Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by SlySly »

SlySly wrote:
D
oesn't it sound like a better idea to maybe call for certain role claims from town, i.e. masons that can confirm their partner as town, to make sure we get a town dictator.
O
nly masons that can confirm their partners should claim in this scenario.
C
ould it be a good idea for other roles that could be confirmed town by investigation to come forward as to make themselves a target of investigation now to become another valid dictator candidate/successor later?
Dictator, kill me as you please.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by SlySly »

Probably the most pro-town move now is for Calig to immediately abdicate to me because without the bulletproof vest, I am dead the instant night falls.
Caligulaph
Caligulaph
Townie
Caligulaph
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:09 pm

Post by Caligulaph »

Okay, your role-claim is an idea. Maybe it could work. Maybe. But there must be another answer. Unless I misunderstand what role-claiming is exactly. As far as I know, it is CLAIMING to be a certain role. If we decide that player BOB should be checked by the cop during the night, there are two possible outcomes:
1) a mafia can say, the next morning, "I am a cop, and I checked out Bob over there, and he is a sure-fire townie, alright! Make him dictator!" where Bob would be a mafia-member as well.
2) a real cop said the same thing, exposed him/herself, and proved Bob pro-town, but what will the mafia do that night knowing the cop, do you think? There are just too many loop-holes for the mafia to exploit. It is a chance I do not think the town should take.

And I am sorry; I do not understand. How would abdicating my power to you a pro-town move? If I did abdicate and chose you to be my successor, assuming we won the 50% chance of success, then what will happen? I do not see the outcome falling in the best interest of the people. But maybe it does; if there are people who support me abdicating, let them speak.

Does anyone support SlySly in his time of need? Is there some kind of insight that he has that I am missing? If there is, then please explain.

Sorry if I have been somewhat rude in times of late; perhaps it is dictatorship or my general opposition to SlySly that has done this to me. Please tell me if I begin drifting away from logic and act on raging emotion. That is something I certainly hope not to see in myself.

So other than the SlySly trial, are there any other businesses that should take place before the end of the day? Any other oppositions to me or leads on scum members or anything else noteworthy?
-Dannald

P.S. - I will be away from all computers from December 27, 2008 until January 1, 2009. Happy new year.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Post by Occam »

Well first off, breadcrumbing a role by no means confirms it. But I don't think Sly ought to be lynched at the moment -
unvote
- neither do I think Cali should abdicate to him right now. I want to think about this before the day ends, if you don't mind, Cali.
Slice.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

SlySly wrote:Like I said before, if reading 84 doesn't clear me in your mind, you are either scum or you are not reading the post well enough.
Your post 84 does not "clear" you at all. You have chosen three sentences out of the ten in the post you cite, and specifically the first letter of those three/ten sentences that spell "doc", apparently in order to roleclaim before D1 even began, and you expect everyone to simply accept as a fact that you are a doc? I don't buy it, sorry. Your post 84, using only the first letter of each sentence, spells out ITDOCTTIDT, after all. That's pretty lame if was intended to be a legitimate "breadcrumb" by a legitimate power role.

Even assuming that wrote it as an intended "breadcrumb" for purposes of later claiming a power role, the poor quality of your post and the apparent lack of thought that went into it are such that it is not convincing to me, particularly since you could easily have done the same thing as scum. If you really are a doc, your effort was poor, indeed.

So, you have nobody but yourself to blame if you are executed, even if you really
are
a doc, frankly, but I, for one, am not at all convinced. I find it difficult to comprehend a real doc acting in the manner that you have so far in this game.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:51 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Caligulaph wrote:So other than the SlySly trial, are there any other businesses that should take place before the end of the day?
Why, yes, there are, indeed: the promised feast and the promised poem, neither of which have materialized as yet, for starters.

There will, no doubt, be much more pressing business than these items to attend to as the day progresses, but still... promises are promises and they ought to be fulfilled. :P

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

As an aside, Caligulaph, you probably should abdicate as a show of faith on Day 2, regardless of the outcome of Day 1, and the player to whom you abdicate should be chosen by majority vote of the rest of us later on Day 1, but before twilight sets. We have
lots
of time before twilight sets, and we should collectively make best use of it.

Regards,
Jazz
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

Humm I recall someone saying he played with sly before, did sly have a similar behaviour in previous games where he was town? Although his behaviour seems really scummy to me, it might be his regular behaviour as a town.

I think I can agree on the abdicate system jazz, even though cali seems the most towny to me, we really need to spread the risk. We might want to stick with a succesfull dictator later on so we dont end up with a mafia dictator who is very hard to overthrow because of the lack of players.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:20 am

Post by Der Hammer »

I don't think there should be any abdication unless the town agree on it despite it all being in the dictators power. I'd also agree that no one should really be overthrown for the sake of it.

Slysly, doesnt really look all too scummy to me, but if he is going to be killed surely its abit soon.
You used to be alright
What happened?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:17 am

Post by SlySly »

Jazzmyn wrote:You have chosen three sentences out of the ten in the post you cite, and specifically the first letter of those three/ten sentences that spell "doc", apparently in order to roleclaim before D1 even began
Notice that the paragraph in question is isolated since you don't believe me.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Jebus »

Although I find Sly to be the execution of the day, I'm not sure as though we should lynch a claimed doc D1.

Then again, 175 could merely be a circumstantial coincidence that Sly has put together.

And not to mention post 176.

Sly, are you in fact a doctor? Straight answer please. Either "I am a doctor" or "I am not a doctor".
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:36 am

Post by Jebus »

SlySly wrote:
Jazzmyn wrote:You have chosen three sentences out of the ten in the post you cite, and specifically the first letter of those three/ten sentences that spell "doc", apparently in order to roleclaim before D1 even began
Notice that the paragraph in question is isolated since you don't believe me.
Why should we believe you? Just because someone 'claims' doctor doesn't clear them as pro-town. A little skepticism can go a long way :/
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Gorrad »

As has been stated, claim != role. I don't like SlySly. I think he's lying to out the real one. But for now, I'll
Unvote
. Better safe than sorry.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:25 am

Post by SlySly »

I am the doctor.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Note: I'm currently not obligated to keep vote counts, but if enough players request it, I may be able to do so.

christiano drago has been prodded for recent inactivity. Moratorium avoids the prod because of his sig.
The end justifies the means.
Caligulaph
Caligulaph
Townie
Caligulaph
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Caligulaph »

I began the poem, but it took an entirely different route than I ever expected. The new title is "The Trader and the Monkey King," which was actually an older and smaller poem of mine that I am expanding and...making into a feast. I have started to write it down on paper. I am on the third page, and I estimate it will be finished on the sixth page. There is not as much focus on the feast as much as there is on a plot, though.

Haha, Gorrad, claim != role. Being a programmer, I laughed at that.

Aherm, now to more pressing matters...

Alright, so I agree with Jazzmyn that it would be a good idea for me to abdicate part way through the second day. When exactly I will abdicate and who I will attempt to succeed to will be discussed another time. Note that I am leaving on the 27th of December for a trip, and I will not arrive back until the 1st of January, so I may want to abdicate before then to prevent an inactive dictator, because no one likes an inactive dictator!

SlySly claims to be a cop. I do not think it can be 100% confirmed or not at this point. I also see some withdrawal from executing him. I believe his quick and speedy attempt to overthrow me was quite a controversial issue that many disapproved of. At the same time, however, it was a natural reaction to a plausible scum becoming dictator. Perhaps it was a bit irrational to do it so quickly, but it was natural...if that makes any sense to you all. SlySly may act different from us, but this does not make him instantly a scum, not to say that he is not a scum, but perhaps we acted against SlySly as quickly as he tried to overthrow me.

We will postpone execution. Officer SlySly, do you have any suspicions of mafia at the moment? I mean, other than me. Or does anyone, for that matter? Or are there any other matters appropriate for the time? Let us discuss, and bask in our sharings!
-Dannald

P.S. - I will be away from all computers from December 27, 2008 until January 1, 2009. Happy new year.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Gorrad »

Ok, I see SlySly imediately doing a breadcrumb (a weak one at that), then putting himself in a position where he would be forced to use that breadcrumb by doing something extremely scummy. That means he was expecting an early claim. What doc in their right mind would set themselves up for an early claim? Scum trying to out the doc so that they could get him out of the way early in a setup with one person a night already being given a shot at NK-immunity.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Der Hammer »

Gorrad wrote:Ok, I see SlySly imediately doing a breadcrumb (a weak one at that), then putting himself in a position where he would be forced to use that breadcrumb by doing something extremely scummy. That means he was expecting an early claim. What doc in their right mind would set themselves up for an early claim? Scum trying to out the doc so that they could get him out of the way early in a setup with one person a night already being given a shot at NK-immunity.
That actually makes perfect sense. Slysly now looks scummy to me.
You used to be alright
What happened?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:49 am

Post by SlySly »

Calig, the rest of town has convinced me. I must be scum. Please kill me and prove to the geniuses just how brilliant they are.

Funny that my crumb was so weak yet none of you Einstein's picked it up till I pointed it out.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Occam »

Yeah, Sly's play seems scum motivated, I just don't get it. If he isn't scum I don't know why he played like crap. Also, who the hell is looking for breadcrumbs at this stage in the game? If you really thought it was going to be so obvious, didn't you figure the scum could just as easily pick up on it too?
Slice.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:39 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

I still can't really see why breadcrumbing is a good thing, it doesnt seem more powerful then claiming to me, but everyone can have his own opinion on that matter ofcourse....
It only means you were thinking of claiming before or just having the option open, which as gorad stated is just as likely if not more likely a scum tactic as a town tactic...

(Im a programmer aswell btw :wink: but im so used to != that i didnt even notice it)
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:43 am

Post by SlySly »

This is not a normal game of mafia.

Most of you seem to be forgetting that. Had things went my way, the cop would now be in power and under double protection with no one knowing my role.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Occam »

sly wrote: Had things went my way, the
claimed
cop would now be in power and under double protection with no one knowing my role.
Fixed.
Slice.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:57 am

Post by SlySly »

How is what we have now better?
Caligulaph
Caligulaph
Townie
Caligulaph
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Caligulaph »

Ah, well deducted, Gorrad. I must agree with the above in that "bread-crumbing," as I believe it was called, has no greater significance over plainly claiming. It is just fancy claiming, as far as I understand. I have difficulty seeing you as a doctor.

(Oh, and I think I said some post ago that you had claimed to be a cop; I most certainly meant to say doc. I guess it is because they are the same thing backwards that got me confused or something. :p)

And you propose that we wait until someone claims to be a cop and go 100% in protecting him and listening to his every command? How do we verify that this person is a cop? And how do we verify any verifications anyone makes? There is no way to tell. All we can do is just pick who we believe will serve the town the best based on what each person has said and how they have acted, which is what we have now. Not to say that I am the greatest town savior out of the twelve of us, but that is to say that I was chosen by popularity.

I hold the belief that the method we have used makes it more challenging for the mafia to get in power from opposed to role-claiming.
-Dannald

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”