He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:19 am

Post by Thomith »

Bloop
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:23 am

Post by Gimli »

meh I ISO'd mango now and the guy seems a little pure as well

I understand its probably like a kid or something

I might be clearing scum :clown:
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:25 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 974, Thomith wrote: Since two people are saying the Purple/ming ISO's are different, I'll look again tomorrow when I'm less tired, because I'm not seeing it, but could just be missing something.
I really think the explanation for that is that ming had a friend and purple didn’t. Many of Ming’s posts and responses seemed directed to or bouncing off Jupiter. He may have come off more invested in the game but I do believe familiarity with another player helped that along.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:30 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 971, Gimli wrote:[...]
jake's posting felt good since the gambit and I'm fine writing him off as a townie as well.
[...]
In post 221, Jake The Wolfie wrote:[...]

I extrude towniness from every strand of fur.

[...]
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:53 am

Post by halfasleep »

on ming, i clashed with him pretty early on specifics but it's hard to call his early posting anything but engaged. i also liked 593 which was his last real contribution. he remains in my line of sight as possible scum due to lack of movement. i don't know if he's busy or he's been demotivated the game's direction but i'd certainly like to hear from him soon.
An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:11 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'll get astigmatism from squinting too hard at mango's ISO trying to sense anything AI

@mango can you please do more in the game when you get the chance?

in other news, squinting too hard did make me feel like mango might be a townie. I think the most AI stuff about mango is his progression on jake, and it's kind of a weird one. but I do think the progression is a townie one where mango shows he is evaluating the slot while extremely confused about jake's actions in game.

sit tight, grab your favorite beverage and let's walk through this together

Spoiler: trying to townread mango
In post 203, Purplemango wrote:
In post 197, halfasleep wrote:

TOWN-ISH:

Jake The Wolfie:
i find his (thus far) non-contributing posting style irritating but i think he looks more like town playing his own game and keeping his cards hidden while not caring if he's annoying anyone, than scum just trying to be unhelpful.

Black:
hasn't said all that much yet but all her posts look good to me. every post after RVS have been pretty solid questions that look like sincere attempts to poke reactions out of them to read them better. also she went for me in RVS which is great because i love attention. heavily biased townread.
What makes you think jake is more town then scum?
After all, you specifically put him in town-ish and not neutral
There's a chance it's his normal way of playing, but it's still pretty weird to me He has the option to keep his information to himself for now, and still participate more actively/ seriously in the game

I'll go read his previous games to understand better and that
this is the first mango post about jake, and I like this because he is already showing being concerned about the jake slot. while the phrasing is confusing and I'm not sure I get it all, I think he is saying that jake is kind of just actively trolling the game and so it doesn't make sense for him to be townread. I like that he is going at halfasleep's post to point it out, and I like his standpoint on jake in this post.
In post 209, Purplemango wrote:
In post 204, halfasleep wrote:
it's vibes, mainly. i'm not an experienced player and don't have any past-game knowledge behind any of my reads it's just my own feelings.

anyway welcome back to the thread. nice to hear from you finally :P
From what I saw, other games also had a lot of jokes and things like that, but it still made more sense as a game that I would expect from town, and they gave more explanations and thoughts than here
Could be but also related to the fact that the game is much slower, so I don't know
It's effective to act like this when you're scum anyway

Hello!!:))
I like that mango did went ahead and metadived jake. it doesn't feel like he is just doing that for townpoints, and it seems like a simple meta case to check out, which is whether the player was joking too hard or not too hard in other towngames. while I don't think this is how you meta people, there's an investigative trend already going on here which I like.
In post 246, Purplemango wrote:
In post 237, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 218, JupiterXV wrote: I think that the read on Kay is weird and that none of Kay's behavior thus far has been strictly alignment-indicative, and the fact that they think Jake could be town for doing nothing at all but thinking that I'm neutral for also doing nothing is strange.
The reads definitely feel a little forced, like she made them only because I told her to. I actually think this is NAI because it's so early into the game; townies would perhaps not hesitate to say that they don't have conclusive reads, but just as likely they would force some reads because it's pro-town behavior.

On the other hand, I buy JacksonVirgo's newbcard argument more. halfasleep has definitely been posting in a way that's different than what would be expected from a newbie and it feels off
What the problem with giving reads early/based on gut reads? Its better then nothing, i don't think she now gonna stay with all of the reads to the entire time or something, and it did help to make the game more active

This post look weird in my mind but i don't i don't know why, please tell me if its not understandable
this isn't about jake but it's another post I like because it feels organic. I like the 'I don't like this but can't really explain why', it doesn't read as a fake thought from scum, but as a townie thought from someone who can't properly explain themselves. turning feelings into words can be tricky, but often only when you're a townie.
In post 308, Purplemango wrote:
In post 284, Jake The Wolfie wrote: VOTE: JakeTheWolfie

If that is an unsatisfactory response, you have the authority to execute me now.
I can kinda see that possible both as scum and town
But still it doesn't really make sense if they actually try to win, so idk
Its not helping the town either way
this kind of being in two minds about jake also feels like a legitimately towny thought. I like the phrasing here and in subsequent posts because it's reasonable to me that mango's scumread on jake would tremble with the gambit, and that while trying to figure out why the hell jake would do that as scum, mango draws a blank. I also like that he questioned jupiter A LOT about that, and I agree with the sentiment that jupiter exaggerated how likely it was that the gambit was coming from scum.
In post 309, Purplemango wrote: Its look like mostly trolling and such
In post 317, Purplemango wrote:
In post 315, JupiterXV wrote: i don't think this is trolling, kay- i think it's just a scum move here
But whats the point of it??
Like "yes come on vote me" so we wouldn't do it and just hope that we will ignore him or something?
In post 327, Purplemango wrote:
In post 320, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 317, Purplemango wrote:
In post 315, JupiterXV wrote: i don't think this is trolling, kay- i think it's just a scum move here
But whats the point of it??
Like "yes come on vote me" so we wouldn't do it and just hope that we will ignore him or something?
i did talk about this earlier

ok so are you asking me to explain to you why people use this strategy or why this makes jake scum?
How will this help him as scum for longer term?
I thought even before they were scum, so my problem is not in that but like
What the thought process for that
In post 528, Purplemango wrote:
In post 430, JupiterXV wrote: thoughts on purplemango: think theyre partnered w jake because the way they questioned jake's thing to me felt strange idr the specific wording but it felt incredibly frantic and really weird to me. like idk why do u think i know whats going on inside jakes head bro
I'm mostly said that i don't find logic in it, i don't expect you to reads minds or something
Also, why wouldn't you want play anymore? There's something to help it?
In post 674, Purplemango wrote:
In post 532, Black wrote:
In post 530, Purplemango wrote: UNVOTE: black
I forgot i voted for her in like the first thing
Do you have any reads?
I kinda forgot about it and had busy day, sorry
Also i had something better but it got deleted
Anyway
More scum then town: jake, jacksonvirgo
In the middle of both: halfasleep, ming
Idk: jay
More town then scum: fireisredsir, black(???)
In post 706, Purplemango wrote:
In post 680, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 674, Purplemango wrote:
In post 532, Black wrote:
In post 530, Purplemango wrote: UNVOTE: black
I forgot i voted for her in like the first thing
Do you have any reads?
I kinda forgot about it and had busy day, sorry
Also i had something better but it got deleted
Anyway
More scum then town: jake, jacksonvirgo
In the middle of both: halfasleep, ming
Idk: jay
More town then scum: fireisredsir, black(???)
This is some interesting stuff.

Would you care to elaborate on any of it?
jake - I don't really understand the logic behind actions, at the moment it's getting better, but still too weird to be a town in my mind
Like, too much doesn't make sense

jacksonvirgo - similar to above, strange way of speaking, more like scum than town, but it might be their usual and I just don't know enough

halfasleep - it's hard for me to see her as scum, considering that she talked a lot and actively promotes the town, but it might just be a good cover or something ming - I can see too much as both scum and town, so he's in the middle as well

black - the way she talks makes more sense as a town, and her defense works for me I sort of understand her thought process

fireisredsir - probably related to the fact that I generally agree with him on some things, similar to the above, there is a good chance that will change

I have no idea about jay, and in general I also see jupiter as a town at the moment but it seems less relevant to me now
I'm kind of agreeing with some of these reads. while theyre pretty superficial, they sound organic and sensible. it doesn't feel like he has an agenda behind the thoughts on any of these slots. I also like how the progression on jake ended with 'improved, but still nonsensical to me and I don't get it'.

I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:12 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 977, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 974, Thomith wrote: Since two people are saying the Purple/ming ISO's are different, I'll look again tomorrow when I'm less tired, because I'm not seeing it, but could just be missing something.
I really think the explanation for that is that ming had a friend and purple didn’t. Many of Ming’s posts and responses seemed directed to or bouncing off Jupiter. He may have come off more invested in the game but I do believe familiarity with another player helped that along.
this seems lacking in critical thought, when the players have wiildly different styles. I don't have a feeling that KJQ is evaluating either slot properly here, while agreeing that they might be both townies (which doesnt change anything fmpov).
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:14 pm

Post by Gimli »

I also don't like this from thomith, comparing wildly different ISOs and playstyles and calling them similar like that. the only thing they have in common is that they didn't post much.
I'll tie your legs
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:15 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

im not sure how sold i am on the case but at least im pretty sure this is town!gimli
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:21 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 983, fireisredsir wrote: im not sure how sold i am on the case but at least im pretty sure this is town!gimli
btw

do you think virgo/KJQ is ever a thing? I think defending your partner strongly is a decent approach to micros, but unsure how much of their interactions feel svs
I'll tie your legs
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:25 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 981, Gimli wrote:
In post 977, KayJayQueue wrote:
this seems lacking in critical thought, when the players have wiildly different styles. I don't have a feeling that KJQ is evaluating either slot properly here, while agreeing that they might be both townies (which doesnt change anything fmpov).
Lacking critical thought? Pretty sure I was looking at it more critically than anyone else originally. There’s a reason I wasn’t in on the purple push yet I’m not thinking about things critically…I don’t see it. I don’t think I said anything to the contrary about them having different play styles.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:53 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 985, KayJayQueue wrote: Lacking critical thought? Pretty sure I was looking at it more critically than anyone else originally. There’s a reason I wasn’t in on the purple push yet I’m not thinking about things critically…I don’t see it. I don’t think I said anything to the contrary about them having different play styles.
can you explain your mango read to me, or show me posts where you elaborated on him?
I'll tie your legs
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:02 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 986, Gimli wrote:
In post 985, KayJayQueue wrote: Lacking critical thought? Pretty sure I was looking at it more critically than anyone else originally. There’s a reason I wasn’t in on the purple push yet I’m not thinking about things critically…I don’t see it. I don’t think I said anything to the contrary about them having different play styles.
can you explain your mango read to me, or show me posts where you elaborated on him?
, , , ,

If you’re asking if I elaborated on anything specific from his ISO, I didn’t feel the need to but that doesn’t mean my thoughts on him were surface level. It mostly comes from empathy of another new player since many times that’s overlooked or wrongly maligned.
Purplemango
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him + any neos

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:17 pm

Post by Purplemango »

In post 970, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 967, KayJayQueue wrote: I want to say that I also believe ming is a rl friend of Jupiter’s and because of that might have felt more comfortable participating at the beginning of the game where purple may not have. Having someone familiar around can be a game changer.
along these lines is this is why im not that excited about wagoning purple, it feels like punishing someone for not finding their footing when it's automatically going to be harder for them to find their footing and that may not be related to alignment

and as i said a while ago i think they felt a little more lost/disconnected in their town game than in their scumgame so i don't think it's a scumtell
i don't really think thats count/helping the claim
Those games were very different situation, and also the knowing people thing
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:41 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 987, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 986, Gimli wrote:
, , , ,

If you’re asking if I elaborated on anything specific from his ISO, I didn’t feel the need to but that doesn’t mean my thoughts on him were surface level. It mostly comes from empathy of another new player since many times that’s overlooked or wrongly maligned.
looks good

in other news, I definitely cleared at least one scum
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:41 pm

Post by Gimli »

VOTE: jacksonvirgo
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:42 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 983, fireisredsir wrote: im not sure how sold i am on the case but at least im pretty sure this is town!gimli
how confident are you on town!jupiter?
I'll tie your legs
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:09 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 984, Gimli wrote:
btw

do you think virgo/KJQ is ever a thing? I think defending your partner strongly is a decent approach to micros, but unsure how much of their interactions feel svs
eh

i don't think it's impossible but i agree it doesn't really feel SvS. i've sort of thought that one of them is scum pocketing the other for most of the game but that's not necessarily always true either
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:11 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

You could divide this post into three parts.

Additionally, you can divide this posts' number into three parts.

Unrelated, has anyone seen my stereotypical devilish trident?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:49 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 991, Gimli wrote:
how confident are you on town!jupiter?
not 100% by any means but i think he was pretty towny

i don't reallllly want to go into analysis of the emotional aspect, i think a lot of that was independent of alignment and came from other factors and i could clearly see beforehand that the dominoes were lining up for that to happen (maybe i should have been more forceful about trying to direct things elsewhere idk), but there's some elements of it that i think are more likely to be town

the rest of the play also mostly feels like it's coming from a town mindset to me

im not gonna like clear the slot for the rest of the game but im not interested in looking there today
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:24 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Gonna copy Datisi for a second