Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:15 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1317, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote:
In post 986, Von Payne wrote:
In post 978, Von Payne wrote: Thank you for being our first guests and for taking your shoes off before you came in :]

I kinda want to recruit Aureal tomorrow. Not only is she probably town but I think she'll keep the vibes mellow ya know

~B
Oh crap what if I killed Aureal by saying this

Quick somebody scumread Aureal

:dead:
also is it just me that is alarmed by this? this to me feels like scum setting up to invite scum with their "looks very towny" neighborizing/ night talk enabling role.
I called (von payne, aureal, catgirl) on d1, btw. atm, considering how you and prism are posting, I think that is the scum team.
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:26 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1312, Catgirl Chipotle wrote:I have no memories of your play or how I read you back then (I only even remember playing like a game or two with you before 2020. I remember playing with you in 2017 but I just remember playing with you not what actually happened). I do not have an understanding of your meta other than you being competent at both alignments, I think this is not something I could figure out without just spamming games with you in them. I hardly even remember Topaz tbh. If anything, to me you're an enigma.

Once day 1 officially started and you were a few posts out of the gate, I felt like what I saw was enough to townbin you.
I am struggling to understand how these paragraphs coalescence in your mind. The first paragraph says you don't understand my meta, but know I am competent at both alignments. I am an enigma and you're not sure you can figure it out how to read me. The second paragraph says you town binned me after a few good posts.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:26 am

Post by Prism »

coalesce, it's early.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:27 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1292, Gimli wrote:
ActionDan

Von Payne (Black/Doctor Drew hydra)
Kyoko Kirigiri
Prism
Aureal
Catgirl Chipotle (Alisae/MariaR hydra)
Silver Ravens (GuyInFreezer/Dunnstral hydra)

Sunflower (fireisredsir/JupiterXV hydra)

Ydrasse

dis where I'm at, I guess I need more kyoko

@maria: yeah, I'd say I could townread you if you were a townie but that just proves I am tunneling you from your very first posts so its a waste of saliva for everyone involved
let me update this

ActionDan

Von Payne (Black/Doctor Drew hydra)

Kyoko Kirigiri
Prism

Aureal
Catgirl Chipotle (Alisae/MariaR hydra)

Silver Ravens (GuyInFreezer/Dunnstral hydra)

Sunflower (fireisredsir/JupiterXV hydra)

Ydrasse

and that's the game and thanks for playing
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:29 am

Post by Gimli »

I'll tie your legs
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:37 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 1283, Catgirl Chipotle wrote:
In post 1276, Sunflower wrote:
In post 1268, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: I forgot if Sun is pocketed enough by Alisae that I can just tell them to join us and they will. Let me test it.

Hey Sunflower, would you agree with our solve? Please?

DAHLIA HAWTHORNE OMGG
Greetings.

You're just as charming as my hydra partner said you were.

You're the love of my life
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:14 am

Post by ActionDan »

Get your votes in if you haven't already. I highly suggest superman, parts, and Dnd. I won't be here but will have more to say after moonphase
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:31 am

Post by ActionDan »

Fire, please address 671, my original case.

Jupiter, though ideally hydras can and should be aware of their other heads arguments and reads I certainly don't expect you to answer for fire at this point nor have I have I ever instructed you to as you claim
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:41 am

Post by Prism »

This reminds me that we had 34 votes instead of 39 last moonrise. I assume two missing votes came from Catgirl only voting slide. Someone forgot to submit, assuming no role shenanigans.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:12 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

I voted superman, rebels and parts
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:18 am

Post by Prism »

I'm very bothered by how they formatted MorphTheCat in the dream. It is probably there as a sick cosmically ordained joke at my expense, but I would like to think it's the evil twin(s?) of morph the cat.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:46 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 1332, ActionDan wrote: Fire, please address 671, my original case.

Jupiter, though ideally hydras can and should be aware of their other heads arguments and reads I certainly don't expect you to answer for fire at this point nor have I have I ever instructed you to as you claim
never said you told me to but what i’m saying is that most of your case is about fire, I just responded to the bit about me and I should t have to return to it after that
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:47 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 1332, ActionDan wrote: Fire, please address 671, my original case.
again im just not really very interested in picking through bad cases. town make bad cases all the time and i think that regardless of your alignment it's clear that you approach the game very differently and have different beliefs when it comes to solving, so i wouldn't expect your reasoning to be very relevant to me since your expectations of what town and scum would do are not in line with what tends to differentiate my play

at the time when i read through it i mostly found myself rolling my eyes and thinking you were scum but it seemed like a waste of thread space to engage with it in detail. but sure okay
In post 671, ActionDan wrote:I find Sunflower's 175 read fake. There is no reason to stick with a town read if there is both a good scum and town explanation for DE's behavior. In the single game I have played with him I have also seen DE be a more thoughtful and analytical player so "it feels his brain works this way" strikes me as handwavy to couch a subpar unjustified read.
i don't see how this follows from my post at all? i pretty clearly explain several reasons why i don't think he would do this as scum. i specifically am saying in that i did not think there was a good scum explanation for DE's behavior, and explain why black's reasoning is generally accurate but this situation is more specific. i also don't think that dragon being a "thoughtful and analytical player" is mutually exclusive with what i said. i think most people who have played with dragon and also probably dragon himself would agree with me that he tends to make strong reads based off gut interpretations of single events, particularly in relation to how others are approaching him, and make bold comparisons off limited meta sample sizes. it's a pretty central part of his play

In post 671, ActionDan wrote:Relatedly 313 makes me question if they forgot their read. They did not land south of null as the combo of 163 and 175 together demonstrate. There does seem to be a point from posts 138 to 142 where it could be claimed they made a sorting attempt and only then landed on a town read but that is explicitly not what was said/claimed. Slips like this, forgetting timelines of reads, might look trivial but I take it as a strong indication that the reads were made up in the first place. Town has much more control of knowing what they thought when they thought it.
this is just not really something that is relevant to my alignment. i do not have any difficulty maintaining a cohesive and consistent mindset as scum. as scum i am meticulously aware of what my thoughts were intended to be at any point in the game. that's just how i play

the time at which i landed on south of null for dragon was after 175, not before. and felt a little awkward to me in a way that pinged me as scum!dragon, and made me reconsider where i had landed and think about if i had been too quick to dismiss the possibility of dragon's earlier posting coming from growing as a scum player and trying something new, and if i should be giving more weight to some earlier things that felt scummy to me. this was like an hour after 175. i didn't post about it at the time bc i don't particularly care about publicly announcing every time my reads fluctuate

if anything i do that kind of "breadcrumbing of thought processes" significantly more as scum than as town which klick and dannflor both recently correctly called out

i guess it's possible that next time i roll scum i would intentionally do less of that but i also think it's not worth the hassle bc it's such an effective way to get townread by anyone who doesn't have that meta understanding

In post 671, ActionDan wrote:If I look at sunflower's posting holistically over the moonrise phase, They have a load of posts (Jupiter being the more guilty party here) that clearly intentionally distance themselves from the game but only sprinkle in the occasional read. One on DE, one on Ydrasse, and one on Aureal, all light townreads all potentially reversible (maybe not DE's). Now this is clearly intended as Sunflower wasted no time in delivering a wall suggesting a pool of reads were building up faked or not. I question this strategy would come from a town mindset though while at the same time injecting in the main thread a post count only 2nd and pretty much equal to DE. It's not natural and there's a more clear scum benefit and less clear town one if any. Even Black who started with just setup spec got into gear and engaged w.e one's opinion on it.
this point is the only relevant one since it actually digs into whether my posting makes more sense as being scum-motivated or town-motivated. it's still wrong, since you're incorrect on what my goals would be as scum, but i don't think it's a bad point

the issue is believing that i would think that having a high post count with low depth of content is something that would get me townread. i don't think that's true. faking in depth content is easy and would almost definitely work better than going for a social townread in a playerlist like this which heavily leans towards analytical

it's maybe true that it doesn't strictly have a town benefit but i think only scum really thinks about whether their own play looks like it has a town benefit? that is just how i wanted to engage with the thread. i feel like it benefitted me bc it was helping me solve and i am town so therefore it had benefit to town

ok there. i am not really sure what you think was useful about me responding to that

:blossom:
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:52 am

Post by Sunflower »

i don't think that the focus on correctness and lower-level analysis is out of line for town!actiondan but i still feel like there tends to be more nuance to the solving and a cycle of prodding/engaging/evaluating that isn't as present here

his posting still feels stiff and positional to me

:blossom:
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:02 am

Post by morph the cat »

Dream Vote Tallies

Dream
Votes
I sat down to the DND table and cast my favorite spell. 7
I'm superman! 6
Wait so it works on even the parts it doesn't cover? 5
MorphTheCat are pure evil. We, the players, wish to inflict harm upon them. We are all out in the village with our pitchforks ready!4
My house started flooding while I was watching TV1
Doesn't EVERYBODY hate Trigonometry?1

The final 3 Dreams are:

I sat down to the DND table and cast my favorite spell.
I'm superman!
Wait so it works on even the parts it doesn't cover?

The thread will remain locked for the rest of this Moon Phase.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:03 am

Post by morph the cat »

Wait so it works on even the parts it doesn't cover?

Bulletproof swim suit. How does it work?

The dreamer passes out a Bulletproof one shot to a player of their choice. The player can use it the night they receive it if they wish.

Has Been Discarded by the
Bad Dreams
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:04 am

Post by morph the cat »

Someone has had a revelation!

I sat down to the DND table and cast my favorite spell.

The Revivify spell isn't much, but it's way cheaper than Resurrection!

The dreamer passes out a Dead Neighborizer one shot to a player of their choice, allowing the player to neighborize a dead player. The receiving player can use it the night they receive it if they wish.

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:05 am

Post by morph the cat »

The dreamer will now make their selection. Day will begin and the dream will be revealed once this selection is done or in (expired on 2024-03-19 15:05:24)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:28 pm

Post by morph the cat »

The Dreamer has Chosen!

Choice for Reveal:

I'm Superman!

At his dayjob.

The dreamer passes out a Reporter one shot to a player of their choice. The player can use it the night they receive it if they wish.

Choice for the Dream:

I'm Superman!

At his dayjob.

The dreamer passes out a Reporter one shot to a player of their choice. The player can use it the night they receive it if they wish.

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:29 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Discarded Dreams

• This slide never seems to end...
  • Forget 11, I just turned the dial to 12!
  • You know how Vi does what Vi does? Well...
  • Wait so it works on even the parts it doesn't cover?
  • I sat down to the DND table and cast my favorite spell.

Recycled Dreams

• I'm 30 years old, why do I still need a car seat?
  • Protest is effective, but why have we super glued ourselves to each other, exactly?
  • My house started flooding while I was watching TV
  • Doesn't EVERYBODY hate Trigonometry?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:31 pm

Post by morph the cat »

VC 2-1
Day 2 Begins!

Not voting (10):
ActionDan, Gimli, Von Payne, Kyoko Kirigiri, Prism, Aureal, Catgirl Chipotle, Silver Ravens, Sunflower, Ydrasse

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes to eliminate.

Day 2 Deadline is March 26 at Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2024-03-26 12:00:00)

Mod notes:
  • If you see an error in this or any other vote count please let us know via PM.
  • :]

Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by Catgirl Chipotle »

VOTE: Aureal
guys help me bus xD
Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:44 pm

Post by Silver Ravens »

We voted for Superman, DnD, and Pitchfork mods.

VOTE: Aureal
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:47 pm

Post by Sunflower »

whats a reporter VOTE: aureal this is jupite btw
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:49 pm

Post by Von Payne »

In post 1232, Ydrasse wrote: i am as ever too tired to do this Immediately in the moment but everytime i read a sunflower post i feel like i am confused by the route that they're going or like the conclusions they're making about stuff it doesn't feel natural. maybe in my head i have already flipped the slot as wolf and therefore am not giving them enough space to like be towny to my brain but i feel like the things that they care about and talk about really are not... good? productive?

like idk the klick comments just now seem off to me. i think maybe i am unhappy because there was a lot of meta talk and a lot of just random talk too when there could have been a lot more actually going on in the night neighborhood but it was kind of squandered. i think me feeling like it was wolf theatre probably stems from it not doing a lot for me even though i don't really have a basis of what would be "enough" atm.
In post 1238, Ydrasse wrote: it's not an actual hood everyone can see and reply to it after a delay and i think there should have been more productivity, maybe less meta etc. personal choices.
In post 1243, Ydrasse wrote: you have the luxury of the entire thread being forced to read about and consider the things you're saying and doing, i am aware it twas the weekend for a lot of it but i think there were better ways to use it

that being said never neighborhood me
I find this pretty funny coming from a player that barely does anything during the Day phase

Don't worry, you won't be recruited. You don't pass the vibe check

:dead:
Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”