Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:46 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 610, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: less than 48 hours in but it already feels like today's elimination is a foregone conclusion

how in the hell
This feels like a really fake reaction, given the way Gimli has been acting. He's literally calling me a "textbook lurker" when the game length has barely passed the prod timer. That's a false narrative and if you're town you should be realizing it here, not making excuses for him. This is a highly active game but that doesn't make people who actually have lives and can't spend all day every day writing posts and reading things lurkers. I just spent over 10 hours at work, where my ability to do Mafia things is highly limited and sporadic, so I will need to spend some time catching up on things now as I literally didn't even read all of the pages that happened in that time, let alone have time to process and reply to them.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:46 pm

Post by Black »

In post 623, Hu Tao wrote: How many times will Gimli get to E-1 and someone unvote quickly
I didn't even see May's vote :lol:

If Gimli is scum that's gonna look bad
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:48 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 619, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 616, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 611, Hu Tao wrote: I want to Town read Kay. But I'm weary based on last game. Either way I don't think I want her today
You’re the only person I can understand feeling this way and I get it. The only thing that’s going to make you feel better going forward is 1. You’re town here and 2. The game ends and you see I’m town this time.
Basically, I think this game will only be useful to inform you on future games. As it is, you’re going to have a really hard time with me being in this game because you’ll always be slightly scumreading me, especially if you start feeling I’m clearly town.
Kay, forgetting about Gim's.....what is your honest take on a few other slots in the game.....doesn't matter who
I think Dann is town. I’m leaning town on black.
I want to trust Hu but I need more time to see what she does.
I don’t get the sus on kage but I think I was distracted during the time that sus came about so I may be missing something obvious.
May and your slot - null, no idea.
CSF could be anything and I’m still too affected by recent posts to form an unbiased opinion so I want to wait.

I’ve been too focused on Gimli. I can openly admit it. I don’t take back any of my reads on that situation though, tunnel or otherwise. I am very much not enjoying the game because of it and I’m sorry for not having better or more impactful reads to aid town in making the right decision here.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:51 pm

Post by Gimli »

its kage and may

kay is a townie

peace out

also @kay: sorry for ruining the game for you, it wasn't my intention.
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:52 pm

Post by Black »

In post 625, Duelist Kage wrote:
In post 610, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: less than 48 hours in but it already feels like today's elimination is a foregone conclusion

how in the hell
This feels like a really fake reaction, given the way Gimli has been acting. He's literally calling me a "textbook lurker" when the game length has barely passed the prod timer. That's a false narrative and if you're town you should be realizing it here, not making excuses for him. This is a highly active game but that doesn't make people who actually have lives and can't spend all day every day writing posts and reading things lurkers. I just spent over 10 hours at work, where my ability to do Mafia things is highly limited and sporadic, so I will need to spend some time catching up on things now as I literally didn't even read all of the pages that happened in that time, let alone have time to process and reply to them.
If you haven't read all the pages from the last 10 hours then how do you have such a strong and detailed read on Gimli?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:53 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

how in the hell
Textbook lurker is perhaps uncharitable, but he wouldn't be the first person this game to feel like the game has lasted ages (relatively speaking, see Dann's push on Black)

I don't see what that has to do with my reaction. We do not share the same sense of game time, probably because Gimli has >100 posts already and has been under pressure most of the time

I think what posts you have written are scummy, activity aside
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm

Post by Black »

Gimli literally has 70 posts in the last 10 hours
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:58 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

Maybe the reason Gimli is under so much pressure is directly related to having >100 posts. The one thing I’ll agree on that kage said is that Gimli accused nearly everyone of being scum and town at some point. Throwing reads out like they’re candy doesn’t instill much trust in someone because they’ve shown that come the next page, they’ll have moved onto a different read. It’s hard to work with someone that is that indecisive when every time they give a new read, it feels like it’s with full confidence. I can’t trust that behavior, no matter the alignment.
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:59 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 629, Black wrote:

how in the hell
If you haven't read all the pages from the last 10 hours then how do you have such a strong and detailed read on Gimli?
How do you
not
have such an impression? I read a lot sporadically when I could but definitely lost a few as it was going too fast, but I don't need to have read
every
page to see him constantly skipping from 'solves' of Kage/Kay to Kage/Dann to Kage/Black to Kage/Kay to Kage/May and lord even knows what else.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:00 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 627, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 611, Hu Tao wrote: I want to Town read Kay. But I'm weary based on last game. Either way I don't think I want her today
You’re the only person I can understand feeling this way and I get it. The only thing that’s going to make you feel better going forward is 1. You’re town here and 2. The game ends and you see I’m town this time.
Basically, I think this game will only be useful to inform you on future games. As it is, you’re going to have a really hard time with me being in this game because you’ll always be slightly scumreading me, especially if you start feeling I’m clearly town.
Kay, forgetting about Gim's.....what is your honest take on a few other slots in the game.....doesn't matter who
I don’t get the sus on kage but I think I was distracted during the time that sus came about so I may be missing something obvious.
CSF could be anything and I’m still too affected by recent posts to form an unbiased opinion so I want to wait.

I’ve been too focused on Gimli. I can openly admit it. I don’t take back any of my reads on that situation though, tunnel or otherwise. I am very much not enjoying the game because of it and I’m sorry for not having better or more impactful reads to aid town in making the right decision here.
I have been in your spot more times than I would like to admit lol.....don't be afraid to take a day away from the game, that sometimes can help reset things and let you come back with a fresh outlook on things and help you enjoy yourself some more.

I also need to look at Kage some more, and everytime I see CSF post I am reminded that they are in this game lol
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:01 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Ouch!
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:04 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 634, Doctor Drew wrote:

I have been in your spot more times than I would like to admit lol.....don't be afraid to take a day away from the game, that sometimes can help reset things and let you come back with a fresh outlook on things and help you enjoy yourself some more.

I also need to look at Kage some more, and everytime I see CSF post I am reminded that they are in this game lol
How this game has played out so far, if I were gone for a day, I could come back to dead chat. And what's worse is I don't even think my death would help town solve anything. Lose, lose scenario.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:10 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Ha!

(just trying to distance between us a bit)

Also, I still haven't skimmed past page 8, so eventually you will wow me with your towniness..........right??
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:14 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 630, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

how in the hell
Textbook lurker is perhaps uncharitable, but he wouldn't be the first person this game to feel like the game has lasted ages (relatively speaking, see Dann's push on Black)

I don't see what that has to do with my reaction. We do not share the same sense of game time, probably because Gimli has >100 posts already and has been under pressure most of the time

I think what posts you have written are scummy, activity aside
I don't see what that
doesn't
have to do with your reaction. If you think things are set in stone already, and it's not even been 48 hours, shouldn't that be your cue to
slow down
and stop feeding the activity grind? Alignment is not determined based on who can post the most.

And I look forward to finding your explanation on why you think I'm scummy because I'm not sure I've seen it yet. Maybe you were the one who thought I posted fluff because I made a few jokes at the start? Sorry I expected this game and the players to be fun, I guess. You usually are or I wouldn't have signed up.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:17 pm

Post by May »

Do you refer to "town" in third person in town games
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:17 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 636, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 634, Doctor Drew wrote: I have been in your spot more times than I would like to admit lol.....don't be afraid to take a day away from the game, that sometimes can help reset things and let you come back with a fresh outlook on things and help you enjoy yourself some more.

How this game has played out so far, if I were gone for a day, I could come back to dead chat. And what's worse is I don't even think my death would help town solve anything. Lose, lose scenario.
^^^ this

Drew, you're gonna be sorry you replaced in here, in spite of the playerlist this is the No Fun Zone :(
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:18 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 638, Duelist Kage wrote: Sorry I expected this game and the players to be fun, I guess.
My sentiments exactly. And one person I was excited to play with isn’t even here still.

I eagerly await a new updated Kay/Kage read after this.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:19 pm

Post by May »

In post 632, KayJayQueue wrote: Maybe the reason Gimli is under so much pressure is directly related to having >100 posts. The one thing I’ll agree on that kage said is that Gimli accused nearly everyone of being scum and town at some point. Throwing reads out like they’re candy doesn’t instill much trust in someone because they’ve shown that come the next page, they’ll have moved onto a different read. It’s hard to work with someone that is that indecisive when every time they give a new read, it feels like it’s with full confidence. I can’t trust that behavior, no matter the alignment.
Ok but like you do know you have to like prioritize alignment over all the other stuff at some juncture this game right

You kinda make the game dysfunctional if you treat "bad is the same as being on the other team!" As part of the game nothing is possible to accomplish
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:20 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 639, May wrote:

I know you aren't asking me, but I do that as well......but is NAI for me

You think that is something that could be AI?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:21 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 639, May wrote:

I don’t even know tbh

I feel like I do but at this point I feel so far removed from the “town” that I don’t feel like anyone is actually on my team here. So if I seem distant it’s because that’s exactly how I feel.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:22 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 640, Duelist Kage wrote:
In post 636, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 634, Doctor Drew wrote: I have been in your spot more times than I would like to admit lol.....don't be afraid to take a day away from the game, that sometimes can help reset things and let you come back with a fresh outlook on things and help you enjoy yourself some more.

^^^ this

Drew, you're gonna be sorry you replaced in here, in spite of the playerlist this is the No Fun Zone :(
Ya but now I am here.

I prioritize fun over optimal play

You sons of B's will have fun even if I have to force it out of each an every one of you
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:24 pm

Post by May »

In post 644, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 639, May wrote:

I don’t even know tbh

I feel like I do but at this point I feel so far removed from the “town” that I don’t feel like anyone is actually on my team here. So if I seem distant it’s because that’s exactly how I feel.
Interesting
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:25 pm

Post by May »

I didn't expect anyone on this game to be fun I joined this game hoping it would make Datisi upset
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:26 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Forming a towncore of Drew, Kay and I
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:27 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 642, May wrote:
In post 632, KayJayQueue wrote: Maybe the reason Gimli is under so much pressure is directly related to having >100 posts. The one thing I’ll agree on that kage said is that Gimli accused nearly everyone of being scum and town at some point. Throwing reads out like they’re candy doesn’t instill much trust in someone because they’ve shown that come the next page, they’ll have moved onto a different read. It’s hard to work with someone that is that indecisive when every time they give a new read, it feels like it’s with full confidence. I can’t trust that behavior, no matter the alignment.
Ok but like you do know you have to like prioritize alignment over all the other stuff at some juncture this game right

You kinda make the game dysfunctional if you treat "bad is the same as being on the other team!" As part of the game nothing is possible to accomplish
So I’m making the game dysfunctional?

Okay.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”