Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:41 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

I threatened to lim someone who self-voted and said they didn’t want continue playing the game. I don’t understand what you expected to get from self-voting? I’m sorry but I’d feel much more inclined to be on your side if you didn’t basically say you were happy to quit. This is a game and if you’re town, that means you are on my team and we win together or lose together. You giving up is a slap in the face to the rest of your team. I responded accordingly.

I tried to move the game along a few pages back and this just exploded out of nowhere. I’m feeling slighted that I was accused of doing something wrong here. I’m happy to move on but I’m going to defend myself if I’m accused again.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:44 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 554, Black wrote: I think there's a real chance that Jackson/Kay/Jupiter are all town and scum either watched this episode from the sidelines or nudged it along subtly
What makes you turn your jup read around?
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:49 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 571, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 570, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 562, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 554, Black wrote: I think there's a real chance that Jackson/Kay/Jupiter are all town and scum either watched this episode from the sidelines or nudged it along subtly
i think jackson is townier than i thought before

not sure on kay

still think jake is scum
I like all three, especially the jackson fella
what makes you townread jake?
It’s not based in logic you could reciprocate but I’ll work on trying to understand the feeling more to try and explain it. Apart from that one thing, I believe their vibe is incredibly townie.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:59 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

@JupiterXV

I understand, possibly more than anyone else in this thread, your frustration. While I could never make any gameplay recommnedations, I would like to recommend that you take a few steps back from this game, maybe get something to eat, and come back when you're ready. It is never a satisfying victory to catch scum at their worst, and it is an even more crushing defeat to execute town because of their emotions. I would much rather see you having fun and enjoying your time here than to feel utterly hopeless and lost to the tides of the game.

This is not me retracting my scumread of you, this is me reaching out and offering emotional support.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

Which I don’t think fully removes you from the conversation of being scum.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:10 pm

Kay, you seem to be suspicious of Black, what donyou think of her reaction to my self-voting?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:14 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 581, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Kay, you seem to be suspicious of Black, what donyou think of her reaction to my self-voting?
One of the main reasons for my suspicion. But there have been other things she’s said that I don’t vibe with, and I feel like she’s been consistently trying to get sus on me from the very beginning of the game. Now, when this insanity breaks out, she seems to be defending one person and ignoring everything else. It feels like it’s either because she’s scum with Jupiter or scum and knows Jupiter is town and trying to get ahead of a possible mislim by being so defensive of him. It gives her the ability to point back to all the times she defended someone who turns out to be town as a reason to the townread her.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:23 pm

I think that Black has tried to engage with some players in this game, and those players haven't really reciprocated the engagement. While she has made one-offs that I could best describe as shading, I do think some of her lack of deal is that no one seems interested in holding down a convo with her.

Still, I find her pot-shots scummy and want to push her for them.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:01 pm

Post by halfasleep »

In post 583, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
I think that Black has tried to engage with some players in this game, and those players haven't really reciprocated the engagement.
While she has made one-offs that I could best describe as shading, I do think some of her lack of deal is that no one seems interested in holding down a convo with her.

Still, I find her pot-shots scummy and want to push her for them.
this is a good point. you and purple have ignored black's questions at different points in the thread while ming and kay just gave stonewalling non-answers. it's kinda funny that you're bringing this up when you're part of the problem tho.
An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:08 pm

I don't recall ignoring any relevant questions from Black. Besides that, I've also answered some of Black's questions too.

I think the more deeply troubling thing here is that little bit of shade at the end there. It reads to me like you're scumleaning me for making a good point despite my position relative to that point.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:15 pm

Post by halfasleep »

In post 80, Black wrote:
In post 72, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 70, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 68, Jake The Wolfie wrote: The 3P color about to be red when my axe meets their neck
VOTE: Jack The Wolfie
People finally scumread me. I was scared there for a little bit.
Why were you scared
it was here a lot earlier in the thread so before any of the major arguments where yes, you were engaged with black directly so i'll give you that. i only saw this because you brought up black being ignored and i backread.
i don't really see a problem in a little shade when you're pointing out something that you've done yourself but to be clear it doesn't really move the needle on you either way in my eyes. i don't really see the scum motivation in black's posting that you seem to either.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:25 pm

In post 586, halfasleep wrote:
In post 80, Black wrote:
In post 72, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 70, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 68, Jake The Wolfie wrote: The 3P color about to be red when my axe meets their neck
VOTE: Jack The Wolfie
People finally scumread me. I was scared there for a little bit.
Why were you scared
it was here a lot earlier in the thread so before any of the major arguments where yes, you were engaged with black directly so i'll give you that. i only saw this because you brought up black being ignored and i backread.
[...]
Well, I did say relevant questions. I didn't really take Black's question seriously, as it was for a joking remark (though, with the way this game has gone, I should be more wary about makibg such comments.)
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:34 pm

Post by halfasleep »

sure, you're free to determine what you think is relevant but it was a direct question you didn't answer (and it does read to me like at least a light genuine poke to start moving the game, but that's subjective and i can believe you don't think so) and i want to note it. mainly because i'm wary of potentially useful information getting lost in the noise. and we've definitely had a lot noise so far.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:35 pm

Post by halfasleep »

anyway since we're talking jake where are you on kjq. she's been feeling worse and worse to me, personally
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 pm

I might just be reading too much into her seeing things my way, but I generally get good faithed vibes from her.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:57 pm

Post by halfasleep »

In post 94, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 91, JupiterXV wrote: gamers do yall think jake voting purple is scum-motivated or not
The comment before the vote makes it seem like an excuse for jumping on a bus (that was only 2 votes at the time, so not even a bus)
her first serious post in the thread, immediately shading jupiter
In post 140, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 139, halfasleep wrote:
In post 138, KayJayQueue wrote: VOTE: JupiterXV
weird to piggyback off what awesomeming is saying without adding anything yourself. can't tell if partnered or just opportunism.
I’m not piggybacking, I’m just in a bad mood and his posts were getting annoying. I don’t know why town would just spam nonsense that doesn’t move the game forward. I get having a bit of banter and some jokes but I guess I just feel it’s excessive.
at the first opportunity she finds a reason to vote for jupiter. this is where i first scumread her since i thought she was just joining in with ming.
In post 437, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 435, Black wrote:
In post 429, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 427, halfasleep wrote:
In post 425, KayJayQueue wrote: VOTE: Black
say more?
I think scum is hiding behind this Jake-sized red herring so I’m venturing out to find them.
Do you not have any questions for me? I don't know how just voting for me is going to help you find me if I'm scum
I don’t have any questions for you at this time.
this is the only time she really looks at anyone but jupiter but then has nothing to say to black after getting the attention she's allegedly looking for.
In post 440, JacksonVirgo wrote: VOTE: Jupiter

They perspective slipped actually
In post 451, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 448, JupiterXV wrote: there's no way that jake's on site for five years and has mafia knowledge YET PLAYS LIKE THIS AS TOWN???
Aaaaand he double downs.
but as soon as someone else is on jupiter? immediately jumping in and instigating. same target, same pattern of waiting for someone else to push first.
the main town-motive i could see behind her posts is that she's been tunneled on jupiter since page 1 but that doesn't really make sense to me because then she says:
In post 480, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 478, halfasleep wrote: I was all ready to side-eye jackson for seemingly making a 'slip' out of nothing and doubly kjq for jumping on it but what am i supposed to do with this selfdestruct lol. you're gonna fold up and say 'i don't want to play anymore' over 2 (two) people scumreading you?
I didn’t even necessarily scum read him. Just felt like I could anticipate how he was going to react.
like, really? you didn't? this doesn't check out to me at all.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:00 pm

Post by halfasleep »

hmm, actually yeah
VOTE: KayJayQueue
awesomeming327
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:06 pm

Post by awesomeming327 »

Jake: made a weird self-vote thing and then started trying to divert to others. First to Black and then with
In post 403, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Sleepy, let's move away from my favorite topic to discuss (me) and talk about other people.

What do you think of Jupiter / Ming's responses to my actions?
He's really acting like it was something of a mass RT which I don't really see the point of at this stage.

I don't like Jupiter's reaction to it. He is way too confident from the very beginning that Jake was scum for the self-vote, and for what reason? Because it's a bad play?
In post 448, JupiterXV wrote: there's no way that jake's on site for five years and has mafia knowledge YET PLAYS LIKE THIS AS TOWN???
The point of a scumtell is to differentiate between scum and town. Bad gameplay in no way does this: it comes from both town and scum and it is completely NAI and I do not get why he is so confident about this.
In post 450, JacksonVirgo wrote: “It’s astounding they’ve been on the site with this towngame”

Paraphrased. This wording and yours seems to show to me that your assumption is that they’re town. Which would be the perspective slip in question.

I know what you meant to say, a slip is a slip.
How did you interpret that as a slip? I interpreted it more as "It is impossible that Jake [...] plays like this as town." The slip interpretation seems like a stretch and I lowkey doubt Jupiter's novice enough to make a mistake like that.

Anyway I think I agree that Jupiter seems off but I think a lot of people are thinking that for the wrong reasons. I think both selfvotes in and of themselves were NAI but both follow-ups to those self-votes were scummy.

I don't really want to further look at this situation (I'll come back to in in like 2-3 days) and so I want to put the people who were possibly, in Black's words "nudging", in closer scrutiny: Black, fireisred, halfasleep. I also feel like little has been discussed about those people in particular so that might be good.

Other comments:

Purplemango please show up or else

Anyways I have no idea who I'm voting right now so VOTE: awesomeming327 [/uv]awesomeming327[/uv]
awesomeming327
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:06 pm

Post by awesomeming327 »

Ok UNVOTE: awesomeming327
awesomeming327
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 pm

Post by awesomeming327 »

Quickly skimmed over the last few pages, and my overall thoughts are that all three of the people I mentioned above are towny, particularly halfasleep, who has seemed especially analytic (rather than popcorning)
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:14 pm

Ming, your mind is an enigma that I will never have the pleasure to ever comprehend. Please, never change, for my benefit.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:33 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Please hold...
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:01 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

This is a general reminder to play nice and to be respectful to each other.

The rules of this game require you to be respectful to other players, and any additional infractions against this rule may result in moderator action.

New deadline due to lock: (expired on 2024-03-26 02:12:21)
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:05 pm

Authoritative pagebottom.