Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 571, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 567, Gimli wrote:
In post 565, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 560, Gimli wrote: drew seems townie, btw

I guess it could be kage and kay after all

with a side of may, maybe
Why do I seem townie to you?
my experience with scum!drew was that game with third parties when you were kinda pockety and appeasy

here you seem to be just analyzing what's going on after repping in

I also like that you (apparently?) brought up meta on DE doing a fit as scum in the past, I guess maybe if you're with a scum role you wouldn't say that
I think he was town in that game I mentioned?

Hold on, let me check
Yes he was town, forgot you were in that game as well.....it was the one where one of the scum completely killed the game by revealing all the scum players and their night actions.

That made me remember that I was upset MT didn't cult me lol
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:50 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 575, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 571, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 567, Gimli wrote:
In post 565, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 560, Gimli wrote: drew seems townie, btw

I guess it could be kage and kay after all

with a side of may, maybe
Why do I seem townie to you?
my experience with scum!drew was that game with third parties when you were kinda pockety and appeasy

here you seem to be just analyzing what's going on after repping in

I also like that you (apparently?) brought up meta on DE doing a fit as scum in the past, I guess maybe if you're with a scum role you wouldn't say that
I think he was town in that game I mentioned?

Hold on, let me check
Yes he was town, forgot you were in that game as well.....it was the one where one of the scum completely killed the game by revealing all the scum players and their night actions.

That made me remember that I was upset MT didn't cult me lol
ah yeah

I quit the site right afterwards btw, that game was super sad

I played it amazingly well I think... and then MT neighborized to cult me! and I was like YOU'RE SCARY ARE YOU GOING TO KILL ME ARE YOU GOING TO TURN ME and she was like 'shiet maybe i shouldnt have neighborized gimli' lol

it was so much fun

I'm not having so much fun rn
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by Gimli »

anyway I misread what you meant

I'm still p town on you so just take that townread please I'm tired of arguing
I'll tie your legs
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:52 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 574, Gimli wrote:
In post 572, KayJayQueue wrote: Just because I’ve only given one in-depth read doesn’t mean I’m wrong. Until proven otherwise, I don’t see anything wrong with my read.
its fine you're just probably scum this game

being on my wagon is smart
Weird how before you were content not to defend yourself because you thought I was town and understood why I was scum reading you? Now you’re just being dismissive that I’m scum and giving the condescending “it’s fine”. I really do hope you’re scum and are just playing the part to put sus on me because if this is really how you are as town when you get heat (such as saying I’m not on your level and that I was wrong because I’m new) then it’s not a very inviting environment as a new player to come into. If everything is based on meta and “how they normally play” or “I always do this as town” it alienates anyone that is new and unfamiliar with past games or the players. It feels like a crutch to just say it’s a meta.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:53 pm

Post by May »

Bus and play solo is my life motto
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:59 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 578, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 572, KayJayQueue wrote: Just because I’ve only given one in-depth read doesn’t mean I’m wrong. Until proven otherwise, I don’t see anything wrong with my read.

Weird how before you were content not to defend yourself because you thought I was town and understood why I was scum reading you? Now you’re just being dismissive that I’m scum and giving the condescending “it’s fine”. I really do hope you’re scum and are just playing the part to put sus on me because if this is really how you are as town when you get heat (such as saying I’m not on your level and that I was wrong because I’m new) then it’s not a very inviting environment as a new player to come into. If everything is based on meta and “how they normally play” or “I always do this as town” it alienates anyone that is new and unfamiliar with past games or the players. It feels like a crutch to just say it’s a meta.
I've POE'd down the game

DE+drew is just a townslot, I think that much is clear

CSF is posting banger after banger and I'll also take that townread to grave with me

dannflor is also probably a townie and I have explained in detail why I think that

so is hu tao and I gave a bunch of reasons why

black is someone I think I'd be biased if I scumread her, because what she is doing here is annoying and kinda nonsensical but I guess she is gonna improve her reads after she sees a flip or two. ITS FINE, thats not me being condescending, I just cant get that scumread off of her so it is what it is (this event will traumatize me for years).

so that leaves me with three slots. you, with a solo read, and I'm sure you'll be a lot better than me cause you're a smarter person and a more socially able individual than I am, but you're doing nothing a townie was supposed to be doing and you've become POE'd down as scum. it just happens to be the case at this point.

may who I'm not gonna guess.

and kage who is playing a textbook lurker scum game and will inevitably flip tomorrow if this town is worth its salt.

so its probably just you and kage. I think my reads have been pretty good and I think this is the game.
I'll tie your legs
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:00 pm

Post by May »

Gurl I've played on this site for 15 years and I think it's alienating and a crutch too lol
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:01 pm

Post by Black »

I don't think newscum writes this
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:02 pm

Post by May »

Idt it needs qualification
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:03 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

Well I’ll happily prove you wrong. Vote me out of this game then it’ll accomplish 2 things: proving I’m town and not having to put up with your arrogant, passive aggressive bullshit. If you’re not scum, I’d highly rethink the way you approach people. It feels like you’re targeting me because I’m not an established player so no one is going to come to my defense. So by all means, vote me out and eat crow.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:04 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Perhaps

VOTE: kage
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:04 pm

Multiple people have defended you....
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:05 pm

Off of very little no less but what do I know about tone
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:06 pm

Post by Black »

Meta is heavily present here and it's something I've had to get used to. Now I find myself considering it in reads all the time and I have to check myself sometimes

It's a useful tool and can help win the game but people use it wrong a lot so it's hit or miss. I understand your frustration
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:07 pm

Ugh I basically have buyers remorse already from moving my vote off already, just more AtE when almost getting voted.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:08 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 584, KayJayQueue wrote: Well I’ll happily prove you wrong. Vote me out of this game then it’ll accomplish 2 things: proving I’m town and not having to put up with your arrogant, passive aggressive bullshit. If you’re not scum, I’d highly rethink the way you approach people. It feels like you’re targeting me because I’m not an established player so no one is going to come to my defense. So by all means, vote me out and eat crow.
what

you are voting me, your only read is scumreading me, and you're, what, insulted that I've POEd you down as scum?

I guess I'm sorry for all my condescending bullshit. I never felt so unwelcome in any game as I do in this one fwiw.
I'll tie your legs
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:09 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 590, Gimli wrote: I never felt so unwelcome in any game as I do in this one fwiw.
Same
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:11 pm

Post by Black »

sigh
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:12 pm

Post by May »

In post 587, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Off of very little no less but what do I know about tone
Mm the layout of 580 is kinda funny with hand waving Black and myself and then laying into Kay. It is probably incorrect that third parties aren't going to defend Kay but the core observation about which players are the most inconvenient to interact with is kinda salient.

Kay's response in some sense isn't really scumhunting but wraps language around the dual possibility of every other slot in a way that seems alignment indicative. The part where she claims her elimination is a briar patch and has a bit of righteousness about being town I care a little less about I like to estimate a stranger as being able to perform that.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:13 pm

Post by May »

Briar patch is my new favorite metaphor I'm trying to work it into more of my conversations
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:14 pm

Post by May »

In post 590, Gimli wrote:
In post 584, KayJayQueue wrote: Well I’ll happily prove you wrong. Vote me out of this game then it’ll accomplish 2 things: proving I’m town and not having to put up with your arrogant, passive aggressive bullshit. If you’re not scum, I’d highly rethink the way you approach people. It feels like you’re targeting me because I’m not an established player so no one is going to come to my defense. So by all means, vote me out and eat crow.
what

you are voting me, your only read is scumreading me, and you're, what, insulted that I've POEd you down as scum?

I guess I'm sorry for all my condescending bullshit. I never felt so unwelcome in any game as I do in this one fwiw.
You have 7,500 posts. Did this micro really meet that threshold?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:17 pm

In post 593, May wrote: Kay's response in some sense isn't really scumhunting but wraps language around the dual possibility of every other slot in a way that seems alignment indicative.
what does this mean? like the "wraps language around the dual possibility of every other slot" part
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:20 pm

Post by Gimli »

I think the 'get me out and I'll prove im townie' from kay is kinda townie from kay

can we flip kage today, please?
I'll tie your legs
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:21 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 577, Gimli wrote: anyway I misread what you meant

I'm still p town on you so just take that townread please I'm tired of arguing
I am bad at receiving compliments and town reads
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:23 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 582, Black wrote:

I don't think newscum writes this
Don't fall for her tricks so easily. I said this multiple times last game and she was scum :lol: she's a sneaky one

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”