me like he was opting for the "come on, I would not defend my scummate THIS hard" and he absolutely is 100% capable of pulling that off from what I can tell.

Obviously the scum team is NOT Drew / Jackson and I'm inclined to believe it is Drew. But I do have a little pause seeing Jackson's responses here, much more analytical and in-depth than yesterday, as if he is propelled into action by something (like being the last scum alive??)

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”