Mini Normal 2333 | woah that's a lot of 3's | It's Gypover !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:30 pm

Post by Political Clout »

In post 198, Brian Skies wrote: What makes you think that was antagonistic?
Lol seriously?

What was the point of that post?
Ya basic!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:36 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Use your imagination.
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:37 pm

In post 201, Brian Skies wrote: Use your imagination.
Yeah this is just scum angry at being caught so soon.
Ya basic!
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:39 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 118, PenguinPower wrote: VOTE: random nurse
In post 145, KayJayQueue wrote: I might have a really busy day at work today but I’ll be checking in as often as I can!
Haven't heard from either of you recently. Would like to hear any new thoughts you guys have about the game so far, whenever you get a chance.
Friendly Neighborhood Scummer

ADHD
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:40 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm not even angry.

Sounds more like PC upset after trying to pick a target that seemed like LHF, only to find nothing they have sticks.
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:41 pm

In post 204, Brian Skies wrote: I'm not even angry.

Sounds more like PC upset after trying to pick a target that seemed like LHF, only to find nothing they have sticks.
Now I'm actually the angry one? Lmao.
Ya basic!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

You're the one that keeps trying to push baseless arguments.
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:42 pm

In post 206, Brian Skies wrote: You're the one that keeps trying to push baseless arguments.
Prove how they're baseless instead of saying meaningless buzzwords
Ya basic!
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:44 pm

In post 195, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 129, Political Clout wrote: fairly certain kayjayqueue is town less sure about random nurse and even less sure about dave...
I originally interpreted this post as you positing more suspicion on Nurse and Dave. Though your readlist doesn't really match up with that.
In post 178, Political Clout wrote: town
smiley
yessirre
kayjayqueue
penguin
nurse
dave
blackstar

null
hu tao
straight flush
titus
greeting

lean scum
brian

this is where I'm at for now.
Did something cause those reads to change?
Sorry for being confusing I just meant they were in descending order of towniness. That I townread them less than the other ones.
Ya basic!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:47 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 181, Political Clout wrote:
In post 180, Brian Skies wrote: Sure, I see myself more as an analyzer than a scum hunter.
I eagerly await your analyzer skills then.
Sarcasm/antagonism.
In post 187, Political Clout wrote:
In post 185, Brian Skies wrote: I voted you because unlike what smileydude things, I do not think posts like 45 and 50 are indicators of town behavior. In fact, those posts are pro-scum as you're blatantly rolefishing. And you're covering it up by a thin veil of "oh don't mind me, I'm just scum, JK, teehee."

Read my post again. I never said I don't scumhunt. Generating content isn't my forte. I'm the type that will reread the game several times at different angles.

As far as me not having much to say, it's because the game has been terribly droll so far. And the best tool for early content and scumhunting, which is wagon analysis, was argued as scummy by another player.
We can never know if that's true since you never said why you were voting me when you voted me. Dave said why a while later it can only be inferred why you decided to vote me.
Attempt to handwave reasoning to scumread you.
In post 190, Political Clout wrote:
In post 180, Brian Skies wrote: Sure, I see myself more as an analyzer than a scum hunter.

You try to appease me here
In post 181, Political Clout wrote:
I eagerly await your analyzer skills then.
It doesn't work
In post 182, Brian Skies wrote: Generate more alignment indicative content.
You become aggressive

Then go for the PC did omgus for the discredit.
Attempt to narrate play to seem like you have the high ground in the argument.
In post 193, Political Clout wrote:
In post 189, Brian Skies wrote: Yes, I was also trying to make a wagon.

On someone I thought was potentially scum.

The existence of one does not invalidate the other.
Okay. Weird that you never say PC and scum in the same sentence until now.
I don't even know the point of this post. We both know what we're talking about, so why do I have to spell it out?
In post 202, Political Clout wrote:
In post 201, Brian Skies wrote: Use your imagination.
Yeah this is just scum angry at being caught so soon.
Upset at running into a deadend?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:48 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Wow, narrating is fun.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:48 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

You still haven't addressed the blatant rolefishing.
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:55 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

This exchange reads like scumdistancing imo, just a lot of worst-faith readings of each other and not a ton of substance.

For Brian, I just don't get any read on how he wants to act/what impact he wants to have on the game. The "analyzer" thing and the talk around that is especially weird.

For PC, I just think his early selfvote and posting habits since then have kinda invited this kind of argument, and there's not much benefit for him to continue engaging with it atp
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:56 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

Some questions for you Brian
In post 185, Brian Skies wrote: I voted you because unlike what smileydude things, I do not think posts like 45 and 50 are indicators of town behavior. In fact, those posts are pro-scum as you're blatantly rolefishing. And you're covering it up by a thin veil of "oh don't mind me, I'm just scum, JK, teehee."

Read my post again. I never said I don't scumhunt. Generating content isn't my forte. I'm the type that will reread the game several times at different angles.

As far as me not having much to say, it's because the game has been terribly droll so far. And the best tool for early content and scumhunting, which is wagon analysis, was argued as scummy by another player.
If you thought PC's early posts were indicative of scum rolefishing, why did they only come up here instead of when you originally voted them. At what point would you say you reached that conclusion?
Also, why say this if you already had reason to believe in scum!PC due to them rolefishing?
Friendly Neighborhood Scummer

ADHD
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:02 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 213, SmileyDude1 wrote: Some questions for you Brian

If you thought PC's early posts were indicative of scum rolefishing, why did they only come up here instead of when you originally voted them. At what point would you say you reached that conclusion?
I feel as though those posts are pretty obviously rolefishing and that I shouldn't have to point them out. Like I said before, people are free to question votes.

Nobody really joined the PC wagon, so I mostly assumed people were fine with those posts (especially you considering you said you liked those posts).
In post 213, SmileyDude1 wrote:
Also, why say this if you already had reason to believe in scum!PC due to them rolefishing?
This was directed more towards the town collective than PC specifically.
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

:^) I'm going to eat lol.
Ya basic!
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:05 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

VOTE: Brian Skies

You're all over the place right now, your response to Smiley seems to confirm that you're making up reasons to hound PC as you go along.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:07 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 216, StraightFlush wrote: You're all over the place right now, your response to Smiley seems to confirm that you're making up reasons to hound PC as you go along.
How so?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:08 pm

Post by Titus »

Don't make titus get drunk and speed read
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:09 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

You don't need to speed read. It's only been 9 pages.
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:15 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 217, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 216, StraightFlush wrote: You're all over the place right now, your response to Smiley seems to confirm that you're making up reasons to hound PC as you go along.
How so?
A lot of your responses to PC's individual comments have been needlessly antagonistic, especially in the last page and a half, and it feeds into my earlier concern about worst-faith readings of each other. Smiley brings up a good point about it being weird that the rolefishing stuff is only just coming up now, and the "analyzer" business you discussed was not at all consistent with your earlier posting in the thread, making it seem like something you made up on the spot to deflect PC's criticism. You also say that nobody really jumped on the PC wagon so you didn't push it, but multiple people besides you/PC voted him around that time so I certainly don't buy that.

In general you come off as someone who isn't properly showing their thought processes, and you play it off by suggesting we should all just know what you're thinking. That's not a super healthy dynamic to bring to the thread, and it feels anti-town.
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:26 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

Current reads, not ordered with in categories since I don't have the braincells for it rn:

TOWN
Smiley
Random Nurse
Greeting
Hu Tao

NULL
PenguinPower
KayJayQueue

MIXED
Political Clout
Titus
davesaz
yessiree

SCUM
Brian Skies
BlackStar

Surprisingly even spread all things considered
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:30 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 220, StraightFlush wrote:
How so?
A lot of your responses to PC's individual comments have been needlessly antagonistic, especially in the last page and a half, and it feeds into my earlier concern about worst-faith readings of each other. Smiley brings up a good point about it being weird that the rolefishing stuff is only just coming up now, and the "analyzer" business you discussed was not at all consistent with your earlier posting in the thread, making it seem like something you made up on the spot to deflect PC's criticism. You also say that nobody really jumped on the PC wagon so you didn't push it, but multiple people besides you/PC voted him around that time so I certainly don't buy that.

In general you come off as someone who isn't properly showing their thought processes, and you play it off by suggesting we should all just know what you're thinking. That's not a super healthy dynamic to bring to the thread, and it feels anti-town.
What are you even talking about the rolefishing stuff 'only coming up now'? It's been two days and only 9 pages into the game. To say something from the early game is suddenly 'whoa, that's from so long ago, why is it suddenly a concern' is preposterous.

The people who jumped on the wagon were Dave and yessiree. I was hoping they saw the same thing I did, but neither of them voted for the same reason I did.
And no one jumped on after me.
By people jumping onto the wagon, I mean for the rolefishing. Which is what we were talking about. And we even had people say they liked the 'rolefishing' posts with no real rebuttal, which, once again, makes me think people were mostly okay with those posts.

I didn't say you should all know what I'm thinking. I even said people can ask. But there hasn't been much for me to comment on, because I don't find a lot of the discussion or what's happened alignment indicative.

What do you mean by worst-faith readings of each other?
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:00 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 222, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 220, StraightFlush wrote:
How so?

What are you even talking about the rolefishing stuff 'only coming up now'? It's been two days and only 9 pages into the game. To say something from the early game is suddenly 'whoa, that's from so long ago, why is it suddenly a concern' is preposterous.

The people who jumped on the wagon were Dave and yessiree. I was hoping they saw the same thing I did, but neither of them voted for the same reason I did.
And no one jumped on after me.
By people jumping onto the wagon, I mean for the rolefishing. Which is what we were talking about. And we even had people say they liked the 'rolefishing' posts with no real rebuttal, which, once again, makes me think people were mostly okay with those posts.

I didn't say you should all know what I'm thinking. I even said people can ask. But there hasn't been much for me to comment on, because I don't find a lot of the discussion or what's happened alignment indicative.

What do you mean by worst-faith readings of each other?
I'm not saying "woah, that's from so long ago" about anything, that's disingenuous. The point is that it should've been discussed earlier instead of getting dredged up during a separate spat. Am I used to faster games where D1 would be done by now? Yes. Is that really coming into play here? No.

That's a silly perspective to have about the wagon. People can be on the same wagon with different reasons for it. Just because you were the last one aboard before it fizzled out doesn't mean it was a non-starter.

snip

By worst-faith I mean that if I put myself in your shoes whilst talking with PC, I would probably be less standoffish, regardless of how suspicious I'd be about PC's thread behavior. I would have to make a conscious effort to react the way you reacted to his retorts, which makes me read it as contrived and anti-town.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:11 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 223, StraightFlush wrote: I'm not saying "woah, that's from so long ago" about anything, that's disingenuous. The point is that it should've been discussed earlier instead of getting dredged up during a separate spat. Am I used to faster games where D1 would be done by now? Yes. Is that really coming into play here? No.

That's a silly perspective to have about the wagon. People can be on the same wagon with different reasons for it. Just because you were the last one aboard before it fizzled out doesn't mean it was a non-starter.

snip

By worst-faith I mean that if I put myself in your shoes whilst talking with PC, I would probably be less standoffish, regardless of how suspicious I'd be about PC's thread behavior. I would have to make a conscious effort to react the way you reacted to his retorts, which makes me read it as contrived and anti-town.
Then what is your point about it being brought up now rather than later? Could it have been brought up earlier? Perhaps. But I was on V/LA (still am actually) and no one else seemed interested in the topic otherwise we would have had a discussion there already (see smiley for having brought up the topic before me).

I never called the wagon a non-starter.

Okay. Put yourself in my shoes then. Tell me how you would've handled his continuous attempts at attempted to paint me as scummy until something sticks.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”