Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:38 pm

Post by May »

In post 848, JacksonVirgo wrote: You appear to be constantly avoiding responsibility for your own shit
Me?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:39 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Yeah, you. Should have quoted
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:39 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 845, May wrote: I'd say it would be scummy for anyone else to react to 805 the way you did but I know you're kinda, like that. It might be scummy even for you. Im puzzling over it
You literally said you would hammer a town read.

How is my reaction scummy exactly??
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:43 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 849, May wrote:
In post 549, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 539, Black wrote:
In post 532, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 530, Black wrote:
In post 529, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 520, Black wrote: HI DREW
HELLO....WHY ARE WE YELLING??
BECAUSE I'M EXCITED TO SEE YOU

How's the reading coming along?
Well first off, you really think DE repping out and whatever happened between him and Gimli was theater?
I thought it was a possibility before the rep out happened, now I think it's pretty unlikely. I think Dragon can be performative but felt different, idk
I think I remember a game I played with him awhile ago(the first weird dreams I believe) where he got upset like that when I believe it was me who town read him for that very reason.......lol, leave it to me to sort my slot that I repped into(btw, I can confirm I am town here).

Though would be kinda fun to start playing before I look at the role PM when I repp it.

Anywho, kinda up to page 8 or so, kinda just skimming to pick up vibes. I do feel like Hu is town, Kay seems a bit more reserved than our previous game......but I won't call her scum for that quite yet.....maybe

Black seems townie as well, Gimli.....ever so slightly gonna lean town on, but won't die on that hill.

Also getting town Pings from Dann.....don't really have a solid scum read as of right now
Three qualifiers in one sentence without a reason for Gimli made you sound uncomfortable having takes
Because I couldn't remember the exact game I was talking about? The one which, oh btw, I went and found, and that Gimli also remembered?

If I don't fully remember something, I won't talk like it is gospel until I can verify, so ya....there were qualifiers until I could find the game I was thinking about
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:47 pm

Post by May »

I need to take responsibility for the post in which I indicate I plan to later change my post from dragon to either JacksonVirgo or Klick, without clarifying which one replaced kjq, even though I strongly town read kjq, without bothering to ask the other 8 players or my scum partner Datisi who would probably edit the OP if I annoyed him.

This behavior is antitown because such an elimination is very unlikely to flip mafia and the town wincon involves flipping lots of mafia. It is easy to see this behavior as pro-scum, as it reduces the chance that I or Datisi are eliminated today. It doesnt reduce it to zero because GeorgeBailey knows I like to bus and play solo and could post an extra flip as a treate, but it does reduce it. This could mean even more evil thread control in day 2 when both I and datisi are still alive but KayJayVirgo was limmed and Hu Tao was NKed by my hand
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:50 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Can we throw them out already? Cool, appreciate

wiki // GTKAS
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:51 pm

Post by May »

In post 853, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 849, May wrote:
In post 549, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 539, Black wrote:
In post 532, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 530, Black wrote:
In post 529, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 520, Black wrote: HI DREW
HELLO....WHY ARE WE YELLING??
BECAUSE I'M EXCITED TO SEE YOU

How's the reading coming along?
Well first off, you really think DE repping out and whatever happened between him and Gimli was theater?
I thought it was a possibility before the rep out happened, now I think it's pretty unlikely. I think Dragon can be performative but felt different, idk
I think I remember a game I played with him awhile ago(the first weird dreams I believe) where he got upset like that when I believe it was me who town read him for that very reason.......lol, leave it to me to sort my slot that I repped into(btw, I can confirm I am town here).

Though would be kinda fun to start playing before I look at the role PM when I repp it.

Anywho, kinda up to page 8 or so, kinda just skimming to pick up vibes. I do feel like Hu is town, Kay seems a bit more reserved than our previous game......but I won't call her scum for that quite yet.....maybe

Black seems townie as well, Gimli.....ever so slightly gonna lean town on, but won't die on that hill.

Also getting town Pings from Dann.....don't really have a solid scum read as of right now
Three qualifiers in one sentence without a reason for Gimli made you sound uncomfortable having takes
Because I couldn't remember the exact game I was talking about? The one which, oh btw, I went and found, and that Gimli also remembered?

If I don't fully remember something, I won't talk like it is gospel until I can verify, so ya....there were qualifiers until I could find the game I was thinking about
I appreciate the follow up
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:52 pm

Post by May »

In post 855, JacksonVirgo wrote: Can we throw them out already? Cool, appreciate
What is this post referring to
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:53 pm

Post by May »

In post 852, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 845, May wrote: I'd say it would be scummy for anyone else to react to 805 the way you did but I know you're kinda, like that. It might be scummy even for you. Im puzzling over it
You literally said you would hammer a town read.

How is my reaction scummy exactly??
Do you think I said I would hammer a town read because I am mafia?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:53 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

I think Drew is town

That last long post from May makes me think she is probably town as well
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:57 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 859, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I think Drew is town

You… think that’s townie? (From may)

wiki // GTKAS
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:59 pm

Maybe it's just Kage / Dannflor

I thought it was scummy earlier that Dann came in and did not comment on Kage's posts at all (hence why I asked him about it @Black). I expected him to at least have a heightened awareness of her posting, having voted her earlier in the game and it was another person scumreading Gimli (who he is presumably townreading)

His actual read on her is kind of a hedge. Like first a reason to townread then walks it back some. Dann actually raised a good point about Kage in . But then he pivoted to voting... Black?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:01 pm

In post 860, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 859, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I think Drew is town

You… think that’s townie? (From may)
Yes

It reads as sardonic at a time when she can't really afford to be sardonic

it ties back to what I said earlier about her not seeming to care about image
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 763, Dannflor wrote: DE slot flipping scum spews all of may/gimli/duelist town
Don't think they are flipping scum
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by May »

In post 861, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Maybe it's just Kage / Dannflor

I thought it was scummy earlier that Dann came in and did not comment on Kage's posts at all (hence why I asked him about it @Black). I expected him to at least have a heightened awareness of her posting, having voted her earlier in the game and it was another person scumreading Gimli (who he is presumably townreading)

His actual read on her is kind of a hedge. Like first a reason to townread then walks it back some. Dann actually raised a good point about Kage in . But then he pivoted to voting... Black?
My primary issue with this solve is that it does not feed my herosolve hubris monster. I don't think I've town read Dannflor yet this game though
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:11 pm

Post by May »

I feel slightly better about drew which I hate
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:12 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 769, Klick wrote: I have read the entirety of Page 1 and skimmed the last two pages

Disappointingly, my top townread coming out of Page 1 is Gimli
I also think he's probably right about Dragon being town

I will be sus of Dann if he doesn't townread at least one of them when he starts posting reads
🤔
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:15 pm

Post by May »

Gimli town read dragon for his whole tenure right
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:18 pm

Post by May »

If Dannflor is scum I think it's probably with dragon because it's kinda brave to do the take that dragon AtE was scummy. Like mathematically as a wolf you're probably of gonna convince a town to vote a townie that emotionally repped out. Dog just doesn't hunt. 3 ppl correctly town read the AtE 3 people broken clock town read the AtE you don't cross examine your witness and then replacement comes in and does something independently townie
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:18 pm

Post by May »

*probably not
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:20 pm

My kneejerk reaction to Kage's catch up is that it was really scum

Generally speaking, the style of catch up where you go back and respond to posts from 20+ pages ago is +scum because we have all moved past that part of the conversation and it serves very little purpose to advance the game.

Why I think it is +scum is because that style of catch up makes it seem like you have a lot of ~thoughts~ about the game without having to respond to posts in real time. Scum can take their time to think about how to respond to certain posts

Spoiler:
In post 677, Duelist Kage wrote:
In post 105, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 92, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 85, DragonEater70 wrote: Then in this case I will say they are sarcastic. Unless you think a game with 5 scum and 4 town is possible.
You tell me :lol:
I feel like you're playing the newbie / "I'm so lost" card too much for it to be natural and hiding behind it sorta

VOTE: KayJayQueue
Hmm, I understand this position, as I read some of a game Kay recently completed, considering replacing in, and I definitely had her in my potential solve along with the actual scum team. (That was a pretty sad game). But I'm disliking it more now, seeing as DE was getting on Gimli's case at the time and now here's a CSF/Gimli defense.

I find it difficult to believe this post was written by town. The assertion is that we as a team would panic on page 7 or whatever when DE wasn't even committed to the wagon (he was pushing Kage right before and sort of compromised onto Gimli)

and that somehow made me wax up a scumread (but one that is completely believable btw!).

Spoiler:
In post 679, Duelist Kage wrote:
In post 108, Dannflor wrote: boo

the wink wink nudge nudge secret meta reads are not fun to decipher
See, this was part of my issue with what was going on with DE. I did not expect to come into this game and have him jump around pointing at me going "hey look, an alt! I know who it is!" People now think that he was meta-reading me. He said he wasn't because I'm on an alt so I may be trying to play differently. And yet the way he acted makes people think he is. Without knowing whether he even has the ability to do so (he doesn't). His presumed meta becomes an unfalsifiable argument, short of me explaining more about who I am/why I'm on an alt. I had certain hopes for addressing these things, as I didn't intend or expect to keep my main's identity a secret forever (or even a long time), and having to do so to address a "are you meta-reading me or not" situation was absolutely not any of those hopes. If people guess (like DE did), that's fine and expected (not that I'm trying to make it
too
easy).
In post 684, Duelist Kage wrote:
In post 115, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 108, Dannflor wrote: the wink wink nudge nudge secret meta reads are not fun to decipher
Who posted anything like that? I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who knows Kage's identity and I didn't really do any meta read of her (aside from saying she should know Gimli's meta, which just trust me on this).
See? What even is this. It's not meta, oh except for this one thing which he just totally made up? If he's town, as seems likely at the moment, he's totally projecting his own confidence because
he
feels like he knows Gimli's meta therefore I, as someone he knows has played with Gimli before, must
also
know. It's awful.

I also don't think town would write this. DE is no longer in the game, and no one was really sheeping his meta read anyway. And furthermore, Kage was
townreading
DE/Drew

in terms of priorities, given Kage doesn't have much time to spend on the time (not blaming you for that), this simply doesn't seem like something she would take the time to write as town
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Hmm. I'm not sure who I want. I like a few slots.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:24 pm

Post by May »

I would say I separately dislike that 684 is like, holding a town read constant throughout the post and then making a "personalityhunting" post and then treating it as content

If that makes any sense
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:24 pm

Post by May »

In post 871, Hu Tao wrote: Hmm. I'm not sure who I want. I like a few slots.
Are you a beliefer in the May sucm
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:25 pm

In post 872, May wrote: I would say I separately dislike that 684 is like, holding a town read constant throughout the post and then making a "personalityhunting" post and then treating it as content

If that makes any sense
Yes! that's what I was trying to say

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”