halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:57 am

Post by halfasleep »

alright. i hope you will at some point.
An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:59 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 397, JacksonVirgo wrote: Elaborate on it in general, that’s an insane thing to say considering what I was doing that game.
The main thing I'm comparing are the long, pseudosocratic monolouges that ultimately led nowhere.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:00 am

Post by Black »

In post 386, Jake The Wolfie wrote: VOTE: JacksonVirgo

Who wants to ride the Jackson train? Now that Fire mentions it, this play reminds me of the last time I played with him.
You moved on from me super quick
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:03 am

Sleepy, let's move away from my favorite topic to discuss (me) and talk about other people.

What do you think of Jupiter / Ming's responses to my actions?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:07 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 401, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 397, JacksonVirgo wrote: Elaborate on it in general, that’s an insane thing to say considering what I was doing that game.
The main thing I'm comparing are the long, pseudosocratic monolouges that ultimately led nowhere.
I got no idea what that means
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:08 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 403, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Sleepy, let's move away from my favorite topic to discuss (me) and talk about other people.

checked out fine to me. didn't i already say i'm inclined to agree with jupiter's interprestation of your self-vote? it's an interesting reframe to make the conversation about those two player's reactions when they're the ones you were reacting to (ming's questions and jupiter's scumread) when you self-voted.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:12 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 398, JacksonVirgo wrote: Elaborate on it then. What part of my meta are you linking here.
In post 382, fireisredsir wrote: particularly in how he is approaching the game, what he's choosing to focus on, and how his reads develop
i think the coming in swinging at a highposter counter to thread flow is a similar approach

so is delaying the explanations for reads

so is the general pattern of thoughts lacking internal solving motivation. it feels like you need to take time to come up with what your thoughts on the game are rather than just naturally having them

the meta is not the main reason for the read though so i don't really have interest in continuing to litigate it
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:15 am

Post by fireisredsir »

to be clear i think all of those things are scummy in isolation of this game, independent of anything else

they just also happen to match up with patterns of play that you had in another scumgame so i know that it's in range for you
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:17 am

In post 404, JacksonVirgo wrote:
A socratic dialouge is a constructed conversation between two people as a method of conveying some point or arguing some point.

A pseudosocraric monolouge, by contrast, would be a monolouge from one person as a method of fallaciously arguing some point, or giving the appearance of making a point.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:18 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 408, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 404, JacksonVirgo wrote:
A socratic dialouge is a constructed conversation between two people as a method of conveying some point or arguing some point.

A pseudosocraric monolouge, by contrast, would be a monolouge from one person as a method of fallaciously arguing some point, or giving the appearance of making a point.
I wasn’t making a point? I was thinking

wiki // GTKAS
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:19 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 336, JupiterXV wrote: btw purplemango i have a response in the works but i also have work i have to do that is also in the works
that being said i would like to see this promised post from jupiter too, in the interest of fairness if we're talking about stuff being kicked down the road.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:21 am

Post by halfasleep »

more posts from purplemango would also be nice i have no idea how to read the lurkier players
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:22 am

Post by fireisredsir »

my townlean on purplemango is probably the weakest one
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:23 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 406, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 398, JacksonVirgo wrote: Elaborate on it then. What part of my meta are you linking here.
In post 382, fireisredsir wrote: particularly in how he is approaching the game, what he's choosing to focus on, and how his reads develop
i think the coming in swinging at a highposter counter to thread flow is a similar approach

so is delaying the explanations for reads

so is the general pattern of thoughts lacking internal solving motivation. it feels like you need to take time to come up with what your thoughts on the game are rather than just naturally having them

the meta is not the main reason for the read though so i don't really have interest in continuing to litigate it
Can you reword that first point please?

I don’t think I’ve delayed anything but this latest thing with halfasleep, and it hasn’t even been 24 hours. I’ve worked, slept and spent time with someone close to me. It’s long form mafia, give me space.

I’m not having natural thoughts as much as normal because I’m not playing as normal. I’m on mobile until I get my computer fixed and it’s incredibly painful to play so I’m finding difficulty getting into it. Not asking you to accept that but just what it is.

You compared the two games, so I was arguing what I was dealt.

wiki // GTKAS
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:25 am

In post 405, halfasleep wrote:
In post 403, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Sleepy, let's move away from my favorite topic to discuss (me) and talk about other people.

checked out fine to me. didn't i already say i'm inclined to agree with jupiter's interprestation of your self-vote? it's an interesting reframe to make the conversation about those two player's reactions when they're the ones you were reacting to (ming's questions and jupiter's scumread) when you self-voted.
Refering to Jupiter specifically, do you agree with their assessment that I was blatantly misinterpreting Black?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:31 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 414, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

Refering to Jupiter specifically, do you agree with their assessment that I was blatantly misinterpreting Black?
no, i don't think i do entirely agree with that. there's multiple potentially valid interpretations of any player's posts. it's more important to me that i think jupiter believed it when he said it. asking whether i agree rather than believe it is more of a question about you than about jupiter, no? i thought we were changing the topic :P
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:43 am

In post 415, halfasleep wrote:

no, i don't think i do entirely agree with that. there's multiple potentially valid interpretations of any player's posts. it's more important to me that i think jupiter believed it when he said it. asking whether i agree rather than believe it is more of a question about you than about jupiter, no? i thought we were changing the topic :P
That's (Jupiter believing what he was saying) a very good point. Thank you.

Going on to Ming, what do you think of him not seeing any of what I've claimed to see?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:54 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 416, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 415, halfasleep wrote:

That's (Jupiter believing what he was saying) a very good point. Thank you.

Going on to Ming, what do you think of him not seeing any of what I've claimed to see?
In post 352, awesomeming327 wrote: I think your entire argument makes no sense. Black was saying that she wanted to hang you but just not yet and I do not understand how anyone can interpret that differently.
this? i don't think i place much significance on it tbh. reads more as annoyance with you - which i'm obviously not going to take issue with - rather than an engaged disagreement. non-indicative imo.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:03 am

In post 417, halfasleep wrote:
In post 352, awesomeming327 wrote: I think your entire argument makes no sense. Black was saying that she wanted to hang you but just not yet and I do not understand how anyone can interpret that differently.
this? i don't think i place much significance on it tbh. reads more as annoyance with you - which i'm obviously not going to take issue with - rather than an engaged disagreement. non-indicative imo.
Does it read as genuine frustration to you?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:04 am

Post by halfasleep »

maybe. it doesn't really shift my read one way or the other.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:06 am

Post by halfasleep »

i guess the fuller answer here is: i can't tell. it depends on his alignment which, while i obviously have some opinions on, i don't think is really telling in this particular post.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:19 am

You said you had some opinons on his alignment, what are they?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:27 am

Post by halfasleep »

did you vote for me yesterday without reading a single post i made? why only bother engage to with me after i've voted for you?
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:35 am

Post by JupiterXV »

wow I came back to thread after forty minutes on public transit and I think I've seen a lot of scum theatre, (JV, Jake, Purple)

half-asleep I will respond to purplemango for the sake of fairness, I have part of that post written and will work on it later
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:42 am

In post 422, halfasleep wrote: did you vote for me yesterday without reading a single post i made? why only bother englage to with me after i've voted for you?
Sleepy, I am directly asking you because if I don't, then I will be accused of blatantly misinterpreting what you're saying.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”