Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:27 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 638, Duelist Kage wrote:
In post 630, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 625, Duelist Kage wrote:
In post 610, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: less than 48 hours in but it already feels like today's elimination is a foregone conclusion

how in the hell
This feels like a really fake reaction, given the way Gimli has been acting. He's literally calling me a "textbook lurker" when the game length has barely passed the prod timer. That's a false narrative and if you're town you should be realizing it here, not making excuses for him. This is a highly active game but that doesn't make people who actually have lives and can't spend all day every day writing posts and reading things lurkers. I just spent over 10 hours at work, where my ability to do Mafia things is highly limited and sporadic, so I will need to spend some time catching up on things now as I literally didn't even read all of the pages that happened in that time, let alone have time to process and reply to them.
Textbook lurker is perhaps uncharitable, but he wouldn't be the first person this game to feel like the game has lasted ages (relatively speaking, see Dann's push on Black)

I don't see what that has to do with my reaction. We do not share the same sense of game time, probably because Gimli has >100 posts already and has been under pressure most of the time

I think what posts you have written are scummy, activity aside
I don't see what that
doesn't
have to do with your reaction. If you think things are set in stone already, and it's not even been 48 hours, shouldn't that be your cue to
slow down
and stop feeding the activity grind? Alignment is not determined based on who can post the most.

And I look forward to finding your explanation on why you think I'm scummy because I'm not sure I've seen it yet. Maybe you were the one who thought I posted fluff because I made a few jokes at the start? Sorry I expected this game and the players to be fun, I guess. You usually are or I wouldn't have signed up.
you've sort of lost me now. If you're talking about me I have one of the lower post counts on this board. The activity grind isn't on me. This playerlist is just a very active, very tryhard one. But if I feel like things are going down the wrong track, I will say so. I'm not sure what the issue is?

If you're talking about Gimli, he is the top poster, because you're going to post when you're under pressure. As KJQ noted, if he stops posting, he could just get limmed.

Yeah the fluff and I also thought the way you presented your read in was unnatural. I guess Black put it best
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:28 pm

I'm anti fun

and you signed up before me! :weary:
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:28 pm

Post by Black »

Yay fun Drew is here to save the game!
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:29 pm

Post by Black »

Kay if the game is causing you distress I recommend you maybe put it down for the night or something. You keep talking about how you're alone and no one is defending you but I don't think that's true, and you're not in any danger of being faded
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:31 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

Okay, I get it.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:31 pm

I guess you can also add to the list of reasons I scumread you, Kage, because what you were trying to accuse me of doesn't even seem like something that is scummy? And it doesn't seem related to what you originally mentioned in
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:32 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 651, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I'm anti fun

No, I tried to sign up before you and was banished to the repp queue by our ruthless overlord Datisi
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:33 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 648, Duelist Kage wrote: Forming a towncore of Drew, Kay and I
Will there be some whiskey in our towncore?
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:34 pm

In post 656, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 651, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I'm anti fun

No, I tried to sign up before you and was banished to the repp queue by our ruthless overlord Datisi
You got queue sniped :lol:
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:36 pm

Post by Black »

In post 657, Doctor Drew wrote:
Drew don't scumside. Come drink Von Payne in my towncore
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:36 pm

Post by May »

like i won't be able to read you unless i see you interact with people in ways dependent on whether you think they're scum

i can't read you solely based on how you interact with people in ways dependent on whether you think they're "trustworthy"
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:38 pm

I like scotch if it helps :shifty:

I have a nice bottle of Speyside waiting, but unfortunately it's Monday and I promised to treat myself on Fridays and Saturdays only
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 659, Black wrote:
Drew don't scumside. Come drink Von Payne in my towncore
Oooh, so many tempting offers for Drew to choose from
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 661, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I like scotch if it helps :shifty:

I have a nice bottle of Speyside waiting, but unfortunately it's Monday and I promised to treat myself on Fridays and Saturdays only
Oh?

What bottle in particular?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:41 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Also, I should mention.....

I will gladly drink whiskey with any town or scum member
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:42 pm

It's a generic Costco branded one. It's really good! If you live near a Costco, I highly recommend
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:43 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 665, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: It's a generic Costco branded one. It's really good! If you live near a Costco, I highly recommend
They source their scotch from legit distillers, so I am not surprised it is good......and relatively cheap as well lol
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:47 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

In post 650, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: you've sort of lost me now. If you're talking about me I have one of the lower post counts on this board. The activity grind isn't on me. This playerlist is just a very active, very tryhard one. But if I feel like things are going down the wrong track, I will say so. I'm not sure what the issue is?

If you're talking about Gimli, he is the top poster, because you're going to post when you're under pressure. As KJQ noted, if he stops posting, he could just get limmed.

Yeah the fluff and I also thought the way you presented your read in was unnatural. I guess Black put it best

You're saying that "things are moving too fast" because you don't want to push Gimli. But Gimli has been the one stoking the fire of how fast things are moving, with his rapid churn of reads and solves and calling me lurkscum for taking a break when stuff got tense (even though I still don't understand why Dragon was offended by me making a joke about him listening to Dannflor :?). So why are you appealing to
other
people instead of advising Gimli to take a breath? There was nothing 'set in stone' about what was going on- look, now
I'm
the one most at risk of getting flipped today! This is what happens when people actually allow time for others to talk! So your analysis was just plain wrong and reads as you trying to defend Gimli without actually defending him, just complaining about how faaaaast it's all happening. It was just a matter of hours ago that Kay was getting scrutinized for unvoting with him at E-1 and nobody but her thought there was a risk of the wagon actually getting hammered already. Where is this sense of despair and urgency coming from?
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:51 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Well... you're bringing some, right? :shifty:
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:52 pm

Post by May »

CSF's avatar is truly a warm blanket of familiarity and comfort in a sea of edgy dark avatars

Hu Tao's is anime but she just kinda looks if i played genshin impact i would learn that character is a palace assassin or something
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:53 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 668, Duelist Kage wrote:
Well... you're bringing some, right? :shifty:
Pssh, hard pass.....I might just vote you for this
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:55 pm

Post by May »

I only like straight vodka
Duelist Kage
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Duelist Kage
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:56 pm

Post by Duelist Kage »

Let it never be known that Drew does not have his priorities in order :lol:
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:56 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 671, May wrote: I only like straight vodka
I prefer my vodka to be at least a bit curious
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:11 pm

In post 667, Duelist Kage wrote:
In post 650, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: you've sort of lost me now. If you're talking about me I have one of the lower post counts on this board. The activity grind isn't on me. This playerlist is just a very active, very tryhard one. But if I feel like things are going down the wrong track, I will say so. I'm not sure what the issue is?

You're saying that "things are moving too fast" because you don't want to push Gimli. But Gimli has been the one stoking the fire of how fast things are moving, with his rapid churn of reads and solves and calling me lurkscum for taking a break when stuff got tense (even though I still don't understand why Dragon was offended by me making a joke about him listening to Dannflor :?). So why are you appealing to
other
people instead of advising Gimli to take a breath? There was nothing 'set in stone' about what was going on- look, now
I'm
the one most at risk of getting flipped today! This is what happens when people actually allow time for others to talk! So your analysis was just plain wrong and reads as you trying to defend Gimli without actually defending him, just complaining about how faaaaast it's all happening. It was just a matter of hours ago that Kay was getting scrutinized for unvoting with him at E-1 and nobody but her thought there was a risk of the wagon actually getting hammered already. Where is this sense of despair and urgency coming from?
First, I am Actually Defending Gimli

I appealed directly to Black earlier to move her vote off bc I think she's town, and I am pleasantly surprised she moved her vote off but I wasn't sure she was going to and I didn't anticipate her to

I complained bc I don't want my townread to get elimmed. Ultimately other players are the ones who need to move their votes. I already complained about how everyone seems to want to vote Gimli out (and said that's one reason he's town). With you angling to vote there, that's
one more
person that wants him out.

(I don't think you actually disagree with this based on: "[Gimli] needs to be resolved first because if he's actually town he's not going to be trusted by
anyone
." (last part of ))

I still don't know why you believe any of this is scummy behavior. It seems like it was because I misread the timing of the thread? No I don't think I did, and I think if Black hadn't been suspicious of 602, we would possibly be in a very different place. Even so, Gimli and your wagons are still tied. But really it feels more like I'm arguing with scum

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”