Mini Normal 2333 | woah that's a lot of 3's | It's Gypover !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:44 am

Post by Gypyx »

now with seasoning !

Political Clout (3) :
Political Clout / Davesaz / Brian Skies
Random Nurse (3) :
BlackStar / Titus / PenguinPower
yessiree (2) :
StraightFlush / Hu Tao
Hu Tao (1) :
yessiree
Davesaz (1) :
SmileyDude1
BlackStar (1) :
Greeting
Titus (1) :
KayJayQueue

Not Voting (1) :
Random Nurse

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to execute someone, day 1 ends in (expired on 2024-03-25 13:02:46)

vote history
PenguinPower :
yessiree (8) -> Brian Skies (29) -> Random Nurse (118)
yessiree :
PenguinPower (9) -> Political Clout (82) -> Hu Tao (121)
Davesaz :
greeting (13) -> Political Clout (76)
BlackStar :
Political Clout (18) -> Unvote(52) -> Random Nurse (90)
KayJayQueue :
Brian Skies (22) -> Titus (95)
Political Clout :
Politicial Clout (26)
SmileyDude1 :
Brian Skies (27) -> Unvote (91) -> Davesaz (92)
Greeting :
BlackStar (70)
Brian Skies :
Political Clout (83)
TItus :
Random Nurse (94)
StraightFlush :
yessiree (124)
Hu Tao :
yessiree (128)

mod notesBrian Skies and Titus are V/LA until monday
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:56 am

Post by Political Clout »

VOTE: brian

Be back this afternoon
Ya basic!
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:42 am

Post by Random Nurse »

I'm still fixated on this plate of food it pisses me off.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:45 am

Post by Gypyx »

truly the director's vision has been achieved
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:11 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 137, Greeting wrote: I’m happy writing
SmileyDude
off as town for the time being.
I agree
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:15 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 151, Political Clout wrote: VOTE: brian

Be back this afternoon
I'm curious to hear the reasoning for this
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:31 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 136, Political Clout wrote:
In post 84, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 74, Random Nurse wrote: So, what, you're wanting some wagons to develop?

Sounds a bit suss to me.
Wagons are a valuable tool for hunting scum.

yessiree seems town to me.
+scum
I agree. If yess is town I could see Brian soft defending as scum here
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:05 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

Spoiler:
In post 134, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 133, yessiree wrote:
In post 124, StraightFlush wrote: VOTE:
VOTE: yessiree

I agree that this inconsistency from him is very strange.
What inconsistency
You say you want to get some wagons going, and you’re willing to attempt starting a wagon on someone because they won’t feed into that, but you also say you don’t expect current votes to mean much of anything since we’re still in the feel-it-out phase? Those two don’t really go together, why vote people and start wagons when they won’t mean anything yet

You also say in the same post that you won’t share what you’re looking for in a wagon/what your standards for voting are, which is scummy behavior in its own right imo
In post 135, yessiree wrote:

What inconsistency
You say you want to get some wagons going, and you’re willing to attempt starting a wagon on someone because they won’t feed into that, but you also say you don’t expect current votes to mean much of anything since we’re still in the feel-it-out phase? Those two don’t really go together, why vote people and start wagons when they won’t mean anything yet

You also say in the same post that you won’t share what you’re looking for in a wagon/what your standards for voting are, which is scummy behavior in its own right imo
I see, but you're confusing two things here. I said I'm not expecting votes to be well justified at this stage because I saw people were putting too much emphasis on this. That's not the same as having no reads at all which is Hu's case, and kinda why I was poking at her.

And I think it's pretty self-explanatory I'm obviously not telling y'all what I consider are scummy behaviours so you can do the towny thing instead the scummy thing

I think the logic in both of these posts feel relatively sound to me. i'd say this feels closer to TvT right now.
Friendly Neighborhood Scummer

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:11 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

Spoiler: quote wall
In post 141, StraightFlush wrote:

What inconsistency

I see, but you're confusing two things here. I said I'm not expecting votes to be well justified at this stage because I saw people were putting too much emphasis on this. That's not the same as having no reads at all which is Hu's case, and kinda why I was poking at her.

And I think it's pretty self-explanatory I'm obviously not telling y'all what I consider are scummy behaviours so you can do the towny thing instead the scummy thing
I've never gotten the appeal behind using votes to "poke" people personally. Let them get up to speed on their own. At the time Hu said they had no reads, I also happened to not have any reads yet
-SNIP-

Would you say that this behavior is AI though? Like do you think it's more just ineffective or more indicative of scum intentions in this instance?

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:12 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 142, davesaz wrote:
In post 140, Greeting wrote: What do you think about self-voting in the game in general?
Strongly dislike in general. There may be very limited cases where it actually furthers one's wincon, but for the most part it doesn't.
What's your thoughts on PC disregarding the self-vote?

ADHD
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:06 am

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 158, SmileyDude1 wrote:

What inconsistency

I've never gotten the appeal behind using votes to "poke" people personally. Let them get up to speed on their own. At the time Hu said they had no reads, I also happened to not have any reads yet
-SNIP-

Would you say that this behavior is AI though? Like do you think it's more just ineffective or more indicative of scum intentions in this instance?
I’m not experienced enough to speak in absolutes here, but it absolutely can be. Prodding readless people this early into D1 is a super LHF way to male yourself look like you’re doing something solvy, which benefits scum
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:09 am

Post by StraightFlush »

(yes I know the irony of my word choice in the first sentence, but you get the point I’m trying to make lol. Can’t say it absolutely is AI, but it can be)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:59 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 159, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 142, davesaz wrote:
In post 140, Greeting wrote: What do you think about self-voting in the game in general?
Strongly dislike in general. There may be very limited cases where it actually furthers one's wincon, but for the most part it doesn't.
What's your thoughts on PC disregarding the self-vote?
Insufficient data.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:10 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 144, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 143, davesaz wrote:
In post 141, StraightFlush wrote: Come now, it's not realistic for mafia to kowtow to everyone's townie standards at once.
Umm, are you saying you're mafia?
That's a bit of a stretch.
Is it a stretch? Here's the whole post for more context.

What inconsistency

Come now, it's not realistic for mafia to kowtow to everyone's townie standards at once. I think all of us here are different enough in what we look for in order for that to be the case, so honesty is almost certainly the best policy. Personally, I think the towniest thing someone can do is defend a person who's currently unpopular with a well-reasoned argument
Who are you referring to when you say it's not realistic for mafia to kowtow? Why use "mafia" there and not "town" or "players"?
I don't generally agree with the notion of "slips", but this feels like there is a subtle mafia point of view aspect to the post.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:16 am

In post 155, BlackStar wrote:

Be back this afternoon
why curious?
Ya basic!
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:59 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 160, StraightFlush wrote:

What inconsistency

-SNIP-

I’m not experienced enough to speak in absolutes here, but it absolutely can be. Prodding readless people this early into D1 is a super LHF way to male yourself look like you’re doing something solvy, which benefits scum
In post 161, StraightFlush wrote: (yes I know the irony of my word choice in the first sentence, but you get the point I’m trying to make lol. Can’t say it absolutely is AI, but it can be)
I'm a little confused. What's the point of saying that something can be alignment indicative but might not be? If you don't feel strongly about it one way or the other then why mention it?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:00 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 164, Political Clout wrote:

Be back this afternoon
why curious?
I didn't see post 136 so I wasn't sure why you were voting for him
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:34 am

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 163, davesaz wrote: snip

Who are you referring to when you say it's not realistic for mafia to kowtow? Why use "mafia" there and not "town" or "players"?
I don't generally agree with the notion of "slips", but this feels like there is a subtle mafia point of view aspect to the post.
I don't understand this question, or the conclusion you're getting. I told yess that it's unproductive for him to hide his thoughts on people/standards for voting someone, because we're probably all different enough that mafia won't be able to fit everyone's preferred townie image at once. Judging by how left-field your response is, I can only assume that you misunderstood the conversation.
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:38 am

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 165, BlackStar wrote:
In post 160, StraightFlush wrote:

What inconsistency

-SNIP-

In post 161, StraightFlush wrote: (yes I know the irony of my word choice in the first sentence, but you get the point I’m trying to make lol. Can’t say it absolutely is AI, but it can be)
I'm a little confused. What's the point of saying that something can be alignment indicative but might not be? If you don't feel strongly about it one way or the other then why mention it?
Because Smiley asked for my opinion? If I'm not 100% sure about something I think, I'll say so; that situation shouldn't disqualify things from deserving to be said.
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:48 am

In post 166, BlackStar wrote:

Be back this afternoon
why curious?

I think just generates more questions than it gives answers for. Why did 136 answer your question or how did it.
Ya basic!
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:31 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 169, Political Clout wrote:

Be back this afternoon
why curious?
I think just generates more questions than it gives answers for. Why did 136 answer your question or how did it.
Is Hu Tao's assessment accurate? Or did you have a different reason?
Spoiler:
In post 156, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 74, Random Nurse wrote: So, what, you're wanting some wagons to develop?

Sounds a bit suss to me.

+scum

Edited for clarity
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:13 pm

In post 170, BlackStar wrote:
In post 169, Political Clout wrote:

Be back this afternoon
why curious?
Is Hu Tao's assessment accurate? Or did you have a different reason?
Spoiler:
In post 156, Hu Tao wrote:

Sounds a bit suss to me.

+scum

Edited for clarity
Why would you assume hu taos assessment is accurate? I only said one word.
Ya basic!
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:31 pm

Post by BlackStar »

Can you say what your reasons are?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:36 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 152, Random Nurse wrote: I'm still fixated on this plate of food it pisses me off.
Why are there black things on our plate now?
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:37 pm

In post 173, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 152, Random Nurse wrote: I'm still fixated on this plate of food it pisses me off.
Why are there black things on our plate now?
I'm feeling more confident on my read here.
Ya basic!

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”