Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:39 am

Post by halfasleep »

ok i got nothing out of that the whole thing just seemed circular and unproductive oh well
An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:40 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 712, halfasleep wrote:
In post 707, JacksonVirgo wrote: That’s like not at all what I was calling out
ok then, what am i misunderstanding here?
jackson, any elaboration on this?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:40 am

Post by halfasleep »

jake, any thoughts on purple scumreading you?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:43 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 727, halfasleep wrote:
Yeah but give me time I’m working
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:43 am

Post by halfasleep »

sure np
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:48 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Replacing Black.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:15 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 706, Purplemango wrote:[...)

jake - I don't really understand the logic behind actions, at the moment it's getting better, but still too weird to be a town in my mind
Like, too much doesn't make sense
[...]
I think, coming from a newbie, this take is totally reasonable and expected. My playstyle is definitely a deviation from the norm, and reading it as such is not AI imo.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:16 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

“it's honestly astounding that jakes's been on site for like five years now and plays like this as town does anyone know if this is normal” - Jupiter 2023

Sure, so initially I saw his wording choice wasn’t really lining up with what he would be believing if he were Town. He is meaning to say that he believes Jake is scum because this play would otherwise be insane to come from a Town. He is also asking people for other thoughts on the validity of that thought. I was never debating that, and I’m stating this to make it clear the thought process all through it including any assumptions I take for granted that you may disagree with.

With that thought, he would br confident but still isn’t sure (hence asking for external feedback). The exact wording I saw as a possible Freudian slip as the use of “that” in the first sentence seems to subtly insinuate that he believes that he is Town, yet acting like he’s not.

The operative term is exactly that “that” as I would have otherwise expected he would use a word that wasn’t so cut and dry such as “if”.

Whether you agree to that or not, I saw something worth investigating so as I do as often as I’m genuinely confident I overly exaggerated my confidence to try and get a decent response out of Jup, as if I’m all subtle and like “oh maybe its scummy idk” that’s not going to put pressure on anybody, and pressure is what gets the scum to choke and slip up exactly like he did.

wiki // GTKAS
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:35 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 732, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 706, Purplemango wrote:[...)

jake - I don't really understand the logic behind actions, at the moment it's getting better, but still too weird to be a town in my mind
Like, too much doesn't make sense
[...]
I think, coming from a newbie, this take is totally reasonable and expected. My playstyle is definitely a deviation from the norm, and reading it as such is not AI imo.
fair
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:39 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 733, JacksonVirgo wrote:
“it's honestly astounding that jakes's been on site for like five years now and plays like this as town does anyone know if this is normal” - Jupiter 2023

Sure, so initially I saw his wording choice wasn’t really lining up with what he would be believing if he were Town. He is meaning to say that he believes Jake is scum because this play would otherwise be insane to come from a Town. He is also asking people for other thoughts on the validity of that thought. I was never debating that, and I’m stating this to make it clear the thought process all through it including any assumptions I take for granted that you may disagree with.

With that thought, he would br confident but still isn’t sure (hence asking for external feedback). The exact wording I saw as a possible Freudian slip as the use of “that” in the first sentence seems to subtly insinuate that he believes that he is Town, yet acting like he’s not.

The operative term is exactly that “that” as I would have otherwise expected he would use a word that wasn’t so cut and dry such as “if”.

Whether you agree to that or not, I saw something worth investigating so as I do as often as I’m genuinely confident I overly exaggerated my confidence to try and get a decent response out of Jup, as if I’m all subtle and like “oh maybe its scummy idk” that’s not going to put pressure on anybody, and pressure is what gets the scum to choke and slip up exactly like he did.
yeah i find the rhetoric identical regardless of 'that' vs 'if'. it's the same in my eyes. but yeah there's probably no point in litigating that further.
i also don't agree that jupiter's overreaction was inherently a scum choke which is the part that probably is going to remain a relevant question going forward.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:47 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

You didn’t bring this up and I didn’t reply to get your thoughts on the accuracy. It was for your read on me

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:49 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

So ignoring the fact you disagree with me, which is NAI for us both. Does that change anything? Seeing my full thought process

wiki // GTKAS
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:58 am

Post by halfasleep »

i don't think it does. it's what i already thought you were saying but it's good to go through it clearly. i didn't really trust it at the time and i still don't now. like i said it's more that you wanted to shut that down at the time that keeps you in my scumpool.
though i can also imagine the world where town-you was feeling good about where your read might be taking you and didn't like me poking it before you'd gotten jupiter's reaction. that wouldn't be unreasonable, it think. hrm. considering that might push you back towards neutral territory for me. idk i'll let it simmer.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:59 am

Post by halfasleep »

thanks for engaging with me on that i think it does help my thoughts.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:00 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 738, halfasleep wrote: i don't think it does. it's what i already thought you were saying but it's good to go through it clearly. i didn't really trust it at the time and i still don't now. like i said it's more that you wanted to shut that down at the time that keeps you in my scumpool.
though i can also imagine the world where town-you was feeling good about where your read might be taking you and didn't like me poking it before you'd gotten jupiter's reaction. that wouldn't be unreasonable, it think. hrm. considering that might push you back towards neutral territory for me. idk i'll let it simmer.
Shut what down?

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:00 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

You just caught me in an emotional moment and I reacted in a super defensive way. Which I regret

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:02 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

It wasn’t because you were shutting it down prematurely or anything, I lashed out in a sense

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:03 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I can elaborate more on that in particular if you want that

wiki // GTKAS
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:09 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 478, halfasleep wrote: I was all ready to side-eye jackson for seemingly making a 'slip' out of nothing and doubly kjq for jumping on it but what am i supposed to do with this selfdestruct lol. you're gonna fold up and say 'i don't want to play anymore' over 2 (two) people scumreading you?
In post 479, JacksonVirgo wrote: A slip out of nothing? Want me to not call put what I see? You’re complaining I’m not playing and now complain that I am
ah right okay i misremembered this. i thought we had this interaction before jupiter's blow-up but i was after that makes my possible interpretation of it in my last post make no sense at all you can disregard that.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:11 am

Post by halfasleep »

i mean i think if you there's something you want to elaborate on go for it. but if your reasons for being emotional there are real life stuff i don't think i need to, or ought to, ask after that.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:26 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 745, halfasleep wrote: i mean i think if you there's something you want to elaborate on go for it. but if your reasons for being emotional there are real life stuff i don't think i need to, or ought to, ask after that.

So what’s the difference here when Jackson engages you and responds to your issues with him and when I did in post ? Why is his reasoning on being emotional immediately backed off of yet mine wasn’t? Why did you thank him for engaging with you but continued to needle me over my responses? It’s feeling very disproportionate and I’m pretty confused by it, especially if what he said didn’t change your mind.

If you’re still wondering why I was defensive, I’d suggest looking at the way you engaged me vs the way you just engaged Jackson and how we responded to that engagement. I feel like I’m being villainized for responding defensively but if you’re comparing how I’m being responded to vs others, I think I have more reason to be defensive.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:27 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 745, halfasleep wrote: i mean i think if you there's something you want to elaborate on go for it. but if your reasons for being emotional there are real life stuff i don't think i need to, or ought to, ask after that.
Had nothing to do with irl, I won’t waste my breath if you don’t want to hear it.

You say you took that thing back, is your read on me still as scum?

wiki // GTKAS
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:40 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 747, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Had nothing to do with irl, I won’t waste my breath if you don’t want to hear it.

You say you took that thing back, is your read on me still as scum?
i'm happy to hear it then, yes. you're currently at the more neutral end of my scumpool i'd say. my conclusions a few posts up are definitely wonky due to the misread context but i still consider that one post troubling for seeming attack the fact that i was doubting the slip theory at all rather than questioning the actual merit of those doubts. i think i could have been clearer about what i was objecting to in the post you were replying to and i'll admit to that. i was, like everyone at that moment, distracted by jupiter.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:57 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 746, KayJayQueue wrote:
So what’s the difference here when Jackson engages you and responds to your issues with him and when I did in post ? Why is his reasoning on being emotional immediately backed off of yet mine wasn’t? Why did you thank him for engaging with you but continued to needle me over my responses? It’s feeling very disproportionate and I’m pretty confused by it, especially if what he said didn’t change your mind.

If you’re still wondering why I was defensive, I’d suggest looking at the way you engaged me vs the way you just engaged Jackson and how we responded to that engagement. I feel like I’m being villainized for responding defensively but if you’re comparing how I’m being responded to vs others, I think I have more reason to be defensive.
do you really see no difference in tone? the post you're linking isn't nearly as bad as it got but it is the start of you treating it like a personal injustice that i was questioning your gameplay. i haven't had that from jackson in this past conversation, if you insist on drawing the comparison, thus it's easier for me to discuss the point with them without it turning into pulling teeth.

it's also easier to accept emotion as an explanation for one post in isolation than for one post cited as part of a pattern of behaviour, so that's a big difference for me.

i assume by needle you mean continued to ask questions to which i can only say they're different conversations about different game content to which i got different answers. of course the amount of further questions that occur to me reading them is going to vary.

i'm not villainising you. i'm scumreading you. i think it's important to be clear that i consider the mafia to be my opponents in this game, not my personal enemies. nobody is a bad person for playing the game as scum. if we can't agree on that then i don't know how to play with you.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”