Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:26 pm

Post by halfasleep »

the posting slowdown jackson's talking about happens exactly where you'd expect it to happen. NAI in and of itself.
An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:26 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

it is definitely true that i have become less engaged with this game and i think there's fairly evident reasons for that and also it isnt something that is more likely to happen when im scum

gimli is correct that my post about his take being wild was unrelated to his alignment. i just thought it was funny bc this is not the kind of game i would generally describe as hard personally
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:42 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

gimli is town because the path that he has taken in approach to this game is so roundabout and unnecessary and all over the place and there's literally no reason to do most of it as scum. there were so many easier paths

i categorically disagree with the point that he has a goal and an agenda to push and builds a case around that considering he has no clear cohesive goal or agenda, and his direction has shifted constantly, several times in ways that would absolutely not improve his position if he were scum

i think that there is scum in the people pushing him almost certainly but there's also town, maybe 2 town, who just see him post a lot and be confident and think maybe he's trying to be manipulative and take control. i think that this is kind of fair and i understand having that gut reaction, but i think that if you stop and really try to come up with a scum motivation behind his direction here it will be fairly difficult without putting some blinders on and reading selectively
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:46 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

There isn’t scum in Jake/Kay. You say there’s no scum in Gimli and obv yourself. I’m not a wolf. It for sure isn’t halfasleep now. Unless the scum is specifically in ming/purple/thom one of us is wrong. That pool Is almost entirely PoE aside from Thom.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:47 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I’m not self-centred enough to just assume I’m never wrong so I’m looking elsewhere.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:47 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I’d rather die than jake/kay.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:47 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Halfasleep is in that pool now too

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:48 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Ah you’re scumreading me/jake that’s right -_- bruh

wiki // GTKAS
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:49 pm

Post by halfasleep »

ok a potential issue with their (i know you're in thread now fire but i'm continuing in the tense i started in for Consistency) subsequent is the townread on the black/gimli slot doesn't have an obvious progression:
In post 856, fireisredsir wrote: i don't think black was obvtown tbf
In post 866, fireisredsir wrote: im fairly sure she has made a very similar post as scum before although i don't really want to go dig for it

the point more was that i don't think "pushing obvtown black" is that valid of a reason for suspicion here
In post 983, fireisredsir wrote: im not sure how sold i am on the case but at least im pretty sure this is town!gimli
In post 1035, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1021, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1019, fireisredsir wrote: why do you think that gimli would take this approach as scum
To not keep attacking people that are vocal, to open up paths to pivot to literally any single person they want without damaging their progression. Things like this.

Is it unconventional? Sure.
Does it mean they’re town? Not necessarily
him being town is the vastly more likely explanation for his approach here and if you're town you are very unreasonably tunneled
it's definitely not On The Page in any clear way how we got to borderline-locktown so fast. possibly explainable as friend-meta (in which case gimli should theoretically have a problem with it) or influenced by sussing jackson together (or at least at the same time), maybe?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:52 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1179, JacksonVirgo wrote: There isn’t scum in Jake/Kay. You say there’s no scum in Gimli and obv yourself. I’m not a wolf. It for sure isn’t halfasleep now. Unless the scum is specifically in ming/purple/thom one of us is wrong. That pool Is almost entirely PoE aside from Thom.
i understand why you would townread kay but i don't know why you are so confident on jake town
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:53 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I’ll respond to your stuff soon halfasleep, my head is pounding so fuckin bad

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:54 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

That extends to you fire sorry

wiki // GTKAS
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:54 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

all good
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:54 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

hope your head feels better
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:56 pm

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1057, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1055, halfasleep wrote:
In post 1053, fireisredsir wrote: varies a lot, this is closer to the longer end of the range for a micro day 1

we should probably try to consolidate fairly soon, long day 1s are not particularly healthy for the game
hmm. i guess i can imagine conflicting ideas on this. is it better to get scum to post as much as possible to work with later or to cut the noise at some point? idk
where would we consolidate if it was only up to you? still jake or are there other options for you?
i used to always want days to last as long as possible for Maximum Information but yeah at a certain point it's just noise and it becomes harder and harder to dig through things

i actively won't vote for gimli, halfasleep, thomith

i don't particularly want to vote for kay

kinda iffy on ming and purple and am ok with wagons there

would like to vote for jake or jackson
also notable here that fire is the first (only?) one to advocate for heading toward day's end and consolidating wagons. easily taken in good faith - as i obviously do above - but it would also be very good for scum-fire considering they haven't been scumread or heavily called into question all day. why not cut things short before either of those things might happen?

i also don't know how we got to ming being put into iffy and ready to wagon when they were townreading him all day? possibly based on his engagement drying up for town-fire or an impression of others (me?) being willing to go for him for scum-fire.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:57 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

@halfasleep, for further context, 983 came right after gimli did a dive on purplemango and towncased him which i think was an incredibly unproductive move for scum!gimli to pull there, which is why i had that reaction to it

that was basically the point that pushed me over the edge into thinking he was very likely town, prior to that i was still slightly wary
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:01 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

Top possible solves:
Gimli/fireisredsir
Gimli/halfasleep
Halfasleep/ming
Gimli/Thom

Lesser chance but possible:
Halfasleep/fireisredsir
Fireisredsir/ming

Jackson - please give me your opinions on fireisredsir and halfasleep. If you think the latter is now town, I need to be convinced.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:03 pm

Post by halfasleep »

i'll chase these posts by saying that while these are the best stuff i could find for fitting into a potential scum-fire world, basically the rest of the iso looked pretty darn solid to me. all these cherry-picks are surrounded by very townie-looking and sometimes insightful posts that make me overall fell more good about them than bad. i hope this makes for a good basis for looking at fire more closely because either way it's undeniable that they've gone under the radar so far. everyone including fire please riff and respond to your hearts' content (or like, whenever you feel like it, whenever you have time no biggie)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:04 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1180, JacksonVirgo wrote: I’m not self-centred enough to just assume I’m never wrong so I’m looking elsewhere.
In post 1181, JacksonVirgo wrote: I’d rather die than jake/kay.
like . . .

i don't get jake being so off the table that he isn't even in the "look elsewhere" pile
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:05 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1191, fireisredsir wrote: @halfasleep, for further context, 983 came right after gimli did a dive on purplemango and towncased him which i think was an incredibly unproductive move for scum!gimli to pull there, which is why i had that reaction to it

that was basically the point that pushed me over the edge into thinking he was very likely town, prior to that i was still slightly wary
983 also came after my posts defending purple and possible reasons for his iso vs ming when they were said to be similar. Something I notice Gimli does is take other people’s ideas and rework them into his own posts to appear to be solving but it’s usually nothing overly original when you take into account the flow of the game whenever he makes posts you read as town (and I believe he does that for that exact reason, to be town read)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:11 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i agree that gimli kinda does that jumping off other people's takes sometimes, i don't see it as scum-indiciative though
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:15 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

the thing is that if gimli was scum he could have gotten largely townread and also flipped a town by now

it really wouldn't be that difficult in this game. i believe that he would know how to do that. the one instance of meta ill use here is to say that i think his wolf game isn't generally to overcomplicate things

so either he's flopping around for no reason because he decided he likes wasting time and running in circles or he's town trying to solve. for now i will take occams razor
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:16 pm

Post by halfasleep »

OH AND since we were talking about ming again recently i'll reiterate that my main reasons to scumread him were his Very Weird Vote (at least to my eyes) on Jupiter:
In post 132, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 131, awesomeming327 wrote: oops
anyway jupiter is scum
BOOOOO tomato tomato tomato
AFTER ALL WE'VE GONE THROUGH..... our brotherhood.... was all our camaraderie for naught.....
In post 133, JupiterXV wrote: top ten anime betrayals..... ming you cant be doing this to me......
In post 179, awesomeming327 wrote: Bad morning

VOTE: JupiterXV

for unnecessary AtE
and his willingness to put at on e-1 early in d1 on an apparent OMGUS vote:
In post 241, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 238, halfasleep wrote:
In post 236, awesomeming327 wrote:
Looking at this readlist, your reasons are not much stronger than mine were. Almost every single one of these is bordering on gutread.
you don't have to say 'bordering' they basically are gutreads. and i didn't call your reasoning weak i called it fake and i think you're pretending not to know that. and yes, that's a gutread too sue me.
?????????????????????????
VOTE: halfasleep
You do not need to die on this hill lmao
(which i recognise could have been NAI genuine tilt - if i've learned anything in this game so far it's that i may be even more annoying than i thought i was - but it overall doesn't look Good)

funnily enough the post that gimli's been citing as scummy-looking is the one that gave me a bit of townlean on ming after this stuff (never left the scumpool though). it's be nice to see him in the thread more i feel like my impression of him is very shaky compared to those i've seen a lot more from.

anyway sorry if i've missed something juicy in the posts that've been coming in as i've been doing this i haven't been able to read them i've burned out all my neurons on this iso dive. i'll check back in tomorrow when i wake up from however long i'm about to pass out for.

THESE TAKES BROUGHT TO YOU BY GIN AND INSOMNIA. CONSUME THEM RESPONSIBLY gnight
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:17 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1197, fireisredsir wrote: the thing is that if gimli was scum he could have gotten largely townread and also flipped a town by now

it really wouldn't be that difficult in this game. i believe that he would know how to do that. the one instance of meta ill use here is to say that i think his wolf game isn't generally to overcomplicate things

so either he's flopping around for no reason because he decided he likes wasting time and running in circles or he's town trying to solve. for now i will take occams razor
Exactly player do you think he would’ve been able to flip?

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”